PDA

View Full Version : What will you do when Paul wins the nomination?

GoRon2008
12-17-2007, 09:27 AM
I personally will run down the street naked!!! Quote me on that!!!

LOL

Honestly, as gay as it sounds, I will probably get on my knees and kiss the ground with a tear or two.

What will you do?!?

Stealth4
12-17-2007, 09:31 AM
I dunno, but are you involved in your local GOP, we need to be. Im finding to many supporters are not and its going to hurt us come delegate election time.

I've never done this before, Im out of my element, but Im doing it because we need to and we need to beat these people face to face.

Most have been cordial to me, but I've had heated discussions with a few. They dont expect to be challenged on the war in their own lair.

rp4evar08
12-17-2007, 09:32 AM
Its only half the battle, but its the first step towards victory!

kylejack
12-17-2007, 09:32 AM
"Dear IRS,
You're fired."

I will send a letter.

SimpleName
12-17-2007, 09:34 AM
Definitely jump up and down, screaming with a tear or two. Obviously that is, as already said, only half the battle but probably the most difficult battle. After getting the nomination, I can see Paul dominating Hillary. Obama may be more of a challenge though in my opinion.

GoRon2008
12-17-2007, 09:35 AM
I dunno, but are you involved in your local GOP, we need to be. Im finding to many supporters are not and its going to hurt us come delegate election time.

I've never done this before, Im out of my element, but Im doing it because we need to and we need to beat these people face to face.

Most have been cordial to me, but I've had heated discussions with a few. They dont expect to be challenged on the war in their own lair.

I am in california and registered as repubulican.

I havent figured out how to be a delegate yet but I know I have some time left (california) and I will learn.

reduen
12-17-2007, 09:39 AM
I will probably cry and thank God. Then I will definetly post a sincere thank you to everyone here..

NicoleFord
12-17-2007, 09:40 AM
i am a HUGE RP supporter. my husband is a democrat, however, and works in MSM. BUT he has always said IF any republican gets the WH, he hopes it is RP. he is not against him, at all, and likes him quite a bit. but he is a dem at the end of the day and really has dem views.

but my point is this- he says even if ron paul gets more money than any person in history and wins in every state or most, he will never get the nomination- one reason: THE NEOCON CHRISTIAN MAJORITY in the RNC who makes the decisions.

i have master's in poli science and understand how this whole thing really works but i was blinded by hope. my husband's comments aren't going to change my support and i will continue my fight, but i think he is right. i wonder how we can change this?

GoRon2008
12-17-2007, 09:45 AM
i am a HUGE RP supporter. my husband is a democrat, however, and works in MSM. BUT he has always said IF any republican gets the WH, he hopes it is RP. he is not against him, at all, and likes him quite a bit. but he is a dem at the end of the day and really has dem views.

but my point is this- he says even if ron paul gets more money than any person in history and wins in every state or most, he will never get the nomination- one reason: THE NEOCON CHRISTIAN MAJORITY in the RNC who make the decisions.

i have master's in poli science and understand how this whole thing really works but i was blinded by hope. my husband's comments aren't going to change my support and i will continue my fight, but i think he is right. i wonder how we can change this?

It is true that we are up against forces that are hard to fight. But.... there comes a point when you push people to far and they push back. It has happened a few times in history and THIS IS that time. I think 4 years ago, Ron wouldnt have a chance. But, they have gone to far.

We are not going to let them win. We have a REAL fighting chance. We can do this. Just have faith.

westmich4paul
12-17-2007, 09:47 AM
I am a registered Republican and also sign up to be a delegate for my precinct, which right now is currently allready seated. I attend all monthly GOP meetings and talk with all the party members. I always try to remember how Dr. Paul would act around these people and not how I would. He has really changed me as a person because just 6 monthes I would flew off the handle at these snobby war mongers. Now I sit quietly and let the power of the R3VOLUTION do my arguing for me.

Tonight is our county GOP meeting and guess whose walking in with a big ole smile? Sitting there with a bog ole piece of he's catchin on,I'm tellin ya pie!

GoRon2008
12-17-2007, 09:49 AM
I am a registered Republican and also sign up to be a delegate for my precinct, which right now is currently allready seated. I attend all monthly GOP meetings and talk with all the party members. I always try to remember how Dr. Paul would act around these people and not how I would. He has really changed me as a person because just 6 monthes I would flew off the handle at these snobby war mongers. Now I sit quietly and let the power of the R3VOLUTION do my arguing for me.

Tonight is our county GOP meeting and guess whose walking in with a big ole smile? Sitting there with a bog ole piece of he's catchin on,I'm tellin ya pie!

Right on west!!!!

Keep on representing us!!!!

Keep us updated!

Fyretrohl
12-17-2007, 09:50 AM
Well, I believe if the votes go to RP during the peoples vote, there will be the largest RP rally at the RNC. And, should they try to control and overcome the vote, we are likely to see the minor version of the Shot Heard.......

ckhagen
12-17-2007, 09:54 AM
I'll cry, that's for sure. It would be such an amazing reward for all this hard work.

I'm presenting to our local GOP tonight. The chairman asked me to after we had a pretty heated discussion via a forum and it ended with him saying that I was the "first logical RP supporter (he) had ever talked to". Lol. So... I was given the honor of representing RP tonight at the Executive Committee meeting. Wish me... uhh... luck? No, clarity.

I've applied to be a delegate. The FL rep party isn't making it easy to figure out how the process is going to work.

GoRon2008
12-17-2007, 09:56 AM
I'll cry, that's for sure. It would be such an amazing reward for all this hard work.

I'm presenting to our local GOP tonight. The chairman asked me to after we had a pretty heated discussion via a forum and it ended with him saying that I was the "first logical RP supporter (he) had ever talked to". Lol. So... I was given the honor of representing RP tonight at the Executive Committee meeting. Wish me... uhh... luck? No, clarity.

I've applied to be a delegate. The FL rep party isn't making it easy to figure out how the process is going to work.

Good luck!!! But, you don't need it, your supporting Ron Paul, that should be easy:D

But seriously, good for you.

Concerned Supporter
12-17-2007, 09:57 AM
im gonna bundle up because its going to be very very cold

markj
12-17-2007, 09:58 AM
Hanging on my office wall and has been for many years now...

http://www.pcsincnet.com/snoopyIRS.jpg

I will send them a copy of it! :D

Stealth4
12-17-2007, 09:59 AM

Go to every meeting, get to know the people. I dont argue with everyone. I've had heated discussions, but no arguments. Also I dont start them, they do once they know I support RP. The funny thing is that most of these neo-cons all say they agree 75% with RP, but not on the war. I then ask how will we continue to pay for the war as we are 9 trillion in debt - that usually stops them in their tracks.

Good luck - we can do this - and your doing the right thing. The local GOP website should have all the party rules. We all need to read those in depth - boring but required.

Finally - learn Robert's Rules of order.

scotland4RP
12-17-2007, 10:00 AM
Begin preperations to move to the US. Get away from the overbearing state in the UK

westmich4paul
12-17-2007, 10:07 AM
http://www.musikmarkt-wiesbaden.de/images/DAVID%20BO%

This is what i'll be doing( well except not with these two)

Severius
12-17-2007, 10:27 AM
Start pushing people to vote for him the general election. Also thank God, kiss my wife, and drink a lot (http://www.shiner.com/beers/beers-bock.html) of (http://www.arrogantbastard.com/index2.html) beer (http://www.anchorbrewing.com/beers/libertyale.htm).

Alex Libman
12-17-2007, 10:29 AM
There'd be no time to celebrate. A Paul-vs-Hitlery election would change everything! The government-mooching corporations, especially the military-industrial complex and private prisons, will back her with everything they got, so we'll all need to work some overtime to raise enough money to counter that!

But even a Ron Paul presidency probably won't affect my long-term plans to move to New Hampshire in 2-3 years as a part of the Free State Project! With the libertarian revolution taking place on federal level, state and local politics will become even more important!

BillyDkid
12-17-2007, 10:35 AM
Its only half the battle, but its the first step towards victory!Actually, I think it's much more than half the battle. I believe the biggest obstacle to Ron Paul becoming President is the GOP machine and winning the nomination. Once he wins the media CAN'T ignore him and win people start to hear him - all those 50% who don't vote - they will rise up like a tidal wave to support him.

JenH88
12-17-2007, 11:17 AM
Actually, I think it's much more than half the battle. I believe the biggest obstacle to Ron Paul becoming President is the GOP machine and winning the nomination. Once he wins the media CAN'T ignore him and win people start to hear him - all those 50% who don't vote - they will rise up like a tidal wave to support him.

Absolutely, once the masses see the real possibility of him winning, the message of freedom will do the rest... we have to make a stand and make sure they HAVE to give Ron Paul the nomination.

XelR8r
12-17-2007, 11:32 AM
I am going to start at the top of my list of haters and deniers and start calling for them to be off the air due to incompetence.
I mean if you missed this avalanche as it was roaring down the hill at ya, you don't deserve a job scrapping up poo-poo.

Matt Collins
12-17-2007, 11:52 AM
I think we should all try to float our livers if he wins!!!

On the other hand, if he doesn't win.... hmmmm same response to either outcome :p

Suzu
12-17-2007, 12:08 PM
A neocon friend has made a juicy bet with me. He is so sure that Ron Paul won't win higher than fifth place in a single primary/caucus, that I don't have to pay anything if he wins the bet, but if I win, he pays me $1k for each first place primary win; $750 for each 2nd place; $500 for each 3rd place; $250 for each 4th place. If RP becomes the nominee I've got a huge payout coming, and if he wins the general election, I get an all-expense paid trip to Washington DC for the inaugurantion, followed by a two-week vacation for two in Acapulco. Ron Paul's success will be making me rich!!

JAlli41
12-17-2007, 12:56 PM
I'll start planning my 7 hour drive to DC for Jan. 20th... as for the delegate thing, I believe some states have laws saying you must vote for who the people voted for, though I may be wrong... that being said, if anything like this happens and RP wins the vote totals but not the delegates I truly believe a wing of the GOP will break off, for instance, 1/3 of the party is military and their family, thats why my family got into being Republicans, if they get slapped in the face this year, there will be enough angry people between anti-war people, disaffected voters, and people who are sick of the political process that the neo-con/Christian right part of the party will HAVE to make some big decisions regarding their party... you cant keep giving the people the illusion that their vote counts and then taking the power out of the voters hands when they dont make the decision you like

Dequeant
12-17-2007, 01:39 PM
Letter to NRC:

"All your nomination are belong to us!"

Letter to Hillary:

"I'm in your debates, stealin your votes!"

snaFU
12-17-2007, 01:40 PM
I will go get laid to make the day even better.

polexi
12-17-2007, 01:46 PM
I'll be getting wasted.

Pauliana
12-17-2007, 02:02 PM
Call Stephanopoulos.

Me: So George, what was that you were saying?

And then I'd tell him to man up and pay up on his bet to RP.

ecliptic
12-17-2007, 07:06 PM
Once he wins the media CAN'T ignore him

so naive... the media will not only continue to ignore and attempt to repress his candidacy - they will actively attempt to smear, obfuscate, lie, cheat, and whatever else they are told by their owners . . . you do know who owns the five corporations which own your media? don't you???

aspiringconstitutionalist
12-17-2007, 07:10 PM
I'll be sitting in a hospital room next to a defibulator, waiting for the heart attack that I will have from sheer joy.

burningfur
12-17-2007, 07:11 PM
Find a draft card and burn it.