PDA

View Full Version : Post Charity suggestions here

Elwar
12-17-2007, 11:11 AM
Ok I'll start off this thread with some quick charities I looked up for helping women who are pregnant to have babies (just the first type I looked up):

St. Anne's (http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=5847)
"Founded in 1908, and officially sponsored in 1941 by the Franciscan Sisters of the Sacred Heart, St. Anne's first opened its doors as a maternity hospital for pregnant, unwed, young mothers. At that time St. Anne's was regarded as a hiding place for young women to come in secrecy and to conceal their pregnancies from the community and their families. Today St. Anne's remains committed to providing targeted programs and support services in response to the ever-changing needs of today's society, never straying from our mission of helping disenfranchised young women, children and families in need, without regard to race or religion."

Mary's Center for Maternal and Child Care (http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=7119)
"Established in 1988, Mary's Center for Maternal and Child Care works to build better futures through the delivery of health care, education and social services. Mary's Center embraces its culturally diverse community and provides the highest quality care regardless of ability to pay. Mary's Center demonstrates how improved access to prenatal and pediatric care, coupled with sensitivity to culture and family, lead to healthy mothers, healthy children and healthy families. In addition, the Center, through its numerous programs, provides a dynamic child development curriculum, intensive home visits for vulnerable families, case management for teen pregnancy prevention and planning, educational training to prevent school dropout, employment referral/placement and HIV testing and prevention."

Those are just two...I just wanted to get things started...

Ron Paul Poker
12-17-2007, 12:43 PM
Lets set up a site to pledge acts of kindness with a goal of 1000. Then present them to the good doctor as our gift to him this holiday season.

" Setting a good example is a far better way to spead ideas than through force of arms"
Ron Paul

Paulitical Correctness
12-17-2007, 04:19 PM
http://www.snowballexpress.org/

Something like this?

I figured since Ron's position on the war is what makes him stand out from his colleagues, something related might be a good idea?

The mission of Snowball Express, an all-volunteer, non-profit organization, is to help create new memories and a few days of joy for lives that have been shattered by the loss of their fallen hero. It is America's chance to give a gift of gratitude to the children and spouses of those men and women in the U.S. Armed Forces who made the ultimate sacrifice since September 11, 2001.

Any other organization for military widows/children?

Just trying to add to the suggestions.

paulgirl
12-18-2007, 02:25 PM
OPERATION FAMILY FUND

They are consistently rated as one of the most responsible with their money (no wastefulness) and they help out the families of wounded and dead soldiers.

This would be awesome, because it would show that we have compassion for our soldiers and their families, and vets already support us a lot. It is not these children's faults that their daddies have been sent to a war that we cannot win.

micahnelson
12-18-2007, 02:27 PM
Toys for Tots? Marine based charity saying they are low on toys due to China Recall

Paulitical Correctness
12-18-2007, 04:23 PM
OPERATION FAMILY FUND

They are consistently rated as one of the most responsible with their money (no wastefulness) and they help out the families of wounded and dead soldiers.

This would be awesome, because it would show that we have compassion for our soldiers and their families, and vets already support us a lot. It is not these children's faults that their daddies have been sent to a war that we cannot win.

So very true. I think a lot of people unfamiliar with Ron automatically associate "Anti-war" with "Anti-soldier". And that's quite incorrect.

vertesc
12-22-2007, 01:10 AM
i like the idea of it being a military or 9/11 charity. Heck, we could even just send the money to our boys in Iraq, in the form of whatever "equipment" we can manage. Is there an organization to do that for us? Send them one big care package from Ron Paul?

I'm thinking of a VERY BIG box of cookies lol

Corydoras
12-22-2007, 09:23 PM
i like the idea of it being a military or 9/11 charity. Heck, we could even just send the money to our boys in Iraq, in the form of whatever "equipment" we can manage. Is there an organization to do that for us? Send them one big care package from Ron Paul?

I'm thinking of a VERY BIG box of cookies lol

http://www.anysoldier.com

Mark
12-23-2007, 02:03 AM
Someone mentioned having a website for charities.

e.g. A place where people could find them grouped together in categories.

Perhaps, show how when Ron gets rid of the IRS and people have more money in their pockets, where they can go to help out with the extra money.

Plus, to explain how once bloated government agencies are closed, people who need help will still be able to get it.

i.e. Person A needs food. Charity B provides food that they have plenty of, since people have more money to donate.