PDA

View Full Version : We have to find a way past the media

max
12-17-2007, 05:31 PM
I don't know what else we can do to break this media blockade,....

We have to do something big in Iowa and NH to FORCE some exposure..

I simply cant believe how they could blackout 6 million in one day and instead talk about Huckstere and McCain

pacelli
12-17-2007, 05:34 PM
Agreed max, at this point the next surge for the grassroots needs to be the votes themselves. We're only days away and we must make an enormous impact.

aspiringconstitutionalist
12-17-2007, 05:35 PM
The sewers.

Dave Pedersen
We the people must take command of television.

Start small, work out the kinks.

Grow.

This is essential not only to the campaign but to the movement going on past 2008. We the people must be televised according to our own standards.

Education concerning our constitution must be treated as an integral part of our national defense in terms of both funding and dedication without end.

JeffersonThomas
Rumor is the big campaign secret was some huge AD buys...this is one way around the media blockade. If there's anything the media loves more than war, neo-cons, and sex it's $$$$.

Paul4Prez
12-17-2007, 10:13 PM
The Internet is already getting us past the media, or this revolution wouldn't be happening.

In Iowa and New Hampshire, the best way is just going door to door, or supporting those who are.

davidt!
12-17-2007, 10:16 PM
Also we can help out with the Iowa NH letter writing campaign.

N13
12-17-2007, 10:16 PM
Win in Iowa, that will get some attention.

Hook
12-17-2007, 10:17 PM
The best way to circumvent the MSM is to build a megawatt-sized traveling wave tube microwave amplifier and simultantiously overpower every transponder on every satellite with Ron Paul 24/7 :D

I think that would probably work.

jasonjasonjason1
12-17-2007, 10:22 PM
The best way to circumvent the MSM is to build a megawatt-sized traveling wave tube microwave amplifier and simultantiously overpower every transponder on every satellite with Ron Paul 24/7 :D

I think that would probably work.

Have we checked ebay? :)

Nihilist23
12-17-2007, 10:24 PM
Rumor is the big campaign secret was some huge AD buys...this is one way around the media blockade. If there's anything the media loves more than war, neo-cons, and sex it's $$$$.

This is the only solution (other than the grassroots activities we already have been doing, which are effective but not effective enough alone).

We gave the campaign $18 million. Now we have to hope they spend it wisely.

theantirobot
12-17-2007, 10:24 PM
Here's what I propose:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=58553

Travis
12-17-2007, 10:25 PM
http://ronpaulrevolution.org

The Ron Paul Revolution is the media; screw MSM, we the people are the media.

I flew out from Phx, AZ to NH with some other bad ass revolution guys and we are taking it by storm. Trust me the people in NH will be sick of Ron Paul when we are done here bc its going to be everywhere!

Youtubes will be here shortly, after we bust our ass some more for the Ron Paul Revolution.

justinc.1089
12-17-2007, 10:32 PM
So far the ideas I have heard for getting media attention are more moneybombs, starting to focus solely on grassroots efforts, and a rally at some television media's hq.

I don't think another moneybomb is going to get like any media coverage after seeing today. The media will only ignore us more everytime we take another big step forward.

Focusing on grassroots efforts is good because that means more people will talk to people about Paul and hopefully gain more votes for him, and things like the blimp will stay funded. But its not going to break down the media censorship either.

A rally at some media's hq would certainly get their attention, and maybe even might get another channel to report about it. But I'm highly doubtful this would make the media acknowledge Paul either, however it would let them know there are people out there that know what they do and that those people are not going to just allow it to go on unnoticed.

So I'm kind of at a loss of what to do. I think a rally is the best choice but its not anything spectacular. Surely out of all of us there is someone that can think of a way to put some fear into the media.

Finn
12-17-2007, 10:35 PM
The campaign should expose the Old Media and its biased ways in some kick-ass ads nationwide.

Hook
12-17-2007, 10:36 PM
Surely out of all of us there is someone that can think of a way to put some fear into the media.

I think my idea above would accomplish that.

PimpBlimp
12-17-2007, 10:39 PM

Although a great idea it also highly illegal.

We don't want to put Ron Paul in a bad light.

justinc.1089
12-17-2007, 10:40 PM

Then get to it, if you need money you know who to ask lol! :rolleyes:

Hook
12-17-2007, 10:43 PM
Although a great idea it also highly illegal.

We don't want to put Ron Paul in a bad light.

Yes, but think of how much light it would be. :D

Hook
12-17-2007, 10:44 PM
Then get to it, if you need money you know who to ask lol! :rolleyes:

I have enough money, just not enough time. :D
Plus I hear the accomodations at Gitmo aren't 5 star.

RevolutionSD
12-17-2007, 10:44 PM
I have a feeling that if he wins Iowa they will downplay it and say the real fight is in NH. If he wins NH they will say yes but these two states don't mean all that much. They will do this all the way until he wins the GOP and then they will say well it's meaningless since the democrats are going to win this year anyway.

F the MSM.

WE are the media!

Proemio
12-17-2007, 10:49 PM
Rumor is the big campaign secret was some huge AD buys...this is one way around the media blockade.

Yes, great approach. It won't breach the blockade, but rather go around it.

If there's anything the media loves more than war, neo-cons, and sex it's $$$$.

That is not the case. Safe for a few local outfits, the media is neo-cons, neo-libs or affiliated. They don't care about money. They and their associates can print gazillions of the stuff as needed, and empoverish us all at the same time.

On the other hand, their whole game plan depends on us to obsess about them and their 'awsome' power that isn't. We wouldn't be anywhere near where we are, if that power were more than another self-promoted, giant deception.

This thing doesn't end with Iowa, no matter the result...

Hook
12-17-2007, 10:54 PM
Have we checked ebay? :)

Well, here is a 20 Watt one for $250.00 http://cgi.ebay.com/HUGHES-TRAVELING-WAVE-TUBE-AMPLIFER_W0QQitemZ300131525729QQihZ020QQcategoryZ1 504QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p 1638.m118

I'll keep looking :p

Proemio
12-17-2007, 11:33 PM
There are several problems with the spectacular, "get the media's attention" approach:

1. It takes too much time to organise, because...
2. that time allows them to plant clappers to inflate expectations beyond all reason, and...
3. allows them to anticipate and prepare co-ordinated responses (independently, of course ;-), meaning...
4. we are largely playing to their strength, rather than ours.

Big stuff is fine, as long as the purpose is also under our control.
Fund-raising spectacular: generates needed money for the campaign and puts the competition on the defensive.
Any media attention is (snobbishly ignored) gravy.

Blimp spectacular: first and foremost an expensive party, just because we can; a motivator, a symbol.
Also, a neat way to do retail politics; spreading the word on the ground with air-cover.

I just never worry about the media. It was never in the cards that Ron Paul would get a "fair and balanced" break, and look where we are; how they agonize about the lost power they never had. It's them in the though spot, not us. Sure, after Huckabee fizzles they will trott out Bloomberg (Lieberman/McCain is just a half-time show).
After Bloomberg, that's about it...

Dr. Paul said it perfectly in his last email:
"To these top-down central planners, a spontaneous order like our movement is science-fiction."
That's the key - they are toast...