PDA

View Full Version : "Obscure" Congressman

Noodles
07-06-2007, 11:52 AM
LOL. But it is very nice to see Dr. Ron Paul on ABC News' home page. They now have his picture beside McCain's.

Hope we are turning the corner.

brumans
07-06-2007, 11:55 AM
They changed it.. about 10 minutes ago it just said

"Ron Paul Tops McCain in Cash on Hand", with just a picture of Ron Paul.

now it says

"Obscure Congressman Ron Paul Beats McCain in Campaign Cash", with a picture of Ron Paul and John McCain, side by side.

nayjevin
07-06-2007, 12:01 PM
"Obscure Media Outlet Covers Ron Paul... Beats www.ronpaul2008.com In Hits For 10 Minutes Or So"

jpa
07-06-2007, 12:03 PM
david vs goliath story is good marketing. don't be quick to judge.

http://blog.guykawasaki.com/2007/07/what-people-tal.html

Everyone loves an underdog.

ThePieSwindler
07-06-2007, 12:13 PM
I just contacted ABC with a polite email asking them why they changed the title, why it was necessary to include a biased word like "obscure", and kindly asked them to take it down, all while thanking them for the coverage. Do the same!

winston84
07-06-2007, 12:27 PM
I just checked out the article, the title says "Ron Paul Tops McCain in Cash on Hand" and no images are included. Good enough!

Erazmus
07-06-2007, 12:29 PM
The news article says that, but the main link from abcnews.com still says obscure... :mad:

austin356
07-06-2007, 12:30 PM
I just contacted ABC with a polite email asking them why they changed the title, why it was necessary to include a biased word like "obscure", and kindly asked them to take it down, all while thanking them for the coverage. Do the same!

I kinda like the "obscure" in this headline. It implies a extremely fast rise from nothing to something, which is basically the truth. It also grabs the attention of viewers more.

mconder
07-06-2007, 12:30 PM
Obscure Congressman

You wouldn't know it by all the Ron Paul Revolution signs everywhere.

aknappjr
07-06-2007, 12:38 PM
Guys, I had to admit it, and maybe "obscure" is a bit of a stretch, but the OVERWHELMING MAJORITY of people don't know who Ron Paul is.

Most of those who do know his message like it. The overwhelming majority of people who understand his message like it. If I had to guess, I'd say almost certainly less than 10% of Americans know who Ron Paul is. I think its closer to 5%. Largely unknown might be a slightly more accurate term, but obscure is close enough.

Our job is NAME RECOGNITION and MESSAGE RECOGNITION. To do that, we need to tell as many people as possible about his message. We each need to donate AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE.

Ask yourself: What would a true patriot do? What would Patrick Henry have done? What would Samuel Adams have done? These are just the men who survived the struggle for liberty, along with untold tens of thousands of God-fearing liberty-loving patriots. These people were willing to give their lives, and all we are asking for is $2300. Work overtime, get a second job, if necessary, but TELL PEOPLE about Ron Paul. Tell everyone you know, and tell everyone you meet.

LibertyCzar
07-06-2007, 12:51 PM
The best part is being compared to John McCain. Just remember, six months ago John McCain was supposed to be the super frontrunner, and everyone else was supposed to be like chump change. So now Ron Paul is mentioned as having more cash than John McCain, and this is the best. It's even better than being compared to Romney or Giuliani, since neither of them were supposed to have the nomination months and months ago. Actually, it was McCain's weakness that allowed Giuliani to rise to the top in the first place. But now people are not so happy with him, so they are looking at Fred Thompson. But they'll soon see that Thompson has problems too. ABC just gave the Ron Paul the ultimate publicity.