PDA

View Full Version : Consider sending this email to Andrew Sullivan? He wrongs Ron Paul

Wingman
12-17-2007, 04:01 PM
It is about this article :-
http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/200712/obama
In it Andrew says he supports Obama and claims Obama is the only candidate opposed to the war from the start. That's just so untrue -.-'. Send him the email below and get him to fix it.

Send email to: letters@theatlantic.com

"Dear Mr Sullivan

I have read this article of yours on Barack Obama :-
http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/200712/obama
and it is well written and carefully thought out.

But there is a repeated contention that there is no other candidate who :-
1) Can unite the country and
2) Is opposed the Iraq war from the start
That's blatantly incorrect.

Ron Paul opposed the Iraq war from the very start.

And Ron Paul does unite the country because he returns to the Constitution. That is a much much bigger concept of unification than any complex proposition offered by Barack.

As capable as Barack is, he is not the man for the times. Ron Paul is.

Could you help reflect the correction in your article? It would greatly advance the cause of reason and truth which your paper is so well renowned for.

Thanks"

adwads
12-17-2007, 04:04 PM
Nah, he endorsed RP today...Sullivan is a good guy.

Devil_rules_in_extremes
12-17-2007, 04:04 PM
Didn't he just endorse Ron Paul?

Green Mountain Boy
12-17-2007, 04:05 PM
Don't go hard on Sully...he just endorsed Ron Paul for the GOP nomination today. He's always been good to Ron Paul, imo.

Wingman
12-17-2007, 04:11 PM
ok.. but his original article was still wrong =_=

we still need to send the email to get him to correct it. BECAUSE IT COULD END UP AN OBAMA VS PAUL CONTEST

and initial perceptions are critical.

Cyclone177
12-17-2007, 04:16 PM
I wouldn't attack him. I sent him a Thankyou email, and he responded right back immediately with a very nice email.

What more do you want from the guy? He endorsed RP today and wrote a glowing column about it.

Meatwasp
12-17-2007, 04:19 PM
For heavens sake he endorsed Paul on Dredge so why send him bad emails Sheez

WilliamC
12-17-2007, 04:34 PM
Greetings All,

Based upon an earlier post of his this morning I think that Wingman is a troll and agitator deliberately seeking to get others to agree to opinions and actions which would be harmful to Ron Paul's campaign. The thread is http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=57724 and the specific comments are in the 1st, 8th, and 10th post of the thread. Essentially he is asking to get others to agree with him that violence should be done to certain high government officials, their family, and friends.

I do not say this lightly but comments such as those made by Wingman, if left unchecked, could very possibly get this forum shut down. I have requested to the moderators that his account be deleted, and I would ask others to do the same. I would hate to lose this community because of the illegal postings of a few.

Please read his words for yourself and feel free to let me know if you think I am overreacting.

William C Colley

steph3n
12-17-2007, 05:46 PM
This was about the democratic candidates. He endorsed Ron Paul today for GOP. Thanks Andrew!

Corydoras
12-18-2007, 03:15 AM
Based upon an earlier post of his this morning I think that Wingman is a troll and agitator deliberately seeking to get others to agree to opinions and actions which would be harmful to Ron Paul's campaign.

Thanks. Long before that thread, I thought Wingman was an agent provocateur, and it's troubled me that people haven't been reacting to her as such.

BlueGecko
12-18-2007, 03:54 AM
Thanks. Long before that thread, I thought Wingman was an agent provocateur, and it's troubled me that people haven't been reacting to her as such.

Yup hes posted some things that you shouldn't even say outloud nowadays;) much less post