PDA

View Full Version : Precinct Chairmen

fortilite
12-17-2007, 11:49 AM
Anyone here going to volunteer to be precinct chairman / temporaries? Anyone know how? I think you gotta call in. A lot of precincts don't have chairmen selected.

Here is a sample script for being the chairman:

http://www.texasgop.org/site/News2?page=NewsArticle&id=5742

TomTX
12-17-2007, 10:02 PM
I intend to. On my to-do list ;)

BigTimeMoe
12-19-2007, 04:52 PM
Get in touch with your County GOP. They will provide the application you need to become precinct chairman in your precinct. I attended my County GOP meeting in Nov. and turned my app in. My precinct does not currently have a precinct chair. The way it was explained to me is that if I am the only person who submits the app for my precinct then there will be no need to place names on the ballot and I will be considered the precinct chair.

milican
12-20-2007, 01:35 PM
I have already applied for Precinct Chair in Dallas County. I am running against an incumbent though. I believe the man is in his 60's and may be well established. I have been going to the Republican events to try and get my face out there. I'm going to start contacting the RP fans in my hood with signs in their yard and see if I can get some help with my precinct. We'll see how it goes.

JOhn

ChrisH
12-24-2007, 11:02 AM
We have a few people running for precinct chairs in Ellis County (Waxhachie/Red Oak).