PDA

View Full Version : Did you guys forget WHY we had the Tea Party?!

hard@work
12-17-2007, 05:58 PM
I've been confused. I've noticed a lot of the frustration over the old media's lack of coverage of the Tea Party event. Obviously, not as much as last time. For whatever reason they have not (yet) decided that this historic once in a lifetime achievement and statement from the American People should be discussed by their trust.

But have you forgotten that is why we are doing what we are doing? Have you forgotten that it is the offline media that let us go to war, and indeed to part in the propoganda leading to it? That it is they who remained complacent time and time again throughout our history when acts of corruption occurred? Have we really forgotten that the primary reason for the "money bombs" is to send a message to those we are working to defeat? Or most importantly that we are raising funds to beat them at their own game?

It seems some have. I hope you haven't. Remember - the only endorsement that matters is not from some individual who wears make up or writes books. It is the endorsement from us: The People.

UtahApocalypse
12-17-2007, 06:04 PM
Exactly, Huckabee, Hillary, McCain all made news with their single endorsements from journalist, politicians, and others.

Ron Paul has the endorsements of THOUSANDS of people. Regular joe's, the common man. We the People Endorse Ron Paul

Wingman
12-17-2007, 06:09 PM
pls don't forget we need to go from money raising to GETTING VOTES

getting money is only the first step.

now we have to go out and talk to people and help spread the message (note: dont expect them all to swap, but now at least they will LISTEN)

Erazmus
12-17-2007, 06:10 PM
I guess some people were expecting the media to help with all the hard work the grassroots has done. Alas, the people expect too much of the old media.

I don't watch old media, or read old media. I catch snippets on youtube, but that's about it.

It is up to us to spread the message. Let us not put hope where there is none to be found. We need to continue to do what we have been doing, and putting our hope where it belongs...with the campaign and the message.

literatim
12-17-2007, 06:11 PM
The old-media ignores Ron Paul all the time. For example, the Barry Goldwater Jr. endorsement.

Ronin
12-17-2007, 06:24 PM
I thought the goal was to raise money for the campaign so they could spread the message :confused: Media is just an extra, but we should have known not to expect much.

jd603
12-17-2007, 07:00 PM
Oh, what we did was completely the right thing to do, what was done was historic and they cannot take it away. Ignoring history doesn't change history.

I've been confused. I've noticed a lot of the frustration over the old media's lack of coverage of the Tea Party event. Obviously, not as much as last time. For whatever reason they have not (yet) decided that this historic once in a lifetime achievement and statement from the American People should be discussed by their trust.

But have you forgotten that is why we are doing what we are doing? Have you forgotten that it is the offline media that let us go to war, and indeed to part in the propoganda leading to it? That it is they who remained complacent time and time again throughout our history when acts of corruption occurred? Have we really forgotten that the primary reason for the "money bombs" is to send a message to those we are working to defeat? Or most importantly that we are raising funds to beat them at their own game?

It seems some have. I hope you haven't. Remember - the only endorsement that matters is not from some individual who wears make up or writes books. It is the endorsement from us: The People.