PDA

View Full Version : No more money bombs please...

Sematary
12-17-2007, 09:48 AM
/begin sarcasm As you can see from the press coverage today /end sarcasm
the money bomb idea has pretty much run it's course. Even if it hadn't, however, I think we need to focus our energies by getting our boots on the ground and talking to people now. Monetarily, we've done everything we can and then some and we can keep on giving till it hurts - because the campaign needs us to, but the real work is yet to be done. So let's get to it.

Taco John
12-17-2007, 10:01 AM
Money bombs aren't about getting press coverage. They're about getting money in Dr. Paul's campaign so that there *is* a campaign.

xexkxex
12-17-2007, 10:05 AM
The next money bomb has already been rolling for some time.

The link is in my signature.

Hell..a new sub forum has already been created for it...

If you not want to give the campaign money on that day..don't...no worries ;)

brandon
12-17-2007, 10:20 AM
I agree with you semetary. I hope the rest of the grassroots realizes this as well.

filmmaker58
12-17-2007, 10:30 AM
20,000 new donators!! I got about 20 myself. The momentum of the moneybombs is enormous for recruiting. We don't have to break the record again, but for fundraising, and for media coverage, they work great. As long as they continue to bring new blood into our campaign, I saw keep it up.

markj
12-17-2007, 10:36 AM
I'm in for the New Years Eve money bomb!

Spirit of '76
12-17-2007, 10:44 AM
Bob, I'm with you on this one. The moneybomb thing is played out, and we're going to see diminishing returns from here on out.

It's especially bad when everyone and their grandmother are promoting their own private moneybombs on different days of their own choosing. It's overwhelming.

jgmaynard
12-17-2007, 10:46 AM
January 10th, 2008:

Ron has placed 3rd in Iowa and won NH. Poll numbers show he has gotten a 20% boost, and now leads most MSM polls nationwide (except those done by Frank Luntz, which show him at 1%). His name is on the lips of Americans nationwide. The campaign sends out an e-mail saying the campaign is nearly out of cash and they need money quickly for a Super Tuesday that will catapault Ron to the nomination.

What do we do?

The moneybombs are one of the most powerful weapons at our disposal.

JM

Sematary
12-17-2007, 10:48 AM
January 10th, 2008:

Ron has placed 3rd in Iowa and won NH. Poll numbers show he has gotten a 20% boost, and now leads most MSM polls nationwide (except those done by Frank Luntz, which show him at 1%). His name is on the lips of Americans nationwide. The campaign sends out an e-mail saying the campaign is nearly out of cash and they need money quickly for a Super Tuesday that will catapault Ron to the nomination.

What do we do?

The moneybombs are one of the most powerful weapons at our disposal.

JM

Um, we respond to the emails sent out to the campaign and donate as much as we can at that time? Just a thought.

voytechs
12-17-2007, 10:49 AM
the money bomb idea has pretty much run it's course. Even if it hadn't, however, I think we need to focus our energies by getting our boots on the ground and talking to people now. Monetarily, we've done everything we can and then some and we can keep on giving till it hurts - because the campaign needs us to, but the real work is yet to be done. So let's get to it.

Completely disagree. We can't do it too often, do you realize how many people it motivates to give that wouldn't in the first place. How many people give a lot more than they would otherwise. Also how much fun it is to watch these things. The money bombs are the lifeblood of this campaign.

Exarel
12-17-2007, 10:50 AM
I agree with topic starter

xexkxex
12-17-2007, 10:50 AM
Talking down a project that is already in swing is a waste of time....if you don't want to participate...than don't...it's real simple. ;)

speciallyblend
12-17-2007, 10:56 AM
People like me have no time other then at work,where i can update and send out info,other then that our family has personal issues we are trying to deal with at the moment,so the money bomb is the only way i can donate when i even have money.

I'm gonna have to offer money to other members who are already working their asses off on phone banks and hope they can cover the slack that i cant pick up:(

I hope April,one of our members can pick up the slack,crossing my fingers sigh:(

jgmaynard
12-17-2007, 11:59 AM
Um, we respond to the emails sent out to the campaign and donate as much as we can at that time? Just a thought.

But campaign e-mails are not as effective as are moneybombs. A perfect example was the end of November - they sent out a fundraising e-mail and got, IIRC, something like $130K. Our folks got a last-minute Nov 30th mini-bomb going and raised $500K.

It's one of the most powerful poltical weapons we have - you don't just lay it aside. IMHO, of course.

JM

jd603
12-17-2007, 12:06 PM
Well part of the plan was to get the media coverage, if it doesn't happen it is pretty safe to say the "market" will be smaller for money bombs. :)

..but obviously we want to give as much $ as possible anyway.

Money bombs aren't about getting press coverage. They're about getting money in Dr. Paul's campaign so that there *is* a campaign.

mconder
12-17-2007, 12:11 PM
Yes...let's abandon an idea that has done more to raise manoey for the campaign than anything else combined. Good idea. Who do you work for, Romney?

dude58677
12-17-2007, 12:13 PM

We need to keep them going for the rest of the campaign because it is going to take up to 100 million to take the White House.

TwiLeXia
12-17-2007, 12:14 PM
money bombs are great, but yes we need to take this out to the streets.

why don't we simply have BOTH?

literatim
12-17-2007, 12:15 PM
Why do you think donating and getting boots on the ground are mutually exclusive? You know how many times I've bumped this thread (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=52599) which has been mostly ignored?

Seriously people. The campaign still needs money to run a campaign! If they don't, we will have repeat of Pat Buchanan's run.

Craig_R
12-17-2007, 12:16 PM
you seem to overlook the fact that with the money from the bomb they can buy media.. everybody wins with a moneybomb

Carole
12-17-2007, 12:28 PM
The campaign said earlier on that the money has to be spent by the End of the Quarter.

What is the point of a money bomb on the last day of the quarter or even after this past weekend?

I think everyday donations at this point would work better than a a last minute bomb.

I also think it is too soon to have another bomb. I am bomb'ed out moneywise. It is the holiday season after all and people are already stretched for money. It would be more effective to do a bomb in the next quarter.

Sunday was great, but now is the time for being grounded and for people to be out there in the field as they continue to do the real campaigning aa well as donate small amounts steadily through last part of quarter.

Please rethink this plan.