PDA

View Full Version : Cnn

ronpaulfollower999
12-17-2007, 12:41 PM
They got some guy on CNN talking about his money bomb. He said that well even though Ron Paul is getting millions of dollars, he still won' t win it. :mad::mad::mad:

What does he think we are a couple of spammers?

ronpaulfan
12-17-2007, 12:43 PM
CNN is worse than Fox News. At least everyone knows Fox News is biased. They haven't figured that out about CNN yet.

They are both owned by the same asshole: Rupert Murdoch

fedup100
12-17-2007, 12:51 PM
You know what, this is already backfiring on the MSM BIG TIME!! I got a call from someone this morning who surprised me with the notice that they were supporting Paul, did give on the 16th and why.

They said, " I have noticed that all the main stream news is blatantly censoring him, I now know he is the man to support".

Let them continue with what they are doing.......the average american is seeing what they are doing and this alone is waking them up in a vast swath across the nation.

The MSM is digging their own grave now, I think it is great........let it happen, let um go on.....wooooooo hooooooooo!!!!!!

osofaux
12-17-2007, 12:59 PM
CNN is poo.

Falseflagop
12-17-2007, 01:05 PM
I agree, the more you ignore and censor just like in the movie V for Vendetta at the end of the movie they awake and the TV is watching the couch w/o them on it!

fuzzybekool
12-17-2007, 01:16 PM
What would happen if we organized a huge march (4-5 thousand people) to CNN headquarters in Atlanta to protest unfair and blatant bias reporting ?

a. FOX , NBC, ABC, CBS will stumble over each other to cover it.
b. Timid Americans will wake up and join us because we have "balls".
c. Undecided voters will at least check out who Ron Paul is.
d. Other corrupt media outlets will think twice about bias reporting.
e. all of the above.

I say the time is now to add fuel to this fire of freedom. They will not stop this garbage reporting and you all know it. Isn't it time we leave our computer and laptops in sleep mode and organized a vocal large march that will send this Ron Paul Revolution into orbit ?

ronpaulfollower999
12-17-2007, 01:18 PM
What would happen if we organized a huge march (4-5 thousand people) to CNN headquarters in Atlanta to protest unfair and blatant bias reporting ?

e. all of the above.

I say the time is now to add fuel to this fire of freedom. They will not stop this garbage reporting and you all know it. Isn't it time we leave our computer and laptops in sleep mode and organized a vocal large march that will send this Ron Paul Revolution into orbit ?

Good idea.

Jobarra
12-17-2007, 01:19 PM
What if you instead actually did something FOR the campaign and got 4-5000 people canvassing for Dr. Paul for just 2-3 hours(how long the march would last). Do you REALLY think a news network is going to report on people protesting THEM OR the competition?

user
12-17-2007, 01:24 PM
This sounds interesting, but the others have been just as bad. If we target only one, then people will ask what was so different about the others and assume we're wrong.

cska80
12-17-2007, 01:26 PM
Straw poll results don't matter anymore. Money raised doesn't count anymore. Campaign size doesn't matter anymore. Momentum doesn't matter anymore. Only the polls done by MSM count.

Sandra
12-17-2007, 01:27 PM
CNN will still not cover it.

fuzzybekool
12-17-2007, 01:29 PM
What if you instead actually did something FOR the campaign and got 4-5000 people canvassing for Dr. Paul for just 2-3 hours(how long the march would last). Do you REALLY think a news network is going to report on people protesting THEM OR the competition?

I thought I was doing something for the campaign. Being Realistic.

jgmaynard
12-17-2007, 01:31 PM
I just saw CNN talk about it and it was good. They talked about it right in the middle of McLiebermain and a story on Huckster.

JM

beachmaster
12-17-2007, 01:32 PM
You know what, this is already backfiring on the MSM BIG TIME!! I got a call from someone this morning who surprised me with the notice that they were supporting Paul, did give on the 16th and why.

They said, " I have noticed that all the main stream news is blatantly censoring him, I now know he is the man to support".

Let them continue with what they are doing.......the average american is seeing what they are doing and this alone is waking them up in a vast swath across the nation.

The MSM is digging their own grave now, I think it is great........let it happen, let um go on.....wooooooo hooooooooo!!!!!!

I've had a similar experience with a co-worker who has been on the fence, undecided about Paul, but has said he would give him serious consideration. Now suddenly he is getting really pissed that the MSM isn't accurately portraying Ron Paul and his campaign, and is even going to write an email to O'Reilly!!

GREAT.. way to go MSM. You have no clothes you bastards!! lol

DrNoZone
12-17-2007, 01:34 PM

+10

boondoggle
12-17-2007, 01:44 PM

e. all of the above.

You should make a thread and website for it! :)

shepburn
12-17-2007, 01:46 PM
This sounds interesting, but the others have been just as bad. If we target only one, then people will ask what was so different about the others and assume we're wrong.

yeah but Christain Republican Primary voters HATE cnn worse than FOX (for a whole bunch of lame reasons)! So if we focus on CNN we will make our voting target very pleased!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NY4RP
12-17-2007, 01:50 PM
CNN is worse than Fox News. At least everyone knows Fox News is biased. They haven't figured that out about CNN yet.

They are both owned by the same asshole: Rupert Murdoch

Murdoch owns NewCorp, which owns Fox News.

TimeWarner owns CNN, TimeWarner is a division of Turner Broadcasting System (Ted Turner).

So they are actually owned by two seperate assholes. Not fair to give Murdoch all the credit.

Mark Mosconi
12-17-2007, 01:53 PM
Straw poll results don't matter anymore. Money raised doesn't count anymore. Campaign size doesn't matter anymore. Momentum doesn't matter anymore. Only the polls done by MSM count.

That's because we're winning the straw polls, we're raising tons of money, and we have tons of ground support. So the only way mainstream media can continue to marginalize us is to either report on something else, or put a negative spin to Ron Paul stories (hence the constant "long shot" catchphrase often associated with Ron Paul). After a while, it gets annoying and quite pathetic.

econojon
12-17-2007, 01:55 PM
Ted Turner: "CAPTAIN PLANET!"

But yeah, the way CNN is portraying Ron Paul is simply disgusting. We have got to put a stop to it at once!

Scaryclouds
12-17-2007, 02:05 PM
I say the march is a good idea. Of course this is coming from a person who will not participate in it (I live in KCMO and a college student so I don't have time). We constantly complain about the media coverage, time to put actions to our words.

If 4,000 plus people march and protest against a media outlet the media will cover it.

Cigaboo
12-17-2007, 02:08 PM

e. all of the above.

That is an EXCELLENT idea.

Cleaner44
12-17-2007, 02:10 PM
I think maybe we should embrace the "long shot" title and run with it. Wear it as a badge of honor. Americans love an underdog for one. Also we should shove it right back at the MSM to expose how absurd it is. Imagine 5000 people marching with signs that say "America's Favorite Long Shot - Ron Paul".

rice_classic
12-17-2007, 02:16 PM
Why not a Million-Man March? (by a different name though).

We need to stop thinking in the "thousands" We need to starting thinking in the hundreds of thousands and bigger.

If 300 million people are in this country can't we gather .3% of that for a demonstration?

I will fly to where ever something like this is going to happen at the drop of a dime. When it's just a thousand here and a thousand there it seems like small potatoes.

We need to PROVE to America, the MSM and corrupt politicians that there really is a Revolution and we take our Freedom seriously!

Cigaboo
12-17-2007, 02:19 PM
The marching/protesting idea is a great one. We need to find a bunch of examples of where the media has deliberately marginalized, ignored, or slandered Ron Paul through the all-to-frequent "errors" that appear all over TV to use as ammunition.

We also need to expose the owners of the news networks, their ties with things that have conflicting interest with the Ron Paul campaign to expose their motive.

Voluntaryist
12-17-2007, 03:08 PM

e. all of the above.

+1

Think12345
12-17-2007, 03:28 PM
IF (and that's a big if) we want to really piss of a network, we should attack where they are vulnerable.

Let's make a list of CNN (or MSNBC, or FOX...) advertisers and bombard them with complaints, asking to stop advertising on that channel.
We can take it one step further and organize a media bomb - choose a day and warn all advertisers that we will boycott their products if they advertise on that network on that day.

That's gotta hurt.

BUT before we do something like that, we should build a good case. Complaining that our candidate does not get enough airtime will not do. They are private companies and are not obliged to cover anyone just because some people think it's worth covering. We have to have an example of an actually false and damaging reporting, and make the network publicly apologize for it.

Sputnik
12-17-2007, 03:29 PM

e. all of the above.

I like the idea but it would need at least 2-3 months of planning and organization or more.

Mani
12-17-2007, 03:32 PM

That's the only thing left they can control.

FreedomAndLaw
12-17-2007, 03:40 PM

You really think they are unaware of the results when they attack Ron Paul? If they really wanted to marginalize him they wouldn't even report on him(see Kucinich/Gravel). Being anti-mainstream is a mainstream trend in itself, and i think its clear the media wants Ron Paul, or at least his issues in the mainstream thought. I'm not a conspiracy nut, nor anti Ron Paul, I just don't buy into this Ron Paul is a victim theme. Support him because you agree with the message, not because of he appears to be the one the media is 'afraid of'.

Arek
12-17-2007, 03:49 PM
25,017 new donors during the money bomb beg to differ about Ron Paul's chances of winning. I had never donated to any candidate before and I finally broke down last night and donated what I could from being a near bankrupt college student. I've been interested in politics but I never thought my voice and vote would ever matter but now I do. I think RP can win. The only other candidate I've ever liked is Ross Perot just because my parents liked him when he ran for president. Anyhow I've came to my conclusion with or without the nomination I will vote Ron Paul in the general election, but first I'm voting for him in the primary. It maybe called a wasted vote, but I really believe in Ron Paul even though I don't agree with him on everything on the major issues I agree with him 100%. I wouldn't donate if I didn't think he could win.

ShowMeLiberty
12-17-2007, 05:45 PM

+100

If we don't want to be treated like "fringe" we MUST stop acting like ineffective "fringe". Canvass, people! It's the ONLY thing that matters anymore!

rp4evar08
12-17-2007, 05:52 PM
I agree, negative media attention is probably more harmful then no media attention. The reason for this is fickle easily-influenced people will hear over and over and over how ron paul is a fringe candidate, ron paul has no chance, etc etc etc.. and subconsciously they will remember that at voting time. Elections have become more of "pick your favorite sports team and hope he wins" and everyone wants to be on the winning team, versus picking someone who is best for the country.

sroll2237
12-17-2007, 05:59 PM
CNN is covering a bird in the senate more than ron paul's $6M. BUT, they did show a 2 second clip of the blimp.

user
12-17-2007, 07:30 PM
I don't think Ted Turner is involved anymore.

TheWhiteRider
12-17-2007, 08:18 PM
I'm all for the march. Even if the media outlet we march against doesn't report on it, I bet other media outlets will, forcing the one we protest against to report on it too.