PDA

View Full Version : What if Ron Paul Wins the Primaries?

adpierce
12-17-2007, 03:37 PM
Will we have all the delegates we need? Will the GOP allow Ron Paul delegates into the convention... what would the MSM say to try to counteract the impact of the victories given to Ron Paul. This is a bigger question than if Ron Paul doesn't win the primaries. We need to proceed on the assumption that Ron Paul will win otherwise if we do win we won't know what to do!

european
12-17-2007, 03:45 PM
Will we have all the delegates we need? Will the GOP allow Ron Paul delegates into the convention... what would the MSM say to try to counteract the impact of the victories given to Ron Paul. This is a bigger question than if Ron Paul doesn't win the primaries. We need to proceed on the assumption that Ron Paul will win otherwise if we do win we won't know what to do!

+1

NoMoreApathy
12-17-2007, 03:45 PM
I'm going to have to assume that the campaign, and the independent supporters all know the importance of the delegate process, in getting Ron the nomination.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when you win a state's primary, you win those delegates, and they represent you at the convention, no?

If we have enough delegates at the convention, they can't shut us out. Matter of fact, even if we only have ONE delegate, I believe that allows Ron an opportunity to speak at the convention.

The main purpose of the primaries is going to be to keep growing our support through wins, and high placings.

The more people we get on board, the harder it is for the establishment to keep RP shut out. Eventually, if we keep this up, and Ron gets some big primary wins, they may have no choice BUT to allow his campaign and success to play out.

The only thing I'm worried about at this point, is vote rigging. Just as important as delegates, is having people keeping an eye on the process at each precinct. None of that bullshit Diebold malfunction crap like what happened in Ames.

Matt Collins
12-17-2007, 04:13 PM
If he wins, then we all get together and drink.

If he loses, then we all get together and drink.

;-)

justinc.1089
12-17-2007, 04:52 PM

;-)

I he loses, then we all get together, drink, and riot in front of fox's hq!

Visual
12-17-2007, 04:55 PM
I'm going to have to assume that the campaign, and the independent supporters all know the importance of the delegate process, in getting Ron the nomination.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when you win a state's primary, you win those delegates, and they represent you at the convention, no?

If we have enough delegates at the convention, they can't shut us out. Matter of fact, even if we only have ONE delegate, I believe that allows Ron an opportunity to speak at the convention.

The main purpose of the primaries is going to be to keep growing our support through wins, and high placings.

The more people we get on board, the harder it is for the establishment to keep RP shut out. Eventually, if we keep this up, and Ron gets some big primary wins, they may have no choice BUT to allow his campaign and success to play out.

The only thing I'm worried about at this point, is vote rigging. Just as important as delegates, is having people keeping an eye on the process at each precinct. None of that bullshit Diebold malfunction crap like what happened in Ames.

Not all states are based on votes...

Like the pirates code, primaries in some states are more of a guideline than a rule. The delegate SHOULD vote how the distric votes, but isn't required to. It depends on the state. Basicly the older the state, the higher the chance the delegate vote isn't tied to the primary vote.

So,

Primary vote winner dosent mean delegate vote winner

adpierce
12-17-2007, 04:59 PM
Not all states are based on votes...

Like the pirates code, primaries in some states are more of a guideline than a rule. The delegate SHOULD vote how the distric votes, but isn't required to. It depends on the state. Basicly the older the state, the higher the chance the delegate vote isn't tied to the primary vote.

So,

Primary vote winner dosent mean delegate vote winner

yep

Matt Collins
01-08-2008, 11:53 PM

Bump