PDA

View Full Version : 2nd on Youtube.....NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

Swmorgan77
07-06-2007, 09:19 AM
Let's all go to the youtube channel for Ron Paul and take the time to look through the clips we haven't seen, let them play until the end, and most importantly... pass them around

http://www.youtube.com/user/RonPaul2008dotcom

austin356
07-06-2007, 09:22 AM
How did he get 225,000 views in less than 2 days?

Thats INSANE.

His pace on Youtube has GREATLY accelerated over the last week.

Kuldebar
07-06-2007, 09:25 AM

Thats INSANE.

4th of July...weekend...I could see a lot of politically inclined web surfing people as a result...

nayjevin
07-06-2007, 09:30 AM
or, it could be genuine spam.

I don't approve of this:

1.Open firefox
2.Open 756 tabs
3.paste the link to RP video in each tab
4.press play on all tabs
5.BINGO 756 new plays

I really don't approve of this -- I would rather everybody just watch what they watch -- and be able to guage RP's true popularity, but I know it might not be accurate.

Mom4Ron
07-06-2007, 09:33 AM
You mean Youtube hasn't mastered counting individual views? Geez maybe they should hire some coders from google ads or something.

nayjevin
07-06-2007, 09:39 AM
You mean Youtube hasn't mastered counting individual views? Geez maybe they should hire some coders from google ads or something.

I know, that's exactly what I think when I hear of these polls getting taken over by "ron paul spammers"

LibertyCzar
07-06-2007, 10:16 AM

Thats INSANE.

It could be that as a result of the Iowa rally, he actually peaked much curiosity. And it has been a holiday period. People off work means more time to surf the internet and satisfy what makes them curious.

rg123
07-06-2007, 10:33 AM
Obama went up over 2 million this week whats up with that

Elwar
07-06-2007, 10:55 AM
There was an article about Obama's views stating that there was an easy way to up the views using a browser tool that repeatedly refreshes a page and thus creates a new view each time you refresh.

They said that some Obama supporters were doing this and that they were creating a fix for it.

Perhaps they did, perhaps they didn't.

I only view his channel once in a while...he's only got like 25 clips so it's not all that interesting to me since I've seen most of them. Obama has over 100 clips...if I were an Obama supporter I would've watched over 4 times as many clips on his site than I as a Ron Paul supporter have viewed on Ron Paul's channel.

I usually go and search for "Ron Paul" on YouTube for the latest stuff. Usually there are some good ones. Or I just go to http://freeme.tv

Maybe Ron Paul's YouTube folks should put more videos on his channel.

smtwngrl
07-06-2007, 11:06 AM
or, it could be genuine spam.

I don't approve of this:

1.Open firefox
2.Open 756 tabs
3.paste the link to RP video in each tab
4.press play on all tabs
5.BINGO 756 new plays

I really don't approve of this -- I would rather everybody just watch what they watch -- and be able to guage RP's true popularity, but I know it might not be accurate.

Nah. I'll bet it is accurate.

Start with all of us watching the footage from Iowa. And add anyone who has gone to youtube out of recent interest or curiosity....as a result of Iowa or of all the signs on the 4th.

Then consider that even if Ron Paul has only the support of 1-2% of the population, how many people that really is (and I'm sure his support is significantly higher than 1-2%. Let's say half of the people are voting age or older...around 150 million. 1% of that is 1.5 million, and 2% is 3 million.

With that in mind 225,000 views in the last week isn't that high. Or at least, that's just my opinion. :D

smtwngrl
07-06-2007, 11:10 AM
There was an article about Obama's views stating that there was an easy way to up the views using a browser tool that repeatedly refreshes a page and thus creates a new view each time you refresh.

They said that some Obama supporters were doing this and that they were creating a fix for it.

Oh, really? :p I hope they get the fix for it soon, then.

njandrewg
07-06-2007, 11:10 AM
I think Ron Paul going with an increased pace is due to 4th of July activity, all the meetup groups marching etc.

Obama going up? Hacking no doubt. And I think they said on CNN that he is in the lead on youtube, so maybe thats why so many people checked it out

V-rod
07-06-2007, 02:11 PM
I bet at least 75% of those Obama views are 15-22 year olds, and 75% won't even vote during the presidential election, much less even vote in the primaries. As with Ron Paul, there are many of us who know we need to get our Candidate nominated, and will go all out.

Broadlighter
07-06-2007, 02:35 PM
I'm sure it's genuine. The Ron Paul campaign hasn't added anything new in a week and the one before that was three weeks ago. There's been a barrage of new videos on Obama's YouTube channel, so people are flocking to it to see what's going on.

All Ron Paul needs to do is supply fresh material to YouTube on a more frequent basis and you'll see this thing turn around. Paul also still has lots more subscribers to his channel. Obama still only has 8,685 subscribers to Ron Paul's 19,371.

From what I see are several new videos of Black people offering testimonials about Barack Obama. It wasn't that long ago that he had some trouble with that constituency because he was perceived by inner city Blacks as a compromiser to the 'White majority.'

Ninja Homer
07-06-2007, 03:24 PM
Those stats don't really mean anything. Most Ron Paul videos are not on the RonPaul2008.com channel. I would guess that if you total up the views of all of the videos on YouTube that support Ron Paul, it would blow away all the other candidates put together.

Put a hundred or so new videos on the RonPaul2008.com channel, and Ron Paul's views would probably surpass Obama's in a week.