PDA

View Full Version : To The Parents On The Forum

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
12-17-2007, 01:21 PM
Something happened to me last night and this is the first I can even speak of it without getting a little choked up. I am the proud Father of three but lately I have not felt like a very good one. I have spent so much time working for this campaign, following this campaign, thinking about this campaign and trying to run my business on top of it that I have felt like a ghost in my own home. It is hard to be a dad, a business man, a husband and grassroots warrior all at once but somehow I manage to get it done. Like many of you, I was pacing last night, checking totals and trying to spread the word to anyone who would listen. I barely saw my kids at all and even missed a family dinner to try to help spread the word.

When my kids got home my oldest Son started getting ready for bed and we were preparing our nightly routine of giving "night night kisses" when he ran up to his room. I thought something was wrong and that maybe he felt I was ignoring him so I put my things down and ws about to head upstairs when he started coming down. He walked up to me and handed me his piggy bank and said:"Daddy, your friend Ron Paul can have my piggy bank fo christmas... you said he needs money more than we do and I want to help"

It was everything I could muster to not tear up right there. I cannot believe this little man that I helped create could be so selfless. So we opened his bank and poured out the coins on the table. We counted $49.93 in change and I wrote down the number and slid the piece of paper into my shirt pocket. We gathere up his money and I told him that he should hang onto his money because Daddy had a lot of friends who were also helping Ron Paul and I told him how proud I was of him. he gave me a big smile, a big hug and his "night night kiss" and went on up to bed where him Mom could tuck him in.

I admit that when he walked away I teared up. I could not help it! I have been so personally consumed with changing this country that I forgot that those kids of mine are my #1 reason for wanting to make this dream into a reality. I have already given a lot but I know I can give more and so I will.. for Ron Paul, for my Country and for my family.

So this December 25th after the presents under the tree are opened, I will be logging onto www.ronpaul2008.com once again and hitting that donation button. This time I will be giving $49.93 cents with visions of piggy banks dancing in my head. Merry Christmas Dr. Paul!

disciple
12-17-2007, 01:25 PM
What a moving story.

Like father like son; selflessness certainly runs in your family and you ought to be proud.

My hat's off to you sir and to your great family.

UtahApocalypse
12-17-2007, 01:26 PM
Take a day off man. Enjoy your kids, they are our future and its great to see them being inspired.

Erazmus
12-17-2007, 01:27 PM
I agree with the above posters. You could use some family time. But take comfort in the fact that you are fighting for a good future, a good world for your children. Thank you for all of your hard work!!!

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
12-17-2007, 01:28 PM
Take a day off man. Enjoy your kids, they are our future and its great to see them being inspired.

I did promise them a day at Chuck E. Cheese before the end of the month but I am taking some slim jims with me lol

constitutional
12-17-2007, 01:31 PM
Something happened to me last night and this is the first I can even speak of it without getting a little choked up. I am the proud Father of three but lately I have not felt like a very good one. I have spent so much time working for this campaign, following this campaign, thinking about this campaign and trying to run my business on top of it that I have felt like a ghost in my own home. It is hard to be a dad, a business man, a husband and grassroots warrior all at once but somehow I manage to get it done. Like many of you, I was pacing last night, checking totals and trying to spread the word to anyone who would listen. I barely saw my kids at all and even missed a family dinner to try to help spread the word.

When my kids got home my oldest Son started getting ready for bed and we were preparing our nightly routine of giving "night night kisses" when he ran up to his room. I thought something was wrong and that maybe he felt I was ignoring him so I put my things down and ws about to head upstairs when he started coming down. He walked up to me and handed me his piggy bank and said:"Daddy, your friend Ron Paul can have my piggy bank fo christmas... you said he needs money more than we do and I want to help"

It was everything I could muster to not tear up right there. I cannot believe this little man that I helped create could be so selfless. So we opened his bank and poured out the coins on the table. We counted $49.93 in change and I wrote down the number and slid the piece of paper into my shirt pocket. We gathere up his money and I told him that he should hang onto his money because Daddy had a lot of friends who were also helping Ron Paul and I told him how proud I was of him. he gave me a big smile, a big hug and his "night night kiss" and went on up to bed where him Mom could tuck him in.

I admit that when he walked away I teared up. I could not help it! I have been so personally consumed with changing this country that I forgot that those kids of mine are my #1 reason for wanting to make this dream into a reality. I have already given a lot but I know I can give more and so I will.. for Ron Paul, for my Country and for my family.

So this December 25th after the presents under the tree are opened, I will be logging onto www.ronpaul2008.com once again and hitting that donation button. This time I will be giving $49.93 cents with visions of piggy banks dancing in my head. Merry Christmas Dr. Paul!

Amen brother... amen. You got me into tears... We shall overcome. Hang in there, won't be long. :)

szczebrzeszyn
12-17-2007, 01:32 PM
Wow, great story...!

Exarel
12-17-2007, 01:32 PM
Awesome story :)

JPFromTally
12-17-2007, 01:35 PM
Congratulations on having a little patriot!

It's stories like these that make me want to give up my life of being single, dating multiple women, driving new cars and being able to come and go as I please while my married friends stay home p-whipped by their wives.

Nahh......

(With my luck I'd have one of those kids on Nanny 911).

knappz
12-17-2007, 01:37 PM
Sounds like I might be voting for your kid to be president one day...Great story.

mosquitobite
12-17-2007, 01:38 PM
Being female, I of course just cried through your post. thanks for sharing!

timmy616
12-17-2007, 01:39 PM
Other night when my daugther was saying her bed time prayers included Ron Paul, asking for him to be safe and make good decisions. That hit me like a ton of bricks!! Totally unprovoked she came up with it on her own, definately put a tear in my eye and a lump in my throat.

PatriotOne
12-17-2007, 01:40 PM
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww....that is so sweet! If you are afraid you are aren't spending enough time with the kids, get them INVOLVED! Let them be part of what you are doing. Celebrate the victories with them. Help them make RP signs. Talk to them. Take them to rallies. Etc., etc. Not only will they love being part of something you are so passionate about, you will be molding and preparing them to be part of the movement of the future.

mt4rp
12-17-2007, 01:41 PM
sniff,sniff, Great story

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
12-17-2007, 01:43 PM
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww....that is so sweet! If you are afraid you are aren't spending enough time with the kids, get them INVOLVED! Let them be part of what you are doing. Celebrate the victories with them. Help them make RP signs. Talk to them. Take them to rallies. Etc., etc. Not only will they love being part of something you are so passionate about, you will be molding and preparing them to be part of the movement of the future.

I was very disappointed when the blimp had to change course. I had made plans to do no work and keep the kids home from school if need be and we were going to be at the rally as a full family unit. My wife was even going to call in sick and let a sub teach her class that day. So when it eventually makes it around D.C. we will be there. They are going to love the blimp!

V4Vendetta
12-17-2007, 01:51 PM
Great Story man!

Remember.... Enjoy the peace and love of fellowship with your kids.... you never know how much peaceful time we will have left to enjoy moments like Christmas with them!

ursamajor
12-17-2007, 02:02 PM
Sounds like an amazing little boy you have there. I have a three month old. Best thing that every happened to me. We gotta win this for them.

brianbb98
12-17-2007, 02:12 PM
Buy that kid something. lol

MikeStanart
12-17-2007, 02:17 PM
We cannot forget the reason we are doing all of this:

For our Posterity.

Danya
12-17-2007, 02:19 PM
We don't have kids, but if we did we'd want them to have the same spirit as your son. I'm donating $49.93 along with you on Christmas!

And congrats on doing it right!

Danya

WV Freedom Fighter
12-17-2007, 02:26 PM
That is a great story, it choked me up too.

WV Freedom Fighter
12-17-2007, 02:28 PM
Other night when my daugther was saying her bed time prayers included Ron Paul, asking for him to be safe and make good decisions. That hit me like a ton of bricks!! Totally unprovoked she came up with it on her own, definately put a tear in my eye and a lump in my throat.

That was AWESOME too!

Fyretrohl
12-17-2007, 02:34 PM
Wish I could...But, perhaps a $49.93 for the Kids for Christmas movement?

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
12-17-2007, 02:50 PM
Thank you to all of you who have said kind words about it. I am just amazed and what kids come out with sometimes. When I initially typed it up I had a part in there about counting up the change in your kids piggy banks and matching what they have in a donation to Dr. Paul but I figured it would just sound like a money bomb idea and I have seen negativity about additional money bombs on the forum today so I erased it. To the poster who will join me with donating that amount all I can say is thank you times a million. I cannot begin to describe how important this was for me especially on the heels of the tea party and it helps to know that I will not be alone.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
11-19-2008, 01:29 PM
I know this thread is long dead but we are approaching Christmas again and now my son is "Ron Paul'ing" his second grade teachers. One thing is for sure fellow parents, we are raising the next generation of freedom fighters so be sure to talk to them about what we stand for. Do not assume they will not get it because they understand a lot more than we think sometimes.

tropicangela
11-19-2008, 02:35 PM
I know this thread is long dead but we are approaching Christmas again and now my son is "Ron Paul'ing" his second grade teachers. One thi[ng] is for sure fellow parents, we are raising the next generation of freedom fighters so be sure to talk to them about. Do not assume they will not get it because they understand a lot more than we think sometimes.

Last year, I missed this, but wow... *sobbing* Super post.

wizardwatson
11-19-2008, 03:02 PM
I find one of the best things to do with my son is teach him stuff. He's 5 and hasn't really know the difference between learning and playing. I figure the faster he learns things, the sooner I can teach him the stuff that will really matter. Just because we can't teach our young kids about economics and liberty doesn't mean teaching them at whatever level they are at is any less crucial.

heavenlyboy34
11-19-2008, 03:06 PM
That story in the OP tugs at the ol' heartstrings. :)

qh4dotcom
11-19-2008, 11:40 PM
Great story...but I'm sure Ron Paul wouldn't knowingly accept/take away your child's $49.93 life savings...he helped financially a member of this forum when her husband died in a car accident...plus he's doing pretty well now.

DeadheadForPaul
11-19-2008, 11:54 PM
Great Story

Andrew Ryan
11-19-2008, 11:56 PM
Great story...but I'm sure Ron Paul wouldn't knowingly accept/take away your child's $49.93 life savings...he helped financially a member of this forum when her husband died in a car accident...plus he's doing pretty well now.
Really? When?

qh4dotcom
11-20-2008, 12:49 AM
Really? When?

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=39

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=143656