PDA

View Full Version : Jan 1st - Cable TV Bomb - Mass Cancelation of Services

ghemminger
12-17-2007, 06:00 PM
See Thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=57977

Hit them where it hurts - (even it is for only a few months)

PUT IN YOUR ORDERS TO CANEL NOW - IF WE GET MORE COVERAGE WE CAN SHUT IT DOWN

Needed: Website (we can get something up on RonPaulRadio.com for now)

Ideas; (let's move forward if we get a good response)

tsetsefly
12-17-2007, 06:03 PM
good idea... and from personal recent experience they always call you asking why you cancellled and we can give them a reason...

JoeySweets
12-17-2007, 06:04 PM
no

ron paul will be all over the media after he wins some polls

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
12-17-2007, 06:06 PM
no

so? are you an idol worshipper?

Mark Rushmore
12-17-2007, 06:07 PM
no

As the boots are on your throat, you wait for the offender to be distracted so you can leap up and - kiss and make up? They are doing everything reasonable in their power to marginalize and ridicule the man. That they will eventually switch sides to try and kiss some ass later makes it all better?

Unspun
12-17-2007, 06:07 PM
I'm doing it, for sure. I have been thinking about canceling cable for the last couple months, because I'm sick of the programming. It's the same BS over and over again.

transistor
12-17-2007, 06:08 PM
i canceled mine a few debates ago

conner_condor
I am in all. I got the net and friends who have tons of DVDs to share. Lets get this out to go viral.

european
good idea, but the movement isnt big enough for this yet if u ask me. maybe later in the year 2008.

ghemminger
Looks like a good response - I'll get it set up

pacelli
12-17-2007, 06:14 PM
Might want to post a poll before making such a decision based on 8 responses. This is a major request-- many of us have our internet tied to our cable bills. We cancel cable, no more internet. No more ron paul radio listeners.

ghemminger
12-17-2007, 06:16 PM
Might want to post a poll before making such a decision based on 8 responses. This is a major request-- many of us have our internet tied to our cable bills. We cancel cable, no more internet. No more ron paul radio listeners.

Yeah your right I guess we are fk'd - maybe DSL?

Ronin
12-17-2007, 06:17 PM
Everyone call to cancel their cable. Say you are switching to another provider. They'll offer you a special package. Usually 3 mos free, or some sort of discount. Take the extra cash and donate it to the campaign or some other chip-in.

I think in the grand scheme of things a cancellation really won't hurt them all that bad. There are millions of subscribers. If say 20k leave, they'll laugh it off and say "They'll be back in a couple months", which is probably true.

ghemminger
12-17-2007, 06:18 PM
It's just sadd that we seem to be just so insignificant and powerless against MSM and Polling companies

pacelli
12-17-2007, 06:19 PM
Yeah your right I guess we are fk'd - maybe DSL?

DSL is a great option :)

LibertyForAll
12-17-2007, 06:25 PM
DSL is great but a lot of families have kids too that watch cable for like mtv, cartoons, and the kids would go nuts without cable.

Mark Rushmore
12-17-2007, 06:27 PM
and the kids would go nuts without cable.

Sometimes an early intervention can save someone from a lifetime of addiction.

DahuiHeeNalu
12-17-2007, 06:32 PM
My tv is unplugged anyways...

ecoli
12-17-2007, 06:33 PM
If I had cable, I'd cancel it.

dircha
12-17-2007, 06:39 PM
I haven't owned a television in many years.

It's nice that with YouTube now I can see the relevant media clips.

Before YouTube all I had was radio.

Try it. You will not miss it. If you find yourself sitting around at home, turn on your local public radio station, or tune one in over the internet.

allyinoh
12-17-2007, 07:11 PM
You don't have to have cable to have the internet, at least I don't think so.

I want to get rid of it but the husband wants to wait until after football/basketball seasons. haha

I would be kind of bored at first without my history channel, discovery, and hgtv but I'll survive.

conner_condor
12-17-2007, 07:12 PM
Build a pledge site someone.

Ruby Justice
12-17-2007, 07:56 PM
bump...

someone in another thread suggested "cancelyourcable.com"

This will attract more than Ron Paul supporters.

traitorist
12-17-2007, 07:57 PM
I haven't owned a television in many years.

Try it. You will not miss it. .

agreed. haven't had TV in over 3 years and don't miss it a bit. the extra money in my pocket doesn't hurt either!

PatriotOne
12-17-2007, 08:08 PM
DSL is great but a lot of families have kids too that watch cable for like mtv, cartoons, and the kids would go nuts without cable.

The kids would be fine....maybe the parents would without the electronic babysitters though.

Seriously, turning of the TV would be one of the best things they did for their kids EVER. They might even learn to think for themselves unlike so many people who have grown up with TV and only know what they have been manipulated to think.

XelR8r
12-17-2007, 08:10 PM
Let's wait till after Feb 5th.

It will give us time to get more people.

BarryDonegan
12-17-2007, 08:10 PM
do you get your internet from your cable ;)

traitorist
12-17-2007, 08:11 PM
They might even learn to think for themselves unlike so many people who have grown up with TV and only know what they have been manipulated to think.

I can wholly relate. One of the things you will begin to see when you turn off and leave TV for good, is just how programmed others are. To be honest, it was really disturbing for me at first. Many are walking TV zombies. You can see it in their eyes. I had to undergo de-programming myself.

PatriotOne
12-17-2007, 08:11 PM
bump...

someone in another thread suggested "cancelyourcable.com"

This will attract more than Ron Paul supporters.

I like this idea. Maybe we could use it to make a last push to put RP over the 20M mark before the end of the quarter. Cancel cable and take the months worth of fees and donate to RP. Only about $1.7M needed....LOL..ONLY $1.7 M needed...all of a sudden it sounds like pocket change :eek:!

hypnagogue
12-17-2007, 08:18 PM
I haven't had TV in years. Why some people pay to have propaganda pumped into their homes, just so they have something to look at, is truly beyond me.

I do miss it sometimes..... Mythbusters, History Channel, Futurama.... *sigh*

I guess that's why I download it! :D

rooteroa
12-17-2007, 08:19 PM
No thanks.

jnpg
12-17-2007, 08:24 PM
We have cable for Internet- as it happens our TV tunes in some random channels- with our blockbuster online subscription we have PLENTY of mind-numbing entertainment. We do miss getting to tune in though when RP is on....

thuja
12-17-2007, 08:26 PM
agreed. haven't had TV in over 3 years and don't miss it a bit. the extra money in my pocket doesn't hurt either!

tv is not the problem, cable is. it is what my computer is hooked up to. also, the cable co charges a huge fee.

TN_VOL
12-17-2007, 08:28 PM
I'll be glad too, just as soon as they fix it where I can buy only the channels I really want. I have almost 200 channels but the only time I watch TV is for sporting events and a couple other weekly shows like Lost and Nip/Tuck.

Matt Collins
12-17-2007, 10:34 PM
I've been seriously considering this.

Not only has my time been so thin because of the campaign etc that I haven't been on my couch more than twice in the last month, but it's $77/month that I could use toward paying off my debt.