PDA

View Full Version : Anyone talked to the IRS recently?

Dave Wood
07-06-2007, 10:14 AM
I have!

I was just audited for the first time, scary!!!!!@ I live out side of DC so I am not sure if its the Ron Paul bumper stickers or the big IMPEACH sign I put in my front yard after the Libby pardon, but either way this is freaky! I also have had a strange call to my cell phone from a US govt number?? This is for real folks, take care out there, this is only going to get worse if we dont pull this off.

DjLoTi
07-06-2007, 10:16 AM
Don't worry, in fact, be excited and enjoy it. Don't let their mind games and tactics fool you. They really have no power. They just want to scare you into thinking so. :)

Tim724
07-06-2007, 11:16 AM
I wouldn't be truly scared of the IRS, however I believe they can be a royal pain in the ass. If they think you "owe" them money, they have some real low tactics for getting your money, like putting a lein on your house or garnishing your wages.

In the 2004 election, one of John Edwards' issues was to regulate "predatory" credit card lenders and collectors. It is so ironic how politicians talk about controlling private lenders practices, when the government employees the most thuggish collectors of them all.

Dary
07-06-2007, 12:06 PM
A few years ago I had a brush with the census bureau.

I got the long form. I found it overly intrusive so I decided not to fill it out.

Actually, I did fill out the portions that were constitutionally mandated and I returned it to them.

Like a month later I got a visit from the census bureau to my apartment.

Back in those days when I lived in that apartment I had a habit of not answering the door if I didn’t recognize the person through the peep hole.

But I knew it was the census bureau because they kept yelling Census Bureau!!!

These guys were persistent. I had at least 7 visits from them where they would knock on my door for at least 15min each visit.

On a couple occasions they would sit in one of the parking spaces and watch.

One day I got a phone call from one of their agents at my desk at work. This call was not routed through the operator. They knew my direct number to my desk.

So the guy starts telling me that I had to fill out the whole long form and it was against the law for me not to do so.

Well I told him that I knew what my rights were (which I probably don’t even have those rights anymore due to the patriot act. I’m not sure). But I knew what I was legally obliged to fill out and that I had done what was required of me.

He persisted and said that I could be fined (I think it was like 1 or 2 hundred dollars).

At which point I didn’t say anything. The silence must have lasted like 2 minutes or longer. I just didn’t say anything.

So finally he says, “Well do you mind if I ask you a few questions?” Which kinda made me laugh a little and I told him you guys just don’t get it do you? And I hung up the phone.

That was the last I heard from them.

But you can bet that I’ve got a file on me now.

WannaBfree
07-06-2007, 12:36 PM
I have!

I was just audited for the first time, scary!!!!!@ I live out side of DC so I am not sure if its the Ron Paul bumper stickers or the big IMPEACH sign I put in my front yard after the Libby pardon, but either way this is freaky! I also have had a strange call to my cell phone from a US govt number?? This is for real folks, take care out there, this is only going to get worse if we dont pull this off.

keep us updated.