PDA

View Full Version : respond to cafferty here!!

draccip
12-17-2007, 01:07 PM
http://caffertyfile.blogs.cnn.com/2007/12/17/ron-paul%e2%80%99s-%e2%80%9cmoney-bomb%e2%80%9d/

q:Here’s my question to you: If Ron Paul can raise more than $6 million in one day, how come he’s not higher in the polls?

answers will be on at 4:00 pm

draccip
12-17-2007, 01:09 PM
bump

karpodiem
12-17-2007, 01:13 PM
Answer: Who says he won't be? In fact, I am absolutely positive he will have significantly higher poll numbers. The more they try to suppress the voice of liberty and patriotism, the louder we will shout. And we will be heard across the world.

skoop1
12-17-2007, 01:14 PM
bump

jake
12-17-2007, 01:18 PM
done

mmink15
12-17-2007, 01:19 PM
Here's my response:

One thing is for sure, it isn’t lack of support. Perhaps the better question is: Why don’t polls properly reflect real-life support.

jake
12-17-2007, 01:20 PM
my response:

You can almost feel the winds of change stirring for this upcoming election. I have never seen or heard of such a strong grassroots support for any Presidential candidate in history. Ron Paul will turn the political system in America upside down with his message of Freedom, Peace, and Prosperity. The reason Dr. Paul is not higher in the polls is simple: the media itself is damaging the democratic process, the mainstream media’s bias is overwhelming and is becoming so blatant to many. America is waking up, the sleeping giant, the voting public, has been stirred - the final result will be the election of Ron Paul for President in 2008.

ccannizzaro
12-17-2007, 01:30 PM
It has already been written:

"How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror. I know why you did it. I know you were afraid. Who wouldn't be? War, terror, disease. There were a myriad of problems which conspired to corrupt your reason and rob you of your common sense. Fear got the best of you, and in your panic you turned to the [comfort of authoritarian rule and subversion of civil liberties. They] promised you order, [they] promised you peace, and all [they] demanded in return was your silent, obedient consent. Last night [we] sought to end that silence."

erin moore
12-17-2007, 01:32 PM
My response

The people who are polled are “likely” republican primary voters. Many of his Quarter 4 donors have never voted in a primary election, and therefore will not be contacted for polling purposes. Also, many of us have only cell phones as 24% of Americans do now. These lines are not called for polling purposes. Hundrens of thousands have donated. We are passionate and we will vote. Call us.

hellah10
12-17-2007, 01:33 PM
Answer: Who says he won't be? In fact, I am absolutely positive he will have significantly higher poll numbers. The more they try to suppress the voice of liberty and patriotism, the louder we will shout. And we will be heard across the world.

thats a solid answer... i hope he reads your comment

econojon
12-17-2007, 01:34 PM
Who is to say he already isn't! I posted a comment, but it need "moderation approval" so I don't know if it will be counted or not. But I basically posted the info from http://thecaseforronpaul.com/default.aspx

My response:

Your comment is awaiting moderation.

http://thecaseforronpaul.com/default.aspx

#1 in majority of straw polls,
#1 in debate polls,
#1 in web traffic,

The polls conducted by main stream media are of usually less than a 1000 people and are of voters who already voted in the last primary and Ron Paul’s audience is mainly of new Republican voters. The polls conducted online have a majority win for Ron Paul. He has the most meet-up groups.

Now that he has more money, and is willing to spend that money on advertising on major networks, it is surprising that the main stream media still does not recognize Ron Paul as a leading candidate.

The main stream polls were not relative to the winnings of the Democratic primary in Iowa for John Kerry and John Edwards. I would think that the main stream media would have learned by now that these polls are not absolute. You need other data to really see that Ron Paul is going to win this primary.

MrCobaltBlue
12-17-2007, 01:37 PM
My Response

The same reason why Ron Paul has won 50% of national straw polls and the National Presidential Caucus (http://www.nationalcaucus.com/results) for both Republican and Open voters. Or outside of each debate how Ron Paul supporters dwarf everyone else’s. The Polling system is flawed when you have people like Frank Luntz asking questions and skewing the votes towards their pre-chosen candidate. The main stream media has already chosen it’s candidates, they’ve already decided who you should vote for.

ronpaulfollower999
12-17-2007, 01:38 PM
I hope someone Youtube's the segment.

HippyChimp
12-17-2007, 01:41 PM
My response:

It’s simple, Jack. Most Ron Paul supporters are getting involved politically for the first time and and weren’t previously registered with any party. Notice how the polls usually say something along the lines of “In a poll of likely Republican voters…”? The answer to your question is that Ron Paul’s supporters aren’t being asked to participate in the offline polls. Online is a different story, as I’m sure you’ve noticed.

Workguy23
12-17-2007, 01:43 PM
Mr. Cafferty, I believe a better, more honest, question would be: How is a man who raised $6 million in one day, has his own blimp(payed for by grassroots), and thousands of UNPAID supports and volunteers that have “rain, sleet, or snow” dedication, still considered a long-shot, fringe candidate by the media?

The bias that many of the media outlets have gone through to suppress Dr. Paul’s success can be seen just by a simple YouTube search. Are we to believe that when the 4th Quarter Campaign Finance Reports come out the headlines will read “Romney finishes 2nd in fundraising” as opposed to “Ron Paul blows all other GOP Candidates out of the water with a $20 million 4th Quarter!”

:)

celticsman7
12-17-2007, 01:45 PM
Thank God Jack Cafferty has a job at CNN. He's 50% of the total media coverage we've ever gotten.

ronpaulfollower999
12-17-2007, 01:45 PM
done.

NY4RP
12-17-2007, 01:46 PM
My Response: Congressman Paul clearly has serious support from those who know of him. The problem is he doesnt get the same coverage other candidates do. Perhaps the media is to blame for Dr. Pauls relatively low numbers. The supporters of Pauls campaign are doing 90% of the legwork without much help from the mainstream media. One can only wonder if that will now change…

Fyretrohl
12-17-2007, 01:49 PM
Jack,
Like many others, the real question is why the polls fail to produce reliable numbers. It isn’t just Dr Paul’s numbers that are so off. How can the media’s chosen candidates have such varied numbers in the same days if the polls are ‘accurate’. Why is this the first election cycle in my 35 year memory that I can not remember the straw polls being important and covered? Instead, it is the polls that pick who they call, can’t tilt question to elicit specific responses, and then produce the results they want. There are specific polls that have put the media darlings as options 1-5. Option 6 is supposed to be for Other and Option 7 is to remove yourself. Answering 6…Removes you from the list. They appear to have their results before they get started and create the questions to ‘prove’ it.

QuesoPantera
12-17-2007, 01:50 PM
It's pretty simple, Jack. 5 people control the American media machine and they're doing a damn good job convincing people he has no shot. I can't remember any recent interviews with him that didn't include a snarky "Come on, you can't win" type of comment or six different derivations of the question "when are you going to announce your third party run" - something he has never eluded to doing. All of you "journalists" have already made up your mind about Paul's fate and have been completely irresponsible about reporting his agenda. quit obviously treating him like a fluke and maybe people will look at his policies.

ronpaulfollower999
12-17-2007, 01:53 PM
It's pretty simple, Jack. 5 people control the American media machine and they're doing a damn good job convincing people he has no shot. I can't remember any recent interviews with him that didn't include a snarky "Come on, you can't win" type of comment or six different derivations of the question "when are you going to announce your third party run" - something he has never eluded to doing. All of you "journalists" have already made up your mind about Paul's fate and have been completely irresponsible about reporting his agenda. quit obviously treating him like a fluke and maybe people will look at his policies.

I hope he reads this response.

beachmaster
12-17-2007, 01:55 PM
My response:

Several reasons. Some polls don't mention Ron Paul's name, and if the respondent (such as happened to a local Paul supporter I know) chooses "Other", they are told they are being removed from the call list. Also, pollsters are calling voting participants of prior Republican primaries. Much of Paul's support comes from first time voters, disenfranchised voters who haven't cast a vote in years, and people changing their voter registration from Democrat. So the Paul supporters are not being called. There are many other reasons which demonstrate the un-scientific nature of polls. You can rig a poll to show a Ham Sandwich in the lead if you ask the right questions. Thanks Jack for your unbiased reporting of Dr. Paul's campaign. Keep up the good work!

It may be a tad too long... but he has the editing pen, so we'll see if it makes it.

ronpaulfollower999
12-17-2007, 01:55 PM
How long does it take to moderate a comment?

QuesoPantera
12-17-2007, 02:04 PM
I hope he reads this response.

thanks, me too!

I was going to go with:

Wow, looks like all those spammers and hackers cracked an elaborate scheme to steal 60,000 credit card numbers and use them all in one day! I bet their wrists are tired...

but I settled on something with more substance :)

hillertexas
12-17-2007, 02:08 PM
My email:
National polls are archaic and will soon fall by the wayside like 8 track tapes, VHS tapes, and yes, landline phones. These polls absolutely do not reflect what is really on the horizon of the political landscape today. The sun is about to rise, and it's name is Ron Paul.

usmcZ
12-17-2007, 02:09 PM
I posted a response too..

Someone PLEASE YouTube this, I'd LOVE to hear the answers that he reads, I saw some excellent responses in there, and it just further shows how much we all truly believe the message Dr. Paul speaks.

Unfortunately, I will be at work when this airs, so I hope someone can uTube it.

TheHand
12-17-2007, 02:12 PM
Mine posted!

TheHand
12-17-2007, 02:15 PM
Yes! Someone please YouTube the responses to our Q's!

promagma
12-17-2007, 02:21 PM
My response:

85% of Ron Paul supporters are outside the mainstream polling demographic of Republicans who voted in the last primary. Romney and Giuliani will receive very few primary votes from outside this demographic.

Source:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=36574

QuesoPantera
12-17-2007, 02:23 PM
I posted a response too..

Someone PLEASE YouTube this, I'd LOVE to hear the answers that he reads, I saw some excellent responses in there, and it just further shows how much we all truly believe the message Dr. Paul speaks.

Unfortunately, I will be at work when this airs, so I hope someone can uTube it.

Be careful what you wish for - though the detractors have less incentive to write (much less anything intelligent to say), controversy gets the ratings, not a love fest.

be prepared for one of those answers to be something like: "They must have sold off their tin foil hats for scrap" - I can't promise Jack is going to pick out 3 good answers without giving in to the urge to appease the disgruntled RNC loyalists

Henry
12-17-2007, 02:32 PM
I watch Cafferty almost on a daily basis, and the one thing I noticed is this. Of all the one's chosen to be read on the air the authors always include (and Jack mentions it) where they are from.

I know you can't edit yours (if you dind't include your location) now, but maybe you can send another just to let him know where your from.

If you haven't emailed him yet, and plan on doing so, make sure to let him know where you reside.

Ogiar
12-17-2007, 02:36 PM
Posted:

"Because the media has ignored him, laughed at him, and said “He can’t win!”. The good news is that frustration with media coverage for Paul directly transfers into money for his campaign and an intense viral grassroots effort. So it doesn’t really matter what the media does one way or another. Paul’s message is the same one this country was founded on and people are hungry for it. As the economy falters they will grow hungrier. The British couldn’t stop it and corporate media is not going to stop it either.

Thanks Jack., you da man!"

erikm
12-17-2007, 02:37 PM
This is what I'd like to post. Since I'm outside the US I'm letting someone else post it if they're interested. It really needs a phone bias youtube:

Why isn't he higher in the polls? There are several likely reasons.
- First, because the polls are biased towards 'likely republican voters', defined as those who voted republican last time. Many Paul supporters are independents, first time voters and formerly apathic voters.
- Second, because polls are made over the phone, to land-line phones only. Many or most Paul supporters only have cell phones.
- Third, because the polls may be biased. There have been phone polls where not all candidates were choosable or where choosing 'other candidate' after having the top 4 listed was interpreted as 'this person is not interested and should be skipped'.

Cheers,
ErikM

Patrick_Henry
12-17-2007, 03:02 PM
Is anyone going to youtube this?

Ruby Justice
12-17-2007, 03:14 PM
(whenever I get the chance, I choose to use the term OLD MEDIA instead of MSM. Someone made that suggestion, and I think it's a good one.)

TO JACK:

Ruby Justice December 17th, 2007 3:51 pm ET

Who said Dr. Paul’s numbers are low?? Ha!

Dr. Paul is only low in the “Old Media” polls because the Old Media (OM) take most of their own polls and report on the results in their own pre-fabricated way.

Dr. Paul has won EVERY online poll, and EVERY post-debate online poll, and every international poll and every military poll; but the OM is still in denial and out-of-touch with the free people of America.

-----------------

I can't stand that John King..He tried so hard to downplay the RP question and quickly introduced the McLeiberman bozos, who were standing by and looking very very worried about Cafferty's $6 Million Man report....lol

BuddyRey
12-17-2007, 03:22 PM
Jack, the very simple truth is that any candidate who can raise six million dollars from individual donors in a single day is a front-runner, despite what the very selective and partisan-exclusive polling data indicates. Ask yourself this; if the mainstream media spent just a fraction of the time they currently spend rehashing lame stories about uninspiring Stepford candidates, talking instead about a man who has single-handedly electrified Republicans, Independents, and Democrats alike in an unprecedented ideological revolution, if Ron Paul wouldn't be doing a Hell of a lot better in these polls.

erin moore
12-17-2007, 03:40 PM
bump

QuesoPantera
12-17-2007, 03:44 PM
We should make a ChipIn for a prize if one of you gets on the show :D

Ruby Justice
12-17-2007, 04:01 PM
Of all the responses posted, they chose the lamest..et tu, Jack?.

Monotaur
12-17-2007, 04:09 PM
Well that sucked. He didn't read any that mentioned that Ron Paul's name isn't listed on any poll. Instead, they tended to be more in the conspiracy vein of 'the establishment doesn't like him' (which may be true, but not including his name in the polls is the real reason...)

madman55
12-17-2007, 04:11 PM
Of all the responses posted, they chose the lamest..et tu, Jack?.

I agree. I just watched a 3 minutes segment on his show where they read viewers email. It seems they need some help selecting the GOOD emails to read. Obviously they will not use any emails that bash old media or cnn personally. They wont show any emails that discredit the polls validity because their entire station revolves around thost stupid polls

I am sending an email myself to cafferty right now to express my graditude that they covered Ron Paul at all, but also to show my dissatisfaction to the amount they cover him.

sharedvoice
12-17-2007, 04:18 PM
Mine was: As Wolf Blitzer would say: "Amazing, Amazing Numbers!"... :D

Alex Libman
12-17-2007, 05:25 PM
They are only polling the "Dubya" fanclub from 2004! All Paul supporters I know personally didn't vote for Bush (nor, in most cases, for Kerry). And, like most young people today, they don't have land-line phones, just cellular and VoIP!

And, on top of that, many instances of dishonest questioning have been documented, like excluding Paul in some key states! Some states where he's raising most money per capita and might poll in first place (AK, WY, ID) are being ignored completely! The mainstream media is giving him disproportionally little coverage... All this creates a self-fulfilling prophecy that he can't win, and it's an amazing show of strength that in spite of all that he's doing as well as he is, already breaking into double-digits in some states!

What we have here is the perfect storm of "scientific" polling being completely inaccurate, and Rudy McRomneysonabee will be taken by surprise in the primaries, especially in libertarian-minded New Hampshire!

Ron Paul is the only candidate who can beat Clinton in 2008, and he is the only candidate who can bring to the polls 10+ million of apathetic voters who hate politics and politicians, who haven't voted in years, and who only want the Federal Government to protect the borders, guard the coasts and the airspace, and aside from that just to leave them alone!

econojon
12-17-2007, 05:39 PM
This is not the Youtube footage from today, but he did ask a question to Ron Paul viewers on Oct. 4th entitled "Should people listen to Ron Paul?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFAEDom3j8M

zbus12
12-17-2007, 05:50 PM
Is anyone going to youtube this?

video here....

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/politics/2007/12/17/cafferty.file.12.17.07.cnn

kojirodensetsu
12-17-2007, 07:16 PM
I thought the responses they showed were pretty good. I especially liked the one where they mentioned how this should be getting more coverage because the republican party is like a business and the ron paul supporters are like the share holders revolting. What I don't get though is why they choose one that said like "Ron Paul's message stinks." I mean I'm ok with a response that doesn't put Ron Paul in good light, but that's the best anti-Paul response they got? Really?