PDA

View Full Version : The other candidates stealing Ron's ideas?

christagious
12-17-2007, 05:05 PM
Has anybody else noticed the other GOP candidates stealing Ron Paul's ideas? I've noticed more and more during the debates that some of the candidates when asked about abortion and other things that they give the Ron Paul answer "I'd leave it to the states". I've also noticed more often that they are talking about downsizing the IRS.

Have the other candidates always spoke like this or are they trying to get some more supporters by implementing Ron Paul's ideas?

Adamsa
12-17-2007, 05:07 PM
No, it's been just lately they've started talking about the constitution, mainly Romney and Tancredo with a dash of Huck.

TwiLeXia
12-17-2007, 05:09 PM
it's a cruel reminder that ron paul is still outcasted, while his ideas are stolen and misused. ron paul is the only one who has a consistent voting record, all the way.

ronpaulitician
12-17-2007, 05:09 PM
Huck brought up Homeland Security as a failing department.

kalami
12-17-2007, 05:13 PM
I think Romney copied Paul's stance on Abortion. Just going off what I can remember from him this year (it's hard to keep track of all his stance on just one issue), he said Roe vs Wade wasn't right but wouldn't overturn it. Now it's he would overturn Roe vs Wade and let the states decide.

On another note, does anyone else find it ridiculous when pundits say that other candidates should adopt parts of Ron Paul's message so they can be more appealing? Because the current crop of candidates are only saying stuff they think will get them elected, only they're not saying the right stuff.

Adamsa
12-17-2007, 05:14 PM
Huck brought up Homeland Security as a failing department.

Yet he said he'd remove the IRS in response to a question about wasteful spending. :confused:

bluemarkets
12-17-2007, 05:16 PM
yes its pathetic ....

they have their consultants telling them to say "constitution this", or "states rights" that

Ron Paul has been solid and consistent for decades

CountryboyRonPaul
12-17-2007, 05:22 PM
Well, I hate to say this, but if the American voters have become to camplacent to look at each candidates record for themselves, then they deserve to be misled.

As a wise man once said, "Fool me once, shame on... shame on you...... Ya fool me ya can't get fooled again!"

RobertJ
12-17-2007, 05:23 PM
We all know who the liars are and who the real candidate is. Everyone but RP seems to say anything that they think will increase their poll numbers, even when they know that we know that they are lying through their teeth when they say it. This is exactly whats wrong with our country. The American people need to wake up and see things for what they are and not what the media tells them it is.

SeanEdwards
12-17-2007, 05:41 PM
It's not just the GOP candidates, the dems are doing it too. I heard the lead-in to an NPR interview with Dodd, and they actually said they were going to talk about restoring the Constitution. :rolleyes:

And I remember seeing Richardson crying about the federal reserve during one debate. That guy probably never even heard of the fed until he saw Paul trashing it.

They're so shameless.

snaFU
12-17-2007, 05:48 PM
yes its pathetic ....

they have their consultants telling them to say "constitution this", or "states rights" that

Ron Paul has been solid and consistent for decades

its insulting

mosquitobite
12-17-2007, 05:52 PM
http://www.nolanchart.com/article561.html

This is a measurable defeat for Ron Paul's opponents. They locked themselves inside all day away from the press. Now they will badger their staffs about the internets and try to invigorate their bases by kicking them. They will regret every flip-flop, every public equivocation, and every soul-selling vote- If for no other reason, then because they envy Paul's spending power. (Except Romney who donates to himself).

No doubt, they will all misunderstand this victory as well. They will surely strategize to harness the grass roots. They will search for ways to reconcile a new platform of honesty and public empowerment with their own political ambitions, but they will miss the crucial point: you cannot pick this new demographic, it picks you.

MadOdorMachine
12-17-2007, 06:08 PM
Has anybody else noticed the other GOP candidates stealing Ron Paul's ideas? I've noticed more and more during the debates that some of the candidates when asked about abortion and other things that they give the Ron Paul answer "I'd leave it to the states". I've also noticed more often that they are talking about downsizing the IRS.

Have the other candidates always spoke like this or are they trying to get some more supporters by implementing Ron Paul's ideas?

Yes, although technically they aren't stealing them because most of them don't plan on implementing what Ron Paul is. They are simply saying things that sound very similar to Ron Paul, like "I want to eliminate the IRS." The strategy behind this is to take individualism away from Ron Paul. What he says doesn't have as big of an impact when the others are saying it as well. The result is that Ron Paul doesn't stand out as much. This means that for new comers, Ron Paul will be minimalized.

On the other hand, it does show that he is a leader, and the other contenders see him as a threat. You better believe that Republicans will back him very quickly if he gets the nomination. Otherwise, they stand to lose thier jobs.

ronpaulitician
12-17-2007, 06:23 PM
Yet he said he'd remove the IRS in response to a question about wasteful spending. :confused:
Of course, he failed to mention that he wouldn't just remove the IRS but replace it with a new government bureaucracy (to handle the tons of paperwork that I'm sure will result from the implementation of the fair tax).

scubasteve01
12-17-2007, 06:56 PM
Obama stole the quote and I guess used it in one of his speeches of...

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they attack you, then you win.

Doriath
12-17-2007, 08:07 PM
It's been going on for months and months. First instance I can recall was Fred, back when he was still in "shadow candidate" mode, talking to some reporter and harping on "restoring the Constitution." Then Mitt started talking about sending abortion back to the states, and Huck started going off on the IRS, etc.

It's all just talking points to them, rhetorical nods to the small gov/libertarian types in the GOP. Same kind of scam the GOP has played on social conservatives for decades: spend the primaries kissing up to them, then ignore them after they get their votes. Anyone who votes for Fred or Mitt or Huck because they'll "restore the Constitution" deserves whatever they get. Which will be nada.