PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Invention to watch Internet on TV

Elwar
12-17-2007, 12:46 PM
Ya, I know you can hook up your computer to your TV etc...I do that all the time.

Someone needs to make a simple box that you hook up to your TV and either a wire or wireless connection (or at the worst, a dial-up connection) that pops up on the TV and has various "channels" that you can watch. But all of those channels are streamed from the Internet.

We need to stop the MSM once and for all. The new media revolution needs to replace the old.

It's an easy sell...either pay $50 a month for cable channels, or you can buy this $100 piece of equipment and just pay for your Internet and drop the cable subscription. All with unlimited user created channels.

I know I'd be tuned into the Liberty News channel for most of my news.

hawkeyenick
12-17-2007, 12:47 PM
Ya, I know you can hook up your computer to your TV etc...I do that all the time.

Someone needs to make a simple box that you hook up to your TV and either a wire or wireless connection (or at the worst, a dial-up connection) that pops up on the TV and has various "channels" that you can watch. But all of those channels are streamed from the Internet.

We need to stop the MSM once and for all. The new media revolution needs to replace the old.

It's an easy sell...either pay $50 a month for cable channels, or you can buy this $100 piece of equipment and just pay for your Internet and drop the cable subscription. All with unlimited user created channels.

I know I'd be tuned into the Liberty News channel for most of my news.

AppleTV

Lucid American
12-17-2007, 12:47 PM
It's already happening. That's all in development.

Oliver
12-17-2007, 12:49 PM
Wanted: An Invention to make straw polls online,
or to convert Internet-Potatoes into real voters
and delegates. :"p

drexhex
12-17-2007, 12:50 PM
Micro$oft had WebTV at one point... not sure whether that's still happening or not.

Other than that, AppleTV works.

newbitech
12-17-2007, 12:51 PM
bleh never mind then

drexhex
12-17-2007, 12:53 PM
http://freetube.110mb.com/

im checking this one out now. I found it here http://www.cucirca.com/2007/02/21/13-places-to-watch-tv-online-for-free/

Re-read the title and question =P

I thought the same thing until I read it again. It's to surf the net on tv (but like channels not with a keyboard and all) not to watch the tv on channels.

Also, the Wii allows web on tv.

Ninja Homer
12-17-2007, 01:03 PM
XBOX Media Center. I can watch YouTube, streaming media, etc. from a modded XBOX.

RonPaulStreetTeam
12-17-2007, 01:04 PM
ummmm you relaize the Internet 2 is almost here?

We wont have internet for the 2012 elections.

It'll be all FCC regulated and licensed sites.
controlled internet.
look into it.

this is our last chance and we're giving it up.
but hey, what can we do anyways?

WillInMiami
12-17-2007, 01:16 PM
I have such a "box". It's called an HTPC (home theater PC). I've been watching TV in my living room using this system for over 2 years. I can watch cable-tv, internet videos, DVD's, or any other type of media on it AND surf the internet.

Minid you, mine is hooked up to a 15" monitor and a projector (on an 89" screen). However, it can be hooked up to a TV via DVI or standard AV inputs.

Elwar
12-17-2007, 01:38 PM
I have such a "box". It's called an HTPC (home theater PC). I've been watching TV in my living room using this system for over 2 years. I can watch cable-tv, internet videos, DVD's, or any other type of media on it AND surf the internet.

Minid you, mine is hooked up to a 15" monitor and a projector (on an 89" screen). However, it can be hooked up to a TV via DVI or standard AV inputs.

You and I might find this an easy setup...but have your parents...or even your grandparents got anything remotely close to this?

My 67 year old mother only has her antenna channels...she gets all of her Ron Paul news from me. If it weren't for me she would probably vote for "That Rummy guy" who "is very polished..."