PDA

View Full Version : Yet another phone poll story...

squirrelbrewer
12-17-2007, 11:06 AM
I've been working on converting my father in law since May. It's been tough, but he's now committed to voting for Paul in the primaries. He called me this morning and says he received an automated call a few minutes ago (he's been known to contribute to the RNC & W's last few campaigns, so he gets a lot of these opinion polls by phone and in the mail) He said that the question was "which Republican do you plan on supporting in the primaries" ....Paul was the 6th choice. He said when he pressed 6, the automated voice just kept on talking like it wasn't taking the vote. He said he kept pressing 6 and nothing would happen. Finally, it thanked him for his participation, but he's not even sure it recorded his vote. I told him that this is nothing new, and that led into a discussion about the media blackouts, inaccurate polls, etc...God bless my father in law as he has been a STAUNCH supporter of the invasion of Iraq, and intervention in the Middle East in general, so this conversion is a big move for him. Especially since one his best friend's daughter works for Giuliani in Florida. I'm pretty proud of him. I tried to get him to shell out some cash for the tea party yesterday, I don't think it happened, but he knows a donation from him is on my Christmas list.

These poll shenanigans aren't anything new, but thought I'd share anyway.

Paulitician
12-17-2007, 11:07 AM
Good to hear. I can't believe people still see polls as gospel.

user
12-17-2007, 11:10 AM
Thanks for sharing!

Cleaner44
12-17-2007, 11:10 AM
We need to get the word out to vote for Tancredo in all phone polls.