PDA

View Full Version : <<<Email this to your local newspaper and post responses>>>

gpickett00
12-17-2007, 12:20 PM
It is really important that we collectively come up with a draft of a letter each of us can email to our local newspapers concerning lack of coverage of Ron Paul's historic fundraiser. I was thinking of something like,

Dear _________,

As a long time reader of your newspaper I am disappointed to see that Ron Paul's record breaking fundraiser on Sunday December 16th did not make news. To inform you, Yesterday, Republican candidate Ron Paul Raised over $6 million online! That record breaks John Kerry's previous record when he was nominated to run against George Bush in the general election in 2004. Additionally Ron Paul has raised $18.2 million since October first which will likely be more than any other candidate. His fundraiser was organized by an online grassroots effort not affiliated with the campaign whatsoever, which speaks volumes for the support he has behind him. If this news is not as significant as your article about "insert title of the most stupid article you can find" I understand. Thank you for your consideration, I look forward to seeing a mention of such a historic event.

Sincerely,

Your Name

Tell me what you all think should change about the letter. Thats just a general draft. I think that we can put something really good together that everyone on the forums can email their newspapers about. We need this!

gpickett00
12-17-2007, 12:37 PM
Is this not important?

jarofclay
12-17-2007, 01:11 PM
It is very important! and yet I think the newspapers are slow compared to the net. I'd give them until tomorrow to figure it out before firing this off.

Cap
12-17-2007, 01:20 PM
It is really important that we collectively come up with a draft of a letter each of us can email to our local newspapers concerning lack of coverage of Ron Paul's historic fundraiser. I was thinking of something like,

Dear _________,

As a long time reader of your newspaper I am disappointed to see that Ron Paul's record breaking fundraiser on Sunday December 16th did not make news. To inform you, Yesterday, Republican candidate Ron Paul Raised over $6 million online! That record breaks John Kerry's previous record when he was nominated to run against George Bush in the general election in 2004. Additionally Ron Paul has raised $18.2 million since October first which will likely be more than any other candidate. His fundraiser was organized by an online grassroots effort not affiliated with the campaign whatsoever, which speaks volumes for the support he has behind him. If this news is not as significant as your article about "insert title of the most stupid article you can find" I understand. Thank you for your consideration, I look forward to seeing a mention of such a historic event.

Sincerely,

Your Name

Tell me what you all think should change about the letter. Thats just a general draft. I think that we can put something really good together that everyone on the forums can email their newspapers about. We need this!

Thank you for taking the time to craft this. I used your template and fired it off to the grand Rapids Press.

gpickett00
12-17-2007, 03:39 PM
Cap,

Thats great! People are complaining that Ron Paul isn't getting enough press coverage but nobody is taking the time to basically copy and paste this letter. Come on guys!

1913_to_2008
12-17-2007, 03:44 PM
bump

hillertexas
12-17-2007, 03:44 PM
It is very important! and yet I think the newspapers are slow compared to the net. I'd give them until tomorrow to figure it out before firing this off.

+1

gpickett00
12-17-2007, 06:14 PM
So wait till tomorrow to send them? I think if the newspapers missed it, its time today to make sure its there tomorrow!