PDA

View Full Version : Letter Bomb (Boycot)

Sergeant Brother
12-17-2007, 04:14 PM
As everybody has notices, despite being a huge success - a world record day of fundraising for Ron Paul, there is a media blackout.

This blackout is not incompitance. It is not ignorance. It isn't failing to realize the importance of the internet. This is conspiracy. It is an organized attack on the American people by the powers that control our media. This is war, and information can be as much a weapon of war as bombs and bullets.

How can we fight this kind of organized control, this monopoly over the media by a few powerful indidviduals? Well, I wish I had a good answer.

One idea I was thinking of, in addition to trying to spread our message to other concerned citizens - was to send massive letters to advertisers.

If we can target some major advertisers that sell products on major media outlets, maybe we can force the media's hand at least to some degree. Over 50,000 people contributed yersterday. If we could make a list of some of the biggest advertizers on CNN, Fox News, NBC, etc. Now if each person writes 10 letters, one each to these companies, that would be 500,000 letters. Each company would get 10's of thousands of letters complaining about the extreme bias that the news channel demonstrates. We will threaten (and follow through if need be) to not buy their products if they continue to advertise on these criminally biased news channels unless something changing. If we corordinate our efforts we could probably have these letters all arrive within the same week or two - that should show at least the advertisers that we mean business and maybe that can force the news agencies to actually report a little news instead of lies, propaganda, and distractions.

sirachman
12-17-2007, 04:23 PM
Sounds good to me, if we make a form letter that includes documentation and sources of everything we know to exist bias wise and a long explanation of our disgust and how we are from now on boycotting their programs and their products maybe we can get them to get scared and drop their advertising. Then if we send it to the actual stations, it might have some effect to but id pay the most attention to a mass campaign on the advertisers.
I heard awhile ago that we got one advertiser to drop its advertising on the Beck show because of what he said and a few thousand ron paul supporters emailed them. But we can do a mass mail AND email campaign of all sponsors on all media stations.
Sounds good to me.

justinc.1089
12-17-2007, 04:44 PM
I'm in for this. I think as long as the letters are within like two weeks of each other so that the sponsors get them consistently daily it will work good.

At the very least it will show the media just how mad we are about this injustice of censorship. Censoring major news is something you would expect in communist China, not a free America.

AceNZ
12-17-2007, 04:46 PM
The advertisers are in bed with the media. They share the same values. RP winning is a much bigger threat to them than an organized boycott.

As long as the enemy controls the airwaves, they will have an advantage. That's part of how they've been able to stay in power as long as they have.

The solution here is not to try to persuade the enemy to adopt our views. That's doomed to fail. The solution I'm afraid is much more difficult. We need to become the media. In the same way that the neocons have Fox, we need our own outlet. Without one, we're fighting a losing battle.

Green Mountain Boy
12-17-2007, 04:49 PM
As long as you don't call it a "letter bomb."

justinc.1089
Yeah you're right sadly. While if we were hugely successful and managed to get a sponsor or two to drop their advertising, it still wouldn't do anything to help us win.

So, I think instead of writing letters to companies sponsoring the media we should write letters to voters like we have been doing.

nimo
Good thiniking, but this strategy would just put us in there hip pocket. It will not work!

jeff_from_VA
12-17-2007, 05:24 PM
http://hacks.mit.edu/Hacks/by_year/1996/unabomber/unabomber-fbi.gif

econojon
12-17-2007, 05:25 PM
I agree, please make the form!