PDA

View Full Version : It shouldn't be this way.

coboman
12-17-2007, 02:53 PM
Those of us who were expecting the meteoric rise of Ron Paul's campaign after the teaparty, have to realize two things:

1) We cannot count on Main Stream Media to do the work for us.

2) We cannot count on the official campaign to do the work for us.

It is the grassroots movement that has increased Ron Paul's name recognition. The ones that raised millions of dollars. The ones that have placed signs all over the country. We have brought tens of thousands of new supporters. The official campaign, I can assure you, has not brought even 1% of the current supporters.

It is the grassroots, and only the grassroots the ones that can get the votes Ron Paul needs to win the primaries.

Let's focus on what is important: votes and delegates.

We need an organized effort, like the teaparty, where we are all in sync to get new voters, and guarantee that they will show up to vote. Organize transportation and food for the day of the caucus and primaries.
And get all of us, to commit to become delegates. ALL OF US.

We have been one step behind the rest of the campaigns. When they were collecting money, we were getting name recognition.
When they are getting endorsements, we are collecting money.
By the time we get endorsements, it will be to late.

It shouldn't be this way. Let's go one step ahead and get what really counts. Votes and delegates.

"Skate to where the puck is going, not to where it is." Steve Jobs

LibertiORDeth
12-17-2007, 02:55 PM
I would but I am not even old enough to vote :|

hawkeyenick
12-17-2007, 02:56 PM
Those of us who were expecting the meteoric rise of Ron Paul's campaign after the teaparty, have to realize two things:

1) We cannot count on Main Stream Media to do the work for us.

2) We cannot count on the official campaign to do the work for us.

It is the grassroots movement that has increased Ron Paul's name recognition. The ones that raised millions of dollars. The ones that have placed signs all over the country. We have brought tens of thousands of new supporters. The official campaign, I can assure you, has not brought even 1% of the current supporters.

It is the grassroots, and only the grassroots the ones that can get the votes Ron Paul needs to win the primaries.

Let's focus on what is important: votes and delegates.

We need an organized effort, like the teaparty, where we are all in sync to get new voters, and guarantee that they will show up to vote. Organize transportation and food for the day of the caucus and primaries.
And get all of us, to commit to become delegates. ALL OF US.

We have been one step behind the rest of the campaigns. When they were collecting money, we were getting name recognition.
When they are getting endorsements, we are collecting money.
By the time we get endorsements, it will be to late.

It shouldn't be this way. Let's go one step ahead and get what really counts. Votes and delegates.

"Skate to where the puck is going, not to where it is." Steve Jobs

Votes and delegates are only temporary and short term.

The free state project, running for public office, taking up leadership positions locally in the GOP are all long term solutions.

Oliver
12-17-2007, 02:57 PM
I would but I am not even old enough to vote :|

...and I live in Germany. Shouldn't we find out how
many members are actually living in the US and old
enough to influence the election on the ballots??? :confused:

coboman
12-17-2007, 03:02 PM
...and I live in Germany...

LOL. I live in Mexico, so I can't become a delegate either. I'm just here trying to cheer everyone up.

Maybe this movement isn't as big as we think.

Dave Pedersen
12-17-2007, 03:03 PM
I agree and that having been said we need to produce a series of two minute television commercials and air them with our own money. If the campaign cannot spend the money wisely there is no reason to keep feeding them with huge money bombs. Let's see what they do with what they have been entrusted. If the Iowa infomercial is any indication then the money bombs should be a thing of the past.

We need:

One video producer

One Television industry expert

One website designer

Add them together and pour in a large helping of dollars.

Then bake in the oven for two minutes on every television broadcast we can afford, targeting New York State and Mississippi and West Virginia.

If we can afford nationwide spots then we should by all means do so. We need a viable project to get behind 110%.

This has to be organized ASAP. Super Tuesday is fast approaching. We have great potential but someone with ability has to assume a position of leadership. We are all waiting for leaders to step forward. You who can lead know who you are. Step forward and do your job !

Oliver
12-17-2007, 03:08 PM
LOL. I live in Mexico, so I can't become a delegate either. I'm just here trying to cheer everyone up.

This is a serious question - how many are old
enough and actually Americans in here? Maybe
95% are foreigners and teens - and nobody
realized it by now? :p

torchbearer
12-17-2007, 03:09 PM

It's bigger than we know... I'm surprised daily.... each day a new street is covered in ron paul signs... each week a few more cars carry a ron paul bumper sticker... each money bomb raises more money... I've been here since the beginning.... this thing is becoming huge.

Remember these days?
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1370/1449985644_89daa50863_o.jpg

jasonjasonjason1
12-17-2007, 03:19 PM
I agree and that having been said we need to produce a series of two minute television commercials and air them with our own money. If the campaign cannot spend the money wisely there is no reason to keep feeding them with huge money bombs. Let's see what they do with what they have been entrusted. If the Iowa infomercial is any indication then the money bombs should be a thing of the past.

We need:

One video producer

One Television industry expert

One website designer

Add them together and pour in a large helping of dollars.

I see this kind of thing as a long term venture. After the elections, when the r3volution shifts focus to congress and senate runs(I hope/assume) then this would be plausible, but I don't see something this massive, needing this much organization being put together in time for the primaries. And even if it did, I think energy could be better spent, canvassing and basically doing what we've been doing(though arguably, to a greater degree). Of course, the RPR has surprised me before, maybe it'll surprise me again ;)

gang
12-17-2007, 03:22 PM
Maybe

Foreigners and teens cannot donate 18 mio. within 10 weeks.
Don't let yourself get confused by msm. That's what they want.

The coverage of the Tea Party by the networks reminds me a bit of East-German media in 1989. They also tried to hush up a revolution. They failed.
Keep the faith.

mconder
12-17-2007, 03:45 PM
Maybe the Campaign should invest in some of the awesome grassroots ideas and video productions. Money much better spent.

LibertiORDeth
12-17-2007, 06:06 PM
This is a serious question - how many are old
enough and actually Americans in here? Maybe

Judging by a poll a while ago, most are adults. Idk about how many are US residents though.