PDA

View Full Version : Glen Beck just talking about Ron Paul

CMoore
12-17-2007, 02:27 PM
I was just listening to Glen Beck. He noted that Dr. Paul was going to be on his show tomorrow night. He noted that he is in complete agreement with him on many issues. However, he said that Dr. Paul has some crazy ideas. Does anyone know specifically what points of disagreement exist between them? I don't listen to Beck much, but whenever I have listened to him, his ideas seem to be pretty much in line with Dr. Paul's.

Falseflagop
12-17-2007, 02:29 PM
I hate the fact he has do 1 hr with this NEO CON 25 mi paid shill !

SWATH
12-17-2007, 02:29 PM
They disagree on Islamofacsists

purepaloma
12-17-2007, 02:30 PM
Like most, a heavy dose of Ron Paul will help understand that those ideas "aren't out there"

Looking forward to the show!

john_anderson_ii
I think their major points of disagreement are going to be foreign policy. Not surprising. Beck is one of those people who think we should continue to push around the rest of the world because might makes right and so on.

kylejack
I was just listening to Glen Beck. He noted that Dr. Paul was going to be on his show tomorrow night. He noted that he is in complete agreement with him on many issues. However, he said that Dr. Paul has some crazy ideas. Does anyone know specifically what points of disagreement exist between them? I don't listen to Beck much, but whenever I have listened to him, his ideas seem to be pretty much in line with Dr. Paul's.
Abolish the FBI/CIA, Islamofascism, War in Iraq

Cleaner44
I like that Beck pretens to be a Libertarian!?!

Paul4Prez
Ron Paul has the "crazy idea" that we should end our foreign policy of military intervention to save our currency and to lessen the motivation for terrorists to attack us.

Ron Paul has the "crazy idea" that our money should be backed by something, and not inflated at the whim of the Federal Reserve.

JAHOGS
12-17-2007, 02:32 PM
http://www.wgiram.com/main.html

Click on the listen live link.... This is the Glen Beck show when it is live and not on a tape delay... His show is on around 8 - 11 CST.

kylejack
12-17-2007, 02:33 PM
Ron Paul has the "crazy idea" that our money should be backed by something, and not inflated at the whim of the Federal Reserve.
Beck mostly agrees that the Fed and borrowing is ruining us.

280Z28
12-17-2007, 02:33 PM
So, will Ron Paul win over Beck, or will it be like Thank you for Smoking? :hmm:

jd603
12-17-2007, 02:35 PM
It's pretty funny. I consider the whole "scared of the boogeyman osama" and "oh no islamo fascists!" ideas crazy.

Adamsa
Beck supports the gold standard I think.

He loves everything except for the foreign policy thing, I think Pat Buchanan broke Glenn in a bit when he was on the show though. :D

Falseflagop
BECK is a paid hack no different always remember who PAYS him the big $$$. This guy was a bum a few years ago, now look at them and thanks too _____?

specsaregood
12-17-2007, 02:36 PM
Beck mostly agrees that the Fed and borrowing is ruining us.

Having just read, "Gold, Peace and Prosperity. The birth of a new currency" by Ron Paul. I hope Ron Paul is given a chance to explain exactly why he is against FIAT money and the Federal Reserve. It is the core for his belief structure regarding our loss of freedom.

weagle
12-17-2007, 02:37 PM
Either way we don't lose. If he attacks Ron and doesn't let him speak then Beck's audience, who probably would not have voted for us anyway, wont vote for us. If Beck is converted by the good doctor or is allowed to make sound arguments we will have a mouthpiece in Beck or at the worst have converted some of his audience.

We don't lose and can only pick up voters.

brianbb98
12-17-2007, 02:38 PM
Having just read, "Gold, Peace and Prosperity. The birth of a new currency" by Ron Paul. I hope Ron Paul is given a chance to explain exactly why he is against FIAT money and the Federal Reserve. It is the core for his belief structure regarding our loss of freedom.

I hope he's given the chance to explain anything. If people understood why he wants to do many things that are put off as crazy and different, they would see why they're good ideas and may take a closer look at Dr. Paul.

fortilite
12-17-2007, 02:38 PM
Don't worry, we don't need to win Beck's approval. As long as he agrees on a lot of points, and as long as we convert some of his viewers - it's a win!

Menthol Patch
12-17-2007, 02:39 PM
Glen Beck is a hot headed neo-con freak.

He is NOT a Libertarian and is a big government monster.

Mani
12-17-2007, 02:40 PM
Abolish the FBI/CIA, Islamofascism, War in Iraq

I think those are the big ones he disagrees with, the FBI/CIA thing is one of the "CRAZY IDEAS"

kylejack
12-17-2007, 02:40 PM

Nah.

torchbearer
12-17-2007, 02:41 PM
If Ron can change the context into collectivism versus individualism... he can illustrate to Glenn how you can't have it both ways..

Ethek
12-17-2007, 02:41 PM
I think Paul has said that FBI would not be going anywhere. He just sees many of the roles of the FBI as needlessly duplicated.

The CIA he has issues with mainly for its secrecy.

newbitech
12-17-2007, 02:43 PM
Glen Beck is worried that if we pull out of Iraq then we will have a terrorist attack like this one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beslan_school_hostage_crisis

kylejack
12-17-2007, 02:43 PM
I think Paul has said that FBI would not be going anywhere. He just sees many of the roles of the FBI as needlessly duplicated.

The CIA he has issues with mainly for its secrecy.
Advocated eliminating both, though, in 1988, and Ron Paul wasn't able to refute when it was brought up in the debate.

newbitech
12-17-2007, 02:45 PM
Also, Glenn Beck has been warning about something called "The Perfect Day". You can read about it here. Basically Beck is scared shitless and that is what drives his views on foreign policy. I can guarantee this is what he will mention to Ron Paul.

http://www.nationalterroralert.com/updates/2007/09/12/glenn-beck-the-perfect-day-are-terrorists-planning-an-american-beslan/

terryp
12-17-2007, 02:46 PM
As much as I dislike Glenn Beck, I think that beck will start to lean our way.
Once you see all the pieces put together there is only 1 way to go.
Then to have a real honest, unwavering & sincere man like Dr. Paul
to vote for. It's a once in a lifetime choice.

Pauliana
So is he going to be on the radio show or the TV show?

Adamsa
The FBI/CIA thing is more of a philosophical position anyway.

kylejack
12-17-2007, 02:48 PM
So is he going to be on the radio show or the TV show?
TV

kylejack
12-17-2007, 02:48 PM
Also, disagreed on Drug War.

crhoades
12-17-2007, 02:49 PM
If Ron can change the context into collectivism versus individualism... he can illustrate to Glenn how you can't have it both ways..

Somebody's been reading Hayek lately.:p

john_anderson_ii
The perception that Paul would dismantle the CIA and FBI was really brought about by the fact that such a complicated process cannot be explained in a 30 second, rushed, debate answer. This is one of the time I can see a very thoroughly prepared sound bite as useful.

I hope Beck challenges this, and give Ron ample time to respond. I'm sure Ron doesn't want to dismantle them and replace them with nothing like he does the IRS. These agencies as they are do much more harm than good, and they could use a real overhaul.

thePhilosopher
I think those are the big ones he disagrees with, the FBI/CIA thing is one of the "CRAZY IDEAS"

His main point is that the whole dismantling the FBI and CIA idea cannot be described in a 30 second blurb in a congested debate. I don't think that he believes it is entirely crazy, but wants to get time to get it from the horse's mouth about how exactly this would happen. You guys don't give Glenn enough credit, he is coming around, I think. I think that keeping tabs on Iran's nuke program, what saying about Israel, and what Islamic terrorists are saying is important, as does Glenn. That doesn't make you a war-mongerer though.

ChristopherJ
12-17-2007, 02:51 PM
I don't remember Beck calling Buchanan "crazy" when he went on his show. Why is RP crazy, while Buchanan isn't?

Maybe PB put a chink in his armor. It took Beck a little while to accept the whole NAU thing too.

I sent him an e-mail a while back asking him to connect the dots. You can either have a global war on terror or you can have a stable economy but you can't have both. This is what RP needs to drive home because Beck sure doesn't seem to get it.

nbhadja
12-17-2007, 02:52 PM
The whole idea that terrorists are out to get us because we are free is just freaking retarded and BS.

Mani
12-17-2007, 02:54 PM
As much as I dislike Glenn Beck, I think that beck will start to lean our way.
Once you see all the pieces put together there is only 1 way to go.
Then to have a real honest, unwavering & sincere man like Dr. Paul
to vote for. It's a once in a lifetime choice.

IMO of Glenn, listening to him for a straight year (until about 6 months ago I tuned him out with his Paul ridicule); Glenn is scared to death the Islamofascists are taking over the world, he's on a mission to fight them off. I couldn't listen to him anymore, it was getting difficult because every program was the same thing over and over again.

He made you feel like 9/11 was happening every weekend, and that was his intent.

He's so far down that train he feels he's the leader of the "fight islamo terrorism" army. He's the flag bearer and I don't see him getting off that any time soon.

kylejack
12-17-2007, 02:54 PM
The whole idea that terrorists are out to get us because we are free is just freaking retarded and BS.
Beck acknowledges that our foreign policy has created enemies. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqcReDCsYFg

familydog
12-17-2007, 02:55 PM

You obviously never listened to or watched his show and have no idea what you're talking about. He never claimed to be a libertarian. He disagrees with Ron Paul on foriegn policy and some others, but a big government monster? 90% of all issues Ron Paul and Beck agree. I agree with Paul on 80% so I'd hate to hear what you would call me.

TheNewYorker
12-17-2007, 02:56 PM
Ron Paul doesn't want to get rid of the CIA, but rather return them to their original purpose of intelligence gathering, not nation building / assassination.

kylejack
12-17-2007, 02:58 PM
Ron Paul doesn't want to get rid of the CIA, but rather return them to their original purpose of intelligence gathering, not nation building / assassination.
Right, but in 1988 he advocated abolishing it.

Alawn
12-17-2007, 03:01 PM
The biggest thing is that Beck is super pro war

torchbearer
12-17-2007, 03:02 PM

in 1988.

Ethek
12-17-2007, 03:02 PM

I think he also told a fat kid to go on a diet. I do think that experience has tempered him a tiny bit in his language... not his core principles though.

280Z28
12-17-2007, 03:11 PM
I don't remember Beck calling Buchanan "crazy" when he went on his show. Why is RP crazy, while Buchanan isn't?

Maybe PB put a chink in his armor. It took Beck a little while to accept the whole NAU thing too.

I sent him an e-mail a while back asking him to connect the dots. You can either have a global war on terror or you can have a stable economy but you can't have both. This is what RP needs to drive home because Beck sure doesn't seem to get it.

A lot of politics is coming down to one fact: just because you want to do something, just because it would be great to do something, doesn't mean you can do it. Parents teach their kids this, but politicians play like their exempt from it.

Why don't you (who are reading this) go right now and spend 100k for relief in Africa? Because even if you wanted to, you don't have the money. What's even more important is this: it's ridiculous to even try to figure out what charity to give your 100k to if the money doesn't exist.

Should we continue the surge? Should we stay in South Korea? Should we have troops in place by Iran? All of these questions are moot: no matter what answer you give, the fact remains that the money to accomplish that plan isn't available.

When dealing with terrorism in a limited-budget situation, your most strategic placement is empowering people to deal with localized eminent threats. Let homeowners carry, let school admins carry, let college students carry. Stop the primary source of blowback and let there be a clear understanding that wherever you go, someone will be there willing and able to put a bullet through the head of anyone who attacks the people of this country.

Why would terrorists want to attack a school? Easy, they're internally defenseless and bricked in to defend them from the outside. Other gun-free zones, say a church, are not as prime because the probability of one in a large group of adults ignoring anti-carry laws is higher than a child. Also, children are seen as weaker and attacking them makes more of a statement.

Answer me this: if protecting children in our schools is so important, why are our defense preparations half the world away, and banned from the area to protect?? Next up: Sheriff places guard towers on ranch, leaves prison unattended.

People are so good at finding problems. Why must they suck so much at fixing them?

Severius
12-17-2007, 03:11 PM
He said in one of the debates that he wanted to abolish the CIA and create a new intelligence gathering agency I thought. It would much more affective to throw out all of these agencies and start over again rather than trying to restructure them.

parke
12-17-2007, 03:40 PM
Ron Paul has the "crazy idea" that we should end our foreign policy of military intervention to save our currency and to lessen the motivation for terrorists to attack us.

nutty as squirrel turds.

sam1952
12-17-2007, 03:50 PM
Beck is the only name talk show host that can commit to Dr. Paul while saving face. Hannity, Billo, Savage, Quinn, ect. have all painted themselves in a corner. Beck still has the out to endorse Paul. If he is smart he will endorse Paul before Iowa.

I have hopes he will do so,,,,,,,,,, but am not holding my breath, as I have concerns for the real movtives for having Dr. Paul on.