PDA

View Full Version : Can Ron Paul cross the chasm?

jasonuher
12-17-2007, 01:34 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossing_the_Chasm

So among entrepreneurial and marketing folks there is this concept of 'crossing the chasm' that was brought up by a guy named Geoff Moore that talks about the transition of a product (such as a Presidential Campaign) from the 'early adopters' and 'enthusiasts' to the mainstream. Basically, the book boils down to the fact that these two camps need to be marketed to in different ways because what matters to the members of these groups is different. Any product that doesn't do this will fail, or be relegated to a very small market.

So the question becomes, how do we get RP across the chasm?

In the book, he talks about finding a niche (a beach head) and dominating it (storm the beachhead). Once you have this base to work from, you need to soften the focus of the product and widen it's appeal to a wider range of customers.

I think after Sunday we can safely say that RP has landed on the beachhead of small government (frankly, I think he has landed /and/ smashed the living daylights out of any competition there). So now that we have our base, what is the next step to massaging our message or tactics to suit mainstream adoption?

What can /we/ do to help RP cross the chasm?

Ron2Win
12-17-2007, 01:37 PM
Just get people to listen to him. I don't agree with 100% of his views. But at least he is real and straight forward.

All other Politicians just look the same.