PDA

View Full Version : Who will fall next?

Elwar
07-06-2007, 01:08 PM
Ok, so Ron Paul's knocked McCain out of the top tier. Who will be the next to go? I don't think Romney will have enough money in his own pocket to keep loaning himself money.

yongrel
07-06-2007, 01:11 PM
Well, I say that Gilmore and Tancredo are out next. But I expect Romney to be the next "Tier 1" candidate to fall.

BillyBeer
07-06-2007, 01:11 PM
Mitts getting alot of Mormon money. The LDSers will keep him in the race.

damijin
07-06-2007, 01:13 PM
I think Mitt already *got* all the Mormon money, which is why he had to dig so deep into his own cash reserves in Q2. His donations fell sharply from Q1 to Q2 if you don't count the loan that he took from himself.

njandrewg
07-06-2007, 01:14 PM
i think next Quarter Romney will be financing his own campaign. And Judy will start on a downslope

damijin
07-06-2007, 01:21 PM
I think when and how Thompson enters will change Q3 up quite a bit.

Duckman
07-06-2007, 01:25 PM

Where is he? I thought he was supposed to declare on July 4.

Instead, we get big news stories about how he tipped off Nixon during the Watergate scandals. ;)

I think this is a good day for RP!

damijin
07-06-2007, 01:27 PM
Where is he? I thought he was supposed to declare on July 4.

Instead, we get big news stories about how he tipped off Nixon during the Watergate scandals. ;)

I think this is a good day for RP!

No doubt, but I'm sure that any media coverage of RP's numbers will be more in relation to McCain's tanking than to RP's success, and they rightfully should based on previous coverage. Hopefully though, that coverage will lead into more general Ron Paul coverage.

Silverback
07-06-2007, 01:48 PM
Romney will be the next to fall, but I think he'll stay in, running fourth.

Going to be Thompson, Giuliani and Paul fighting it out in the early primaries, the only real danger is if Giuliani drops out, I think if that happens his support goes to Thompson and things get a lot harder for us.

cujothekitten
07-06-2007, 01:55 PM
Mitt
Here are my thoughts about him

Hi Mitt,
I just heard you strapped your dog to the roof of your car on a family trip. I was thinking, when your campaign is over you should take another family trip to Wallyworld to make the Clark Griswold comparison complete.

Thanks,
Jen

P.s. You’re weird.

JaylieWoW
07-06-2007, 02:05 PM
My mother is mormon. She's definitely not fawning all over Romney. Although, her contention is she would like to see someone who shares the "priesthood" in office.

I don't think Romney necessarily has the mormon vote tied up. Additionally mom & I got into a discussion about the ERA (thank you so much Schlafly!). She said it was the only time she's ever seen the church really go public with opposing something. She says the church never really "promotes" a candidate.

Actually, now that I think about it, I think she's right. Something I remember back when I was young and an active member of the church is their insistence upon personal choice and personal responsibility. Which, is one of the reasons I would think many mormons may prefer Paul over Romney. I think it is one of the reasons the mormon church as a whole does not endorse a specific candidate.

I suspect his comments about Gitmo didn't win him many fans in the mormon church. I know it didn't sit very well with mom.

paulitics
07-06-2007, 02:22 PM
It will be a four way race between Giuliani, Thompson, Romney and Paul. I hate to say it bust none of those in the top tier will fall. But, in a way that good come primaries, we want 3 other carbon copies in the race. We still have a long way yet to go in the polling though to really legitamatly be first tier.

Gee
07-06-2007, 08:17 PM
Well, I say that Gilmore and Tancredo are out next. But I expect Romney to be the next "Tier 1" candidate to fall.
Brownback was the #4 guy in Q1 fund raising, and he only raised 1.5 mil this quarter, down from 1.8 mil in Q1. His cash on hand is certainly less than 2.4 mil.

Huckabee came off well in the debates, and said he raised more in Q2 than Q1, but that still probably won't put him anywhere near Paul. So, RP should be number #3 in registered candidates.

What did Fred Thompson raise so far? Does anyone know?

Nathan Hale
07-06-2007, 08:18 PM
Tommy Thompson has hinted that he's out unless he wins at Ames. So, basically...he's out.

Also, Gilmore has put his campaign on hold while he recovers from some health problem. It might just be a graceful way to bow out.

SeanEdwards
07-06-2007, 08:26 PM
I heard that Giuliani loaned his own campaign $6 million. I wonder how long he can keep that up.

Bradley in DC
07-06-2007, 08:36 PM
Ok, so Ron Paul's knocked McCain out of the top tier. Who will be the next to go? I don't think Romney will have enough money in his own pocket to keep loaning himself money.

Romney was a very successful businessman and has very deep pockets. I think he'll make a fine cabinet official for Dr. Paul. Dr. Paul can set the agenda, and Romney can implement it well (he has no real direction of his own).

Bradley in DC
07-06-2007, 08:42 PM
I heard that Giuliani loaned his own campaign $6 million. I wonder how long he can keep that up.

That was Romney. Rudy did transfer over $2 million from a senate campaign fund.

austin356
07-06-2007, 08:42 PM
Giuliani is the next to start falling. Americans do not stand for his authoritarian ideals. Once people see is non-conservatism runs much deeper than abortion, then he will start a slow and steady fall in the polls, and subsequent financial support.

Bradley in DC
07-06-2007, 08:47 PM
Brownback was the #4 guy in Q1 fund raising, and he only raised 1.5 mil this quarter, down from 1.8 mil in Q1. His cash on hand is certainly less than 2.4 mil.

Huckabee came off well in the debates, and said he raised more in Q2 than Q1, but that still probably won't put him anywhere near Paul. So, RP should be number #3 in registered candidates.

What did Fred Thompson raise so far? Does anyone know?

Gee, where did you see the coment about Huckabee and fundraising this past quarter? I hadn't seen that. Or for that matter, anything for fundraising the second quarter for Tancredo, Hunter or Gilmore. Thanks.

Also, Tancredo has been explicit, but oblique, that he's running for re-election to Congress.

MozoVote
07-06-2007, 08:47 PM
The longer I look at this race, the less invincible I think Guiliani and Romney are. A lot of these guys could make decent governors, but they are not presidential material.

JTCoyoté
07-06-2007, 08:59 PM

Well this is all well and good... but Thompson's Immigration record will do him in... Check these out.

Here is fellow Tennessean Algore's record... http://grades.betterimmigration.com/testgrades.php3?District=TN&VIPID=744&retired=1

Here is the same for Thompson... http://grades.betterimmigration.com/testgrades.php3?District=TN&VIPID=743&retired=1

Here is a more detailed view of Thompson... http://profiles.numbersusa.com/improfile.php3?DistSend=TN&VIPID=743

JTCoyoté

"Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos." -- Chief Justice John Marshall

MozoVote
07-06-2007, 09:17 PM
Fred Thompson is finding the vetting phase to be getting hotter every week. He will not run.

We're not hearing any more talk about Bloomberg lately, are we? Fred will be off the headlines by end of July.

angrydragon
07-06-2007, 09:21 PM
I thought Fred was suppose to announce something. Did he get lazy?

It'll be awesome if he just said FU to Bush and company.

Gee
07-07-2007, 06:08 AM
Gee, where did you see the coment about Huckabee and fundraising this past quarter? I hadn't seen that. Or for that matter, anything for fundraising the second quarter for Tancredo, Hunter or Gilmore. Thanks.
http://race42008.com/2007/06/29/more-q2-fund-raising-information/

Huckabee’s campaign said that they have raised more than the $540,000 they raised in Q1, but wouldn’t indicate how much more.