PDA

View Full Version : Why isn't Ron Paul holding Town Hall mtgs?

LibertyEagle
12-17-2007, 10:21 AM
... in the early primary states. Rallies are great and all and fire up the people who are already Ron Paul supporters, but I can't imagine they do much to bring new people into the campaign. People want to be able to ask their questions and get answers from the candidates and the early primary states are used to being able to do just that.

Why isn't Dr. Paul doing any of these? The one with the Greenburg or Spartanburg GOP, early on, seemed to go a long way towards showing the GOP there that he wasn't at all like what the media had been trying to portray. That he is the real conservative in the race.

Dsteenbock
12-17-2007, 10:51 AM
He has done a town hall meeting In New Hampshire. I watched It on C-Span.

jgmaynard
12-17-2007, 10:52 AM
I've been wondering the same thing - he should be doing those regularly here.

JM

steph3n
12-17-2007, 10:54 AM
he has been having them but they have been putting to local news not online becuase too many supporters show up that undecideds can't :D

LibertyEagle
12-17-2007, 11:13 AM
he has been having them but they have been putting to local news not online becuase too many supporters show up that undecideds can't :D

How are they letting people know that it is occurring then, so they can attend?

atilla
12-17-2007, 11:15 AM
he has a day job. he can't be in the hustings as much as those slackers.

LibertyEagle
12-17-2007, 11:25 AM
he has a day job. he can't be in the hustings as much as those slackers.

At this point in time, his day job had better be campaigning for the primaries.

steph3n
12-17-2007, 11:39 AM
How are they letting people know that it is occurring then, so they can attend?

I will put it this way, since they are local they get the word out locally.
At one point they were putting them on the calendar, but the amount of die hard supports going was too much and it would force interested people to leave or not come in due to it being more of a rally than a town hall meeting.

you ca NOT win over undecideds by having such rallies as their issues can't be addressed.

jgmaynard
12-17-2007, 11:42 AM

Yeah, but I know about the local small unadvertised events in NH. I only recall seeing one or two town hall appearances in the state.

JM