PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul says he has 2.4 million cash on hand (3rd among GOPs)

Pages : [1] 2

brumans
07-06-2007, 11:28 AM
http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2007/07/ron-paul-tops-m.html

Ron Paul Tops McCain in Cash on Hand

July 06, 2007 1:14 PM

ABC News' George Stephanopoulos Reports: Though often regarded as a longshot candidate for president, Republican Ron Paul tells ABC News that he has an impressive $2.4 million in cash on hand after raising an equal amount during the second quarter, putting him ahead of one-time Republican frontrunner John McCain, who reported this week he has only $2 million in the bank.

In an exclusive interview taped Friday and airing Sunday on "This Week," Paul said his campaign is on a better trajectory than McCain's.

"I think some of the candidates are on the down-slope, and we're on the up-slope," said Paul.

Paul's cash on hand puts him in third place in the Republican field in that important metric, although he is well behind leader Rudy Giuliani, who has $18 million in the bank, and Mitt Romney, with $12 million.

Paul, who polls show with support in the low single digits, said his surprisingly strong fundraising is the best measure of his support.

"I think people have underestimated the number of people in this country who are interested in a freedom message," says the Republican congressman from Texas, who has strong libertarian leanings.

To watch Paul's full interview, tune in to "This Week" on Sunday (check local listings).

kylejack
07-06-2007, 11:30 AM
But how much was raised in Q2? That's what I want to know.

Edit: Ah, it says equal amount, so 2.4 million. This is what I expected. 2-2.5 million.

UtahApocalypse
07-06-2007, 11:31 AM
So he earned 2.4 in Q2 and still has all of it on hand? is that right or does he did he get 4.8?

brumans
07-06-2007, 11:31 AM
This is what ABC is reporting he said in the taped interview that is being broadcasted this Sunday.

Craig_R
07-06-2007, 11:32 AM
sweet, this will get him some attention for sure.

Noodles
"he has an impressive $2.4 million in cash on hand after raising an equal amount during the second quarter"

brumans
It's the top story on http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/

stevedasbach
As I read it, he raised $2.4 million 2nd quarter and has $2.4 million cash on hand.

Since he ended 1st quarter with about $500,000 cash on hand, he must have spent about $500,000 2nd quarter.

JoshLowry
07-06-2007, 11:33 AM
We've passed McCain in cash on hand. That's great!

On the upslope indeed. :)

Joe Knows
07-06-2007, 11:33 AM
http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2007/07/ron-paul-tops-m.html

Ron Paul Tops McCain in Cash on Hand

July 06, 2007 1:14 PM

ABC News' George Stephanopoulos Reports: Though often regarded as a longshot candidate for president, Republican Ron Paul tells ABC News that he has an impressive $2.4 million in cash on hand after raising an equal amount during the second quarter, putting him ahead of one-time Republican frontrunner John McCain, who reported this week he has only $2 million in the bank.

In an exclusive interview taped Friday and airing Sunday on "This Week," Paul said his campaign is on a better trajectory than McCain's.

"I think some of the candidates are on the down-slope, and we're on the up-slope," said Paul.

Paul's cash on hand puts him in third place in the Republican field in that important metric, although he is well behind leader Rudy Giuliani, who has $18 million in the bank, and Mitt Romney, with $12 million.

Paul, who polls show with support in the low single digits, said his surprisingly strong fundraising is the best measure of his support.

"I think people have underestimated the number of people in this country who are interested in a freedom message," says the Republican congressman from Texas, who has strong libertarian leanings.

To watch Paul's full interview, tune in to "This Week" on Sunday (check local listings).

Fantastic. Ron Paul is now in the first tier of candidates for funds raised. When you take a look at the numbers he is not that far behind Romney. Romney only has 3.4 million cash on hand if you do not count the 8.6 million of his own money which he will never spend. He is only putting the money in to prime the pump and get unsuspecting donors to think he has a chance.

paulitics
07-06-2007, 11:34 AM
Well the campaign should offer an official statement on their website. The total raised vs cash on hand.

kylejack
07-06-2007, 11:34 AM
Fantastic. Ron Paul is now in the first tier of candidates for funds raised. When you take a look at the numbers he is not that far behind Romney. Romney only has 3.4 million cash on hand if you do not count the 8.6 million of his own money which he will never spend. He is only putting the money in to prime the pump and get unsuspecting donors to think he has a chance.

He might spend it. Being president can be very profitable.

Joe Knows
07-06-2007, 11:37 AM
He might spend it. Being president can be very profitable.

You are correct. He might spend it, but that is a good campaign issue in itself. Why would anyone want to support a candidate who is trying to buy himself in?

Dustancostine
07-06-2007, 11:39 AM
I wonder how much all of the meetup groups have spent independently. It has to at least be a million.

LibertyEagle
07-06-2007, 11:39 AM
It's good, but it certainly isn't what I had hoped for.

jpa
07-06-2007, 11:40 AM
Well the campaign should offer an official statement on their website. The total raised vs cash on hand.

They will after the interview airs. They are letting ABC get the scoop.

JTCoyoté
07-06-2007, 11:42 AM
Be all this as it may... as we close on the "end game" he will need every penny he can raise... and if we are to keep this as a popular campaign that means lots of $20, $50, and $100 donations which can only come by increasing the support numbers...

We can't rest til the Doctor has bested them all!

JTCoyoté

"The attacker must vanquish, the defender has only to prevail." -- Coyoté

brumans
07-06-2007, 11:43 AM
This also means we all have to contribute and make sure his donations are even higher for Q3!

aknappjr
07-06-2007, 11:44 AM
http://digg.com/politics/Ron_Paul_Vaulting_towards_1st_Tier_has_more_Cash_o n_Hand_than_John_McCain

Great work people!

kylejack
07-06-2007, 11:46 AM
HEY!! Google Ads is putting a Phillies for President ad on THIS FORUM PAGE! "Phillies for President Vote for the genuine Libertarian. Accept no two-party substitutes. Phillies2008.org."

This is an outrage!

mport1
07-06-2007, 11:47 AM
I personally think this is pathetic. We need to step up our game and put our money where our mouth is. I think this number is pretty disappointing considering how much support RP is receiving across the country. Too many people are freeloading and not chipping in.

Does everybody understand that RP is our only shot of restoring liberty for most likely many decades to come? Spend everything you have now and do not donate in the future. THIS is our shot!

Devil_rules_in_extremes
07-06-2007, 11:48 AM
Ron Paul is officially a top tier candidate now...

I wish 4-5 million was raised, but having more cash on hand than John McCain is a start!

Devil_rules_in_extremes
07-06-2007, 11:50 AM
I personally think this is pathetic. We need to step up our game and put our money where our mouth is. I think this number is pretty disappointing considering how much support RP is receiving across the country. Too many people are freeloading and not chipping in.

Does everybody understand that RP is our only shot of restoring liberty for most likely many decades to come? Spend everything you have now and do not donate in the future. THIS is our shot!

I agree. We really need to make this happen in Q3.

10-15 million raised for Ron Paul.

LastoftheMohicans
07-06-2007, 11:51 AM
Ron Paul raised about 3M and he has 2.4M on hand. Assuming no debts, he has only spend 20% of the money.

The thread states he is 3rd among GOPers. What did the other "2nd tier" guys raise?

kylejack
07-06-2007, 11:52 AM
Ron Paul raised about 3M and he has 2.4M on hand. Assuming no debts, he has only spend 20% of the money.

The thread states he is 3rd among GOPers. What did the other "2nd tier" guys raise?

They haven't released yet, so Ron Paul may fall a slot or two. Huckabee is obviously the toughest competition among the Tier 2 candidates, as far as fund-raising is concerned, IMHO.

FreedomLover
07-06-2007, 11:54 AM
Great news. Considering he hasnt been reaching into his own wealth and spending all his money on a bunch of tv and radio ads everywhere and hasnt been getting his donations from big-wallet special interests, hes certainly in better position than the big money-grabbers (aka top tier)

Now he needs two things:

1. He needs to find the best way to spend what he has effectively.

2. He needs all of us to continue supporting him both monetarily and voluntarily! If we the people can get RP into third place in front of McCain after McCain had over 50 fundraisers, then WE CAN VAULT HIM INTO 1ST for the third quarter! WE CAN DO IT!

A man like Ron Paul only comes around once in lifetime. We need to do everything, and I mean everything possible, to make sure America gets what it deserves: A Ron Paul Presidency. :cool:

beermotor
07-06-2007, 11:54 AM
I'm sure if they got more than us, they will release very shortly, heh.

Bummer, but not a huge bummer. It's still pretty impressive for a guy everybody said was going nowhere fast. We need to continue to spread the word!

mport1
07-06-2007, 11:55 AM
I thew in another $17.76 because of these disappointing results. Who else is with me?

UtahApocalypse
07-06-2007, 11:56 AM
As I have stated many times......

You cannot quantify the amount of value that the grassroots efforts have put into this campaign.

thomaspaine23
07-06-2007, 11:58 AM
Not great news, but hey with the MSM dissing him it is a great #.
It makes it harder for the Media to ignore him with more cash on hand than McCain. this means more coverage which will equate to more money.

Let's hope the cycle continues!

Dustancostine
07-06-2007, 12:00 PM
Why did ABC release the numbers early instead of waiting for the broadcast? Are they trying to give Huckabee or someone else time to release larger numbers so as to shrug off Paul's accomplishment?

mport1
07-06-2007, 12:00 PM
As I have stated many times......

You cannot quantify the amount of value that the grassroots efforts have put into this campaign.

Yes, that is very important, but he also needs money. If he would have raised $5 million +, he would have gotten much more media exposure which is what we really need. Unfortunately people don't think candidates are "legitimate" unless they are constantly reported on by the media.

Oddball
07-06-2007, 12:01 PM
Considering that Mitt Clinton can write his campaign a check just about any time he wants, wouldn't that really make Dr. Paul #2??

Ava
It is less than I hoped, and more than I feared. I'm happy about these numbers, and what they mean. If we figure in volunteers, and internet buzz, then a number like 50 million or more is probably more accurate. It is getting increasingly difficult for the media to ignore RP. I'll donate more, and I know other people will too.

LastoftheMohicans
My understand is that Ron Paul has a skeleton crew campaign staff. Is it possible they haven't finished "opening up all the mail", so to speak. They have until the 15th.

nayjevin
07-06-2007, 12:02 PM
I wonder where he keeps this 'cash on hand' -- it wouldn't be in any bank, would it?

wbbgjr
07-06-2007, 12:03 PM
Personally, I spent about $500 myself on supplies for the campaign. Flyers, and flags to pass out with flyers. That and all the time we spent.

brent022
07-06-2007, 12:05 PM
Why did ABC release the numbers early instead of waiting for the broadcast? Are they trying to give Huckabee or someone else time to release larger numbers so as to shrug off Paul's accomplishment?

My guess would be this is "news they get to break" for them and rather than risk a leak (from the campaign or inside their organization) and having a different source report it first, this guarantee's they were the first to report the amount.

Joe Knows
07-06-2007, 12:07 PM
Come on everybody. These are not disappointing results! Granted it is always nicer to have more than less, but put this in perspective. We have a solid base of volunteers that no other candidate has. We have the most frugal candidate. $100 raised for Ron Paul is probably the same as $1000 raised for "Trudy" Guiliani. Look at what happened when McCain overspent. When you take out Romney's loans he only has $1 million more than Ron Paul. And finally we have the best message. This is fantastic!

I do wonder why they chose to give the scoop to George S.

ARealConservative
sorry - but I can't help not being dissapointed by these numbers.

Noodles
Doesn't appear to be anywhere else on the web. Will the MSM keep ignoring us, or was the 2Q good enough to make us "1st Tier"?

wbbgjr
07-06-2007, 12:09 PM
It's on ABCnews front page now, at the very top. Visit the site guys so that we can bump it up to most popular.

www.abcnews.com

beermotor
07-06-2007, 12:10 PM
I'm sure he will continue to be marginalized. But so what? $2.4M is enough to keep him in the race all the way through the end, in every debate they don't actively try to exclude him from, etc.

ANYTHING ELSE IS JUST GRAVY.

All this means is, you gotta get out there and do your part and spread the word, folks! Battle stations!

angrydragon
07-06-2007, 12:11 PM
Not great news, but hey with the MSM dissing him it is a great #.
It makes it harder for the Media to ignore him with more cash on hand than McCain. this means more coverage which will equate to more money.

Let's hope the cycle continues!

Yep, he needs more exposure. If Ron had the exposure of Obama, he'd have a lot more donations.

JoshLowry
Doesn't appear to be anywhere else on the web. Will the MSM keep ignoring us, or was the 2Q good enough to make us "1st Tier"?

There is no tier. It's another divide and conquer term created by the MSM.

Putting on my blinders, I would say we are first tier in the GOP race after passing McCain. :D

honkywill
I am pumped! YESYESYES.

austin356
ABC just got a bump up in my book. They are spinning this quite heavily towards RP (comparatively to normal).

MozoVote
07-06-2007, 12:13 PM
It's all about ratings. They've got an interview in the hopper for Sunday. They want to get a buzz going... we may see more headlines over the weekend.

austin356
EVERYONE Digg this NOW.

IF you do not have a Digg username then register.

People will try to bury this. We cannot let this get buried.

http://digg.com/politics/Ron_Paul_Vaulting_towards_1st_Tier_has_more_Cash_o n_Hand_than_John_McCain

LastoftheMohicans
Nobody should be disappointed. Here are my reasons:

1) The message of liberty only needs a fraction of what the others need.

2) As was already mentioned, the grassroots(I don't include myself; I've only contributed money) has spent a lot of their own time and money that isn't counted.

3) The other candidates have spent a ton of money trying to create support. You can't buy the grassroots support that Ron Paul has.

4) The campaign has a low burn rate. About 20%.

5) Just by reading this forum, I have never seen more creative, dedicated and energetic supporters.
Do you really think anyone is excited by Mitt, John and Rudy?

LibertyCzar
07-06-2007, 12:14 PM
This is good news. We need to stop whining and complaining that this isn't good enough. This is a very good thing. ABC isn't some sort of obscure news outlet. It's one of the big boys. That's MSM. And this MSM outlet has spun these numbers as being a very significant and spectacular thing.

It's about a 500% improvement. If this was a corporation, and financial earnings reports showed this kind of result, the stock price would go sky high.

"he has an impressive $2.4 million in cash on hand after raising an equal amount during the second quarter"

I've done some number crunching. Ron Paul spent $115,070 in the first quarter. Which left him $524,919. And I've tracked how Ron Paul could spend so little in the second quarter, while matching the rise in his popularity. The numbers are close. Let's assume Ron Paul spent $50,000 in March, the month he officially announced that he was running for president. So funds spent for the second quarter, according to this projection are:

1. Add 50% for April, since he was still somewhat obscure: $75,000
2. Double for May, because of the debates, more notice and events: $150,000
3. Double again for June, for more notice and events: $300,000
4. That leaves a total of $525,000 and this is close to the actual $524,919 cash on hand at the beginning of the second quarter.

Just imagine what can be done now in the Third Quarter with the foundation set in the Second Quarter? Imagine a snowball tumbling downhill. It just gets bigger and bigger. :D

nayjevin
07-06-2007, 12:15 PM

A direct reward to a mainstream outlet for giving RP such good exposure.

SeekLiberty
I thew in another $17.76 because of these disappointing results. Who else is with me?

I just donated another $25. I also bought 100 Ron Paul for President bumper stickers to give away and post all over Boise, Idaho. Boise is starting to get flooded with Ron Paul Revolution and Ron Paul for President signs all over the place! It's exciting! :-) I've also bought Ron Paul REVOLUTION /Ron Paul2008.com yard signs and they've been planted in high traffic locations (and are still there!) :)

- SL

kalami
Wow. Here is one of the comments for the story:

I am 60 years old. I have always voted for smaller government and to uphold the Constitution. I have never gotten what I voted for. Today I put my home up for sale. I am taking the proceeds and going to spend it promoting Ron Paul. That is the best way to spend my grandchildrens inheritance. They will benefit more by having President Ron Paul than having $100,000 of fiat money. Our lives, our fortunes, our sacred honor. The Revolution has begun.

kylejack
07-06-2007, 12:16 PM
This is good news. We need to stop whining and complaining that this isn't good enough. This is a very good thing. ABC isn't some sort of obscure news outlet. It's one of the big boys. That's MSM. And this MSM outlet has spun these numbers as being a very significant and spectacular thing.

It's about a 500% improvement. If this was a corporation, and financial earnings reports showed this kind of result, the stock price would go sky high.

I've done some number crunching. Ron Paul spent $115,070 in the first quarter. Which left him $524,919. And I've tracked how Ron Paul could spend so little in the second quarter, while matching the rise in his popularity. The numbers are close. Let's assume Ron Paul spent $50,000 in March, the month he officially announced that he was running for president. So funds spent for the second quarter, according to this projection are:

1. Add 50% for April, since he was still somewhat obscure: $75,000
2. Double for May, because of the debates, more notice and events: $150,000
3. Double again for June, for more notice and events: $300,000
4. That leaves a total of $525,000 and this is close to the actual $524,919 cash on hand at the beginning of the second quarter.

Just imagine what can be done now in the Third Quarter with the foundation set in the Second Quarter? Imagine a snowball tumbling downhill. It just gets bigger and bigger. :D
There were a couple of big items in the past couple weeks. They had to drop 50 Gs on a deposit for the new campaign HQ near D.C. Also, they had to book the convention center for the event to compete with the ITR. And there was also the hall they booked in Kansas City.

Devil_rules_in_extremes
07-06-2007, 12:17 PM
EVERYONE Digg this NOW.

DUGG!!!

kylejack

Holy crap.

Joe Knows

Czar, I agree. This is great news. We are just going to get bigger.

Scribbler de Stebbing
EVERYONE Digg this NOW.

Did that just go from 35 diggs to 2 diggs? Bump this digg! Email it to your Meetup groups.

mport1
07-06-2007, 12:18 PM

Me either, I'm extremely disappointed. Everybody please donate more. We need lots of cash now before its to late.

njandrewg
but you gotta remember a lot of that money probably came to campaign in June. And since RP's supporters tend to give in small increments, the Q3 numbers should be MUCH better. While the other candidate's money will run dry

austin356
Did that just go from 35 diggs to 2 diggs? Bump this digg! Email it to your Meetup groups.

Its a glitch of some sort.

Refresh and it will fix itself eventually.

torchbearer
EVERYONE Digg this NOW.

It only had 2 diggs, but many comments.. what is up with that?

kylejack
07-06-2007, 12:19 PM
but you gotta remember a lot of that money probably came to campaign in June. And since RP's supporters tend to give in small increments, the Q3 numbers should be MUCH better. While the other candidate's money will run dry

Quite the opposite, the average contribution in Q1 was extremely high for Ron Paul, indicating exhausted donors due to the $2300 rule. Hopefully it will be lower this quarter.

Ava
07-06-2007, 12:19 PM

That is moving. Imagine more people following this example.

torchbearer
07-06-2007, 12:20 PM

Sweet!!!!

ladyjade3
07-06-2007, 12:21 PM
I'm pleased. It's not as much as I hoped, but I'm still pleased.

But we're definitely in the big game now, whether the OM acknowledges that far and wide or not. We're playing with the big boys. Let's not compare our campaign to losers like McCain. Deep Pockets Romney. Let's talk about Obama. His strategy was to get as many donors, rather than dollars, as possible. He made out pretty well on both fronts.

Let's go for that too.

Devil_rules_in_extremes
07-06-2007, 12:21 PM
It only had 2 diggs, but many comments.. what is up with that?

I see 52 Diggs...

Elwar
07-06-2007, 12:23 PM
MSM spin: McCain's cash on hand disappointing, lower than also ran candidate.

They're going to focus on McCain, not Ron Paul. Perhaps watching McCain for a huge comeback or huge fall.

Don't get your hopes up...even if Ron Paul raised $10million he'd get ignored. They'd just put their own "Ron Paul flies first class" spin on it.

austin356
I see 52 Diggs...

Digg's system was having trouble.

Everyone DIGG this story! I am tired out these articles getting buried before going on the front page. If we get 200 diggs it is very hard to bury it.

torchbearer
I see 52 Diggs...

Weird things going on at Digg.

njandrewg
Quite the opposite, the average contribution in Q1 was extremely high for Ron Paul, indicating exhausted donors due to the $2300 rule. Hopefully it will be lower this quarter.

Q1 noone heard of him. So the people who donated, were the people who were EXTREMELY knowledgeable of him. This quarter, I bet a lot of the money is coming from $20-$100 donors

kylejack
07-06-2007, 12:24 PM
Q1 noone heard of him. So the people who donated, were the people who were EXTREMELY knowledgeable of him. This quarter, I bet a lot of the money is coming from $20-$100 donors

Hopefully so, because that will allow for a steady pace. I just came off a period of unemployment, so I'm definitely on the low end of contributors.

Oddball
07-06-2007, 12:25 PM
This is good news. We need to stop whining and complaining that this isn't good enough.
Huzzah!!

Knock it off with all them negative waves!! :D

mconder
07-06-2007, 12:28 PM
I hope we can keep the momentum going. We are all going to have to dig deep to keep him going into next quarter.

remaxjon
07-06-2007, 12:29 PM
Weird things going on at Digg.

I was digg 76 so I wouldn't worry

Birdlady
Hmm...What happened to the 5+ million Dollars?

FMNN got themselves in trouble with this one imo. It gave people this false sense of security with donations, so people probably backed off.

LibertyCzar
But we're definitely in the big game now, whether the OM acknowledges that far and wide or not. We're playing with the big boys. Let's not compare our campaign to losers like McCain. Deep Pockets Romney. Let's talk about Obama. His strategy was to get as many donors, rather than dollars, as possible. He made out pretty well on both fronts.

Deep Pockets Romney. This guy just goes to show you cannot buy an election. This guy is so fake it's ridiculous. After all the commercials and time and money spent so far, this guy should at least be ahead of Fred Thompson, who isn't even in the race officially yet. EDIT: Romney, and McCain for that matter, is the perfect demonstration that money isn't everything, no matter how much the MSM wants us to believe it is.

But Obama is running as a Democrat, so I'm not worried about him yet. I'll let him and Clinton battle each other. Either way, that will be a wounded Democratic candidate in the general election. When those two aren't hurling at each other, John Edwards is hurling at them both. No matter the Democratic nominee, we can certainly compete against their socialist agenda.

DjLoTi
07-06-2007, 12:30 PM
You know what this means!!! KEEP DONATING!!!!!!

Noodles
07-06-2007, 12:30 PM
But there are more of us every day. The message went viral some time ago. The meetup numbers are exploding. The donations will follow.

LibertyCzar
07-06-2007, 12:35 PM
One more thing that I think we should all realize. Most people didn't know who Ron Paul was until the debates, which didn't happen until May. That being said, the month of April was handicapped a bit. If the debates had been in March or April instead, I bet the fundraising for the second quarter would have been higher. In essence, the second quarter was split in half: pre-debates and post-debates.

RPatTheBeach
07-06-2007, 12:39 PM
Nobody should be disappointed with the funding raised. If anything, these numbers are going to inspire more to donate, showing them that THERE IS HOPE! I know I will be quadrupling my donation this quarter, based on the result of Q2 funds raised.

MozoVote
07-06-2007, 12:41 PM
WTF? Digg was over 100 a minute ago, now it's down to 3. Digg must not beleive their own stats and reset it.

thomaspaine23
Diggs went from 99 to 3???
nm different submission

kylejack
WTF? Digg was over 100 a minute ago, now it's down to 3. Digg must not beleive their own stats and reset it.

Its just a bug. Everyone stop hyper-ventilating.

aknappjr
Can someone do a math breakdown and publish an estimated trajectory of donations based on some assumptions such as relatively more unknown in April and beginning of May? I spent an hour playing with a spreadsheet program but I don't know much about Excel. A graph would be great!

I suspect most of the donations came in June, and with this story they will ROLL upwards.

torchbearer
07-06-2007, 12:42 PM
I know their is a way to get this story to the front of digg by cashing in digg credits, does anyone know how to do that?

kylejack
07-06-2007, 12:43 PM
Can someone do a math breakdown and publish an estimated trajectory of donations based on some assumptions such as relatively more unknown in April and beginning of May? I spent an hour playing with a spreadsheet program but I don't know much about Excel. A graph would be great!

I suspect most of the donations came in June, and with this story they will ROLL upwards.

We don't have decent data yet. When we have the number of contributors and average contribution, it will be easier. Right now its all speculative due to the fact that donations are capped at $2300 and some people are thus tapped out.

Devil_rules_in_extremes
Nobody should be disappointed with the funding raised. If anything, these numbers are going to inspire more to donate, showing them that THERE IS HOPE! I know I will be quadrupling my donation this quarter, based on the result of Q2 funds raised.

My wife and I have given $142.76 to the RP campaign so far...

After seeing the Q2 numbers, you can bet we will quadruple our efforts also...

Lets make Q3 an explosive quarter!

Howard Dean's largest number of contributions came during Q3 also...

Trance Dance Master
It's awesome to know that he has $2.4MIL in cash on hand than he has raised. How much more than that does he have? Stay tuned to find out.

More suspense in this story than anything else on the news these days.

kylejack
07-06-2007, 12:46 PM
It's awesome to know that he has $2.4MIL in cash on hand than he has raised. How much more than that does he have? Stay tuned to find out.

More suspense in this story than anything else on the news these days.

2.4 million raised in Q2, 2.4 million currently on hand. Basically the Q1 money was spent.

RonPaulCult
07-06-2007, 12:50 PM
This is GREAT news. It's just going to keep growing and growing. I actually BELIEVE we can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mport1
07-06-2007, 12:51 PM
USA Today - http://blogs.usatoday.com/onpolitics/2007/07/ron-paul-says-h.html

aknappjr
07-06-2007, 12:52 PM
Why isn't this on the front of Digg? Is the blurb too biased?

maiki
07-06-2007, 12:53 PM
How good the numbers look will depend on what Huckabee raised, I think. Brownback raised 1.5 mil, T Thompson raised 1/2 mil, Tancredo probably raised somewhere in between. If RP raised more than Huckabee, he is set for being 3rd place until/if Fred announces. But if Huckabee raised more combined with higher poll numbers, the media will keep ignoring RP. So I'm curious what his numbers are. Then I will judge how happy I am with the q2 numbers.

Any leaks on other contestant's Q2 numbers?

LibertyCzar
07-06-2007, 12:53 PM
Imagine the 4th Quarter, if we tripled, and then doubled. That would be $15 million. :D

kern802
07-06-2007, 12:55 PM
Once again Ron Paul has turned lemons - less money raised than we had hoped - into lemonade - he has more cash on hand than one of the top-tier candidates!

Trance Dance Master
07-06-2007, 12:56 PM
Imagine the 4th Quarter, if we tripled, and then doubled. That would be $15 million. :D

For all we know, he could be at $15 million right now. The donations haven't all been tallied and transferred to "cash on hand" just yet. Nor will all the Q2 donations be tallied until 7/15.

MsDoodahs
07-06-2007, 12:56 PM

1:56pm central, it has 144 diggs. :)

BillyBeer
07-06-2007, 12:57 PM

Hes a Democrat, but he usually lets people answer questions and doesnt back them into a corner like Tim Russert. After the Hannity incident in South Carolina, I dont think Ron was going to give the scoop to Chris Wallace on Fox News Sunday.

LibertyEagle
07-06-2007, 12:57 PM
Yes, we can do it, but we're going to need to bring in a lot more people into this movement who can donate the 2300 max or close to it. We need LOTS of money for campaign commercials. We have also got to continue getting the word out about Dr. Paul's positions. It doesn't look like the MSM or even C-Span are going to assist us much in this effort, so it's up to us.

Note: Don't forget the effort going on right now to contact Iowa delegates. Please participate if you can.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=5537

kylejack
07-06-2007, 12:58 PM
For all we know, he could be at $15 million right now. The donations haven't all been tallied and transferred to "cash on hand" just yet. Nor will all the Q2 donations be tallied until 7/15.

Ron Paul is reporting what he raised in Q2. Its probably fairly accurate. Its probably already been tabulated.

Edit: Also, I'm getting pretty pissed off at these George Phillies ads. Who does this guy thing he is calling himself "the real campaign"?

mport1
07-06-2007, 12:58 PM
I really hope Huckabee didn't top us. That would be a huge blow.

LibertyEagle
07-06-2007, 12:59 PM

Dream on. :rolleyes:

LibertyEagle
07-06-2007, 01:00 PM
Also, I'm getting pretty pissed off at these George Phillies ads. Who does this guy thing he is calling himself "the real campaign"?

Thank you for saying that. Me too.

kylejack
07-06-2007, 01:00 PM
I really hope Huckabee didn't top us. That would be a huge blow.

I think he's our only competition among the second tier, especially now that he's stolen Ron Paul's Abolish The IRS plank.

And of course, F. Thompson will have us beat on money whenever he decides to enter the race.

kimosabi
07-06-2007, 01:01 PM
Ok, people, lets get this in perspective.

Ron Paul doesn't need anywhere near as much money as the other candidates, and do you want to know why.

Because we are all falling over ourselves to support him for free.

Do you think anyone would work in Ghouliani's campaign for free?

I don't think so.

The others have to buy votes, Ron Paul doesn't. This will make a huge difference.

If we could get some TV ad's though, I think this could make a real difference.

Or maybe a Ron Paul 2008 blimp or Ron Paul 2008 hot air balloons...

kylejack
07-06-2007, 01:01 PM
Thank you for saying that. Me too.

The other ad I saw said "The real Libertarian. Don't accept two party alternatives", clearly referring to Ron Paul. I'm going to contact the LP about this and threaten to never send them any money again if they don't put him on a leash.

Lord Xar
07-06-2007, 01:02 PM
So he earned 2.4 in Q2 and still has all of it on hand? is that right or does he did he get 4.8?

yeah, that is what seems to me.. an "equal" amount... so to me, that is a total of: 4.8 million.

richard1984
07-06-2007, 01:02 PM
I just wish they wouldn't call him "obscure." The report doesn't use the word, but the headline on the front page does. It just really annoys me. Dr. Paul doesn't deserve such abuse. All of the other candidates might--but not Dr. Paul.

LibertyEagle
07-06-2007, 01:03 PM
The other ad I saw said "The real Libertarian. Don't accept two party alternatives", clearly referring to Ron Paul. I'm going to contact the LP about this and threaten to never send them any money again if they don't put him on a leash.

I did that a few days ago. :) I was testy that day.

kylejack
07-06-2007, 01:05 PM
yeah, that is what seems to me.. an "equal" amount... so to me, that is a total of: 4.8 million.

No...this is not right. He raised 2.4 million, and he has 2.4 million on hand. This means that he spent the Q1 money and now has on hand what was collected in Q2. Its not 4.8 million.

LibertyEagle
07-06-2007, 01:05 PM

I wondered that at first, but I think it really means that he hasn't spent what he brought in this quarter. ie. he has all of the 2.4 million in the bank. He only brought in 640K the 1st quarter.

ThePieSwindler
07-06-2007, 01:06 PM
As long as Huckabee hasn't beaten Paul in donations, i'm happy with this number. Its not the number itself that matters, but the position among other candidates. If he is above all the 2nd tier AND McCain, then i consider this a resounding success. Dr. Paul does not need the money to fund the campaign because the grassroots nature of it gives him millions and millions of dollars worth of free support. It is the publicity and the credibility that is gained in being the top of the 2nd tier candidates, and even topping a 1st tier candidate, that truly matters.

thomaspaine23
07-06-2007, 01:06 PM
okay, the digg story went back to 6 diggs from multiple hundreds
nice bug..

micahnelson
07-06-2007, 01:07 PM
Did you notice we have Drudge? www.drudgereport.com

This is so very encouraging. Ride the bump. Lets support him through the debate and win Ames!

jcbraithwaite7
07-06-2007, 01:07 PM
I have dontated $200 to the campaign and plan to donate more. However I know for a fact that those of us involved in a meetup group have pitched in so much more.

Our leader of the meetup group donated $120 to rent a booth in front of city hall for the fireworks.

I pitched in:
1000 balloons with Ron Paul on them $134 + fed ex shipping
Rented a helium tank $99
140 bumper stickers for $35
1000 freedom cards $50
10 Ron Paul freedom braclets $5 each
48 dozen mini flags and avery labels to go on them, huge uncle sam and decorations for the booth $75
30 Ron Paul t-shirts $320
50 Freedom to Facism DVDs $60.50
30 Ron Paul DVD's $30

Other members printed awesome banners to cover the booth and printed tri-folds and other materials. Another member threw in $100 to the fund at the event.

Another meetup leader bought 1000 yard signs and shared some with me and plastered Clearwater, FL.

I know that official dollars are important but we all know that the other campaigns don't have people doing the things we are doing.

So officially I donated $200 but have spent nearly $900 additional in Ron Paul stuff and supplies. I'm not bragging about what I have done... I just want everyone to stay positive about the numbers! Behind every donation is tons of additional support. That is priceless!

BillyBeer
07-06-2007, 01:09 PM
I wondered that at first, but I think it really means that he hasn't spent what he brought in this quarter. ie. he has all of the 2.4 million in the bank. He only brought in 640K the 1st quarter.

He stated on This Week that the amount raised was 4 times what was raised in Q1. So its 2.4 million. If Ron can tap his donor base and raise $10 million by the New Hampshire primary he'll be in a good position. Remember, hes not burning through cash like his rivals.

jd603
07-06-2007, 01:10 PM
he's not "vaulting towards" top-tier, he is IN the top-tier in terms of money raised. :)

Great work people!

mport1
07-06-2007, 01:11 PM

The LP needs to continue its advertising since if RP doesn't get the nomination and drops out the LP is our only hope for liberty. Besides, the LP is not in charge of George and he should be able to do what he wants.

kylejack
07-06-2007, 01:13 PM
The LP needs to continue its advertising since if RP doesn't get the nomination and drops out the LP is our only hope for liberty. Besides, the LP is not in charge of George and he should be able to do what he wants.

I don't care if they promote him, but when they take deliberate stabs at Ron Paul like this, that ticks me off. He has a right to freedom of speech, but the LP can still put pressure on him to tone down the anti-Ron Paul rhetoric.

Lord Xar
We also need to consider that the amount raised is VIRTUALLY all on a grassroots level.

I know alot of us are dissappointed by the numbers but remember, this is ALL us. Those other 'campainers' on both sides have big corporations behind them, tons of media. This is ALL homegrown support. Very impressive. I think it will just get bigger and bigger....

Silverback
I've still got $2275 left to donate.

I've spent FAR more money on the campaign than I've donated, I bet many of us have. It'd be good if there was a bigger number to impress the MSM but this isn't bad news at all. $1 for Ron is like $10 or maybe more for anybody else, not just because he's fiscally responsible but because this isn't a traditional campaign, where all the money gets sent to washington and then gets wasted on beurocracy. That's not us, that's what we're running against in the first place.

Look at what we've accomplished with half a million or so in official spending.

Trance Dance Master
Ron Paul is reporting what he raised in Q2. Its probably fairly accurate. Its probably already been tabulated.

Edit: Also, I'm getting pretty pissed off at these George Phillies ads. Who does this guy thing he is calling himself "the real campaign"?

$2.4MIL has already been tabulated and transferred to cash on hand. The total raised in Q2 will not be tabulated and released until 7/15. If you donate today or anytime during the next week, what you donate will still count towards Q2 so it is impossible to have a final tally.

Ron Paul noticed the figure that McCain put out, and gave the scoop to George S that he had more. Nobody knows how much more just yet.

mport1
07-06-2007, 01:14 PM
Drudge is huge news!

angrydragon
07-06-2007, 01:15 PM

If the number is 2.4 million, that's about (avg) 70 dollars per donation.

If Ron Paul had the same number of supporters who donated as Obama (100,000+), that would be 7 million. (what's the average for Obama? 25 dollars?)

So I think it's pretty good, considering the small amount of press Ron Paul gets.

kylejack
07-06-2007, 01:16 PM
$2.4MIL has already been tabulated and transferred to cash on hand. The total raised in Q2 will not be tabulated and released until 7/15. If you donate today or anytime during the next week, what you donate will still count towards Q2 so it is impossible to have a final tally.

Ron Paul noticed the figure that McCain put out, and gave the scoop to George S that he had more. Nobody knows how much more just yet.

You're so misinformed it hurts. Q2 ended 6/30.

Liberty
Come on everybody. These are not disappointing results! Granted it is always nicer to have more than less, but put this in perspective. We have a solid base of volunteers that no other candidate has. We have the most frugal candidate. $100 raised for Ron Paul is probably the same as $1000 raised for "Trudy" Guiliani. Look at what happened when McCain overspent. When you take out Romney's loans he only has $1 million more than Ron Paul. And finally we have the best message. This is fantastic!

Who is hosting the Republican Presidential Forum in Des Moines, IA on August 5? :)

MozoVote
So officially I donated $200 but have spent nearly $900 additional in Ron Paul stuff and supplies. I'm not bragging about what I have done... I just want everyone to stay positive about the numbers! Behind every donation is tons of additional support. That is priceless!

Imagine that post "DIGGed" :)

LibertyEagle
07-06-2007, 01:20 PM
It'd be good if there was a bigger number to impress the MSM but this isn't bad news at all. $1 for Ron is like $10 or maybe more for anybody else, not just because he's fiscally responsible but because this isn't a traditional campaign, where all the money gets sent to washington and then gets wasted on beurocracy. That's not us, that's what we're running against in the first place.

Yes, but MSM campaign commercials cost the same, whether you are frugal or not.

kylejack
07-06-2007, 01:22 PM

Right, and those are going to be critical for getting all those non-internet types who haven't even heard of Ron Paul yet.

osofaux
07-06-2007, 01:22 PM
He's on the USA Today main page now

LibertyEagle
07-06-2007, 01:23 PM

No it won't. The cutoff for inclusion in Q2 was 6/30. That is not a reason not to contribute today, but it will not be included in Q2 numbers.

Jeremie in Minnesota
07-06-2007, 01:24 PM
What is it with people in forums being so pessimistic?

The headline:

"Ron Paul with more cash on hand than John McCain"

-- is infinitely more valuable than the actual amount of cash on hand he has.

Devil_rules_in_extremes
07-06-2007, 01:25 PM

He's on the front page of ABC news, USA Today, and DrudgeReport.com

This is good stuff.

More media will eventually pick up on this as the story heats up.

Trance Dance Master
07-06-2007, 01:25 PM
No it won't. The cutoff for inclusion in Q2 was 6/30. That is not a reason not to contribute today, but it will not be included in Q2 numbers.

Do you have any links to support this assertion?

Jeremie in Minnesota
07-06-2007, 01:26 PM

So HUGE!!!!!!!!

Jeremie in Minnesota

This is good stuff.

HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE!!!!!

Silverback
Right, and those are going to be critical for getting all those non-internet types who haven't even heard of Ron Paul yet.

Yeah, but it's early for that. When the time comes for MSM commercials the money will be there if we keep it up. We DO need to do better, but there's no need to get discouraged.

Jeremie in Minnesota
07-06-2007, 01:28 PM

This is good stuff.

Let's see if Murdoch and Turner pick it up.

LibertyEagle
07-06-2007, 01:28 PM
Come on everybody. These are not disappointing results! Granted it is always nicer to have more than less, but put this in perspective. We have a solid base of volunteers that no other candidate has. We have the most frugal candidate. $100 raised for Ron Paul is probably the same as $1000 raised for "Trudy" Guiliani. Look at what happened when McCain overspent. When you take out Romney's loans he only has $1 million more than Ron Paul. And finally we have the best message. This is fantastic! [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Ron Paul could be the 2nd coming, however, if people are not aware of him and his message, it won't really matter. People know who Guiliani and Romney are. They do not know who Ron Paul is and why he is so wonderful.

I'm only saying this, because somehow we're going to have to do better. His message is not going to be spread by osmosis, or solely on the internet. I'm going to focus on calling the Iowa delegates, because that is something tangible I can do. Please join me if you can.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=5537

kalami
07-06-2007, 01:29 PM

That's good, but in the article they note he's still lacking the polls. They link to their own polls which shows Ron Paul being more popular in April than he is today, which is clearly the reverse. Sad.

wbbgjr
07-06-2007, 01:30 PM
Guys, visit www.usatoday.com

Visit Ron Paul articles to encourage the mainstream media in posting them!

Devil_rules_in_extremes
07-06-2007, 01:31 PM

We will see. I'm extremely happy Drudge picked up on this...

I check his page frequently. I like the spin he puts on the news.

It's better than the Fox spin, or the New York Times spin.

kylejack
07-06-2007, 01:33 PM

Hahahaha

Research it yourself. Q2 ENDED ON 6/30. It is a fact. Do you know what a quarter is?

Q1: January February March
Q2: April May June

July 15th is just the required reporting date for April May June.

Spirit of '76
07-06-2007, 01:36 PM
His message is not going to be spread by osmosis, or solely on the internet.

Speaking of which, I need some help here:
http://ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=5821

Jeremie in Minnesota
07-06-2007, 01:38 PM
Hahahaha

Research it yourself. Q2 ENDED ON 6/30. It is a fact. Do you know what a quarter is?

Yeah, he is right, not sure what leg you're standing on in this argument. Regardless...good news today!!!!!

MozoVote
07-06-2007, 01:39 PM

MSM commercials are more expenseive for a candidate that raises money late in the season. Earlier reservations of airtime cost less.

Trance Dance Master
07-06-2007, 01:39 PM
I bet the $2.4MIL figure is what he raised on the date of 6/30 ALONE! I was there in Iowa that day, I was an usher. I saw the envelopes and how many people were there. 1,000 people X $2,300 each = $2.3MIL.

I bet that when the final Ron Paul Q2 donation tally is released on 7/15, it will be over $15MIL. In fact, I'll bet 2:1 odds to 5 people here that it will be more than $15MIL. I'll even bet 3:1 odds that the tally will be more than $30MIL to anyone who is willing to make $3 by putting up $1 if they do so within the next hour, limited to 3 takers.

My e-gold account is 2283869. I'll refund the payment to anyone who takes up the offer beyond the first 3 if they do show up within the next hour, and to any takers on the bet afterwards beyond 5. PM me if you're interested, I'll update on this thread if I get takers.

torchbearer
07-06-2007, 01:40 PM

The LP cannot and will not restrict someone from doing what is their right to do... What you suggest the LP do is no different the Saul Azusi, Failor, Beltram... IT is an ad. click on it. the forum gets paid.
I met Phillies, he is a bore. I don't like him... but i'm not going to demand he stop buying ads on google. That is his right. We should tolerate it.

Trance Dance Master
07-06-2007, 01:41 PM
Hahahaha

I've had a government job before. I know about extensions. No links=no support for your assertion.

Spirit of '76
07-06-2007, 01:41 PM
I bet the $2.4MIL figure is what he raised on the date of 6/30 ALONE! I was there in Iowa that day, I was an usher. I saw the envelopes and how many people were there. 1,000 people X $2,300 each = $2.3MIL.

I bet that when the final Ron Paul Q2 donation tally is released on 7/15, it will be over $15MIL. In fact, I'll bet 2:1 odds to 5 people here that it will be more than $15MIL. I'll even bet 3:1 odds that the tally will be more than $30MIL to anyone who is willing to make $3 by putting up $1 if they do so within the next hour, limited to 3 takers.

My e-gold account is 2283869. I'll refund the payment to anyone who takes up the offer beyond the first 3 if they do show up within the next hour, and to any takers on the bet afterwards beyond 5. PM me if you're interested, I'll update on this thread if I get takers.

Dude, can I have some of what you're smokin'?

kylejack
07-06-2007, 01:42 PM

I'll take that bet, but we'll settle it after the numbers are released. I'm not going to transmit money to you on a bet that you are surely going to lose. How much do you want to bet?

torchbearer
07-06-2007, 01:42 PM
I don't care if they promote him, but when they take deliberate stabs at Ron Paul like this, that ticks me off. He has a right to freedom of speech, but the LP can still put pressure on him to tone down the anti-Ron Paul rhetoric.

The LP isn't promotie George Phillies. George Phillies is promoting George Phillies. Lets get our facts straight before accusing the LP of underminding Ron Paul. The LP supports Ron Paul in the way Ron Paul wants us to support him. Silently, but through meet-ups.

kylejack
07-06-2007, 01:43 PM
The LP isn't promotie George Phillies. George Phillies is promoting George Phillies. Lets get our facts straight before accusing the LP of underminding Ron Paul. The LP supports Ron Paul in the way Ron Paul wants us to support him. Silently, but through meet-ups.

Let me state this again: If the LP doesn't ask George Phillies to tone down his rhetoric, they're not getting any more money from me. I didn't say they were running the ads.

torchbearer
07-06-2007, 01:43 PM

http://www.fec.gov

torchbearer
07-06-2007, 01:44 PM

This is good stuff.

Grassfire anyone? Viral anyone? YEs. and Yes.

Trance Dance Master
07-06-2007, 01:45 PM
Dude, can I have some of what you're smokin'?
Well, the $3 isn't quite enough to get you a pouch of Natural American Spirit Organic tobacco, but it well get you some Tops or Bugler if you're interested in spending what you win on the bet that way, provided that you win of course, which you won't. The official numbers for Q2 are going to be way bigger than the scoop that Ron Paul released.

kylejack
07-06-2007, 01:47 PM
Well, the $3 isn't quite enough to get you a pouch of Natural American Spirit Organic tobacco, but it well get you some Tops or Bugler if you're interested in spending what you win on the bet that way, provided that you win of course, which you won't. The official numbers for Q2 are going to be way bigger than the scoop that Ron Paul released.

I'll bet $1000 with you that RP will not collect more than $15 million in Q2 of this year. So that pays $3000 when I win, right?

torchbearer
07-06-2007, 01:47 PM
Let me state this again: If the LP doesn't ask George Phillies to tone down his rhetoric, they're not getting any more money from me. I didn't say they were running the ads.

Perhaps you missed this post because of the fast moving thread..here it is again... "The LP cannot and will not restrict someone from doing what is their right to do... What you suggest the LP do is no different than Saul Azusi, Failor, Beltram... IT is an ad. click on it. the forum gets paid.
I met Phillies, he is a bore. I don't like him... but i'm not going to demand he stop buying ads on google. That is his right. We should tolerate it."

Trance Dance Master
07-06-2007, 01:48 PM
I'll bet $1000 with you that RP will not collect more than $15 million in Q2 of this year. So that pays $3000 when I win, right?

Nope. Bet size is limited to $1 to my $3, paid via e-gold.

LibertyEagle
http://ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=5821

Send a PM to Bradley. I think he's the resident expert on this.

mport1

How much money are you willing to bet? I'll donate a good portion of my proceeds to Ron Paul :)

kylejack
Perhaps you missed this post because of the fast moving thread..here it is again... "The LP cannot and will not restrict someone from doing what is their right to do... What you suggest the LP do is no different than Saul Azusi, Failor, Beltram... IT is an ad. click on it. the forum gets paid.
I met Phillies, he is a bore. I don't like him... but i'm not going to demand he stop buying ads on google. That is his right. We should tolerate it."

Or, we can criticize it. Yes, I'll do that.

kylejack
07-06-2007, 01:49 PM
Nope. Bet size is limited to $1 to my $3, paid via e-gold.

I don't have an e-gold account...how easy is it to get one? And I accept your bet. Don't disappear, now! We'll need to speak on 7/16.

torchbearer
07-06-2007, 01:50 PM
Or, we can criticize it. Yes, I'll do that.

Fair Enough. Just don't blame the LP, they have no power to do what you are asking of them.

LibertyEagle
07-06-2007, 01:50 PM
I've had a government job before. I know about extensions. No links=no support for your assertion.

It's been all over the news for the last couple of weeks. You really don't want to go there, it's just making you look foolish.

kylejack
07-06-2007, 01:51 PM
Fair Enough. Just don't blame the LP, they have no power to do what you are asking of them.

Whether or not I continue to contribute to the LP is just as much a freedom of exercise issue as George Phillies posting these ads.

aravoth
07-06-2007, 01:51 PM
I don't care if it's 2.4 mil, RP has a larger grassroots group of maniacs making flyers, spreading the word, posting videos, than all the other canidates on either side combined. Shit, one of my vids started popping up all over the blogesphere. No other canidate can buy that kind of exposure. Regardless of what they say, I've converted dozens with just word of mouth, and probably thousands with a few simple videos on the internet. q3 numbers will be considerably higher.

torchbearer
07-06-2007, 01:53 PM
Whether or not I continue to contribute to the LP is just as much a freedom of exercise issue as George Phillies posting these ads.

I never said you didn't have that right. I'm just defending the honor of an organization I belong to... and know that the LP supports ron paul. Your words could divide us from within... just keep that in consideration.
And yes, pull your money from the LP... give it to Ron Paul. we are on the same page with that one.

Trance Dance Master
It's been all over the news for the last couple of weeks. You really don't want to go there, it's just making you look foolish.
What specifically has been over the news? How do you know that I don't want to go there? Why should I be afraid of looking foolish for asking questions?

jd603
Exactly, waiting to see if they take their heads out of their A's. :D

walt

How many dog carriers does that buy? :D

kylejack
07-06-2007, 01:57 PM
Trance isn't willing to make a bet unless I transmit money to him, so no bet I guess. He wants something unbalanced, I guess so he can take my money no matter what happens.

I guess he's not too sure of himself, since he's only willing to bet $1 vs. $3 and not a few hundred or a thousand.

mport1
07-06-2007, 01:58 PM
Come on CNN and Fox! Pick this up!

Spirit of '76
07-06-2007, 01:58 PM

15 million? 30 million?

Let's be realistic here... :cool:

Spirit of '76
07-06-2007, 01:59 PM
http://ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=582

Thanks. Will do. :)

IRO-bot
07-06-2007, 01:59 PM
I just paid my $1250 mortgage. Flat broke. But I threw another 25 bones to Ron Paul. I guess I'll have to cut out some driving this week. Whatever. My freedom has no pricetag. It's just Fiat money anyways right?

Trance Dance Master
07-06-2007, 02:00 PM
15 million? 30 million?

Let's be realistic here... :cool:

Romney said what, $18MIL? RP did how much better in those online post-debate polls?

Dave
07-06-2007, 02:01 PM
Who is hosting the Republican Presidential Forum in Des Moines, IA on August 5? :)

For those who don't know, the answer is ABC and George Stephanopoulos. This is the next scheduled GOP debate and will be on a Sunday morning for live broadcast on 'This Week with GS' and broadcast from Drake University.

Ron Paul and the people running his campaign are brilliant.

Spirit of '76
07-06-2007, 02:01 PM
Shit, one of my vids started popping up all over the blogesphere. No other canidate can buy that kind of exposure. Regardless of what they say, I've converted dozens with just word of mouth, and probably thousands with a few simple videos on the internet.

You make some great videos, man. Can we expect to see more?

nayjevin
07-06-2007, 02:02 PM
http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/4809/cagematchofficalscaleribv4.jpg

CAGEMATCH!!!!

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

ONLY ONE MAN WILL SURVIVE

LibertyEagle
07-06-2007, 02:02 PM
What specifically has been over the news? How do you know that I don't want to go there? Why should I be afraid of looking foolish for asking questions?

I dunno. Because you are wrong, yet you keep pushing the ridiculous assertion that he has many times what he actually has?

"Quarterly reports cover the calendar quarters and are due on April 15, July 15, October 15 and January 31."

http://www.fec.gov/ans/answers_filing.shtml#whendue

Can I get a filing extension?

No. The Commission does not have statutory authority to extend any filing deadlines. All reports and other filings are due on or before the established filing deadline.

JULY QUARTERLY/MONTHLY REPORT NOTICE
04/01/07 - 06/30/07

http://www.fec.gov/pages/report_notices/2007/prezq2.shtml

Trance Dance Master
07-06-2007, 02:04 PM
Trance isn't willing to make a bet unless I transmit money to him, so no bet I guess. He wants something unbalanced, I guess so he can take my money no matter what happens.

I guess he's not too sure of himself, since he's only willing to bet $1 vs. $3 and not a few hundred or a thousand.

Everyone here could figure out the terms when I first posted them. However, you alone had to have them restated to you half a dozen times. I supposed you aren't familiar with e-gold betting.

kylejack
07-06-2007, 02:05 PM
Everyone here could figure out the terms when I first posted them. However, you alone had to have them restated to you half a dozen times. I supposed you aren't familiar with e-gold betting.

You're going to be the laughing stock when the numbers are posted, man. I've tried several times to hit you with the clue stick, as has Liberty Eagle, but you're just not receptive to things like reality.

j650
07-06-2007, 02:06 PM
Ron Paul mocks John McCain. I think this was at the DC Rally when he did the interview for Stephanopoulos if I'm not mistaken.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rph0wVwLLk&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ereason%2Ecom%2Fblog%2Fshow %2F121247%2Ehtml

ARealConservative
07-06-2007, 02:09 PM

You need to drop this bet

I was also in Des Moines - and although I wasn't an usher - I was one of the people whos name was called and was asked to stand up in front of the crowd for recognition.

First off all - only a fraction of those in attendence gave money. And of those that did, very few gave the max amount - if any at all.

We need to accept that 2.4 million on hand is the number.

4Horsemen
07-06-2007, 02:14 PM
For the people who are disappointed: you need to reassess why you’re here. If you can’t see the positive aspects of this campaign then maybe you need to leave, better yet, don’t let the door it you in ass. RP just beat out one of the most well known political candidates in this country. Most people in this country haven’t heard of RP, or even paying attention to the political process ----- yet. Your negative attitude isn’t appreciated by anybody, nor helping the cause. :rolleyes:

torchbearer
07-06-2007, 02:14 PM
Anyone notice how many comments this story is getting?

RPatTheBeach
07-06-2007, 02:15 PM
You're going to be the laughing stock when the numbers are posted, man. I've tried several times to hit you with the clue stick, as has Liberty Eagle, but you're just not receptive to things like reality.

Actually, anybody that actually 'bets' him is going to be the laughing stock, when Trance loses the bet, and disappears from the internet with all of the others money. Is everyone missing the 'scam' message this bet has as its face value?

LibertyEagle
07-06-2007, 02:15 PM
For the people who are disappointed: you need to reassess why you’re here. If you can’t see the positive aspects of this campaign then maybe you need to leave, better yet, don’t let the door it you in ass. RP just beat out one of the most well known political candidates in this country. Most people in this country haven’t heard of RP, or even paying attention to the political process ----- yet. Your negative attitude isn’t appreciated by anybody, nor helping the cause. :rolleyes:

Nor is your high-handed, holier-than-thou attitude. :rolleyes:

kylejack
07-06-2007, 02:16 PM
Actually, anybody that actually 'bets' him is going to be the laughing stock, when Trance loses the bet, and disappears from the internet with all of the others money. Is everyone missing the 'scam' message this bet has as its face value?

I agree, which is why I didn't agree to his insane terms.

LibertyEagle
07-06-2007, 02:18 PM

You're right, Torch. Sorry.

wizardwatson
07-06-2007, 02:20 PM
And with the good news come the hit pieces:

http://www.capitolhillblue.com/cont/node/2861

AZ Libertarian
07-06-2007, 02:22 PM

We are running a CAMPAIGN OF A DIFFERENT COLOR!

Ease your dissapointment with THESE numbers;

Look what's happening with Ron Paul 2008 Meetups!

14,873 Ron Paul Supporters in 425 Groups from 387 Cities
…and 3,415 more waiting to hear when a new Meetup starts!

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/

That's worth MORE than money - hell it IS money - money at the grass-roots level being spent directly on the campaign! You look at any other candidate arriving somewhere to speak to a group of some sort. Maybe 10 to 15 people tops. Look at Ron arriving at Phoenix Sky Harbor - greeted by 150+ avid supporters!

Chin up bunky - we're gonna WIN!

torchbearer
07-06-2007, 02:23 PM
Video Clip of ABC report on Ron Paul
http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=3352795

Should I make a new thread for the video?

torchbearer
07-06-2007, 02:24 PM
He did very good in that news clip.

Trance Dance Master
07-06-2007, 02:25 PM
We need to accept that 2.4 million on hand is the number.
I accept nothing until 7/15. The official fec site even says the deadline for the period isn't until then.

QUARTERLY FILERS

REPORTING PERIOD 1 REG./CERT. & OVERNIGHT
MAILING DEADLINE
FILING DEADLINE
July Quarterly 04/01/07 - 06/30/07 07/15/07 07/15/07

Whatever is handed in on 7/15 counts for Q2. The tallies haven't been totaled yet. There's nothing these links that say that donations that came in during the last 2 weeks can't be counted until the next filing.

Why do you think the ronpaul2008 website is pushing a donation drive goal date of 7/15? It makes sense. They could have started the drive a long time ago with no goal date in mind, but since Ron Paul has said on record that thousands of dollars in donations are coming in each day, it would only take $3000 a day from the time the drive started to reach the goal.

Unfortunately, not too many people here are big on math it seems. People prefer to "not look foolish" than to think for themself. It's a shame.

kylejack
07-06-2007, 02:27 PM
I accept nothing until 7/15. The official fec site even says the deadline for the period isn't until then.

QUARTERLY FILERS

MAILING DEADLINE
FILING DEADLINE

Whatever is handed in on 7/15 counts for Q2. The tallies haven't been totaled yet. There's nothing these links that say that donations that came in during the last 2 weeks can't be counted until the next filing.

Why do you think the ronpaul2008 website is pushing a donation drive goal date of 7/15? It makes sense. They could have started the drive a long time ago with no goal date in mind, but since Ron Paul has said on record that thousands of dollars in donations are coming in each day, it would only take $3000 a day from the time the drive started to reach the goal.

Unfortunately, not too many people here are big on math it seems. People prefer to "not look foolish" than to think for themself. It's a shame.
Your own link states that the period is 04/01/07 - 06/30/07. You even pasted that period here.

Trance Dance Master
07-06-2007, 02:34 PM
The money doesn't always disappear. Ponzi schemes last a very long time, just look at the Federal Reserve for instance. If you ask me, the sign on Ron Paul's desk ought to read, "Don't steal, the Federal Reserve hates competition". However, that would only make sense to the people who understand our money system, which is a much smaller percentage of the population relative to the number of people who submit to the fraudulent income tax.

Here's the Alexa ratings for the most popular online e-gold Ponzi scheme ever, 12dailypro.com

http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details?q=&url=http://www.12dailypro.com/?ref=169444

During it's peak in January '06 prior to the government shutting them down, it reached over .3% of the internet community. When Ron Paul says he wants to legalize competition with the Federal Reserve, he is well aware that Ponzi schemes aren't going to go away.

I made hundreds before it shut down. Many made thousands and even tens of thousands.

dude58677
07-06-2007, 02:35 PM
John McCain is the Bill Buckner of politics while Ron Paul is the Mookie Wilson of politics.

"BEHIND THE BAG, it get's through Buckner" Curt Gowdy

Trance Dance Master
07-06-2007, 02:35 PM
Your own link states that the period is 04/01/07 - 06/30/07. You even pasted that period here.

That's the period - the deadline for the period is 2 weeks later, which means it's included.

kylejack
07-06-2007, 02:36 PM
That's the period - the deadline for the period is 2 weeks later, which means it's included.

No, that's when the numbers for until 6/30 have to be filed by. That same link shows that the October period is reported from 7/01 - 9/30.

dude58677
07-06-2007, 02:37 PM
USA Today reports Ron Paul has more then John McCain:

http://blogs.usatoday.com/onpolitics/2007/07/ron-paul-says-h.html

remaxjon
07-06-2007, 02:39 PM
just wanted to say to Ed Failor hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahaha hahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahhahaha your an ass

LibertyEagle
07-06-2007, 02:39 PM

QUARTERLY FILERS

MAILING DEADLINE
FILING DEADLINE

YOU ARE WRONG! I posted this for you, but I guess you chose not to read it.

Please read it and stop pushing this fantasy of yours.

The cutoff date is 6/30. The mailing deadline is 7/15. You know, so they have time to finish tabulating the numbers. But the cutoff is 6/30 for inclusion in the reporting period.

ScotTX
07-06-2007, 02:44 PM
Video clip from the interview this morning:

Dary
07-06-2007, 02:46 PM
Its on CNN

fedup100
07-06-2007, 02:47 PM
Wow!! I am so impressed!!! Now some Ross Perot infomercials please.

dude58677
07-06-2007, 02:47 PM

Excellent!

rich34
07-06-2007, 02:48 PM
For those who don't know, the answer is ABC and George Stephanopoulos. This is the next scheduled GOP debate and will be on a Sunday morning for live broadcast on 'This Week with GS' and broadcast from Drake University.

Ron Paul and the people running his campaign are brilliant.

I wonder if George will help Ron get a better seat on stage?:D

j650
07-06-2007, 02:50 PM
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

aknappjr
07-06-2007, 02:57 PM
http://www.digg.com/2008_us_elections/ABC_News_Ron_Paul_Tops_McCain_in_Cash_on_Hand

ChooseLiberty
07-06-2007, 02:57 PM
Great news!

MOMENTUM! :D

Original_Intent
07-06-2007, 03:03 PM

That looks to be a GREAT interview. I may start disliking Snufflupagus less after this!

jorger
07-06-2007, 03:07 PM
great news folks, lets keep it up.

WE THE PEOPLE will be heard.

Ron Paul R[evoL]ution!
Ron Paul 2008!

kylejack
07-06-2007, 03:07 PM
2.66 million viewers.

NBC’s “Meet the Press” was again first among Sunday morning shows in total viewers, bringing in 3.32 million, and among adults 25-54 with a 0.9 rating. CBS’s “Face the Nation” was second in viewers with 2.72 million and second among 25-54s with a 0.8 rating, followed by ABC’s “This Week with George Stephanopoulos” with 2.66 million and a 0.7, and Fox “News Sunday” in fourth place with 1.2 million and a 0.4 among adults 25-54.
http://www.medialifemagazine.com/artman/publish/article_12294.asp

Now let's get him on the bigger shows, like Meet the Press and Face the Nation.

FreedomLover
07-06-2007, 03:12 PM
The MSM is starting to take notice.

We have the momentum now, lets take this news and put it into hyperdrive. Victory is not only possible, but if we truly believe in liberty and the pursuit of happiness, its inevitable. Keep donating, keep volunteering. I know I will be.

Ron Paul is common sense personified.

Trance Dance Master
07-06-2007, 03:25 PM
YOU ARE WRONG! I posted this for you, but I guess you chose not to read it.

Please read it and stop pushing this fantasy of yours.

The cutoff date is 6/30. The mailing deadline is 7/15. You know, so they have time to finish tabulating the numbers. But the cutoff is 6/30 for inclusion in the reporting period.
OK, if what you say is true, then why did the ronpaul2008.com site decide to launch a fundraising drive from 6/27-7/15 to raise $54,000 if Ron Paul himself said they are raising thousands a day, not tens of thousands a day? Wouldn't it be best to launch the drive so that the final day of the drive would be the final date for the quarter? I assert that that is exactly what they did, knowing full well that they already had the $54K for the new office but decided to delay the move to launch the drive in way that best proved they needed more funds.

Also, if you sent a check in today via priority mail and it arrived on Wed, 7/11 but you dated the check 6/1, nobody would know the difference. You don't have to submit postmarked envelopes to the FEC.

Or, lets say you mailed out a check on 6/1 but dated it 7/6 and it couldn't be cashed until today. That would still count for Q2 as well.

The figures haven't been tallied yet. Face it.

Devil_rules_in_extremes
07-06-2007, 03:29 PM
OK, if what you say is true, then why did the ronpaul2008.com site decide to launch a fundraising drive from 6/27-7/15 to raise $54,000 if Ron Paul himself said they are raising thousands a day, not tens of thousands a day? Wouldn't it be best to launch the drive so that the final day of the drive would be the final date for the quarter? I assert that that is exactly what they did, knowing full well that they already had the $54K for the new office but decided to delay the move to launch the drive in way that best proved they needed more funds.

Also, if you sent a check in today via priority mail and it arrived on Wed, 7/11 but you dated the check 6/1, nobody would know the difference. You don't have to submit postmarked envelopes to the FEC.

Or, lets say you mailed out a check on 6/1 but dated it 7/6 and it couldn't be cashed until today. That would still count for Q2 as well.

Just to chime in. I think your wrong TDM... The quarter ended on June 30. The FEC gives a campaign 15 days to gather up all their info and report it. Thats it. Its that simple.

But WHO CARES? We will all find out final numbers of EVERY CANDIDATE July 15. All info, will be final on that date. So we all should wait till then to know OFFICIAL numbers, and quit arguing about it.

angelatc
07-06-2007, 03:31 PM
Ron Paul is common sense personified.

That's why they can't let him talk.
They need us to think that the world is so complicated and confused that their intricate complicated plans are necessary for our mere survival. Why should we trust the government is the solutions are as simple as Ron Paul says they are?

ARealConservative
07-06-2007, 03:33 PM

sorry - I'm dissapointed.

you want me to leave now? Should I disband the meetup groups I organize as well?

Maybe I should stop handing out info too?

Dustancostine
07-06-2007, 03:34 PM
2.66 million viewers.

http://www.medialifemagazine.com/artman/publish/article_12294.asp

Now let's get him on the bigger shows, like Meet the Press and Face the Nation.

Better yet what is going to happen when we all tune in and ABC is rated the highest this Sunday? I bet msm will start to beg him to come onto their show, at least I hope so.

MsDoodahs
07-06-2007, 03:35 PM
just wanted to say to Ed Failor hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahaha hahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahhahaha your an ass

remaxjon you cracked me up!

ChooseLiberty
07-06-2007, 03:36 PM
Every week it seems like Dr. Paul has a better chance of being elected.

Just waiting for Ghouliani to say something hugely stupid (which he will) and Thompson to declare so he can get blasted.

If Thompson were in the race now it would be fantastic since Ghouliani and he could hack at each other as the front runners. The GOP strategists are too good to allow that to happen yet though. It's coming soon enough.

Trance Dance Master
07-06-2007, 03:42 PM
Just to chime in. I think your wrong TDM... The quarter ended on June 30. The FEC gives a campaign 15 days to gather up all their info and report it. Thats it. Its that simple.

But WHO CARES? We will all find out final numbers of EVERY CANDIDATE July 15. All info, will be final on that date. So we all should wait till then to know OFFICIAL numbers, and quit arguing about it.

It should also be noted that they can't really check if the money came in before or after 6/30. If they got the money and a name to go with it, it's still good.

Ava
07-06-2007, 03:44 PM

Just waiting for Ghouliani to say something hugely stupid (which he will) and Thompson to declare so he can get blasted.

If Thompson were in the race now it would be fantastic since Ghouliani and he could hack at each other as the front runners. The GOP strategists are too good to allow that to happen yet though. It's coming soon enough.

I have yet to hear Rudy say anything sensible. I think we are all waiting for him to say something that is not stupid. I don't think Fred will run. It seems clear that a pro-war establishment candidate cannot possibly win. I imagine Fred's ego won't let him run unless there is a real chance for him to win, and there isn't.

Ron Paul is the best hope for America, and the only hope for the Republicans.

atilla
07-06-2007, 03:47 PM

with so many of the republican primaries being winner take all, it should be good for ron paul to have fred thompson join the race and mccain stay in. they will split up the neocon/cfr/trilateralist/bohemian grove/skull and bones vote allowing ron paul to win with a handful of new votors.

Ava
07-06-2007, 03:50 PM
It should also be noted that they can't really check if the money came in before or after 6/30. If they got the money and a name to go with it, it's still good.

I don't know this for a fact. I imagine that they have to report the numbers exactly as they are at the end of the period independent of any backdated checks (I assume they would simply go into the next period). Note that Obama reported his numbers hours after the period ended. It seems like he should have waited, if the period doesn't end before the filing deadline? I'm pretty sure the period ends on the final day of the period, and not on the filing deadline. Otherwise, they would probably call the filing deadline, the end of the period.

richard1984
07-06-2007, 03:52 PM
There sure are some moody, sensitive people on this forum. They need some composure. It doesn't help anything to lash out. Too many people have a personal interaction policy that is very similar to the Bush administration's foreign policy.

People need to chill out and to use some manners. There is no place in intellectual, philosophical arguments for shallow, personal attacks and language like this:

Or maybe you should shut your fucking trap?

You call yourself "ARealConservative," but you've got the temper of a neoconservative like Bill O'Reilly. Anyway, this forum is for intelligent conversation. So if you can't (at least attempt to) express yourself intelligently, you really shouldn't say anything at all.

Sorry. I just don't like seeing such interaction on a positive thread like this (even if you are a little disappointed with the numbers). We should try to act like adults.

randolphus maximus
07-06-2007, 03:55 PM
www.drudgereport.com

He gets millions of hits daily.

Go Ron Paul! Go!

Original_Intent
07-06-2007, 03:59 PM
There sure are some moody, sensitive people on this forum. They need some composure. It doesn't help anything to lash out. Too many people have a personal interaction policy that is very similar to the Bush administration's foreign policy.

People need to chill out and to use some manners. There is no place in intellectual, philosophical arguments for shallow, personal attacks and language like this:

You call yourself "ARealConservative," but you've got the temper of a neoconservative like Bill O'Reilly. Anyway, this forum is for intelligent conversation. So if you can't (at least attempt to) express yourself intelligently, you really shouldn't say anything at all.

Sorry. I just don't like seeing such interaction on a positive thread like this (even if you are a little disappointed with the numbers). We should try to act like adults.

Yep we have stuck together when it was us against the world, the question is, can this campaign survive having some victories?

Ava
07-06-2007, 04:03 PM
Yep we have stuck together when it was us against the world, the question is, can this campaign survive having some victories?

Egos get bruised all the time. I'm sure we will all be fine with more victories :)

markpa
07-06-2007, 04:34 PM
I went to the USA today home page and the politics page and saw no mention of Dr. Paul. I guess they took the story down already??

Anyway, I think the fact that he takes in 2.4 Million and still has 2.4 Million says everything about the man and how he will run our Government. It certainly makes me feel good about donating money to the campaign. I know the money will be spent wisely. I can't imagine anyone donating to McCain after he wasted his supporters money in the first 2 quarters.

axiomata
07-06-2007, 05:24 PM
Andrew Sullivan blogs about Paul's funds. He also has a letter from one of his readers with some interesting Ron Paul info.

Check it out. (http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/2007/07/go-ron-paul.html)

Bradley in DC
07-06-2007, 05:25 PM
The total raised in Q2 will not be tabulated and released until 7/15. If you donate today or anytime during the next week, what you donate will still count towards Q2 so it is impossible to have a final tally.

I like the way you think, TDM, but the quarter ended at the end of June and must be reported in mid-July. Don't worry, donate, donate, donate!

Bradley in DC
07-06-2007, 05:38 PM

Didn't get any PM on this, but one, I am not a lawyer, two, anyone interested in this topic, please do send me a PM with your home state (ie, where you are registered to vote) and your email address. I can send the rules from 2004 (which is all we'll have until September when the new rules need to be finalized). In short, if you'd like to be a delegate candidate for Dr. Paul, be active in your local Meetup and max out your donation (run a lemonade stand or whatever you need to do to raise the money) and let the local/state organizer know your interest; the campaign will pick the people it wants to represent them.

DjLoTi
07-06-2007, 05:40 PM
Too much flaming.. people need to play nice.. stop being so hostile..

I know this is America and all... but... lets leave the flame warz at home.. lol

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-06-2007, 05:46 PM
Didn't get any PM on this, but one, I am not a lawyer, two, anyone interested in this topic, please do send me a PM with your home state (ie, where you are registered to vote) and your email address. I can send the rules from 2004 (which is all we'll have until September when the new rules need to be finalized). In short, if you'd like to be a delegate candidate for Dr. Paul, be active in your local Meetup and max out your donation (run a lemonade stand or whatever you need to do to raise the money) and let the local/state organizer know your interest; the campaign will pick the people it wants to represent them.

What do you do, Bradley? Just curious.

LibertyEagle
07-06-2007, 06:04 PM

What are you talking about, Dude? I keep posting the link and it seems like you refuse to read it. It's not what "I say is true"; it is what the Federal Election Commission says.

This is more than frustrating. Are you for real or are you just playing some kind of game?

CLICK ON THIS LINK AND READ THE INFORMATION!

Quantumystic
07-06-2007, 06:05 PM
Quick question...

My wife and I own a new small business. It's my understanding EACH of us can legally donate up to $2,300. Which would be $4,600.

What about the business?

I'm pretty sure the business is allowed to make contributions as well.

Any sage advice out there on limits?

Quantumystic
07-06-2007, 06:06 PM
And what's the deal if we have more than one business? Can ALL of them contribute the legal limit?

angrydragon
07-06-2007, 06:10 PM
A youtube comment on Ron's channel.

"I guess not only is congress spending money "like a drunken sailor", Mr. McCain's Campaign is also."

McCain, the irony.

LibertyOfOne
07-06-2007, 06:13 PM
2.66 million viewers.

If only 1% of those viewers looked up who Ron is and donated $37.60, another cool million added to the coffers.

MsDoodahs
07-06-2007, 06:19 PM
with so many of the republican primaries being winner take all, it should be good for ron paul to have fred thompson join the race and mccain stay in. they will split up the neocon/cfr/trilateralist/bohemian grove/skull and bones vote allowing ron paul to win with a handful of new votors.

Yep, that is what I was thinking, too.

angrydragon
07-06-2007, 06:23 PM
Quick question...

My wife and I own a new small business. It's my understanding EACH of us can legally donate up to $2,300. Which would be $4,600.

What about the business?

Try asking Bradley.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=316

paulitics
07-06-2007, 06:25 PM
A youtube comment on Ron's channel.

"I guess not only is congress spending money "like a drunken sailor", Mr. McCain's Campaign is also."

McCain, the irony.
:D
funny as hell

MozoVote
07-06-2007, 06:29 PM
My gut feeling is the official number will be a smidge higher than 2.4mil. They'll discover a few more checks in drawers they missed depositing, or large donations that were waiting to clear.

Exponent
07-06-2007, 06:30 PM
Quick question...

What about the business?

I don't think so. According to the FEC's Citizens' Guide (http://www.fec.gov/pages/brochures/citizens.shtml)

Corporations and Unions

The law also prohibits contributions from corporations and labor unions. This prohibition applies to any incorporated organization, profit or nonprofit. For example, the owner of an incorporated "mom and pop" grocery store is not permitted to use a business account to make contributions. Instead, the owner would have to use a personal account. A corporate employee may make contributions through a nonrepayable corporate drawing account, which allows the individual to draw personal funds against salary, profits or other compensation.

Quantumystic
07-06-2007, 06:37 PM
I don't think so. According to the FEC's Citizens' Guide (http://www.fec.gov/pages/brochures/citizens.shtml)

Damn!

What about PACs? Not officially part of the campaign?