PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone here ever had a Phone Poll for Ron Paul which worked?

Wingman
12-17-2007, 02:52 PM
There are 2 kinds of polls :-

1) Demographic phone polls: Run by supposed reputable polling companies, these are statistically designed to be a representative sample of the whole population (about 400 people at a time or something)

2) Straw polls: Unscientific online or meet-up polls more indicative of supporter enthusiasm than of actual countrywide intentions.

We all know about the supposed option 6 which doesn't seem to allow you to pick Ron Pail.

Has anyone actually answered a demographic phone poll which allowed you to select Ron Paul and seemed to record your vote correctly?

If not it is about time we started writing formal queries to Rasmussen and all their industry peers.

mwkaufman
12-17-2007, 03:06 PM
I have actually completed only one land line poll, two days ago, and the only reason I didn't hang up was in hopes I'd get asked about Ron Paul. Instead I indicated I was less likely to vote for a woman President in 2008 and answered no to any of the reasons they offered. That she's Hillary Clinton never came up. I also said I liked using online catalogs and indicated that only Stephen Colbert of a list about 40 people would influence my vote. Oh and that animal mistreatment was a non-issue for me.