PDA

View Full Version : Keep the money bombs going

dude58677
12-17-2007, 12:17 PM
They are needed for the rest of the campaign as it is going to take $100 million to win the White House. They are fun anyway.:)

literatim
12-17-2007, 12:17 PM
They have all 50 States to advertise in. You people telling us to basically quit donating to the campaign are idiots.

dude58677
12-17-2007, 12:19 PM
They have all 50 States to advertise in. You people telling us to basically quit donating to the campaign are idiots.

Exactly.

torchbearer
12-17-2007, 12:40 PM
The stage of gimmicks is over guys, we got the money we need.
It is now time to focus on becoming delegates and doing the door-to-door thing.

I'm serious... I have much experience in campaigning. It is time to dismiss gimmicks and get boots on the ground.

Taco John
12-17-2007, 12:45 PM
You think our fundraising was a gimmick?

You think we've got the money we need?

And you have experience campaigning?

torchbearer
12-17-2007, 12:49 PM
You think our fundraising was a gimmick?

You think we've got the money we need?

And you have experience campaigning?

The bomb is the gimmick.
We have the money...
We are dropping the ball if we don't start focusing on getting super involved locally and getting the game plan from you local meet-up organizer.

Do you need me to list my campaign experience? Perhaps your appearance on TV got your head.

If I have to spend 2 hours listing why you are wrong... I guess I can... but i'd rather stem the time of cats running wild...so everyone knows what needs to be done.

Primaries are almost upon us... let's not make the same mistake we made in Wyoming...
Let's go by the examples of our people in WV and Maryland....

torchbearer
12-17-2007, 12:54 PM
Its wasting time. seriously. We are in the final days of the campaign, whether you realise it or not... every second you spend "brainstorming" are seconds away from getting Ron elected.
Game plan is set... and its implemented through our HUGE meet-up organization.

People need to realize time is almost out...

BY the time you brainstorm...debate.... plan...try to get people on board to the 9 million different ideas... the primary will be upon us...and we will not have done the things we needed to do to win.

Wyoming is a perfect example of this failure...heard about Wyoming? We are scrambling to catch up... people on the forums didn't have a clue what needed to be done because someone didn't shout out to tell them...get involved with your local meet-ups... they know what is going on.

Yet, WV and Maryland are perfect examples of what I am saying.... they got their act together locally, followed the plan, and are close to pulling out victories for ron paul.

Gimme Some Truth
12-17-2007, 12:56 PM
I agree with Torchbearer.

No-one is saying to stop donating. That is absurd. The moneybomb has run its cause. Concentrate on real world people .

For donations we can set goals to reach within a given timeframe. This way there is a constant stream of money going in to Ron (he will need it - its no good having 20 days of each month hardly raising anything)

We could try to raise say 3-5mill before Ben Franklins Birthday for instance. Just needs moneybomb-like advertising

Elwar
12-17-2007, 12:59 PM
My sister donated yesterday...she probably would not have donated if it weren't for the money bomb.

Gimme Some Truth
12-17-2007, 01:07 PM
I doubt people donated JUST cos it was a one day thing. Probably more because it was well known and a big event. Its just a case of advertising etc.

Its time to evolve our resolve :)

No-one can understate the importance of going out and talking to "ordinary" people. Their shields of Ron Paul ignorance are weakened , go out and do what the MSM should be doing and what they have been doing for practically every other candidate.

Misesian
12-17-2007, 01:18 PM
The bomb is the gimmick.
We have the money...
We are dropping the ball if we don't start focusing on getting super involved locally and getting the game plan from you local meet-up organizer.

Do you need me to list my campaign experience? Perhaps your appearance on TV got your head.

If I have to spend 2 hours listing why you are wrong... I guess I can... but i'd rather stem the time of cats running wild...so everyone knows what needs to be done.

Primaries are almost upon us... let's not make the same mistake we made in Wyoming...

I agree with you, but when people start attempting to throw weight around by having "campaign experience" you better be very careful. NOBODY has ran a campaign like this so any traditional campaign "experience" can and should be thrown out. Plus this is a DO OR DIE campaign, 99% success rate means absolutly nothing.

Your right, choice of words and way to back it up is wrong, and leave it at that and move on.

Regarding the original post here, I think it's always easier to spend other people's money. I don't think there's a point to setup another unofficial official MONEY BOMB if WE THE SUPPORTERS are tapped out and this bomb will only be a firecracker yielding 5-10% of what the goal is.

What I think torchbearer is getting at, is that we need get our butts OFF our computer chair finally and get the boots to the GROUND and CANVASS.

The Pareto's Principle is alive and well in most of the meetup groups I've seen where 20% of the people do 80% of the work. If you're on this forum and not part of that 20% than get off the internet and get out there already!!

idiotwind
12-17-2007, 01:22 PM

Donate all you want!

torchbearer
12-17-2007, 01:24 PM
I agree with you, but when people start attempting to throw weight around by having "campaign experience" you better be very careful. NOBODY has ran a campaign like this so any traditional campaign "experience" can and should be thrown out. Plus this is a DO OR DIE campaign, 99% success rate means absolutly nothing.

Your right, choice of words and way to back it up is wrong, and leave it at that and move on.

Regarding the original post here, I think it's always easier to spend other people's money. I don't think there's a point to setup another unofficial official MONEY BOMB if WE THE SUPPORTERS are tapped out and this bomb will only be a firecracker yielding 5-10% of what the goal is.

What I think torchbearer is getting at, is that we need get our butts OFF our computer chair finally and get the boots to the GROUND and CANVASS.

The Pareto's Principle is alive and well in most of the meetup groups I've seen where 20% of the people do 80% of the work. If you're on this forum and not part of that 20% than get off the internet and get out there already!!

Would it be wise to ignore someone who has the experience to know we are entering a different phase of the campaign?
I haven't ran a "grassroots" campaign, but I know enough about this current process to say... our thinking needs to shift into another gear.
Don't think gimmicks, money bombs..
Think meet-up groups, sign waves...christmas parades... door to door canvassing, BECOMING A DELEGATE ABOVE ALL ELSE... and donate a portion of every paycheck to the campaign.

Taco John
12-17-2007, 01:26 PM
The bomb is the gimmick.
We have the money...

I don't need a list of your campaign experience. I believe that. What I don't believe is that there is such a thing as "enough money" when running for president. I don't believe that donating on a particular day is going to stop people from participating otherwise either.

Our ability to fundraise is a significant differentiator from our opponents. I don't know why we'd take the tool out of our tool belt... Seems like exactly what they'd want us to do.

torchbearer
12-17-2007, 01:28 PM
I don't need a list of your campaign experience. I believe that. What I don't believe is that there is such a thing as "enough money" when running for president.

donate a portion of every paycheck to the campaign. Problem solved.
I'm not trying to be rude... I just got on the forum today to see 10 different threads pondering our next bomb...fights over who will "get the credit" for it...
Brainstorm for more gimmicks in other threads...etc.

I don't want us to fail... and if we don't get involved locally with every bit of our being... we will fail.

I write these post so the the on-lookers will understand what must be done... leave this forum, sign up with your meet-up group. Contact your organizer and say I am available for any and everything that must be done locally.

Give a portion of each of your paychecks to paul's campaign to keep money flowing... check back here at night.... catch up on what others are doing locally, get some sleep... rinse and repeat.

Chaos Unlimited
12-17-2007, 01:38 PM
http://www.ronpauldvdbomb.com (http://www.ronpauldvdbomb.com)

Taco John
12-17-2007, 01:56 PM
I don't care about who gets credit. I like Trevor's response "sure, I played my role."

All I care about is keeping this campaign barrelling through the rest of the field. What we've seen is that when people are motivated, they'll dig deeper than they normally might have in order to participate in "the event." And the last time we had this event, what we saw was an effective doubling of most polls at the time, moving us from the 3%-5% range to the 6%-10% range. We get a lot of free publicity out of these events, in addition to raising a lot of money that the campaign can use to buy additional publicity.

I personally believe that we should keep them going on a monthly basis until either we get the nomination, and the party can pick up the fundraising slack, or until Dr. Paul withdraws his candidacy (which I hope never happens).

For my part, I feel like I can scrap together $100 bucks a month for as long as it's needed. But prior to the money bombs, I wasn't donating on that level, figuring that I was doing enough at $40 bucks a month. That $60 bucks is the difference between participating in an event with a stated goal of trying to reach a particular number, and just providing a reasonable amount of support on a monthly basis.

I think the money bombs are a key way for the grass roots to continuously inject ourselves into the news cycle, while challenging the other candidates who cannot generate the same levels of support despite their polling numbers.

It's my position that we shouldn't relinquish this power. We should continue with a monthly money bomb at least until Dr. Paul has locked up the nomination.

That's not to say we shouldn't focus on other efforts. I consider those other efforts a different discussion that shouldn't affect the fund raising efforts.

1913_to_2008
12-17-2007, 02:21 PM
our thinking needs to shift into another gear.
Don't think gimmicks, money bombs..
Think meet-up groups, sign waves...christmas parades... door to door canvassing, BECOMING A DELEGATE ABOVE ALL ELSE... and donate a portion of every paycheck to the campaign.

This makes. sense. Maybe to make everyone happy about a group "bomb" effort. We all hang signs on a certain day and cover the country.

Original_Intent
12-17-2007, 02:33 PM
I agree with Torch.

Of course keep contributing and we can still have special days to get people who otherwise wouldn't to donate.

But the primary purpose of the money bomb was to generate publicity - yes that was even mroe vital than the money raised although of course the money is hugely important also.

As a publicity gimmick it's done. We need to come up with something else. Our mentality needs to change from "getting Ron Paul media attention" to "converting people to Ron Paul". Yes the media attention was step 1 in getting people to check Ron Paul out and get name recognition, and of course we still need as much free publicity as we can get BUT we are to a stage in the game where the focus needs to move from getting his name out there to turning people who have heard of him into votes, or better yet ACTIVISTS.

Every "stunt" we do - Nov 5th, the blimp, Teaparty - each successive one has diminishing returns. We need neighborhood meetings, throw a pizza party while watching a Ron Paul DVD, knock on doors....

Man from La Mancha
12-17-2007, 10:48 PM
Duhhh, it's a no brainer to do both!!! Canvass and money bombs. this board consists of a small portion of people working on getting Ron elected and still smaller percentage of that discussing the bombs a few who make it happen yet the whole of Ron's people donated because of this effort. 90% of my meet up group don't go on the net much and are doing things for Ron, yet they donated. But the few on these boards make different projects happen. The blimp and the bombs are great. If you are so stuck in this internet and think that these few people are not doing their share then one better shut the computer off because you have lost touch with reality if you think hundred or so people are ruining it for Ron by organizing these fantastic bombs, so lets have more. BOMB AWAY 18 mil would not have been possible. Do you realize there could be hundreds on these boards that are trying to stop this money and could be other than what they support to be. This forum is the number one thing to stop that because it has given Ron so much ammo. I never saw so much opposition to the last 2 big bombs than what is gong on now, it almost seems to be planned. Of course not all but a lot more than before. How can anyone in their right mine be burned out by so much fun!!Trevor where are you? a little advice would be nice. Clue 5,000
forum board members, 80,000 donated, duhhh.

justinc.1089
12-17-2007, 10:58 PM
Taco John do you even get WHY we did moneybombs to start with?

Money can be raised without a specific date just fine. The point of a moneybomb is not to raise money. The campaign itself raised 500,000 in a week if you remember before November 5th back when we were still low in money.

The point of moneybombs is to generate media attention by breaking records of 1-day fundraising, and by having a creative hook to get more attention like Guy Fawkes and Vendetta, or the Boston Tea Party.

Every single attention grabbing project has simply caused the media to decide they need to ignore us even more than they were ignoring us before. We have had less and less media coverage after all the promotion we have done for moneybombs.

So more moneybombs do not serve a purpose UNTIL we are back down to only having like $5 million on hand. THEN we will need to do another moneybomb to ensure that we get a LOT of donations quick. But until then there will be PLENTY of money still being donated WITHOUT WASTING TIME PROMOTING MORE MONEYBOMBS.

We need to focus on grassroots efforts now. Funding the blimp, talking to people in person and on the phone, and doing other things too like putting up signs is the important thing to do now. The campaign has like TWICE as much money as the other campaigns do right now, and moneybombs are not getting us media attention. So its time to let the campaign do their part by getting on television with the money we have given them, and for us to continue our part WHICH IS NOT PROMOTING MORE MONEYBOMBS, but is to get more votes now.