PDA

View Full Version : Quiet down with all the new moneybombs

Dequeant
12-17-2007, 12:48 PM
When Trevor Lyman says "day X is the next money bomb", that's when we're having another moneybomb.

Grassroots support is great, but it's nothing without organisation. Trevor has served us well as our suedo leader, and it shall continue to be.

All these other folks saying "X's birthday: next moneybomb" you're only going to hurt the real moneybomb. 1 big one is far better than 4 small ones.

EDIT: removed that "aggressive tone".

markderidder
12-17-2007, 12:54 PM
here here!

Lets let Trevor set the date. Personally I don't think we need one (or can afford one) until next quarter.

Lets see how things shake out now and focus on winning Iowa and New Hampshire.

-Mark

TheDHC
12-17-2007, 12:58 PM
we're getting bombed with moneybomb suggestions

TheHand
12-17-2007, 12:59 PM
Let's hold off on the next money bomb and let's see what the future brings. We did an incredible thing on the 16th! Let's catch our collective financial breath and now focus on Iowa and New Hampshire since we have the needed cash at this point. Great job everybody! We made history!

Kuldebar
12-17-2007, 01:00 PM
I agree for the most part, too many sporadically announced money bombs attempts will not serve as effectively as a well planned few. Additionally, the steady incoming flow of donations on a daily basis are still very important as an indicator of a growing support base.

Exponent
12-17-2007, 01:01 PM
I can agree with the sentiment somewhat, but don't you think the tone is a bit aggressive? Will such a tone really help? We need to work together (as your post implies), not attack each other. :(

rrcamp
12-17-2007, 01:01 PM
I wish the tone of the post was lighter... it was the grassroots who picked both dates - not Trevor. He made the websites for them (big help, no doubt, but not the originator of the ideas).

People should never try to stifle the grassroots.

It doesn't matter anyway - nobody is going to stop posting ideas because 1 person has a problem with it. Anyway, our open-idea, market-like methods seemed to work well enough the last two times, no?

Dequeant
12-17-2007, 01:03 PM
Yep, you're right, aggressive tone removed.

New York For Paul
12-17-2007, 01:06 PM
Trevor is too busy with the blimp. Let him do that right.

LibertyEagle
12-17-2007, 01:06 PM
When Trevor Lyman says "day X is the next money bomb", that's when we're having another moneybomb.

Grassroots support is great, but it's nothing without organisation. Trevor has served us well as our suedo leader, and it shall continue to be.

All these other folks saying "X's birthday: next moneybomb" just shut up, nobody cares what you think. Wait for him to give the word.

Are you kidding me? I don't want to have another money bomb soon either, if ever, but you are nuts if you think that Trevor is our leader. :rolleyes: If for no other reason, it's not too wise to put all your eggs in one basket. Trevor has done some good things, but he did not come up with the ideas for the money bombs. He built a web site. So please stop it with this bowing down.

What happened to all the libertarian, independent thinking around here, anyway?

JohnnyWrath
12-17-2007, 01:08 PM
Are you basically saying that nobodys input aside from Trevor, who you proclaim our "leader" has any merit? That sum it up?

Shak
12-17-2007, 01:12 PM
No --- I think what the OP is trying to say is that instead of sporadically trying to organize so many money bombs now, lets calmly, as a community and grass roots effort, pick the best date possible and support that completely. That's the only way we can make it efficient.

1913_to_2008
12-17-2007, 01:13 PM
If there ends up being another money bomb for whatever reason, I suggest that we have people apply to be in charge then, we vote.

we could also have requirements like must have 5000+ post and have been a member since June. Like Liberty Eagle (Just so there isn't someone new posing as a supporter that hijacks the whole thinG. Just some ideas.

FOR NOW THOUGH I SAY LETS WORRY ABOUT IOWA NEW HAMPSHIRE AND FACE TO FACE CONTACTS.

Patriot
12-17-2007, 01:15 PM

All these other folks saying "X's birthday: next moneybomb" you're only going to hurt the real moneybomb. 1 big one is far better than 4 small ones.

EDIT: removed that "aggressive tone".

I disagree, this is a grassroots effort. Why wait for Trevor who may or may not declare another money bomb. All Ron Paul supporters should take it upon them selves to do what ever you can to get money, votes and press coverage for Ron Paul.

This sit back and let us tell you what to do attitude, is very un-libertarian. I take my marching orders from the Constitution! :cool:

Dequeant
12-17-2007, 01:18 PM
I'd be good with the forum vote thing.......the individuals that run this forum would be prime candidates. As far as being our "leader", not the "go take that hill soldier" type leader.......i guess organizer would have been a better word.

The basic point is this....

Since last night, more than 10 new dates have been proposed for moneybombs...... I mean, it's great to be so excited, but lets be realistic and tactful here. With 10 moneybombs they'll turn out smaller than Nov 30th......if you rally all our support around one date, like on Nov 5th or Dec 16th, that's what you get, all our support concentrated on one day.

As far as "what happened to all the independents and libertarians", even they have to get organized to get anything of significance done.

Gimme Some Truth
12-17-2007, 01:20 PM
Are you kidding me? I don't want to have another money bomb soon either, if ever, but you are nuts if you think that Trevor is our leader. :rolleyes: If for no other reason, it's not too wise to put all your eggs in one basket. Trevor has done some good things, but he did not come up with the ideas for the money bombs. He built a web site. So please stop it with this bowing down.

Ya , I agree . The Trevor worship is quite embarrassing tbh. Im sure Trevor himself is quite embarrassed by it. He isnt some kind of demi-God high and above all the rest of you people. He is a fellow patriot who has took out alot of time to do what he can for the revolution. Those that worship him shouldnt depend on him , instead should take a leaf out of his book and go that extra mile for the cause of liberty.

I dont want to sound like a Trevor-hater btw. I am far from it. I agreed with the sentiment to "electing" Trevor to sort out the TeaParty website and responded to every feedback , discussion and development thread he posted. I just dont think people should become dependent on "trevor-welfare" , we cant afford it :) .

Dan Klaus
12-17-2007, 01:22 PM
Are you kidding me? I don't want to have another money bomb soon either, if ever, but you are nuts if you think that Trevor is our leader. If for no other reason, it's not too wise to put all your eggs in one basket. Trevor has done some good things, but he did not come up with the ideas for the money bombs. He built a web site. So please stop it with this bowing down.

^^QFT^^

JAlli41
12-17-2007, 01:49 PM
I agree whenever the next money bomb is, it should wait until the next quarter, perhaps Jan. 7th if I had my say, the eve of the NH primary could get some people talking

brandon
12-17-2007, 02:10 PM

Agreed. You people are way to quick to accept a leader. Have some faith in yourself and your fellow man.

Personally, I think the money bomb ideas has run its course this primary season. I will not support another at least until after super tuesday.

snaFU
12-17-2007, 02:18 PM
At this point shouldn't we be focusing on delegates and VOTE BOMBS.

Lacrosseus
12-17-2007, 02:21 PM
I agree whenever the next money bomb is, it should wait until the next quarter, perhaps Jan. 7th if I had my say, the eve of the NH primary could get some people talking

I have a poll on this -- and more than half say 'no' to more moneybombs. It is going to be tough to pull a big one together and with so many people just setting one up without looking for a consensus -- they will all turn into small moneyflops that have no impact other than to keep the grassroots as a whole from coming together

The word Rubicon has been mentioned on here several times and it does sum up this grassroots effort well. According to Wikipedia: "The phrase "crossing the Rubicon" has survived to refer to any people committing themselves irrevocably to a risky and revolutionary course of action."

It just so happens, that this occurred on Jan 10th, 49 B.C. when Ceasar crossed the Rubicon River... The point of no return.

With that said, I thought Jan 10 would be a good day -- right after New Hampshire -- and if that went well, would bring new donors into the effort.

But, I do not see the backing for ANY moneybomb to the level that would be needed to really have an impact.

amy31416
12-17-2007, 02:33 PM
here here!

Lets let Trevor set the date. Personally I don't think we need one (or can afford one) until next quarter.

Lets see how things shake out now and focus on winning Iowa and New Hampshire.

-Mark

I'm personally feeling pretty strapped after giving almost $1,000 so far. We need alternatives, low cost ones.

Not saying I won't donate again, I will, but give this a rest and lets continue on with the most creative campaign ever!

Original_Intent
12-17-2007, 02:39 PM

Hear, Hear!

How quickly people revert to looking to a leader to do things that they should do themselves. Trevor is a great and awesome patriot.

I honestly think money bombs have served their purpose, yes there needs to be a "big push" at the end of the year, but the themed money bombs, I hope we don't have another for a good long while, if ever.

$20 million+ for Q4!

MooCowzRock
12-17-2007, 02:48 PM
Hear, Hear!

How quickly people revert to looking to a leader to do things that they should do themselves. Trevor is a great and awesome patriot.

I honestly think money bombs have served their purpose, yes there needs to be a "big push" at the end of the year, but the themed money bombs, I hope we don't have another for a good long while, if ever.

$20 million+ for Q4!

There is a difference, though. While I agree that we should stop with the moneybombs and go to different strategies, IF we are going to do another one, then because its obvious all of our suggestions will lead people one way or another, we do need a deciding factor in what day we choose. Without that deciding factor, then whatever we decide will be horrible unsuccessful. Right now, Trevor has put himself in a powerful position where if he proposes a day, then we discuss whether we agree with it or not, then he can make the site for it and we can unite under that day and make that day be very powerful.

We're not electing as some leader, we are just recognizing that if we are going to do another moneybomb, in order to maximize the day we want, we're going to have to do it through Trevor. We could just as easily not unite through him, but that would not bring in as much money in a day, and thats a fact.

FreeTraveler
12-17-2007, 02:51 PM
We've raised great money and gotten all the coverage we're going to get with money bombs, but it's time to take it to the next level.

I'd suggest we coordinate the Meetups to create some form of "Support Bomb" the Saturday before the New Year. That's 12 days from today, so it would be a push, but I think it could be done.

I'd suggest 1371 Meetups each target the largest media source in their area, and organize the largest possible sign-waving outside their offices. Even though it will be a Saturday, the word will get to the editorial board that we're there.

The sign-waving shouldn't be a protest; just an opportunity for the media to see Ron Paul's supporters in action, EVERYWHERE!

Be sure to take lots of slim-jims and other handouts.

Oh, and we should probably call it something besides a "Support Bomb", but nothing comes to mind at the moment.

Thunderbolt
12-17-2007, 05:56 PM
For a bunch of folks who don't want a National Government running things, people sure are quick here to try to anoint a President. I think whether or not another money happens will have to depend on the will and desire of the people. The news today has not been terribly impressive. No one cared that Ron Paul did it again and another money bomb will get even older, and get less coverage, so as far as bang for the buck, it won't help that much.

I am terribly encouraged though that 25,000 new people donated to the campaign. I think that is more important than any news coverage. If money bombs bring in new folks, that makes them worth it. But you have to give people a chance to recover, Christmas is coming up and believe it or not, that tends to put a dent in one's finances.

Finally, as far as "Trevor" being the decider here, I find it that idea very sad indeed. Trevor never started any money bomb. He never came up with any of the ideas. He was a soldier, a mere foot soldier who had one job - design a website. Since people's memories seem to worse than a 64 year man's (mine) perhaps you need reminding of a few things:
1. Most people did not like the design of the Nov. 5 website, it was too bloody and violent and Trevor was most inflexible and refused to work with or listen to any ideas at all. One would think that would be enough to teach, but apparently not.

2. This time Trevor again took control of the website and used it for his own purpose, to try to build a profitable business for himself where he takes a large portion of the donations for his and many others' salaries. This action angered a lot of people. He promised to stop using the mailing list to send people messages about other projects. He was very apologetic. The next day or so another Tea Party email came out only this time right in the email he was requesting that people donate to other causes. So much for the apology. This was a very sneaky and misleading move and frankly shocked me. To apologize and then turn around and do it again in less than 24 hours?

Then the big tea party. What happens? Exactly nothing. No emails from Trevor the day before, the only time he bothered to send out an email was when people on this board called his manager, woke him up around noon only to discover that he has some computer problems and it would be several more hours before the message went out. Does anyone know what happened next? The Ron Paul severs started to slow down and people could not donate at all because so many people had signed on at the same time, many turned to the phones and we now find out that none of that money counted in the tea party total for some idiotic reason.

After all of that, in the middle of the tea party one of the blimp group comes on and says they need another 200,000 right now or the blimp won't fly much longer. Funny how the money they need keeps changing after the donations have been accepted. But putting that aside, asking for it in the middle of the Tea Party?

So, we have a man who has not come up with any of the ideas, done nothing but put together websites, been uncooperative in doing so, and fell down on the job of the only thing he was supposed to do for the Tea Party- send out a reminder notice. Now, you want to give him the control again? Are you all masochistic?

I am not saying anything at all about Trevor personally. I don't know the man, I can only judge him by his actions and trust that he will behave in the future the way he behaved in the past (I heard this said about Ron Paul somewhere). I think that is sage advice.

So before you turn over the reigns of any project to one person think long and hard about that person's reputation and voracity. May I suggest at the very least that if another website is ever set up that at least two if not three people have access to it, so that another mess like this will not occur.

idrake
12-17-2007, 06:00 PM
Trevor is too busy with the blimp. Let him do that right.

The blimp seems to be the best worst idea. Great idea, but oops forgot about how the weather plays in.

burningfur
12-17-2007, 06:11 PM
No, we have broken all the fundraising records. It is time to focus on NH, Iowa, and other primary states.

In case you guys don't know there are tons of other independent projects going on, if we focused on one at a time we could feasibly accomplish many, if not ALL of them. There are quite a few listed up at the top of ronpaulforums.com

Examples.

Fur-Fish Magazine.

Shotgun Magazine.

Operation NH.

etc, etc.

Why don't we pick a project and focus on that one until it's funded then move on to the next one?

We NEED a general consensus though. Meaning the grassroots is all behind whatever project it is.

AisA1787
12-17-2007, 06:20 PM
No, we have broken all the fundraising records. It is time to focus on NH, Iowa, and other primary states.

In case you guys don't know there are tons of other independent projects going on, if we focused on one at a time we could feasibly accomplish many, if not ALL of them. There are quite a few listed up at the top of ronpaulforums.com

Examples.

Fur-Fish Magazine.

Shotgun Magazine.

Operation NH.

etc, etc.

Why don't we pick a project and focus on that one until it's funded then move on to the next one?

We NEED a general consensus though. Meaning the grassroots is all behind whatever project it is.

I agree and will be putting whatever dollars I can scrape together towards these type of projects.

AceNZ
12-17-2007, 06:28 PM
Look at the poor media coverage of the Tea Party. Another money bomb would be even worse. Why bother? Just donate what you can, when you can. The sooner the campaign receives your donation, the more impact it will have. The only reason to wait for a money bomb date in the past was in the hope of generating publicity, and those days are over.

Having said that, if someone wants to declare another money bomb day, then let them. I won't participate, nor will anyone I know, but that doesn't mean others won't. Maybe some people feel better with the group donation approach. But we should really be putting our efforts elsewhere -- walk'n'talk, etc.

FWIW, Trevor got way more credit for the money bombs than he deserves. He did the websites, and that's it. He's certainly not leading anything from my perspective. This is the MSM at work again -- they just don't get that this is a decentralized, grassroots movement. There are no leaders.

pacelli
12-17-2007, 06:32 PM
At this point shouldn't we be focusing on delegates and VOTE BOMBS.

YES!

TheEvilDetector
12-17-2007, 06:34 PM
Next money bomb should be feb 17th, election of jefferson.

1) Paul is very similar in philosophy to him
2) Celebrates an election of such leader.
3) Allows for some cooling off and saving up time from this big money bomb

http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/today/feb17.html