PDA

View Full Version : Good idea?

LibertiORDeth
12-17-2007, 02:50 PM
Ive been thinking about what I think might Revolutionize the rEVOLution. If RP supporters got together and created a new TV channel, we could have the only station that is not biased in favor of neocons/neolibs. It may sound ridiculous, and maybe it is, but if we created a corporation, which would be a news station, and (however you do it) acquired a television channel, all the RP supporters could buy stock in it, and we could appoint a board of directors with superb business experience. If everyone bought a thousand dollars worth of stock, do you no what we could do with it?
What are your thoughts?

LibertiORDeth
12-17-2007, 02:53 PM
Or not?

theantirobot
12-17-2007, 03:12 PM
I am with you. I have a very similar idea. It's called pennycrowd.com It's basically a social news site with a couple innovations. You can read about it at my website. There are also a couple of videos about it on my youtube channel.

The direction you are talking about is the direction we will inevitably end up going - Crowds promoting information they deem important. The implications are enormous. As you suggest forming and funding a corporation to run a television station, the same could be done for health care, food, housing, electric cars, solar power plants, anything. We could create heaven on earth. All it takes is the will to do so. Just as we made the RonPaulBlimp happen we can make anything else happen. The only thing stopping us is our numbers, but those are growing everyday.

RonPaulStreetTeam
12-17-2007, 03:16 PM
it would just get CIA jacked anyways.

theantirobot
12-17-2007, 03:20 PM
So don't even bother? It's never going to happen unless you try. You've got to start somewhere. If problems arise we can deal with them as the come.

Remember: We are many and they are few.

TwiLeXia
12-17-2007, 03:25 PM
ok it sounds good, but thing is the MSM practically have a monopoly on the news - it won't take merely thousands to get on air. we'll need tens of millions to get the station on air and keep it there, plus we'll have to make our own news crew and equipment, recording things and whatever else goes with it... maybe after ron paul wins the presidency we can do this, but right now i think we should focus on spreading the message through... err... cheaper means.

Not to say your idea isn't good though. It just doesn't seem exactly feasible to me at this point in time.

FrankRep
12-17-2007, 03:28 PM
I love the idea of creating our own media.

rollingpig
12-17-2007, 03:31 PM
we can just broadcast youtube

Dave Pedersen
12-17-2007, 03:31 PM
If local church services can get on television for hours at a time so can we.

theantirobot
12-17-2007, 03:35 PM
ok it sounds good, but thing is the MSM practically have a monopoly on the news - it won't take merely thousands to get on air. we'll need tens of millions to get the station on air and keep it there, plus we'll have to make our own news crew and equipment, recording things and whatever else goes with it... maybe after ron paul wins the presidency we can do this, but right now i think we should focus on spreading the message through... err... cheaper means.

Not to say your idea isn't good though. It just doesn't seem exactly feasible to me at this point in time.

My idea is to change what mainstream considers news. It should be interactive/participatory. The only equipment you need is a webcam. The information is out there. All that is lacking is a way for people to find it presented in a compelling way. This is where pennycrowd comes in. The key innovation is that you can link new stories to old ones, and then vote on relevance. (imagine submitting a headline inside a comment on reddit) It would allow people to vote on who presents the information in the best way.

I'm imagining something similar to reddit. Different users would have different rolls. Some people would submit articles, others would make videos about those articles, others would vote on who made the best video. The goal is to provide all the information about what is going on in video format. Surely there are enough commentators out there to achieve this. The only thing they lack is a place to inject their videos into relevance.

We could setup a kind of product placement advertising system for the commentator too. Anyone with a business idea could pay people to promote it. There is huge money in advertising. We could make that money go directly to the people. Get paid to endorse things.

The whole thing would be very similar to the DIGG/DIGGNATION model, except we would have tons of different people doing podcasts on every topic.

ClayTrainor
12-17-2007, 03:35 PM
I think this is a great idea!

Im not sure what it costs to start up a tv channell but we would definitely turn heads if we did!

kill the banks
12-17-2007, 03:45 PM
i've been trying to get that idea done for a long time ... not just ron paul but an alternative news network ... i'll hold shares in it ...

kill the banks

listen live http://www.rprradio.com/

disciple
12-17-2007, 03:47 PM
If local church services can get on television for hours at a time so can we.

Exactly.

jasonjasonjason1
12-17-2007, 04:04 PM
I think this is a very interesting idea. But I don't think it will come together the same way the blimp came together, "Holy crap! A blimp!? Yea, I'll toss in a few bucks".

First of all, I think this kind of stuff will be better left to ponder after the elections.

Second, I think an idea this grandiose will take a long time to reach a consensus. In my head, I picture the r3volution advancing into a series of chipins for congressional and senatorial runs for office and slowly growing until our numbers are at a point where huge ideas(and don't be starry-eyed by our blimp, this is a huge freaking idea) just become logical next steps.

theantirobot
12-17-2007, 04:19 PM
I think this is a very interesting idea. But I don't think it will come together the same way the blimp came together, "Holy crap! A blimp!? Yea, I'll toss in a few bucks".

First of all, I think this kind of stuff will be better left to ponder after the elections.

Second, I think an idea this grandiose will take a long time to reach a consensus. In my head, I picture the r3volution advancing into a series of chipins for congressional and senatorial runs for office and slowly growing until our numbers are at a point where huge ideas(and don't be starry-eyed by our blimp, this is a huge freaking idea) just become logical next steps.

First of all, I think this kind of stuff will help us win the elections. Why should we wait until after the election to make the change we want? This movement is bigger then an election.

Second, I see our campaign as one of awareness. We don't need to fund widespread congressional runs. After meetups go national we can create an official grass roots sanctioned candidates list. A nationwide infrastructure increases our capabilities drastically. It's simply a matter of putting our attention in the same place.

You may be right about it taking a long time to reach consensus, but I am working toward that right now. We all are. There's no reason to slow down.

jasonjasonjason1
12-17-2007, 04:31 PM
I'm not talking about slowing down. I'm talking about changing focus. These kind of ideas take a lot of strength/manpower/support. Our job right now is to flex the muscles of the r3volution in the best way we can so it doesn't diminish after the elections. And so we can continue to gather support. The best way to demonstrate our strength right NOW is keep pushing for Paul's nomination. The better we do in this election, the stronger our voice will be after.

RonPaulStreetTeam
12-17-2007, 04:53 PM
we can just broadcast youtube

then we're just preaching to each other. something we do enough of already.

mconder
12-17-2007, 04:56 PM
Sound's like a nearly impossible task, but then again, I thought 12 Million and a blimp were impossible too.

LibertiORDeth
12-17-2007, 06:02 PM

I think your right.

LibertiORDeth
12-17-2007, 06:04 PM
My idea is to change what mainstream considers news. It should be interactive/participatory. The only equipment you need is a webcam. The information is out there. All that is lacking is a way for people to find it presented in a compelling way. This is where pennycrowd comes in. The key innovation is that you can link new stories to old ones, and then vote on relevance. (imagine submitting a headline inside a comment on reddit) It would allow people to vote on who presents the information in the best way.

I'm imagining something similar to reddit. Different users would have different rolls. Some people would submit articles, others would make videos about those articles, others would vote on who made the best video. The goal is to provide all the information about what is going on in video format. Surely there are enough commentators out there to achieve this. The only thing they lack is a place to inject their videos into relevance.

We could setup a kind of product placement advertising system for the commentator too. Anyone with a business idea could pay people to promote it. There is huge money in advertising. We could make that money go directly to the people. Get paid to endorse things.

The whole thing would be very similar to the DIGG/DIGGNATION model, except we would have tons of different people doing podcasts on every topic.

So you're thinking a NewsTube?

Wingman
12-17-2007, 06:06 PM
A Good Idea

Pls Do It

I Will Appear In My Bathing Costume To Help Promote It

XelR8r
12-17-2007, 06:15 PM
LNN - Liberty News Network!

Where do I donate?
Do all donors become shareholders?

LibertiORDeth
12-17-2007, 06:17 PM
A Good Idea

Pls Do It

I Will Appear In My Bathing Costume To Help Promote It

*whistles*

LibertiORDeth
12-17-2007, 06:18 PM
I am going to start a new thread to replace this, entitled Operation: Free Speech.

Cleaner44
12-17-2007, 06:19 PM
I also love the idea of creating a non biased, honest media that America can depend on.