PDA

View Full Version : Jacksonville, Florida

JS4Pat
07-06-2007, 12:17 PM
Jacksonville Florida has a 61 member meetup group.

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/166/

Join us in helping spread Ron Paul's message of Freedom & Liberty

acejoca
07-06-2007, 12:37 PM
lets get it started

Andrew
07-06-2007, 01:53 PM

K_Gilmore
07-06-2007, 02:39 PM
Third

MissJenna522
07-06-2007, 05:05 PM
4th or 5th??? WHATEVER! start it! :-)

Dary
07-06-2007, 06:18 PM
Giuliani tomorrow at UNF.

That's me in the back row, 4th from the left.

http://photos4.meetupstatic.com/photos/event/c/7/5/f/highres_1611039.jpeg

BravoSix
07-06-2007, 08:23 PM
Ya got my vote!

MJ777
07-07-2007, 09:16 AM
Yeah!!
Anyone from Nassau Co?

JS4Pat
07-07-2007, 12:31 PM
Just a quick update on what the Jacksonville Group has been up to...

This morning (Saturday, July 7th) some of us met up at The University of North Florida for the Rudy Giuliani Townhall Meeting.

Although our group was small - our message reached just about every single person (250+) at this event. We all wore Ron Paul shirts. Most attendees were advocates of The Fair Tax and during the Q&A Rudy refused to endorse it. So what did we do? We left the event early and placed RON PAUL brochures on every vehicle and then met each person as they exited the venue with a custom Ron Paul Business Card that included our Jacksonville Meet-Up web address.

Our message to each person exiting the building: "Here is the candidate that WILL get rid of the IRS and abolish the Federal Income Tax! - Rudy already told you that he won't"

Believe it or not - a large segment of those in attendance did not know who Ron Paul was. (Which is not a bad thing) I am pretty sure we got some people to take a closer look! If we get this opportunity again - we need to show up with at least one hundred people!"

Short Video: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4876298698862263480&hl=en

Come on Jacksonville - Be a Part of the Ron Paul Revolution!!!!
http://ronpaul.meetup.com/166/

K_Gilmore
07-08-2007, 08:36 AM
Nice work, guys!

K_Gilmore
07-08-2007, 09:55 AM
Giuliani jeered in Jacksonville:

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/july2007/080707Giuliani.htm

JS4Pat
07-08-2007, 10:06 AM
In case you missed it this morning...

Ron Paul was on ABC's "This Week" with George Stephanopolus.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=6102

JS4Pat
07-08-2007, 11:02 AM
From Lil...

Leave a comment to let them know how you feel -

George Stephanopoulos : 'Whats victory to you?'
Ron Paul: 'To win'
George Stephanopoulos: 'Thats not going to happen'

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2007/07/longshot-candid.html#comment-75244124

lil
07-08-2007, 11:08 AM
http://www.leetgeeks.com/images/lil-elly-rpr.jpg

Rolling billboard...

JS4Pat
07-08-2007, 11:19 AM
From Lil...

Leave a comment to let them know how you feel -

George Stephanopoulos : 'Whats victory to you?'
Ron Paul: 'To win'
George Stephanopoulos: 'Thats not going to happen'

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2007/07/longshot-candid.html#comment-75244124
Done!

Here is my post...

Let's See...

Today is July 8, 2007.

The Iowa Caucus is January 14, 2008 and the New Hampshire Primary is January 22, 2008.

The presidential election itself is 484 days a way.

We have had 3 GOP debates and according to the polls conducted by MSNBC, Fox News and CNN - Congressman Ron Paul won all three of the debates.

George Stephanopolus states on national television today that Ron Paul has no shot of winning the presidency.

What does George know that we don't know????

Posted by: John Stevens | Jul 8, 2007 12:59:17 PM

angrydragon
07-08-2007, 11:52 AM
http://www.leetgeeks.com/images/lil-elly-rpr.jpg

Rolling billboard...

Nice lil.

Looks like my lil sister.

MissJenna522
07-08-2007, 12:25 PM
George Stephanopoulos said the same thing to Mike Gravel! Other than that last thing he said to Dr. Paul, I liked the way he conducted the interview. He was nice, and asked questions that gave Dr. Paul a chance to say how he feels on issues (without putting words in him mouth like Neil Cavuto did). And he told Dr. Paul he'd bet all the money he had on it that Ron Paul wasn't gonna win. As it stands now, its actually a safe bet. We just need to work harder to change that!

But, hey, in this case, it goes without saying that "theres no such thing as bad publicity". so, i think if that little portion of the interview is taken out of context and brought to people's attention so that they are exposed to Ron Paul, then HECK YEAH! SCREW GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS!

JS4Pat
07-08-2007, 01:39 PM
George Stephanopoulos said the same thing to Mike Gravel! Other than that last thing he said to Dr. Paul, I liked the way he conducted the interview. He was nice, and asked questions that gave Dr. Paul a chance to say how he feels on issues (without putting words in him mouth like Neil Cavuto did). And he told Dr. Paul he'd bet all the money he had on it that Ron Paul wasn't gonna win. As it stands now, its actually a safe bet. We just need to work harder to change that!

But, hey, in this case, it goes without saying that "theres no such thing as bad publicity". so, i think if that little portion of the interview is taken out of context and brought to people's attention so that they are exposed to Ron Paul, then HECK YEAH! SCREW GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS!
I agree - but nonetheless George plants that seed in the heads of the less-informed that "Ron Paul is a great candidate BUT...."

That said - I love the way RP ended the interview with "we've surprised a lot of people so far and we are going to surprise a lot more". Confidence... :)

BE PART OF IT!!!

acejoca
07-09-2007, 08:14 AM
I found a video of Ron Paul saying he would vote for the Fair Tax if it came up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI5lC4Z_T80

So I think now we can use this to help us a lot. Its obvious though that Ron Paul would do one better than Fair tax and actually remove most taxes so that wouldnt be necessary but at least he says he would vote for it if it came up.

JS4Pat
07-09-2007, 01:42 PM
Just received word from a Meet-up organizer in Georgia about 3 Ron Paul events in South Carolina on Saturday, July 21st. The campaign is trying to mobilize as many Ron Paul supporters as possible to attend these events, so I thought I'd see who is interested in a ROAD TRIP FOR RON!!!

Event #1: Ron Paul at the Greenville/Spartanburg Airport (GSP) Airport

When: Saturday, July 21, 2007 8:30 AM to 10:30 AM EST

Where:
Greenville/Spartanburg Airport (GSP) Airport
2000 Gsp Drive Greer SC 29651 Phone (864) 879-6000
Greer, South Carolina

Details: NEED A CROWD OF RON PAUL SUPPORTERS TO GREET RON PAUL AT THE GSP AIRPORT THE EARLY MORNING OF JULY 21 AT 9:00 AM - HIS ARRIVAL TIME 10 AM - AMERICAN AIRLINES!!!

RSVP: http://eventful.com/events/E0-001-005234090-6

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Event #2: RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT - SPARTANBURG

When: Saturday, July 21, 2007 11:00 AM to 1:30 PM EST

Where:
SUMMITT POINT CONFERENCE CENTER
895 SPARTAN BLVD
Spartanburg, South Carolina

Details: Cost is $25 per person. There is a Spartanburg GOP Luncheon and a Forum where Ron Paul will speak and do a one hour Q&A session.

RSVP: http://eventful.com/events/E0-001-005202851-8

Event #3: RON PAUL Rally in Greenville, South Carolina

When: Saturday, July 21, 2007 3:00 PM to 7:00 PM EST

Details: More Details Coming Soon...

I plan to go and will probably be able to take 3 people with me.
(I will also more than likely plan to stay over on Saturday Night)

Anyone else interested in making the trip?

mryanjax
07-09-2007, 02:13 PM
Count me in....I will have to be back by Sunday, so I'll probably leave sometime Saturday night...

Mike

Luke Hopper
07-09-2007, 02:26 PM
When would we leave for this and who would be driving? I might want to go but it depends on my work schedule. Tomorrow I work and if they haven't already made the schedule for next week I will ask for it off if this sounds like something I want to do.

JS4Pat
07-09-2007, 03:08 PM
I haven't decided between leaving Friday night after work around 5:30pm or early Saturday morning. It is a 5 1/2 hour drive. If I leave Friday Night - I will probably attend all 3 events. If I leave Saturday morning - then I will just do the Forum and the big rally in Greenville.

athena0626
07-09-2007, 07:43 PM
i'm in.

athena0626
07-09-2007, 08:42 PM
I'd love to do this if I could afford to make a trip... keep me informed.

athena

K_Gilmore
07-10-2007, 12:21 PM
Looks like McCain's campaign is tanking. His manager and chief strategist have both just quit or been fired.

acejoca
07-10-2007, 12:24 PM
ya it looks like he is pretty much going to be out. i think he will drop out and thompson will replace him.

MissJenna522
07-10-2007, 03:11 PM
I know a lot of folks here have seen this email that was sent thru the meet up group:

"The American Cancer Society holds its annual walk-a-thon October 13, 2007 in
San Marco. Would there be any interes in putting together a ROn Paul 2008 Team for the morning walk. This is a fundraiser for the Am Cancer Society, donations are accepted, not required. Some top teams are listed on the web site with $75.00 donation amounts. Some large firms, such as Aenta, Bank of America participate.

I have volunteered for Am Cancer Society events in the past, it may be a good way to create awareness for Ron and create positive "buzz" about us.

Here is a link:
http://makingstrides.acsevents.org/site/
PageServer?pagename=MS07_FL_eventinformation_Duval

John"

And i was reading thru some of the replies. I just wanted to point out a couple of things:
1. one of my best friends from orlando thinks its a great idea, and wants to come up and participate in this event with me.
**Here is the other thing i wanted to say**

some people were saying how they only want to focus on registered republicans who have track records of voting in primariy elections.

~I only registered to vote about 8 months ago.
~I have never voted in a primary election.
~It wasnt until i learned of Ron Paul that I changed my party affiliation to Republican. (before i was just undecided)
~I have only changed it to Republican so that I vote for Ron Paul in the primaries.
~I know of many people my age that were in the same boat as me, and would be willing to do the same thing i did, they just need the info.
~ I think this is an awesome idea and I am really excited about it. Plus, it will give me a chance to meet some of you, since i am unable to participate in Monday meetups.

I would like to move forward and organize more definite plans. how do we go about this?

JS4Pat
07-10-2007, 07:49 PM
John

And i was reading thru some of the replies. I just wanted to point out a couple of things:
1. one of my best friends from orlando thinks its a great idea, and wants to come up and participate in this event with me.
**Here is the other thing i wanted to say**

some people were saying how they only want to focus on registered republicans who have track records of voting in primariy elections.

~I only registered to vote about 8 months ago.
~I have never voted in a primary election.
~It wasnt until i learned of Ron Paul that I changed my party affiliation to Republican. (before i was just undecided)
~I have only changed it to Republican so that I vote for Ron Paul in the primaries.
~I know of many people my age that were in the same boat as me, and would be willing to do the same thing i did, they just need the info.
~ I think this is an awesome idea and I am really excited about it. Plus, it will give me a chance to meet some of you, since i am unable to participate in Monday meetups.

I would like to move forward and organize more definite plans. how do we go about this?
I hear you.

It is Adam that is really pushing the single focus on GOP primary voters. And that is because he has a lot of experience with political campaigns. However, I don't think Adam fully grasps how "unconventional" Ron Paul's candidacy really is. It is like no other candidacy in our lifetime.

I think we need a two prong approach. One is to definitely focus on GOP voters because they are guaranteed voters and many CAN be persuaded that RP is the only true small government conservative in the race. The second approach should be registering independents and possibly even Democrats as Republicans and getting them behind Ron Paul.

Hopefully our group will grow so that will have the resources to go in both directions.

lil
07-10-2007, 08:10 PM
I just watched a Oklahoma news channel about Ron Paul getting a lot of attention & they said the home made signs this early in the candidacy is to blame...any chance of us making our own signs? I do not know anything about the laws (where we can & cannot post them) - but seems OK is getting on the bandwagon of RP. :)

JS4Pat
07-10-2007, 08:15 PM
I just watched a Oklahoma news channel about Ron Paul getting a lot of attention & they said the home made signs this early in the candidacy is to blame...any chance of us making our own signs? I do not know anything about the laws (where we can & cannot post them) - but seems OK is getting on the bandwagon of RP. :)

Yes - I think we need to get on that quick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tCyJmtUeyY

adamguillette
07-10-2007, 08:41 PM
Hey guys,

I appreciate your comments and your enthusiasm!

One of the great things about the list provided by the Supervisor of Elections is that it tells you the DATE on which people registered. This way, you can also effectively target recent registrants.

Cancer Society 5-K's and non-political events are a decent way to talk to people about issues. However, there are much better, much more effective ways. I don't know about you guys, but I want to spend MY time using the most effective methods possible!

When you go door to door and make phones calls, you'll know whether or not the people you contact are people worth contacting for this election. This way, you only expand your time, talent and treasure on people who can help elect Ron Paul. Unfortunately, I find it highly unlikely that people at a Cancer Society 5-k will be holding up signs TELLING you whether or not they are worth contacting. With that in mind, how much of your time will be spent talking to people who might actually have a say in the upcoming election?

I've been a Ron Paul fan for over 8 years. I've also attended more than 10 Ron Paul meetings throughout the state. As a matter of fact, my coworker (the State Chairman of Americans for Prosperity) sat next to Congressman Paul's wife and his campaign manager at the Republican Presidential Debate at the Reagan Library. He spoke to Dr. Paul for a little while after the debate, too.

That being said, I'm pretty sure that I 'grasp' Dr. Paul and his campaign.

Ron Paul is unique. He is the only candidate who stands up for the Constitution.

His campaign, however, is not unique at all. I speak nationwide on political campaigns, and there are 5 basic types. Ron Paul's campaign is a 'cadre' effort. Other cadre campaigns in the past would be Eugene McCarthy in '68, Reagan in '76, Ralph Nader, Pat Buchanan, etc.

I'm sure that I'm not the only one who would like to see Ron Paul poll higher than 1%.

If we focus on effective tactics of identifying likely voters, we can turn Ron Paul's campaign into a 'mass based' campaigns. Mass based campaigns win elections.

I don't know about you, but if I'm going to take time away from other things to get involved in political activism, I want to WIN.

athena0626
07-11-2007, 08:36 AM
So... is it the fact that the signs were homemade, or is just having signs at all okay? Bacause i was thinking about buying a bunch of the ones from the internet... should I just create some of my own...?

Also, I definitely agree with Jenna and have felt that way since the beginning. I have never voted in a primary, LOTS of people haven't. And I wouldn't even say that it's because I am young or politically inexperienced or anything like that... I think a VERY large number of people behind Ron Paul are people that never have voted in Republican primary in their life... like my father, for example... who is very, very well educated in history, economics, politics, etc... and that very reason is the cause for why he hasn't ever voted in GOP primary, I'm sure. Anyways, my point is, I would almost go as far as to say that it would be wise to target those who actually haven't voted in a primary, because they are the ones who would probably agree most with the idea that the country in going in the wrong direction and needs a drastic change. Many of the older people that consistently vote in Rep. primaries are probably more likely to still think the GOP and where it's at right now is all fine and awesome, thus their active involvement. The people who are sick of it, like the rest of us and probably most Ron Paul supporters, aren't actively voting for those crackpots... Do you see what I mean??

athena0626
07-11-2007, 08:42 AM
With that in mind, how much of your time will be spent talking to people who might actually have a say in the upcoming election?

[/U]

I just wanted to point out that as far as I am concerned, EVERYONE actually has a say in the upcoming election.

adamguillette
07-11-2007, 09:39 AM
Unfortunately, everyone doesn't have a say in the election. Registered Democrats don't have a say in a Republican Primary. Neither do Independents.

People under the age of 18 also don't have a say in a Republican Primary, as far as votes are concerned.

Can you get some people to switch their registration? Definitely! But that's just not the best use of your time.

Should you focus on recently registered Republicans too? Absolutely! But I already said that in several messages, and I pointed out that the Supervisor of Elections list tells you who is a recent registrant.

It just comes down to whether or not your goal is to 'educate as many people as possible about Ron Paul' (which will result in him continuously polling at 1 or 2%) or whether you are focused on winning a Republican Primary.

The choice is yours to make.

K_Gilmore
07-11-2007, 12:00 PM
I think we should listen to Adam and follow his advice. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't also try to do whatever else we can to get the word out.

Adam, I like the idea of a call center effort to contact the people on your list who DO vote in primaries. If that could be successful, we will be able to add a lot of votes for Ron Paul in the primary. But if that effort isn't very successful in converting people, we need to know that NOW, so that we can think about some of these other ideas to target the larger populace.

jabbott0
07-11-2007, 04:27 PM
Hey everyone,

We finally have the Jacksonville area forum set up! Here is the link:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60

The forum you're reading now is just for requesting the Jacksonville forum to be set up... We should go ahead and continue our discussions over at the new "official" forum.

Cheers,
Jon