PDA

View Full Version : Today's Cafferty file is about Ron Paul

theshadowranger
12-17-2007, 12:59 PM
Jack Cafferty's first question today is:

If Ron Paul can raise more than 6 million in one day, why isn't he higher in the polls?

here is the URL

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/situation.room/

go post an answer

rollingpig
12-17-2007, 01:01 PM
you go Jack!

1town
12-17-2007, 01:01 PM
Cafferty is awesome =)

Bergie Bergeron
12-17-2007, 01:03 PM
Marry me Jack.

Oliver
12-17-2007, 01:03 PM
Argh. Is there no CNN stream somewhere? I only
get CNN international here in Europe...

Anyway: Great News - Cafferty treated Ron very
positive all the time. Thanks for that. :)

peznex
12-17-2007, 01:05 PM
Amazing!

Here is the comment link:
http://caffertyfile.blogs.cnn.com/2007/12/17/ron-paul%e2%80%99s-%e2%80%9cmoney-bomb%e2%80%9d/

1913_to_2008
12-17-2007, 01:07 PM
WELL, i GUESS WE SHOULD ALL ANSWER HIS QESTION

Shellshock1918
12-17-2007, 01:08 PM
Be sure to youtube it.

pacelli
Thanks for the post and link, comment sent.

piotr1
So its gonna be on at 4pm eastern?

user
12-17-2007, 01:09 PM
Awesome, I love the setup questions he comes up with. :D

MEGAMERICAN
12-17-2007, 01:10 PM
Answer sent!

UtahApocalypse
Sent in mine:

Most polls only contact those who voted in the past election cycle. They also target "Likely Republican" voters. Ron Paul draws his support from all walks of life, and across all party lines. There is no efficient way to count us, but we will be counted come the primaries!

rollingpig
submit your answers everyone, make sure the answer grabs viewers attention by stating some of ron paul's positions rather than just say the polls are rigged. we dont need the viewers think that we are just a small group of people and feel sorry for us.

speciallyblend
please someone you tube this for me,

SWATH
"Because the polls are the last buffer between perception and reality. Paul has a lot of money and ranks low in the polls, he gets no media attention. Huckabee has no money, ranks high in the polls, and turns the news into the Huckabee show. The polls are a way to control reality by controlling perception. I thought everybody knew this."

Ethek
WELL, i GUESS WE SHOULD ALL ANSWER HIS QESTION

Yes, lets refrain from conspiracy theories.
Instead I think we should misdirect a bit and highlight how the press hyped how much Hillary spent on her website or how much Obama has invested in the internet.

Now that a true internet grassroots campaign as emerged its being dismissed and ignored.

Ridiculous
12-17-2007, 01:12 PM
Tried to keep it somewhat short while giving a credible explanation.

"Ron Paul isn’t higher in the polls because pollsters call likely primary voters. Many of the Ron Paul supporters I know have been apathetic to politics and have never voted in a primary before. In addition, Paul has more support from younger voters than the other Republican candidates and many of these people only use mobile phones; the pollsters only call land lines. Come election time, people will be in for a shock…"

peznex
12-17-2007, 01:13 PM

I found this but i don't think it's TV

http://www.cnn.com/video/live/live.html?stream=stream1

user
12-17-2007, 01:15 PM
Does anybody remember where that poll that said only 51% of Americans knew who Ron Paul is and something like 24% knew his positions is? Combine that with the MSM's lack of RP coverage (as reported by CNN themselves, remember?) and we have a good answer. And this one doesn't even get into the "likely GOP voters" and landlines.

jumpyg1258
12-17-2007, 01:16 PM
Here was my answer to his question...

Ron Paul is not placing higher in the polls due to who is conducting these polls, the mainstream media. This mainstream media claims they have no bias with catchy slogans such as "fair and balanced" but then pronounces that they endorse only certain candidates as shown by several newspapers today. If you want to look at some real poll numbers, look to the straw polls. Out of 48 straw polls held around the nation, Ron Paul has won 27 of them and came in 2nd place in 7 more.

jcbraithwaite7
12-17-2007, 01:17 PM
Here is what I sent:

Ron Paul isn't showing up in the polls because there are several polls that leave him off. One automated phone poll here in Florida left him off and when you press 6 for other it actually removes you from future phone polls. Sounds like a good way to scrub Ron Paul supporters from calling lists. Many supporters are young and have never been registered before so they aren't on the polling radar. Jack, Ron Paul got the endorsement and money from thousands of Americans but all we have seen is McCain and Lieberman ALL day long. You tell me why Ron Paul polls low.

DrNoZone
12-17-2007, 01:18 PM
I sent my comment in.

Shellshock1918
12-17-2007, 01:18 PM
Be sure to youtube it.

scubasteve01
12-17-2007, 01:20 PM

Right here

http://www.cnn.com/audio/radio/cnntv.html

peznex
12-17-2007, 01:20 PM
Right here

That's it! Thanks.:D

schmeisser
12-17-2007, 01:21 PM
Your comment is awaiting moderation.
If Dr. Paul had one half of the free media coverage of the “usual suspects”, he’d already be running away with this thing. By every other objective measure Ron Paul is king.

Most Straw Poll wins - check
Most candidate signs - check
Most meetup groups/members - check
Most online poll wins - check
Most attendance at rally - check
Most money - check that one today

I have never been one of those conspiracy minded folks, but I may have to reevaluate that after this election cycle. The Republican machine should be trumpeting this huge news of beating Kerry (D)’s fundraising record - especially considering how broke the GOP is.

Ridiculous
Here is what I sent:

Ron Paul isn't showing up in the polls because there are several polls that leave him off. One automated phone poll here in Florida left him off and when you press 6 for other it actually removes you from future phone polls. Sounds like a good way to scrub Ron Paul supporters from calling lists. Many supporters are young and have never been registered before so they aren't on the polling radar. Jack, Ron Paul got the endorsement and money from thousands of Americans but all we have seen is McCain and Lieberman ALL day long. You tell me why Ron Paul polls low.

This won't get put on the air because you can't back up the "when you press 6 for other it actually removes you from future phone polls" part.

You have to make sure that anything you say in your statement is easily verifiable, or just an opinion otherwise it won't get aired.

michaelwise
My first comment,

It’s quite simple Jack,
Anyone with a brain knows the Mainstream media ignores him.
A better question would be; How did Ron Paul receive 6 million dollars in cold hard cash in a single day, and over 18 million dollars so far this quarter from ordinary people, with so little mainstream media attention?

JAHOGS
12-17-2007, 01:22 PM
"He is high in the polls.... Straw polls that is."

thePhilosopher
Sent my comment. Cafferty isn't too bad of a guy, I used to not be able to stand him, but I guess there's just no place in my heart for crusty old journalists. He's alright.

reduen
Good afternoon Mr. Cafferty

Why does Ron Paul not poll in higher numbers?

Kind of hard to do well in a poll that does not even include your name as an option

(Oh yeah, this is happening!)

Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSYiUAaBd1U

RonPaulJunkie
He must not be talking about straw polls or text polls.

EvilEngineer
12-17-2007, 01:23 PM
My comment.

Jack, land line polling is flawed in the age of the cell phones and caller id. The truth is that Paul's support has already materialized into real votes. He has won the majority of the GOP straw polls, and hands down won the first ever national caucus held on December 7th. When it comes down to real people getting out to vote, Dr. Paul wins! The media just doesn't seem to want to talk about it.

Oliver
12-17-2007, 01:24 PM
I found this but i don't think it's TV

http://www.cnn.com/video/live/live.html?stream=stream1

That's their "latest news streams" whenever there
is an interesting issue. Unfortunately, it's not the
regular program, so Cafferty will not be "aired" there.

But thank you nevertheless. :)

Falseflagop
Good afternoon Mr. Cafferty

Why does Ron Paul not poll in higher numbers?

Kind of hard to do well in a poll that does not even include your name as an option

(Oh yeah, this is happening!)

Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSYiUAaBd1U

Is ent a similar one but could find teh youtube great job, now will he post this letter?

hellah10
i <3 Jack!!!

Abobo
12-17-2007, 01:25 PM
"Telephone based polls are always quoted as if they are the be all and end all of politics. But frankly they are irrelevant. Who has won the most straw polls? Ron Paul. Who has the largest grassroots support? Ron Paul. Who has the most online support? Ron Paul. No one should care if Ron Paul supporters don't respond to telephone polls -- we are just too busy winning elections and changing minds."

Ridiculous
12-17-2007, 01:26 PM
Petition to get Jack his own show:

http://www.givecaffertyashow.com/

JAHOGS
12-17-2007, 01:26 PM
"He is high in the polls"

Signed Straw Polls and Text Polls

Maverick
12-17-2007, 01:27 PM
Sent mine off.

Hi Jack, I think you and I both know why Ron Paul doesn't seem to have any support in the polls. It's because the "official" poll data is collected, spun, and disseminated by groups that have a vested interest in seeing the big government, pro-war status quo continue. I honestly cannot understand why so much stock is put in these polls in the first place. Look around and ask yourself...when Ron Paul wins every online poll, text poll, has so many people rallying to his cause that even Rudy has to say "Gee, you sure have a LOT of supporters," and shatters every single-day fundraising record of ANY candidate in history, which do you believe? But the mainstream media has decided to create their own reality with the "official" polls.

tamor
12-17-2007, 01:29 PM
My Comment

When I look at national poll results, I ask myself three things 1. How many people were polled? If less than 2000 people were polled, I do not give it a second look because it is not statistically significant, in my opinion. 2. Who commissioned this poll and what were the motives? Many times wording is slanted toward a specific viewpoint. Some polls have not even included Dr. Ron Paul as an option. 3. How was the data gathered? Most national polls that the main stream media has deemed as news-worthy are taken via land-line phones, elliminating many people including me. This is truly an outdated way of taking a poll.
Therefore, if there were a poll that was statistically significant, commissioned by an objective entity and utilizing secure new technologies, I feel positive that Ron Paul would win by a landslide.

TheNewYorker
12-17-2007, 01:31 PM
My comment:

The answer is a simple one. The polls are polling only individuals that voted republican in the last election. That makes up a very small minority of real voters in this upcoming election, since after Bush, many jumped ship.

Ron Paul draws a lot of his support not only from Republicans but also from Independants and Democrats who switched over from their parties and have never voted Republican before. Those voters are not included in the polls.

Does Ron Paul have a chance though? Well, history often repeats itself. At this time in 2003, John Kerry was actually polling slightly LESS than what Ron Paul is polling now - but he still went on to win the nomination. That right there, is pretty much proof that the polls cannot be taken seriously this early into the game.

Craig_R
12-17-2007, 01:31 PM
blimp

greves
12-17-2007, 01:33 PM
Sent mine!

There are a thousand reasons why Ron Paul isn't higher in the polls - where to begin?

The biggest, probably, is no longer name recognition, but name association. Ron Paul is harassed by the media on a daily basis as being associated with bigots, anarchists, and all other manner of crazies. The fact is that the man is honest, straightforward, and a real academic - this doesn't leave much for the media to hype up! A friend recently told me that he didn't want a Ron Paul bumper sticker out of fear that his friends would label him an 'intellectual.'

What the media ought to be doing is digging for the truth, not the dirt. If they did their job properly, millions more would be flocking to Ron Paul as he's the only politician bearing a message that really makes sense in these times of sensationalism and inflated egos. Ron Paul's message is simple and humble, yet strong and inspiring: peace and freedom for all.

ChristopherJ
12-17-2007, 01:34 PM
Here's my comment

Because we can't get any TV time Jack. Seems like you're the only one willing to give Ron Paul a decent chance and the Paulites love you for it!

We want everyone out there to see what a wonderfully honest and intelligent man Ron Paul is but all they get is Hillary, Obama, or Rudy McRomney 24/7. I have to be honest it's getting really frustrating Jack. What do we have to do to get some respect?

Hopefully I'll appeal to his vanity :p

freedominnumbers
12-17-2007, 01:35 PM
My email:

It’s simple Jack. Millions of supporters can go online whenever they want and make their voices heard by donating. On the other hand, I don’t know a single fellow Ron Paul supporter who has ever had the opportunity to participate in these so called scientific polls.

I think Pollster Frank Luntz explains why Ron Paul is not polling higher very clearly in these excerpts from an interview made famous by Penn and Teller.

“The key in survey research is to ask questions that people care about the answers and to ask the question in a way that you get the right answer…”

“…What you will find is that virtually the same question just a single change of wording you’ll get a very different reaction in terms of how they think and how they feel.”

In short Jack, the polls tell us what the sponsor wants us to hear. It has always been that way and will always be that way. I can only hope that one day the news outlets who report these polls will grow a conscience and restore some credibility to the word “news”.

texasbelle
12-17-2007, 01:37 PM
"Many of those who will vote in the primary for Ron Paul are first time voters and they are not being 'polled'. At 32, I finally registered to vote after years of utter disgust with politics. Ron Paul cured my apathy"

Energy
I didn't submit this but can you imagine if there was a more active free market for polls? I would trust a Google-sponsored poll (with tons of transparency and rock-solid voter authentication system) than these silly land-line polls.

hillertexas
My email:
National polls are archaic and will soon fall by the wayside like 8 track tapes, VHS tapes, and yes, landline phones. These polls absolutely do not reflect what is really on the horizon of the political landscape today. The sun is about to rise, and it's name is Ron Paul.

Ridiculous
12-17-2007, 01:41 PM
"The polls don't mean anything at this point. In November and December of 2003, Kerry was polling around the same percentage as Al Sharpton.

Check if you don't believe me..."

kjk437
Here's mine:

Ron Paul's message is resonating with a segment of the population that doesn't usually subscribe to traditional media services and, as such, doesn't lend itself well to traditional polling methods. For example, my wife and I, both soon-to-be first time presidential voters in college, do not use a landline phone and so have never been called to give our opinion on the political landscape. Our voice is heard through forums and blogs across the internet and by our online donations to Dr. Paul's campaign.

Falseflagop
Go jack flood his comment page!

dirka
12-17-2007, 01:42 PM
Two Simple Reasons:
1. They never test his name in the phone call polls
2. 90% of his support comes from people that have never voted before or are switching parties

I don't know how phone polls with no dedicated support can be more important than tens of thousands of people willing to give their hard earned money to a candidate during the Christmas season no less!

freedominnumbers
12-17-2007, 01:43 PM
Doh. Cancel.

DealzOnWheelz
12-17-2007, 01:44 PM
Well Jack it can be sumed up in one phrase “Human Error”

Now let me elaborate, Polling companies have stated that when polling they are calling republicans that voted in the last primary. That was four years ago and alot of people have since turned 18 who they are not polling. Second they only call landlines which being in the automotive sales industry I know not alot of people have/answer landlines especially with the invention of caller id. These polls also do not include independats or 3rd parties or democrats like myself that registered republican just for the good Dr Money Bags.

The worst reason which really pains me to know is the fact that Ron Paul isn’t even a choice. If you go on youtube and do a search for republican phone polling you will find a video with audio of a poller calling and the only choices you have are the Media elected(ie Mitt Romney, “Tax Hike” Mike Huckaby, Rudy “9/11″ Ghouliani, and John McCain/Thompson) And then you get the option of OTHER

I didn’t know John Other was running?!?

Sadly our process for choosing a president has been reduced to a popularuty contest similar to that at a Home Coming Prom to choose the Homecoming King/Queen.

Aside from the fact that the Mainstream media promises that Dr Paul is a kook, fringe, longshot, no chance, waste of vote, 3rd party and any other disparraging titles that they want to give him.

I’m deeply discouraged in the American Way. We now disregard policy and position and in place judge a candidate based on some of the “characters” that may support his policies and positions.

What has America Become?? That should be the question of the hour.

Thank you for considering my comments
A concerned Patriot
Christopher Deal

PS- Jack I have to thank you personally as I feel you have been one of the most fair and unbiased journalists to discuss Dr. Paul on your program

texasbelle
National polls are archaic and will soon fall by the wayside like 8 track tapes, VHS tapes, and yes, landline phones. These polls absolutely do not reflect what is really on the horizon of the political landscape today. The sun is about to rise, and it's name is Ron Paul.

love this one!

TheNewYorker
when will this be on?

Ridiculous
12-17-2007, 01:47 PM
Between 4 & 5 PM

dfalken
12-17-2007, 01:49 PM
This is what I sent to Jack:

The main reason traditional polls are not representative of true support for Ron Paul is their focus on Republican primary voters from the last election. Ron Paul's support base goes way beyond that. My wife and I attended the New York Headquarters party on Saturday night to kick off the fund raiser at midnight and were amazed to see the diversity amongst the several hundred attendees. We are both life long Republicans but were guessing that 25% or less of the people there looked like they might have been registered as Republicans in the last primary. We informally polled many in the crowd and it seems our suspicions were correct. Fact is neither my wife nor I have cast a ballot in any election since 2000, so our names can be added to silenced majority not represented in the traditional polls. Add to that the devotion we all have to this campaign, and I think the big losers in the coming primaries are going to be the polling outfits!

brumans
12-17-2007, 01:50 PM
Sent in my response.

Ridiculous
12-17-2007, 01:51 PM
Nothing longer than three sentences ever gets put on the air. Remember that your question needs to fit into two "slides" that they display next to his head.

mavtek
12-17-2007, 01:52 PM
Maybe Ron Paul is wrong about the Dollar being worthless and losing it's value all over the world. Maybe it's these polls we keep hearing about that are worthless.

That's what I sent.

olehounddog
12-17-2007, 01:56 PM
sent

SJohnsson
12-17-2007, 01:57 PM
Mine:

A peculiar disconnect indeed. Perhaps 10 second soundbytes promoted by quick and easy political coverage fail to cover the depth and breadth of Ron Paul’s deeply rooted principles. Perhaps those on the internet, indulged in healthy discourse and near unlimited information have unearthed the long forgotten cornerstone of this great republic. Perhaps, Jack, the truth may just really set you free.

crazyfacedjenkins
12-17-2007, 01:58 PM
left my message

chinaCat
12-17-2007, 01:59 PM
I sent something short and sweet. I could've wrote much more, but I wanted the chance for it to be on the air.

Dr. Paul is not higher because of polling metrics and his biggest target: the rational thinkers. Who have long abandoned land-line phones in favor of Cell Phones and Email. The latter often don't even include the congressman. So who is surprised? Not me. Perhaps come primary time the GOP.

First time I ever wrote into anyone like this.

BiPolarBear
12-17-2007, 02:00 PM
My comments to Jack:

Ron Paul is polling low for a number of factors such as lack of inclusion and unscientific polling methods. Polls are the equivalent of the "spin-room" after a debate. Full of useless, unprovable information to appease the wind bags that need something to talk about in order to remain employed due to their lack of any discernible skill.

ChristopherJ
12-17-2007, 02:04 PM
Ron Paul is polling low for a number of factors such as lack of inclusion and unscientific polling methods. Polls are the equivalent of the "spin-room" after a debate. Full of useless, unprovable information to appease the wind bags that need something to talk about in order to remain employed due to their lack of any discernible skill.

Hahaha good one! I can totaly hear Jack reading this :)

nist7
12-17-2007, 02:04 PM
Wow, so many comments and responses already......haha

brianbb98
12-17-2007, 02:07 PM
I love the comments!! Read them all and I have no doubt at least one of them from here will be on... who will win? :) I read them to myself as if Jack was saying it, love that mans voice when he talks about the great doctor.

rollingpig
12-17-2007, 02:08 PM
Freedom, Prosperity and Peace! I don't see any reason of that not being popular. These early polls are conducted on the republicans who voted for Bush last time. Huckabee's high numbers confirms that.
Take a look around the streets of America. People who never voted in their life are now waving signs in the snow trying to spread the "good news" that there's finally a candidate OF the people. Finally a candidate that speaks and acts according to principle. People are waking up from apathy and running for president through Ron Paul.

Energy
12-17-2007, 02:09 PM
Short and simple:

What's the fascination with land-line polls anyway?

Do we need the opinions of a select group of people to drive our our decision-making process ?

Falseflagop
12-17-2007, 02:11 PM
over 85 comments and counting so far!

Brainsnake
12-17-2007, 02:11 PM
My reply:

There are two main reasons why Ron Paul seems to not be high in the polls. The first is the fact that a lot of "official" polls tend to like to exclude Ron Paul, or place him in the "Other" category. The second is that when Ron Paul does win polls, the media seems to like to not report the poll, or consider it illegitimate. In reality, when Ron Paul is included in a fair poll, he almost always wins it in a landslide.

amonasro
12-17-2007, 02:12 PM
"Simple. The polls cited by the main-stream media only poll likely Republican voters, i.e. those who voted for Bush in 2004. Ron Paul draws support from a much wider range of people: Democrats, Independents, and most importantly, disenfranchised Republicans.

If there is anyone who can revive the shattered GOP it is Ron Paul."

alieas007
12-17-2007, 02:21 PM
http://advancingnetworks.com/media/blitzer_amazing.jpg

benhaskins
12-17-2007, 02:24 PM
the only real polls are at the primaries. if they aren't rigged by the voting machines.

FreeTraveler
12-17-2007, 02:24 PM
I took a somewhat different approach:

Well-known pollster Frank Luntz has said it's important to "Ask a question in the way that you get the right answer."

Ask instead, "Why do those who commission polls, and those who report them, wish to marginalize the candidacy of the one candidate who has held consistent positions in support of the Constitution?"

Dr. Paul speaks truth to power when he explains the causes of America's current problems, including the soaring cost of living, the errosion of our civil liberties, the ongoing military expansion, and illegal immigration.

Which suggests one final question: "Why would those who have led us down the wrong path for so long, and those who profit, wish to hide those answers from "We, the people"?

(Source of the quote above: Penn & Teller interview with Frank Luntz, available in video format here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If9EWDB_zK4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If9EWDB_zK4) at 32 seconds.)

Falseflagop
12-17-2007, 02:27 PM
over 139 comments ! WOW the McCain LIARbermen ques has 7 !!

GO RON !

Oliver
12-17-2007, 02:34 PM
over 139 comments ! WOW the McCain LIARbermen ques has 7 !!

GO RON !

Maybe they should spend more focus on the
amount of comments - instead issues no one
replies to?

newbitech
12-17-2007, 02:36 PM
4 p.m.: If Ron Paul can raise more than $6 million in one day, how come he's not higher in the polls?

The polls are lagging what is really happening because the polls are hopelessly static.

Facts:
Ron Paul has about 120k individual contributors this quarter. (ronpaul2008.com)
The United States has a Population: 301,139,947 (July 2007 est.) (cia.gov)
According to this tracker, Doctor Paul Polls at an average of 4.5% nationally.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/us/republican_presidential_nomination-192.html
So we are led to believe that 4.5% of Americans support Ron Paul. Thats 13,551,298 people.
If Ron Paul had 4.5% nationally he would have raised over 1 billion dollars on the teaparty.
So this can only mean 1 of 2 things.
Less than 1% of the people who support Ron Paul actually donated to his campaign, or
the polls are an inaccurate way to gauge true support.

Lets step back for a minute and dispel and clarify some assumptions. First, as has been reported by many news outlets, Ron Paul has a very dedicated following of people. How dedicated we don't know.

Next, we know that there is no way all 300 million American's will vote in the primary. Sad but true. So, what will the turn out look like? Well, its happening in the dead of winter. Lets look at the last time a Republican primary took place when there was no Republican incumbent. According to the US Census, the population in the USA in 2000 was 281,421,906.

Next, according to thegreenpapers.com 19,519,539 Republicans voted in the 2000 primaries. Lets assume there will be a similar turnout year where about 7% of the population (.0693) will turnout to vote republican. 7% with todays population is 20,887,190. So if Doctor Paul is polling 4.5% of likely voters nationally that would mean his chunk of that is 939,923 voters. That means that about 13% of Pauls supporters have donated this quarter and 7% donated on largest fundraising day in political fundraising history.

Finally, lets consider the 25,000 new donors the Paul Campaigned picked up as of yesterday. If Doctor Pauls support/donor ratio this month is 10:1, that means that the campaign likely picked up and additional 250K new voters in 1 day.

There is no way for static polling that is currently done to reflect this increase in popularity. In fact, I think the polls may be lagging by as much as 2 months when attempting to indicate support. What is even more remarkable is that even though Paul's support is lagging in the poll thus, lackluster MSM coverage, Paul's support base continues to double and triple at an unprecedented rate.

The Polls are worthless when it comes to trying to figure out what 300 MILLION people will do and as long as Paul keeps picking up people who have never voted republican, don't own landline phones, crossing party lines, coming out of the independant woodwork, and not involved in politics in general, then you can expect the polls to be completely useless come primary and caucus time.

This is election cycle and specifically Ron Paul's Presidential campaign is really turning out to be a battle between Old Media and the internet. This is a battle of We the People vs Status Quo. We want change and we want your old school polls which determine who gets on OUR TV sets to take a hike. Money talks, garbage polls walk.

Sandra
12-17-2007, 02:37 PM
My answer:

Jack, If Ron Paul won the presidency, it would pose a threat to every pork barrel project the federal government has created in the form of know nothing government agencies and their do nothing services. Pollsters are hand in hand with the pork, hired to promote the need for thier existence to masses. Do you think for a minute that they are going to promote Ron Paul at the expense of their masters?

Yep, Jack, YEE HAA!! It’s time for a pork barrel BBQ compliments of Ron Paul - Texas style!

P.S. Pollsters will need extra garlic salt.

Falseflagop
12-17-2007, 02:46 PM
20 min until JACK !!! I bet a huge lead up to JACK by Wolfie first so watch at 4:00 !

FreedomWon
12-17-2007, 02:46 PM
Very good - commment sent - there are many comments for him to choose from.

robertwerden
12-17-2007, 02:51 PM
My answer to Jack:

Jack, Polls are phone calls made to people who voted in 2000 and 2004.
No Ron Paul supporter would ever have voted for Bush!
We are the 100,000,000 people who typically don't vote. Get ready for a landslide upset.

TheNewYorker
12-17-2007, 02:57 PM
3 minutes. get your dvr's ready. this needs utubed.

peznex
12-17-2007, 03:00 PM
Closing bell! It's coming up!

crhoades
12-17-2007, 03:01 PM
It should come as no surprise. In CNN’s own YouTube debate the questions picked for him were deplorable. One was trying to make him look conspiritorial whereas the other one asked if he was going to run 3rd party for the umpteenth time. I’m sure if America would hear of his views of limited government, fiscal conservativism, and a strong national defense - his numbers would be higher.

Basically - CNN's YouTube debate was a good example of media bias against him and helps to keep the numbers low.

ross11988
12-17-2007, 03:02 PM
No AIPAC Wolf Blitzer today....

voytechs
12-17-2007, 03:06 PM
YouTube recorder all fired up and ready!!!

pacelli
12-17-2007, 03:07 PM
Cafferty is on now talking about Ron Paul. No youtube here.

hellah10
12-17-2007, 03:08 PM
bah! im at work... someone get the youtube ready :)

Jaykzo
12-17-2007, 03:08 PM
Awesome.

d991
12-17-2007, 03:09 PM
Great talk about Dr. Paul by Cafferty! And he complimented all the Ron Paul supporters out there and their dedication.

pacelli
Cafferty will read the answers to the 4pm question soon when they go back to him. He said that he's already received 700-800 responses.

peznex
We control the Internet! HAHA!
http://content.ytmnd.com/content/5/5/3/55308575d3f3dadb9cfa6216850a80f1.jpghttp://content.ytmnd.com/content/5/5/3/55308575d3f3dadb9cfa6216850a80f1.jpg

thePhilosopher
12-17-2007, 03:10 PM
I'm very very pleased with the way Mr. Cafferty handled the topic in question today. Looking forward to some great responses, guys (and maybe even my own!).

alieas007
12-17-2007, 03:10 PM
I'm at work too!!! YouTube and your my new hero :)

peznex
12-17-2007, 03:11 PM
I'm at work too!!! YouTube and your my new hero :)

Listen here:

Right here

awitelin
I though Cafferty's introductory piece about RP supporters was very kind and painted a great picture of us as enthusiastic and positive folks. I hope the comments that everyone sent to Cafferty were polite and on-topic so as not to spoil such a great start!

Troyhand
He already got several hundred emails. LOL
Is that all? I'd expect a few thousand.

Cafferty: "It's pretty AMAZING."
Thanks, Jack. With Wolf on his sabbatical, we knew you'd give us the WORD!

Delain
Great talk about Dr. Paul by Cafferty! And he complimented all the Ron Paul supporters out there and their dedication.

Those 3 spammers at it again?

jd603
12-17-2007, 03:12 PM
They still marginalize him. So sad.

They are also already starting to down-play his win in NH , yes you heard me. They said "there's a lot of libertarians in NH" , blahblah , they will write off NH and PUSH Iowa results.

NH's elections are not corrupt like Iowa's. Iowa had the paperless Diebold machines last elections didn't they? ..and they didn't decertify the machines the way the Florida courts did , did they?

matthylland
12-17-2007, 03:12 PM
Those 3 spammers at it again?

there might be 6 now...

kjk437
12-17-2007, 03:13 PM
So far, an enjoyable report. Looking forward to him reading some of the e-mails.

greves
12-17-2007, 03:14 PM
Is this stream delayed?

schmeisser
12-17-2007, 03:16 PM
Is this stream delayed?

I'm hearing McCain/Lieberman love fest

peznex
12-17-2007, 03:19 PM
Is this stream delayed?

It's just a little delayed.

Forefall
12-17-2007, 03:19 PM
jesus how long are they going to talk to these two douchebags?

Sandra
12-17-2007, 03:20 PM
What is McCain thinking accepting Leiberman's endorsement?

clayton
Jack,

It’s simple. We haven’t figured out how to use our “spam bots” in the “real” polls just yet. Trust me, the Ron Paul Grassroots movement (and American People) will know how to do it in 17 days. Take my word on it.

Forefall

He's just trying to steal as many votes as he cans before he fails miserably.

ronpaulfollower999
12-17-2007, 03:21 PM
Is this stream delayed?

Sounds delayed to me.

Peppy690
yea these two guys need to stop talking

rollingpig

LOL good one

ronpaulfollower999

Because they both love war.

celticsman7
Last week, it was Huckabee. Now, it's McCain. If Paul got the endorsement of Chuck Hagel or Ross Perot I doubt they'd give him this much coverage.

parke
12-17-2007, 03:22 PM
Cafferty really is the man. He sits at his desk and reads what people are talking about. We should all do something for the guy.

cicatrice
I'm hearing McCain/Lieberman love fest

*yaaaaawn* Still going, too!

awitelin

He's thinking he's really, really desperate...

hellah10
12-17-2007, 03:23 PM
im so sick of this mccain liberman crap

BlueGecko
12-17-2007, 03:24 PM
Did we miss it its a pro isreal lobby lovefest:mad:

peznex
12-17-2007, 03:24 PM
This is OK. It gives Cafferty more time to sort out the thousand emails he received and get a good segment together. PLUS, more people are getting home from work today as it gets later.

Shellshock1918
12-17-2007, 03:25 PM
You Tube!

Sandra
How can those two stand to be apart?

voytechs
YouTube: http://youtube.com/watch?v=nm1VlFSFPRs

MarcMadness
12-17-2007, 03:26 PM
Here's what I sent in to Jack...

Why isn't Ron Paul higher in the polls? Maybe the same reason Huckabee suddenly 'surged' in the polls despite barely registering a blip on the fundraising radar. The media creates our reality. If Hillary Clinton or Rudy Guliani raised over 6 million dollars in one day we would never hear the end of it. But since the media pundits have decided for us that Ron Paul is a 'longshot' -- despite his incredible fundraising success, having the most donations from active members of the military and having won more Straw Polls than any other candidate -- that is how he is portrayed, successes be damned. The polls, which I don't tend to give a lot of credence to for a number of reasons, are simply a reflection of the reality that those in the media have crafted for us.

I sometimes wonder if it weren't for you Jack, would we even be hearing about Ron Paul on the Situation Room today?

BlueGecko
12-17-2007, 03:27 PM
ha there going to trash huckabee then hopefully lead into us

peznex
12-17-2007, 03:28 PM
YouTube: http://youtube.com/watch?v=nm1VlFSFPRs

Yes! Great job!

You can see my commment. haha

reaver
12-17-2007, 03:29 PM
The real question is why Giuliani, McCain, and Huckabee still can't win straw polls but top their phone polls.

RevolutionSD
12-17-2007, 03:33 PM
MAN I AM SO NAUSEOUS HAVING TO WATCH CNN PROMOTE MCCAIN AND HIS WAR MONGERING BUDDY LIEBERMANN!!!!!! :mad:

thePhilosopher
12-17-2007, 03:34 PM

Why isn't Ron Paul higher in the polls? Maybe the same reason Huckabee suddenly 'surged' in the polls despite barely registering a blip on the fundraising radar. The media creates our reality. If Hillary Clinton or Rudy Guliani raised over 6 million dollars in one day we would never hear the end of it. But since the media pundits have decided for us that Ron Paul is a 'longshot' -- despite his incredible fundraising success, having the most donations from active members of the military and having won more Straw Polls than any other candidate -- that is how he is portrayed, successes be damned. The polls, which I don't tend to give a lot of credence to for a number of reasons, are simply a reflection of the reality that those in the media have crafted for us.

I sometimes wonder if it weren't for you Jack, would we even be hearing about Ron Paul on the Situation Room today?

Nicely done, sir. I've made similar points, mostly demonstrating that phone polls are obsolete.

wfd40
12-17-2007, 03:35 PM

That was put very well..

Thanks you sir

:)

Sandra
12-17-2007, 03:36 PM
When did Hillary lose her Southern accent?

ronpaulfollower999
12-17-2007, 03:37 PM
The real question is why Giuliani, McCain, and Huckabee still can't win straw polls but top their phone polls.

Cant figure that one out either.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Straw_poll_results2.jpg

Paul- 17
Romney- 9
Thompson- 6
Hunter- 2
Huckabee- 2
Giuliani- 1

thePhilosopher
I love Hillary talking about who she is when the cameras aren't rolling and when no one is taking notes in front of cameras and reporters. The circularity makes me dizzy!:confused::D

greves
When did Hillary lose her Southern accent?

When she wasn't talking to Southern voters.

lasenorita
That's an awesome response MarcMadness. Mine probably won't get past the moderator, but who knows? :p

Here’s my question: If Ron Paul supporters independent from the campaign can raise $6 million in one day, why can’t I-am-higher-in-the-polls-than-thou Giuliabee McRompson?

TheNewYorker
When is he going to pick one of our answers to his question?

BlueGecko
12-17-2007, 03:38 PM
ITS the in two more segments maybe 5 min ?

Sandra
12-17-2007, 03:38 PM
Jack's on after this commercial!

brianbb98
12-17-2007, 03:39 PM
live feed anywhere??

rollingpig
12-17-2007, 03:40 PM
live feed anywhere??

StateofTrance
CNN TV : Free Radio Streaming <Hear Jack Cafferty here>

aspiringconstitutionalist
I think Cafferty's question should have been turned around: "If the other candidates have so much popular support, why can't they raise as much money as Ron Paul?"

BlueGecko
Someone grabbing for youtube ?

Troyhand
12-17-2007, 03:41 PM
mine

Quote:
Because the polls you show use the antiquated method of calling landlines only and do not reach out to the vast numbers of people that just have cellphones. Because the polls you show question only voters from the previous election and have no clue how many new voters are waiting off the radar ready to elect Ron Paul. Because Ron Paul is a serious threat to the establishment. But you folks in the media already knew that.

sent

rollingpig
12-17-2007, 03:42 PM
dont you just hate bush??

devil21
12-17-2007, 03:44 PM
Nice plug for RP on Beck tomorrow shown.

brandon
Just ran a commercial about ron paul on glenn beck on cnn.

brianbb98
Nice plug for RP on Beck tomorrow shown.

you people are fast! not a second after i heard it myself..

BlueGecko
Oh god I just puked a little in my mouth, I didn't see the Bush speech coming quick enough to mute it....

MRoCkEd
12-17-2007, 03:46 PM
Just ran a commercial about ron paul on glenn beck on cnn.
yeah, what a great feeling to hear "RON PAUL" right when i turn on my tv

RevolutionSD
I got tired of watching crap like Bush on CNN so I had to turn off the TV. Someone please Youtube it quickly!!

mconder
Please Youtube This!!

rollingpig
12-17-2007, 03:48 PM
Oh god I just puked a little in my mouth, I didn't see the Bush speech coming quick enough to mute it....

how did u react to the earlier segment?
McCain & Lieberman , 2 men, 1 cup

sirachman
12-17-2007, 03:52 PM
Has it been on yet?

BlueGecko
12-17-2007, 03:53 PM
how did u react to the earlier segment?
McCain & Lieberman , 2 men, 1 cup

That future leads to a worse middle east if that's possible with those two Isreal can do not wrong and Iran war comes up next week

ha ha 2 men 1 cup, classic just gotta make sure its kosher

1913_to_2008
12-17-2007, 03:53 PM
not yet

JoeySweets
12-17-2007, 03:54 PM
Didn't ask the Panel ONCE about the BIGGEST FUNDRAISING DAY IN POLITICAL HISTORY..

how can you not bring that Up.

Bogus

SJohnsson
dear god, put the doctor on already

BlueGecko
Has it been on yet?

the first part about 6 mill but the q and a emails are coming up

devil21
Hold!

SJohnsson
12-17-2007, 03:55 PM
Didn't ask the Panel ONCE about the BIGGEST FUNDRAISING DAY IN POLITICAL HISTORY..

how can you not bring that Up.

Bogus

It really is stupefying, but it makes us firmer in our resolve

greves
12-17-2007, 03:57 PM
Is he on yet? Isn't the show over in 3 minutes?

u2canbfmj
Jack,

FU FRANK

Penn & Teller

shepburn
They always hold out Ron Paul til the end .... do they know something about how many of us there are??? I guess so!

lol

shepburn
Ghouliani is givin' up on New Hampshire!

haha

SJohnsson
They always hold out Ron Paul til the end .... do they know something about how many of us there are??? I guess so!

lol

and it works every time

newbitech
OMG I know why I threw away my tv 5 years ago! I am listening to this streaming and there is some commercial that says happy holiDUHs!! F these people man!

BlueGecko
12-17-2007, 03:58 PM
Its On!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shepburn
Huckatard is broke!

sirachman
woot its on:)

newbitech
here we go.

shepburn
I don't like the first email, but most of them rocked it!

BlueGecko
12-17-2007, 03:59 PM
good emails 1 bad

shepburn
12-17-2007, 04:00 PM
John King is a tool box

sirachman
That rocked. Anyone see the 5billion responses that question got? Yeah. We rock.

AggieforPaul
youtube

StateofTrance
Not bad.

werdd
1 said, ron pauls message sucks, hahahah - the intelligence of Ron Paul defectors.

devil21
"Because his message sucks". Wow, kudos to whoever the genius that crafted that response is. :rolleyes:

newbitech
meh, that was kinda crap. didn't answer the question.

BLS
John King is a tool box

No shit....agreed.

BlueGecko
Damn no email about how polls only represent 2004 Bushies

amonasro
"His message sucks" ???

WTF is with that? What a stupid email.

2young2vote
good emails 1 bad

Yup and the bad one had absolutely no facts to back it up. It just shows us that they don't like him because they are american freedom haters.

peznex
The first part was alot better.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm1VlFSFPRs

thePhilosopher
12-17-2007, 04:01 PM
I love how none of the letters mentioned that the polls are primarily based on land-line polling of Republicans that registered in 2004 for the election. That's clearly why Ron isn't polling higher, but I guess that answer is too simple and rational to be true.

StateofTrance
"His message sucks" --- well Jack wanted to show how stupid people could be by writing like that. Jack did us a favor.

Mental Dribble
I did not like blitzers replacements comment "I told you they would be interesting" SCREW YOU DUDE

Spike Kojima
12-17-2007, 04:02 PM
Not one mention that he isnt even on all polls or that the polls aren't reaching new or returning Republicans.

peznex
I did not like blitzers replacements comment "I told you they would be interesting" SCREW YOU DUDE

Yeah, WTF was up with that??

FreedomProsperityPeace
I thought those letters were awesome. :D

fgd
youtube 2nd half?

devil21
12-17-2007, 04:03 PM
I thought those letters were awesome. :D

They weren't bad but they didn't really get to the heart of the polling issues. Probably intentionally.

newbitech
none of those answers had anything to do with the tea party which had 25k first time donors. None of those answers had anything to do with the money raised. They still only focused on the polls. I wish someone would shove a poll.........

weatherbill
It Was Awsome! It Was On At About 3:58

JayAre
12-17-2007, 04:04 PM
Not one mention that he isnt even on all polls or that the polls aren't reaching new or returning Republicans.

i know, wtf, thats probably the biggest reason he's not higher in the polls.

PatriotOne
Did mine make it? Probably waaaaaay too long for Cafferty but Lew Rockwell picked it up as one of the insightfuls on his blog:

Depends on which poll you are talking about. Do you mean the so-called scientific polls where the GOP party refuses to even name Ron Paul as a choice of candidates on the poll? Do you mean the poll that doesn’t name Ron Paul as a choice but his numbers and his supporter’s are forced to either choose “other” or “undecided” for lack of other options? Or do you mean a poll that only polls Republicans that voted Republican in 2004 which is a very poor reflection of his support? As a person who is very familiar with who is supporting Ron Paul, the real numbers are reflected in a cross section of Americans who are changing parties just for him. Independents, Democrats, Libertarians, Republicans, people who have never even voted before, and everything else you can imagine. A poll of card carrying Republicans, rarely even given the choice of Ron Paul as an option, is a pathetic reflection of his support. The polls are not a reflection of someone’s popularity, it’s just another tool of the NeoCons to manipulate people to tell them who to vote for.
Don’t believe me? Feel free to request the recording one Ron Paul supporter made while being polled a few weeks back. No Ron Paul option and when the person choose “other”, the recording said thanks and told them they would be removed from the calling list. In other words they aren’t interested in polling people who choose Ron Paul. And there are many reports from Ron Paul supporter’s of similar shenanigans.

koob
email responses were great! "he loves the country more than he loves himself." so true.

kalami
none of those answers had anything to do with the tea party which had 25k first time donors. None of those answers had anything to do with the money raised. They still only focused on the polls. I wish someone would shove a poll.........

The question had to do with the polls.

newbitech
12-17-2007, 04:05 PM
The question had to do with the polls.

read the question again.

kalami
12-17-2007, 04:06 PM
"If Ron Paul can raise more than $6 million in one day, how come he's not higher in the polls? "

newbitech
12-17-2007, 04:07 PM
thats right. so did you here anything to do with the first part of the question?

rollingpig
12-17-2007, 04:12 PM
missed the second part.. any utube link ?

bc2208
12-17-2007, 04:53 PM
Was that comment from "John" a Ron Paul comment? He said "check to see who people are endorsing - with their wallets."

This was on the McCain endorsement question.

jcizzle
12-17-2007, 04:54 PM
Clearly was. I think there were at least 2 thinly veiled RP supporters in that segment. :)

newbitech
12-17-2007, 04:56 PM
was thinking the same thing, notice how the host guy was like yeah "your people" and Caferty was like "I'll sick them on you" very telling between the lines stuff going on there.

michaelwise
12-17-2007, 05:02 PM
Cafferty Complete.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGLw_1gIgO8

rg123
12-17-2007, 05:07 PM

I noticed that too and 95% of the post on the blog with that very thing.

The e-mails he read was exactly why they do not report the truth it allways has to be slanted can't win, kook, longshot, etc, etc

newbitech
12-17-2007, 05:08 PM
heh Cafferty calls polls "hypothetical"

BiPolarBear
12-17-2007, 05:10 PM
Cafferty Complete.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGLw_1gIgO8

Thank you! :)

mport1
12-17-2007, 05:11 PM
Everybody mention the only reason he is polling low is because the media won't cover him and when they do they tell the viewer that he is a long-shot, low in the polls, and not gonna win.

hellah10
12-17-2007, 05:12 PM
oh thats awesome.... walter representing Toledo, Ohio!!!!

whoever was the little shit that said his message sucks needs to get his head out of his ass

newbitech
12-17-2007, 05:14 PM
how the hell are they saying that Doctor Paul is short on support but has the most money. When will these fools recognize 28k new donors on Nov. 5th and 25k new donors on Dec 16th?

over 120k donors for the quarter. Will any other candidate come out and say how many individual donors they have? Thats the real poll right there! Damn the media. I am turning this crap off (streaming cnn), its pointless.

Talking about Liberman and McCain ooohhhhh soooo dramatic. that just caught liberman in a lie and they are letting him spin his lies and not calling him on it. f-ing disgusting.