PDA

View Full Version : South Carolinians, contact Gov. Mark Sanford and ask him to endorse Ron Paul

literatim
12-17-2007, 05:02 PM
Seriously, such an endorsement would be huge.

http://www.scgovernor.com/Contact.asp?sitecontentid=33

rich34
12-17-2007, 05:09 PM
All HELL would break loose if that happened. The elite would go crazy because that would be HUGE.

Dave Wood
12-17-2007, 05:17 PM
Blump...this is serious! THAT would be the endorsement!

literatim
12-17-2007, 09:32 PM
Bump.

bbachtung
12-17-2007, 09:34 PM
I have been predicting that a Sanford endorsement would come just after either Iowa or New Hampshire (and just before South Carolina); I think that they have something worked out -- he would make an excellent VP.

justinc.1089
12-17-2007, 09:35 PM
I will send out an email to my meetup about this right away, and ask the organizer to send it to other SC meetups.

TheIndependent
12-17-2007, 09:36 PM
Launch the email clients and pen & paper, folks! We've got a job to do!

I know a certain OTHER candidate's supporters trying to do the same right this instant.

RSLudlum
12-17-2007, 09:37 PM
I already have 3 times, but no reply. I shall try again.

Ibtz
12-17-2007, 09:40 PM
I filled it out and submitted.

RSLudlum
12-17-2007, 09:56 PM
I first contacted the govenor's office after seeing Sanford on Tucker after the SC debate.

i found the YouTube here: http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=NKOCsBpcZfw

Bladestunner316
12-17-2007, 09:58 PM
I've honestly never heard of the guy before. Can some one kindly explain to me why his endorsment is a big thing?

But I'll take any endorsment we can get!!

Ibtz
12-17-2007, 10:04 PM
From his Wikipedia entry:

While in Congress, Sanford was a staunch conservative (he garnered a lifetime rating of 92 from the American Conservative Union), but displayed an occasional independent streak. He often would be one of two members of Congress, along with Ron Paul, voting against bills that otherwise got unanimous support.

RSLudlum
12-17-2007, 10:11 PM
yeah, i remember a couple of years ago when he actually brought some pigs into our State house here to denounce their pork laden bills.

RSLudlum
12-17-2007, 10:40 PM
bump

MikeStanart
12-17-2007, 10:52 PM
yeah, i remember a couple of years ago when he actually brought some pigs into our State house here to denounce their pork laden bills.

HAHAHAHAH that's freaking hilarious!

If only we had more politicians pulling stunts like that!!! hah!

literatim
12-18-2007, 01:31 AM
Bump

literatim
12-18-2007, 08:05 PM
Bump

RSLudlum
12-18-2007, 08:50 PM
^^

literatim
12-18-2007, 11:29 PM
Bump.

HazardPerry
12-19-2007, 12:46 AM
I agree this endorsement would put us over the top in SC, not to mention nationally!

Mark Sanford, by all accounts, is a solid man and well-liked. I've heard that Mittens has been sniffing around for his endorsement but so far he's held off on any sort of comments. I would think that Ron would be the logical choice if he were to make an endorsement at all, and the fact that this is his last term as Governor, a limit I hear he imposed on himself (I like him already), all the talk about him as a possible VP isn't SO unfounded. Of course that would really seal the deal for this campaign, oh man. Paul/Sanford '08 would really kick some ass.

I agree that whatever he does he is probably going to wait until Iowa and maybe even NH to see if Paul is viable, before sticking his neck out in front of everyone. He has a really bright future in politics and I doubt he wants to get on the party's bad side at this stage, when he may be wrapping up his state career and shooting for something federal. Of course, he's said that this last election would be his last, but I don't think he'd turn down a shot at veep+endorsement if Paul reached out after a good haul in the early states.

Everybody in SC, rabblerabblerabble, let him know that we're all dreamy-eyed over him, I want this man! :D

slantedview
12-19-2007, 12:54 AM
wow, i would LOVE this nod.

sanford, if you're listening, do what your heart tells you is right :)

Lord Xar
12-19-2007, 12:54 AM
You wanna bet it gets just blimp on the screen.. compared to Libeirmans of McCooks.... friggin 2 days... I hope he endorses Ron Paul.. wow, that would be great.

Austin
12-19-2007, 12:57 AM
I have a feeling the campaign already has something planned.

me3
12-19-2007, 01:00 AM
The promising thing, is that Sanford has not endorsed any other candidates yet. You know he is probably being wooed heavily by the other front runners.

Yes, I wrote OTHER front runners. :)

dt_
12-19-2007, 01:03 AM
This is very important

HazardPerry
12-19-2007, 01:04 AM
I have a feeling the campaign already has something planned.

I love daydreaming about the campaign having something planned. It happens so rarely, but RP has walked this road often and has some smarties on staff. I have to hope that they have a few cards yet to be played. If Sanford is one of them, I'll eat my shoe, but I'll tell you what - I'd savor every bite. :p

Larofeticus
12-19-2007, 01:09 AM
Anyone who has ever heard Mark Sanford give a speech and the sorts of points he chooses to emphasize when he does so, knows that in the man's heart of hearts he's completely for Ron Paul. There's alot of "Liberty makes our country great, but only if we are vigilant enough to protect it" sort of stuff.

However, the way things stand now, it's politically impossible for Mark to support Ron. He also seems quite certain that he wants to serve out his term of govenor here. (I assume after his self imposed term limit he'll go for the presidency in 2012, and that would be an excellent moment for the ron paul revolution to return)

There is a number he has in his head. If South Carolina polls off Ron Paul's support go above that number, than he'll go out on the limb to endorse. I have no idea what that number is, but it must exist, and we need to pass that threshold.

I also have no idea what his foreign policy stance is. Luckily, as a govenor he doesn't have to worry about foreign policy, but not hearing him trump up wasteful wars is at least slightly reassuring.

literatim
12-19-2007, 01:10 AM
I think it always advantageous for us if we try to influence from outside of it. You know, the campaign could ask the governor to endorse him, but the final push could be from his constituents pushing him to do it.

JaredR26
12-19-2007, 01:13 AM
The campaign probably won't ask. We need to.

hard@work
12-19-2007, 01:21 AM
However, the way things stand now, it's politically impossible for Mark to support Ron. He also seems quite certain that he wants to serve out his term of govenor here. (I assume after his self imposed term limit he'll go for the presidency in 2012, and that would be an excellent moment for the ron paul revolution to return)

Not without that endorsement. Integrity is a central theme and this growing group will remember this time around. Come 2012 or any other date of election I'm pretty sure we'll be very interested in track records.

Alex Libman
12-19-2007, 01:21 AM
I've heard him mentioned as a possible Romney VP. He's a mainstream politician, so the odds that he'll go out on on a limb for Paul are slim. Definitely worth a try though! Definitely a better use of one's time than just talking about it on the forums!

Everyone should contact their governors, senators, congressmen, etc. A letter-wring campaign to people like Ross Perot and Jesse Ventura might be helpful too!

RP-Republican
12-19-2007, 01:39 AM
sent

Dear Governor Mark Sanford,

I am contacting you to request that you consider endorsing Congressman Ron Paul for President. We need a small government fiscal conservative now more than ever. The dollar is at a 30 year low and we are 9 trillion dollars in debt. I truly believe Congressman Paul is the only candidate that can get our country back on track.

Thank you

Nash
12-19-2007, 01:53 AM
Anyone who has ever heard Mark Sanford give a speech and the sorts of points he chooses to emphasize when he does so, knows that in the man's heart of hearts he's completely for Ron Paul. There's alot of "Liberty makes our country great, but only if we are vigilant enough to protect it" sort of stuff.

There is a number he has in his head. If South Carolina polls off Ron Paul's support go above that number, than he'll go out on the limb to endorse. I have no idea what that number is, but it must exist, and we need to pass that threshold.

I also have no idea what his foreign policy stance is. Luckily, as a govenor he doesn't have to worry about foreign policy, but not hearing him trump up wasteful wars is at least slightly reassuring.

He voted against Kosovo but yeah that doesn't really mean anything cuz a lot of the warmongers did just because it was a dem president that wanted it.

And you're right he won't endorse Paul, at least not until after Iowa and New Hampshire and only as you said if he's polling well in SC.

I can't blame him either. To endorse Paul now is an unknown and he could literally be throwing away his entire career by "putting all his eggs in one basket". There is no reason for an endorsement at this time. There may be in a month.

literatim
12-19-2007, 01:55 AM
You don't know if he will or will not endorse Ron Paul. He has said that he will not be running again as governor. He has nothing to lose by endorsing Ron Paul.

I've heard him mentioned as a possible Romney VP. He's a mainstream politician, so the odds that he'll go out on on a limb for Paul are slim. Definitely worth a try though! Definitely a better use of one's time than just talking about it on the forums!

Everyone should contact their governors, senators, congressmen, etc. A letter-wring campaign to people like Ross Perot and Jesse Ventura might be helpful too!

The VP is meant to cement the President in his Presidency not to motivate the elite to try and remove the President as it did with JFK.

Ronin
12-19-2007, 02:04 AM
If RP has a good showing in Iowa and NH and carries some momentum I think Samford will be more likely to endorse. Like literatim says, he is not going to run again for governor. Right now it would be political suicide if he has future ambitions. Then again, he did pull the pig stunt so who knows with this guy.

RP=RonPaul=RedPill
12-19-2007, 02:04 AM
After a strong finish in Iowa, a win in New Hampshire, an endorsement from Sanford would swing the election into Paul's favor.

juddpuds
12-19-2007, 02:11 AM
Perhaps it would be useful to mention in a letter to him (from a South Carolinian) that the Ron Paul grassroots supporters would love to see him run in 2012....the opportunity for him to become a part of our movement now might be appealing, and from our perspective it would be nice to have someone for the movement to coalesce around in RP should happen to lose the primary.

Dave Pedersen
12-19-2007, 02:12 AM
Just offer him a ride on tha blimp. Once he's 10,000 feet in the air tell him the only way he gets down is if he coughs up an endorsement.

LandonCook
12-19-2007, 02:18 AM
Bump! Please email this guy, I just did...

Ron Paul Fan
12-19-2007, 02:31 AM
If Mark Sanford has any shred of integrity left in his heart, he MUST endorse Ron Paul! We'll see how things turn out in Wyoming, Iowa, and New Hampshire. I have a feeling Paul will do well in all three states and Sanford will endorse his Congress voting buddy when the time is right. If he doesn't and endorses a neo-con instead, then I will lose all respect for the man.

LandonCook
12-19-2007, 02:43 AM
What I just sent:

Dear Governor Mark Sanford,

It has come to my attention that you are a strong advocate of limited government and have even been called libertarian at times. I congratulate you on the fine work you’ve been doing in South Carolina. As a libertarian myself, I hold my beliefs in liberty above all else, and know many of my fellow patriots feel the same way. If you too feel as strongly as I feel, I implore you to stand up for your beliefs at the national level and endorse a man labeled “The Champion of the Constitution”. I am in fact talking about the ten term Congressman from Texas, Ron Paul. The days of playing politics has to come to an end. Our country is in peril, and this is certainly not the hour to be standing idly by while our country succumbs to tyranny. Governor, I beg you… stand up for the beliefs of which you have so strongly spoken and which you so strongly believe. Endorse this man, and join us in our cause for freedom.

Sincerely,
Corey Landon Walsh

LandonCook
12-19-2007, 03:58 AM
If Mark Sanford has any shred of integrity left in his heart, he MUST endorse Ron Paul! We'll see how things turn out in Wyoming, Iowa, and New Hampshire. I have a feeling Paul will do well in all three states and Sanford will endorse his Congress voting buddy when the time is right. If he doesn't and endorses a neo-con instead, then I will lose all respect for the man.

he needs to before though...

LandonCook
12-19-2007, 01:45 PM
Why does every thead I post to seem to die?

StateofTrance
12-19-2007, 01:51 PM
There were many times when Mark and Ron voted against certain bills ALONE. Mark should act truthfully and endorse Ron.

Ron Paul Fan
12-19-2007, 02:20 PM
he needs to before though...

I hope that he will! But he might wait and see if Ron Paul does any damage in the early states! I agree that his endorsement will be HUGE! Just imagine if Ron Paul WINS New Hampshire and then Sanford comes out and says, "I believe that it is extremely urgent that we put a stop the runaway spending in Congress. It is high time that the power in the America be taken away from the big spenders and elities in Washington and returned to the people. It is for this reason that I endorse Congressman Ron Paul for President of the United States." This endorsement propels Ron Paul to the victory in South Carolina and the nomination! Sanford then joins Paul on the Republican ticket and they defeat Clinton/Richardson in the general election!

LandonCook
12-19-2007, 02:21 PM
I hope that he will! But he might wait and see if Ron Paul does any damage in the early states! I agree that his endorsement will be HUGE! Just imagine if Ron Paul WINS New Hampshire and then Sanford comes out and says, "I believe that it is extremely urgent that we put a stop the runaway spending in Congress. It is high time that the power in the America be taken away from the big spenders and elities in Washington and returned to the people. It is for this reason that I endorse Congressman Ron Paul for President of the United States." This endorsement propels Ron Paul to the victory in South Carolina and the nomination! Sanford then joins Paul on the Republican ticket and they defeat Clinton/Richardson in the general election!

ROFL!

cero
12-19-2007, 02:34 PM

QFT

Mani
12-19-2007, 02:58 PM
I remember talking to Jessie Benton and asked who'd they like for VP, and Jessie said RP's staff really likes Mark Sanford and would love him as a VP. He said that's not from RP, but from his campaign staff.

wfd40
12-19-2007, 02:59 PM
what's so awesome about this sanford fellow??

I don't know much, if anything, about him.

LandonCook
12-20-2007, 12:13 PM
Famous libertarian govenor