PDA

View Full Version : Primaries

S3eker
12-17-2007, 12:23 PM
If Ron Paul wins the primaries, can the Republican party still ignore him and select someone else as the Republican choice?

slinkymaster
12-17-2007, 12:26 PM
probably, but i think there would be revolt if that happened

MindStalker
12-17-2007, 12:27 PM
Depends upon what you call the primaries, the REAL primaries is the Republican convention late next year where each State sends delegates. Its possible theoretically for the final pick to be different than the one thats predicted based upon the polls in each state if its close. This could cause major problems as the convention isn't until September 1st meaning the wrong person could be campaigning all summer :)

Bradley in DC
12-17-2007, 12:28 PM
The delegates at the Convention will choose the nominee. Primaries is one of the ways we select the delegates to the convention.

Go to the relevant section for more discussion:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=121

the "general information" tab there might be the place place to start. We've been discussing these issues for a while.

torchbearer
12-17-2007, 12:29 PM
If Ron Paul wins the primaries, can the Republican party still ignore him and select someone else as the Republican choice?

It would be breaking their own rules and would be the final nail in their coffin.
There would be riot on the floor of the national convention and blood in the streets.

S3eker
12-17-2007, 12:32 PM
thanks for the info and thread. I was hoping I would ask the question correctly since it is technical in nature, but I think you get what I meant ( in laymen terms).

cheers