PDA

View Full Version : Cheney vs Hillary: Who is worse??

questioner
07-06-2007, 01:01 PM
In a perfect world, Ron Paul and Mike Gravel get enough name recognition and enough money in enough time to be R vs D candidates for 2008.

What of a nightmare scenario: Cheney vs Hillary: who is worse?

Ponce got a lot of flak for going off on Zionism etc but he did start a thread saying dislodging Cheney may be harder than we think.

Hillary has big money behind her, including Warren Buffet's endorsement. Cheney can get Rove to put together the usual coalition. Sorry to dampen enthusiasm, just thinking aloud. Has Cheney said he will not run?

Who is worse, Cheney or Hillary?

Sir VotesALot
07-06-2007, 01:07 PM
This is why we have the write-in ballot. :eek:

Broadlighter
07-06-2007, 02:00 PM
The only way Cheney could become President is by a coup.

Dary
07-06-2007, 02:57 PM
Who is worse, Cheney or Hillary?

Before I answer that, have you ever seen them in the same room together?

Ponce
07-06-2007, 06:02 PM
Let me put it this way, we already know what Cheney has done but not Hillary, if I have to choose (only) between this two I would go with Hillary.

You say that Cheney will take power by a coup??? hummmmmm not really, to me it will be when Bush either quits or has an "accident", America will not stand for a coup but will not know what to do by going the other route.

LibertyEagle
07-06-2007, 08:03 PM
Well, it's not between Hillary and Cheney and never will be. We act like we're some kind of slaves to the 2 party system or something. If something occurred and these were our choices on the R and D tickets, well then, we can write-in Ron Paul (or someone else) or vote for the candidate in one of the other parties.

We certainly don't need to lay down and accept what we are dished out.

questioner
07-06-2007, 08:06 PM

Why? Cheney's got plenty of time to announce. He just waits for Rudy McRomney to burn out a bit and then Rove gets into the act. His health is the only thing that could stop him.

Cheney vs Hillary is the nightmare scenario. I dunno who's worse.

Nazism v Communism, Hitler v Stalin, who's worse?

German liberatarians got smashed up in the middle during Wehrmacht as the fascists and communists fought it out. Libertarians don't understand power politics.

LibertyEagle
07-06-2007, 08:15 PM
This is a stupid conversation, IMO. We want neither Nazism or Communism.

Lois
07-06-2007, 08:18 PM
I could lived with Hillary if I had to because she would try to carry on normally, like everything is just fine, so no one will notice, but Ghoulliani scares me more than anybody. He seems like he'd just unleash hell on the US in the name of 'security'. He would turn everything upside down.

(I know you said Hillary vs. Cheney, but I can't see that ever happening. Anyway, Cheney's worse, because he's a man -- any woman has got some kind of nurturing emotions somewhere)

Lois

questioner
07-06-2007, 08:54 PM
We want neither Nazism or Communism.

What people want and what they in fact get are two different things. Ron Paul alone stands against both but the task may be too big.

questioner
07-06-2007, 08:57 PM
ICheney's worse, because he's a man -- any woman has got some kind of nurturing emotions somewhere)Lois

Cheney might be worse because he is Cheney, not because he is a man. There must be MILLIONS of men with more nurturing emotions than Hillary.

PHenry
07-06-2007, 09:19 PM

Don't rule that out. I wouldn"t put it past him!