PDA

View Full Version : New "Return to Roots" Money Bomb (Jan 7)

Matt Collins
12-17-2007, 04:28 PM
In honor of the very first presidential election in our Republic, the next money bomb will be on January 7th.

This will mark the anniversary of 1789 where George Washington was elected President of the United States.

In addition to giving money we will be giving our fellow Americans a history lesson too!

January 7th -

Return to Roots Money Bomb
to commemorate the very first Presidential election of our Republic.

Dan D.
12-17-2007, 04:28 PM
Link?

Matt Collins
12-17-2007, 04:32 PM
Link?

I just e-mailed Trevor Lyman about this. Details to follow.

FireofLiberty
12-17-2007, 04:35 PM
No more money bombs. Donate what you can when you have it.

LibertyEagle
12-17-2007, 04:45 PM
That's too soon. People will still be recovering their finances from Christmas and it gives us little time to promote it. It's better to wait and have one that will be successful.

Matt Collins
12-17-2007, 04:46 PM
No more money bombs. Why do you say that?

celticsman7
12-17-2007, 04:47 PM
I think we should focus more on grassroots events. The Blimp, Times Square, our own TV ads, our own infomercial, our own radio and newspaper ads. I think since we're in the home stretch, we have to focus on actually convincing voters with canvassing, flyers and such.

Oliver
12-17-2007, 04:50 PM
Newspapers, Newspapers, Newspapers, Newspapers.
...If you want to get the name out.

Same goes to any fund-raísing:
Advertise, Advertise, Advertise, Advertise, Advertise.

RP 08
I think we need some time off from money bombs as well. Give us time to recover financially. Also, if we have a money bomb that is not as successful as the previous, it could appear to be a sign of weakness in our campaign, and the press might run with it.

rajibo
The next money bomb should be the day Ron Paul accepts the Republican nomination.

PRIEST
12-17-2007, 04:55 PM
An 8 mil money bomb wouldn't even make news at this point. I agree that it is time to work the grassroots efforts and let HQ spend the big cash.

Wyurm
12-17-2007, 04:58 PM
I'm sorry, but as we have already seen, money bombs require a few details to actually be successful. 1) the donors must have money, 2) the donors must be able to get behind the theme

You also should wait till after the end of the quarter to plan any more money bombs. We should really focus of breaching 20 mil by Dec. 31.

Ronin
12-17-2007, 05:00 PM
The next money bomb should be the day Ron Paul accepts the Republican nomination.
+1

I suggest a poll. There's been a few running around the forums already.

rwl4
12-17-2007, 05:00 PM
Money bombs are great. I intended originally to give $250 to the campaign. Thanks to the hype of the money bombs, I'm now up to $700, will probably donate again if there is another major money bomb!

Drknows
12-17-2007, 05:01 PM
Personally i think we need something bigger than just these fund raisers. The media barely covered ron pauls 6 mil yesterday.

We need to change course.

Drknows
12-17-2007, 05:06 PM
Also i think our roots are hanging signs on over passes.

Exarel
12-17-2007, 05:11 PM
I think we should focus more on grassroots events. The Blimp, Times Square, our own TV ads, our own infomercial, our own radio and newspaper ads. I think since we're in the home stretch, we have to focus on actually convincing voters with canvassing, flyers and such.

Yea. No more money bombs. Please. Focus on spreading the word. More "bombs" aren't useful. Donate if you can, Spread the word.

FireofLiberty
12-17-2007, 05:28 PM
Why do you say that?

Because it's overkill. The more we do the less impact they have. People are burnt out from all of the money bombs. Just let them donate what they can when they can. We need to focus our resources on other things. Things like getting out the vote. Plus, whenever there's a money bomb there's always a risk it could flop and result in negative press. I don't think we'll be able to top yesterday, at least not until the general election, so why try? We've raised the bar very high and anything which falls short of it will not get significant press and if it does the headline will be something like "Ron Paul's Newest Big Fundraising Day Falls Flat" or "Does Ron Paul's Disappointing New 'Money Bomb' Mean His Campaign is Over?"

Finally, whenever we plan these big fundraising days we take away from funds that the campaign could be getting BEFORE the day due to people saving up to donate on the day we've planned so they can be part of it. When we do this, we cause the campaign to not be able to do things like make ad buys when they determine is best and manage the campaign in the best way possible. This could have serious consequences once the primaries start after January 1st, when they'll need a constant, steady stream of donations to keep up as one primary happens after another. What you propose, a January 7th 'money bomb,' risks disturbing that.

Matt Collins
12-17-2007, 07:12 PM
How about a sign bomb then?

literatim
12-17-2007, 07:23 PM
You people that oppose this do realize that the campaign has over six months of primaries to fund?

FireofLiberty
12-17-2007, 07:37 PM
You people that oppose this do realize that the campaign has over six months of primaries to fund?

Why do we need another 'money bomb' to raise money? Why can't people just donate what they can when they have it?

literatim
12-17-2007, 07:38 PM
Why do we need another 'money bomb' to raise money? Why can't people just donate what they can when they have it?

Because money bombs motivate people to donate. We wouldn't be where we are at today without money bombs.

Naraku
12-17-2007, 08:43 PM
Yep, money bombs are also a nice way of pooling cash when it's needed and get preparation for that pooling. November 5th got lots of money for the early primaries and December 16th got a lot for Super Tuesday. A little more on top would be nice to get some $10 million overall for those primaries.

Paul's going to have to win a large amount of states to stand a good chance of winning the nomination. That takes money.

However, I thought Trevor already got on board with an MLKJ money bomb, so I don't know. I put up a thread for these ideas a while back:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=40661

Jwaksman
12-17-2007, 08:47 PM
NOBODY should save a penny that they can donate before the end of the 4th quarter. Everybody needs to donate whatever they can on that day. You don't want anybody saving money for a moneybomb that happens after 12/31.

So a January 7th money bomb would:

A) Be 7 days after everybody maxed out
B) Have only 6 days to be put together
C) Would be the day before NH votes, so nobody is going to care about it in the news on the following day
D) Will occur after 12/31, which means that it is past the stage that any pundit will care how much money we've raised.... Nobody will ever care what any candidate raised for the primaries after the New Year - the 4th quarter totals are the last that the media covers.

yoshimaroka
12-17-2007, 08:52 PM
how bout simply setting aside $25 every week and getting 30,000 people to do so?

I was listening to Adam Curry's podshow today and he said:
- HQ is spent as much money as they could
- They need a steady flow of money -- about 1 mil/week

this is the answer:

http://www.ronpaulmoneybomb.com/

By joining, you will be pledging a suggested $42 dollars a week to the Ron Paul campaign. It may involve a sacrifice: not going out to eat as much, cutting down on your smoking or drinking (not a bad idea anyway). A small price to pay to get our country back. Our goal is to enlist 1500 hardcore supporters. With that, we can provide $63,000 each and every week to the Ron Paul campaign - over $250,000 every month. Let's be relentless, keep fighting between the bombs!

brumans
12-17-2007, 08:53 PM
No more money bombs.

Matt Collins
12-17-2007, 10:00 PM
So a January 7th money bomb would:

A) Be 7 days after everybody maxed out
B) Have only 6 days to be put together
C) Would be the day before NH votes, so nobody is going to care about it in the news on the following day
D) Will occur after 12/31, which means that it is past the stage that any pundit will care how much money we've raised.... Nobody will ever care what any candidate raised for the primaries after the New Year - the 4th quarter totals are the last that the media covers.

You do make some very valid points.

What about instead of Jan 7th money bomb it should be a sign bomb?

FireofLiberty
12-17-2007, 10:03 PM
Because money bombs motivate people to donate. We wouldn't be where we are at today without money bombs.

You can motivate people to donate without money bombs. Know what else motivates people to donate? The campaign. Everytime Ron sends out an e-mail donations skyrocket. If the campaign needs donation motivation, they can send out an e-mail, and without people saving up for money bombs they'll get a lot more donations when he does.

Matt Collins
12-19-2007, 12:26 PM
Interesting perspectives

Matt Collins
01-05-2008, 09:13 PM
Bump as a reminder