PDA

View Full Version : Today's Des Moines Press Conference

John of Des Moines
12-17-2007, 03:20 PM
I was at today's press conference here in Des Moines. It stated about 12:50 and lasted 30 minutes. At first there was about a total of 15 to 17 people in the room with about 7 press. Within 10 minutes another 30 or so showed up but mostly in groups. Channel 13 - WHO TV (NBC) had a group of seven working on some corn fuel subsidy special (I figure they have done the same to the other candidates). There was Johnathan Roos of the Register (he actually arrived early). Cal something of the local FOX station - channel 17 (the owners of the station don't like FOX network at times). Cal asked Ron how much was raised on Saturday - Paul didn't know off hand. Later I spoke to Cal told him to visit ronpaulgraphs.com and paulcash.com for detailed money info. He seemed amazed at the amount of money raised and wanted to know why Paul attracted such a diverse group of supporters. Explained it's the liberty message and that draws people to Paul. Saw no overtly national media types. Left and went to Wendy's for a number 2 (from the menu board - not "pinching a loaf"), medium sized with a Coke and throw in some packets of ketchup. :)

I've got a video of the event however it's really crappy - video quality poor and sound barely audible. :( (That's the price I pay for getting a $100 video camera at Best Buy and standing 50 feet away - sorry.)

brianbb98
12-17-2007, 03:21 PM
Haha, I had that exact meal on Saturday. :)

MsDoodahs
12-17-2007, 03:22 PM
So little to no interest in the fundraising. :rolleyes:

The mainstream media never ceases to do exactly what I expect them to do, lol.

dirka
12-17-2007, 03:25 PM
We don't need any Grandpa Media, we have more than enough support to sucker punch these jackasses