PDA

View Full Version : 3 Day News Cycle - Patience

me3
12-17-2007, 09:07 AM
I think some people have unrealistic expectations of news first thing this AM.

There is a news cycle, and the campaign has not given it's press conference yet, only issued a short press release.

What until they hold the conference, you will see this news emerge later today, tomorrow, and throughout the week.

We're going to get a lot more press out of this than people might be thinking right now, but until the press is fully briefed, and the news is disseminated it won't show up as huge headlines right away.

Remember, even last week, we were still reaping the rewards of Nov. 5th.

Patience. Timing is everything, and we want to get all of the other campaign's news out of the way, so we can own the run up to the primaries.

walt
12-17-2007, 09:11 AM
please go to www.wordpress.com, open a blog and link to the stories you LIKE - the search engines use these links to determine RELEVANCY.

30,000 Ron Paul blogs doing this would make a MAJOR difference both in content counting and rewarding stories that are positive.

Let's see thousands of new wordpress.com blogs today (they are FREE).

CREATE YOUR OWN NEWS.

user
12-17-2007, 09:12 AM
Plus we have Glenn Beck and Meet the Press coming up, both for a full hour each.

JenH88
12-17-2007, 09:30 AM
Plus we have Glenn Beck and Meet the Press coming up, both for a full hour each.

Exactly, the timing is perfect to launch Dr. Paul into this race for real. Today and tmrw the news will be covering the huge money bomb, then tmrw he's on Glenn Beck and the Iowa radio show (can't remember the name right now, sry) Both of which are HUGE. Glenn Beck obviously has a huge audience, and from the research I did the radio show he's on has the biggest audience in Iowa, 350,000 people reached a day and they say he's the strongest voice to sway politics on the radio in Iowa. This is a great set-up! He will def. be getting a lot more name recognition in the next couple days... and those images in your head of all those people marching with Ron Paul signs and tea party enactments shows that there aren't just 12 of us- voting for Ron Paul isn't a "vote for an underdog" it's a vote for liberty. Let's all just chill out and watch the fruits of our labor... good job everyone yest!

Falseflagop
12-17-2007, 09:31 AM
So they have time to censor the BLOW!! They are running scared as people are waking up to TRUTH!

SimpleName
12-17-2007, 09:37 AM
Somewhat true and somewhat not. If Romney or Huckabee had a drive like that, they would constantly be trying to sort out the numbers themselves, forgetting that the other candidates even exist. But certainly not for Paul. IN fact, Hillary was all over the news this morning. 3 interviews aired across the board within 20 minutes. The Early Show and The Today Show literally had her on at the same time (obviously one taped, one live)

me3
12-17-2007, 09:38 AM
So they have time to censor the BLOW!! They are running scared as people are waking up to TRUTH!
If people feel there is censorship, then they should work harder.

The reality is, the real news cycle starts today, and the first big campaign news of the weekend was all of the endorsements, so that is what is getting major play right now.

Being skeptical is healthy and honest, being paranoid can drive people crazy.

me3
12-17-2007, 10:41 AM
//

BillyDkid
12-17-2007, 10:44 AM
please go to www.wordpress.com, open a blog and link to the stories you LIKE - the search engines use these links to determine RELEVANCY.

30,000 Ron Paul blogs doing this would make a MAJOR difference both in content counting and rewarding stories that are positive.

Let's see thousands of new wordpress.com blogs today (they are FREE).

CREATE YOUR OWN NEWS.
The truth is, they only covered 11/5 to the extent they had to so they wouldn't look completely dishonest. It should have been a much bigger story all over the media and it should made them start to carry serious coverage of Dr. Paul. What's more, it didn't prevent the "scientific" pollsters from continuing to leave Dr. Paul out of their polls.

fuzzybekool
12-17-2007, 11:11 AM
I agree that this week looks promising with the major interviews that Ron Paul has lined up. Exposure is always a good thing, and this Money Bomb of 6 million dollars should help to sway more undecided and timid voters on the sidelines.

Legitimacy will be realized if, and only if, Ron Paul has a top 3 finish in Iowa and New Hampshire. It is sad that the nominating process is puposely designed to help encumbents and establishment candidates, but that is the card we have been dealt.

You would think freedom and liberty and a sound economic policy coupled with a true humble foreign policy would be an easy sell, and it is. But the main stream media along with the establishment have corrupted the process so deeply, that American voters look for who is the media propping up, and who is more likely to mantian the status quo, even if it means more tyranny, less freedoms, a collapsing economy, and aggressive wars.

I just told my 72 year old father that Ron Paul raised 6 million dollars yesterday, and he was impressed, but said, he still won't win. I asked why ? He then went on to tell me that the media won't let him, especially if he advocates non intervention around the world, and no foreign aid to Israel and other countries. He quickly reminded me, like I didn't already know, that the media is owned and the money is owned, and the more importantly the flow of information is owned by a small minority of people. I know he was referring to the Jewish-Israeli lobby, and I guess I have to agree somewhat. He even warned me I should drop my support before I get in trouble.

This is how Americans are deceived, subtly and slowly. Afraid to defend their own country, they rather let the hijack of our Republic continue unabated. I am guilty of this as is many of you have joined in this unusual movement. No matter what happens, I don't believe this endeavor will end if Ron Paul does not win. My number one priority now is to do all I can to spread the word that Ron Paul can win. We must decide collectively that our country is under attack, not by any foreign foes, but by our own ignorance and apathy, and resolve to continue the movement no matter where it takes us.

This process of a few deciding who our leaders will be is insane and suicidal. If we need to inject ourselves into this corrupt system to save ourselves and our country, then that is what we need to do. Our victories in the straw polls across the country demonstrates that we have committed and loyal patriotic Americans willing to do what is needed. The GOP henchmen have tried to stop us, and have rigged some, and cancelled others, when our strength was seen and heard. How can we quit when so much has been uncovered and exposed ?

I was a loyal Fox News viewer and CNN viewer until this movement opened my eyes. Many more Americans have their eyes wide open but remain blind to the truth. It is these Americans we need to save. The small minority of Americans whose eyes will remain closed can never be saved, but thank God, they are few and far between.

I really have no idea how strong our support is out there across the country, and people like my father are looking to see if it can materialize before they join us. The timid will remain silent, and the fragile Republic will continue to strain under the weight of apathy and fear. We are at a crossroads, even with all we have accomplished so far, amazing as it is. History will not remember most of us individually, but history will remember the end result that we collectively achieved.

Some of you who follow my posts know I have been advocating a large scale march on the order of the civil rights marches of the 60's. I believe that the only way to get more Americans to join this noble cause quickly is to show them they are not alone. Where, and when, and how can be decided in a day or two. This is my rambling for today. Ron Paul 2008

dfalken
12-17-2007, 11:30 AM
I agree, I am having a hard time getting the baby boomers in my family to commit to Ron Paul because some of them claim he has no chance....others just plain don't get it and think the war is necessary...those are a lost cause. In my opinion the biggest problem in America today is the baby boomer generation as in general they are entitled and have not really suffered any hardship throughout their lives. When something goes wrong they just immediately look for someone else to blame. It is time for us younger generations along with the awake boomers to take back this country before the baby boomers finish destroying it for us.

idrake
12-17-2007, 11:37 AM
I agree, I am having a hard time getting the baby boomers in my family to commit to Ron Paul because some of them claim he has no chance....others just plain don't get it and think the war is necessary...those are a lost cause. In my opinion the biggest problem in America today is the baby boomer generation as in general they are entitled and have not really suffered any hardship throughout their lives. When something goes wrong they just immediately look for someone else to blame. It is time for us younger generations along with the awake boomers to take back this country before the baby boomers finish destroying it for us.

What? My father is a baby boomer (and an RP supporter). He was in Vietnam, lived through high inflation periods, and a couple recessions. I'm 31 and it's been nothing but roses compared to his generation.

If anything, I think that's the problem. That generation is just too ingrained in the status quo.

Cardinal Red
12-17-2007, 07:44 PM
I think some people have unrealistic expectations of news first thing this AM.

There is a news cycle, and the campaign has not given it's press conference yet, only issued a short press release.

What until they hold the conference, you will see this news emerge later today, tomorrow, and throughout the week.

We're going to get a lot more press out of this than people might be thinking right now, but until the press is fully briefed, and the news is disseminated it won't show up as huge headlines right away.

Remember, even last week, we were still reaping the rewards of Nov. 5th.

Patience. Timing is everything, and we want to get all of the other campaign's news out of the way, so we can own the run up to the primaries.

We will see the benefits of this for a long time. Patience. Also, the number one thing that is working against us right now is our still low standing in offline polls. They may be wrong, but they are not rigged-- we are just a very hard campaign to poll because we are bringing so many new people in to the process. When we rise in the polls and do well in Iowa and NH, the media will pay attention. Until then, lets just focus on getting our work done.

Pedro TT
12-17-2007, 08:08 PM
This is bullshit. McCain got his endrosement on Sunday and it was PLASTERED all over the news by Sunday night. There is no "cycle" or any other thing stopping them from reporting this news.

The media is blacking him out plain and simple. The harder they push, the harder we push back.

NewEnd
12-17-2007, 08:50 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=58445

read this, see what people were saying abotu the media Nov 6th

justatrey
12-17-2007, 08:52 PM
The media is giving him probably 10% the coverage they would give many other candidates accomplishing the same thing. I thought we all knew this would happen beforehand?

Did anyone really think this would be covered like Oprah endorsing Barack Obama?

We have a right to be frustrated, and even a little angry, but remember what the money is for! We already KNEW Ron Paul would not get fair attention. So, we bought it! Screw Larry King, we have 30 minute infomercials coming, radio ads, commercials, magazine ads, and a friggin blimp!

Cigaboo
12-17-2007, 08:59 PM
We have a right to be frustrated, and even a little angry, but remember what the money is for! We already KNEW Ron Paul would not get fair attention. So, we bought it! Screw Larry King, we have 30 minute infomercials coming, radio ads, commercials, magazine ads, and a friggin blimp!

(Let's just hope the quality of television ads is a lot better than we've seen so far)