PDA

View Full Version : Numbers to be Released on This Week, Sunday

kylejack
07-06-2007, 11:09 AM
Oh God, I hope this isn't a repost. I really did check the first page of the forums to try and find it, but I didn't see it. This article was posted 52 minutes ago.

Although Paul is widely viewed as an also-ran, the online support is translating in a bump in the polls, according to the campaign. In addition, several factors also contribute to Paul’s under-performance in traditional polls, Benton said.

For example, the Texas lawmaker has a lot of young followers, many of whom do not use landlines anymore and are not captured in telephone polls.

When the campaign releases its second-quarter fundraising figures, likely on ABC’s “This Week with George Stephanopoulos” on Sunday, Paul’s increasing popularity will become more evident, Benton said.

Contributions from April to June will be “significantly higher” than the $640,000 that Paul had raised in the first quarter, Benton added.
http://thehill.com/campaign-2008/online-community-flocks-to-ron-paul-2007-07-06.html

Also, this was a good article.

foofighter20x
07-06-2007, 11:12 AM
haha... i really hope they aren't using the speculation in this forum as their source...

kylejack
07-06-2007, 11:17 AM
haha... i really hope they aren't using the speculation in this forum as their source...

No, the source is Jesse Benton, the campaign's communication director.

"When the campaign releases its second-quarter fundraising figures, likely on ABC’s “This Week with George Stephanopoulos” on Sunday, Paul’s increasing popularity will become more evident, Benton said."

Edit: Also, we might get a leak since the interview's being taped today. Here's hoping! :)

kylejack
07-06-2007, 11:19 AM
GAAAAAH, this is a repost. SHAME ON ME. NO DINNER TONIGHT, AND STRAIGHT TO BED, MISTER.

foofighter20x
07-06-2007, 11:21 AM
don't sweat it

happens to us all

UtahApocalypse
07-06-2007, 11:22 AM
Nope not a repost, only the 4th thread this morning on this :(

kylejack
07-06-2007, 11:24 AM
Nope not a repost, only the 4th thread this morning on this :(

I only saw one other, actually. The other one was speculative rather than declaratory and posted last night.

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-06-2007, 11:25 AM
If he's announcing on ABC, it's gotta be big. Maybe it's even the reason Stephanapolous is having him on!

I still haven't come down from my high from the IA rally last Sat, and the campaign keeps adding fuel to that fire. Constant high with this campaign. I am so addicted to Paul.

kylejack
07-06-2007, 11:26 AM
If he's announcing on ABC, it's gotta be big. Maybe it's even the reason Stephanapolous is having him on!

I still haven't come down from my high from the IA rally last Sat, and the campaign keeps adding fuel to that fire. Constant high with this campaign. I am so addicted to Paul.

A while back there was a thread telling people to e-mail This Week and get Ron Paul on. Hopefully, that's the reason he's on. We are STRONG!

kylejack
07-06-2007, 11:28 AM
I'm living in constant fear of a repost, so here's a fantastic article from Iowa.

http://media.www.dailyiowan.com/media/storage/paper599/news/2007/07/06/Metro/The-Political.Caf.In.Cyberspace-2921426.shtml

Joe Knows
07-06-2007, 11:28 AM

Wouldn't that be fantastic? Does anyone know what happened to the DC rally today? There was supposed to be a rally outside the ABC studios. Ron was pretaping the Sunday interview. Another thought. If the interview is being prerecorded maybe there will be a leak and we will know sooner.

kylejack
07-06-2007, 11:29 AM
Wouldn't that be fantastic? Does anyone know what happened to the DC rally today? There was supposed to be a rally outside the ABC studios. Ron was pretaping the Sunday interview. Another thought. If the interview is being prerecorded maybe there will be a leak and we will know sooner.

No, outside the Mayflower Hotel. It was only an hour ago, so give them a bit to get something posted.

austinphish
07-06-2007, 11:31 AM
Wow - if he is really announcing on Sunday, the same day as the interview the number could be REALLY big.

kylejack
07-06-2007, 11:47 AM
Wow - if he is really announcing on Sunday, the same day as the interview the number could be REALLY big.

Posted in another thread. 2.4 million raised, 2.4 million cash on hand.