PDA

View Full Version : Campaaaaaign!!! Update The Dod Gamn Site !!!

ronpaulfan
12-17-2007, 07:25 AM
AFTER ALL THAT YOU DON'T EVEN UPDATE THE SITE!?!?!! WE MISSED THE MORNING NEWS RUSH BECAUSE YOU GUYS DROPPED THE BALL!!

OMFG FIRE THE WEBMASTER!!! I am serious!!! :mad:

Castrensis
Whoa. Don't tase me, bro.

FreeTraveler
AFTER ALL THAT YOU DON'T EVEN UPDATE THE SITE!?!?!! WE MISSED THE MORNING NEWS RUSH BECAUSE YOU GUYS DROPPED THE BALL!!

They already put out a press release. Chill.

qwerty
huh ? :eek:

Take it easy...

NY4RP
12-17-2007, 07:26 AM
I reluctantly agree, they are not capitalizing on this event as much as possible.

xexkxex
12-17-2007, 07:27 AM
Whoa. Don't tase me, bro.

I LOL'D :D

idiotwind
12-17-2007, 07:28 AM
lol temper much?

livinglegend
12-17-2007, 07:30 AM
The man is right though.

It's NOT HARD to make a new post on the site. It's such a small thing that it's just annoying that they haven't bothered to change it.

quickmike
12-17-2007, 07:30 AM
Dude,

Make yourself a nice cup of hot cocoa and relax. Everything is gonna be ok.

http://coffeeworks.bm/orders/files/swiss_miss_m_big_m.jpg

jenninlouisiana
12-17-2007, 07:31 AM
The press release went out after midnight.

jenninlouisiana
12-17-2007, 07:32 AM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE CONTACT: Jesse Benton

December 17, 2007 703-248-9115

ARLINGTON, VIRGINIA – Congressman Ron Paul’s presidential campaign had a record fundraising day yesterday.

In a 24-hour period on December 16, the campaign raised $6.026 million dollars, surpassing the one-day record of $5.7 million held by John Kerry.

During the day, over 58,000 people contributed to Dr. Paul’s campaign, including 24,940 first-time donors. Over 118,000 Americans have donated to the campaign in the fourth quarter.

The $6 million one-day total means the campaign has raised over $18 million this quarter, far exceeding its goal of $12 million.

“We have the right message: freedom, peace and prosperity,” said Ron Paul 2008 campaign chairman Kent Snyder. “We also have the right candidate: Dr. Ron Paul.”

Congressman Paul will be campaigning in Iowa today hold including a press conference at 12:45 pm at the Des Moines Marriott in the Des Moines Room.

Lacrosseus
12-17-2007, 07:33 AM

Uhhh... they have not updated their site and it does seem a bit odd.

They sent out two campaign emails yesterday and posted them on the web-site.

They also, apparently, sent an official news release to the media shortly after midnight.

You would think they could have also updated their web-site with this press release so that Ron Paul supporters and other media types could quickly find accurate information this morning.

But... ummm... not sure I would fire anyone over it or type in caps or anything like that (looking left, looking right... waiting for RonPaulFan to attack) :eek:

LibertyEagle
12-17-2007, 07:33 AM

Yeah well, why aren't they showing that on the campaign website?

NY4RP
12-17-2007, 07:34 AM

Doesnt matter when the media is quoting the official website- which the campaign hasnt had the courtesy to update. Don't they know this was done by us? We EXPECT the campaign to capitalize on the teaparty as much as possible, otherwise, whats the point of a mass donation?

freedom-maniac
12-17-2007, 07:34 AM
Let's not loose our tempers...unless they really botch this!

ronpaulblogsdotcom
12-17-2007, 07:35 AM
Dude everything will be changed eventually. But.... IF you are worried about the message on the website, you shouldnt be, becuase that message would be like they are preaching to the choir. The visitors there are mostly umm us.

They and WE should be worried about new publicity, to new people, in new venues.

crhoades
One too many espresso shots this morning?:(

Oliver
Oh man, relax. Don't lose your nerves for no reasons...
Thread down-rated.

Look at this great Idea instead:
the charity bomb:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=57400

:)

ronpaulfan
12-17-2007, 07:36 AM
PUT THIS REALLY BIG ON THE HOME PAGE RIGHT NOW:

"Ron Paul Raises $6 Million in 24 Hours, a New U.S. One-Day Fundraising Record"

OMG!!! DO IT NOW!!!

user
12-17-2007, 07:36 AM
That press release should be the top post on the site, not some out-of-date post from last night! This is a screw-up, and I don't usually criticize the campaign.

alleon86
12-17-2007, 07:38 AM
this HQ blew it.. im very dissapointed. We spent so much money to help ron paul get this record he he wont bother to change a few words in the website.

poeple are going to hear to story and log on to the website just to see we raised 5.4 million

this is BS...........

Lacrosseus
12-17-2007, 07:38 AM
Dude,

Make yourself a nice cup of hot cocoa and relax. Everything is gonna be ok.

http://coffeeworks.bm/orders/files/swiss_miss_m_big_m.jpg

THEY HAVE A FAT FREE VERSION OF SWISS MISS WITH MARSHMELLOWS!?

WTF!!!

NOT AT MY LOCAL STORE! FIRE THAT SOM'B STORE MANAGER!

mvpel
12-17-2007, 07:40 AM
It's tough to update a website when it's being crushed by tens of thousands of hits per second from people wanting to get in a last-minute donation or watch the tally tick over at midnight.

RonPaulFan should apologize for his crass diatribe. It's totally uncalled for. The $6 million speaks for itself.

RPFTW!
12-17-2007, 07:40 AM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a90/Sclorch/AlexJonesFlexing.jpg

JohnnyWrath
12-17-2007, 07:41 AM
I kind of agree...I woke up this morning and went directly to the official site to see what the final total was....it still says 5.4 in an old message. We put effort into it, they could at least update the main site.

CelestialRender
12-17-2007, 07:41 AM
THEY HAVE A FAT FREE VERSION OF SWISS MISS WITH MARSHMELLOWS!?

WTF!!!

NOT AT MY LOCAL STORE! FIRE THAT SOM'B STORE MANAGER!

OMG you have a LOCAL store?? We don't get those in Louisiana....fire the Governor!! Seriously!! :mad:

crhoades
12-17-2007, 07:42 AM
I'm so glad that what little press decides to report on this will come to the rpforums and see the title of this thread. Or the 18,000 new donors. You should check out motivational speaking as a career. Learn self-control.

Revolutn
12-17-2007, 07:43 AM
MMmm over-reaction - yes.

Appropriate sentiment - YES.

We all know the MSM shows the web site when doing their coverage, they have every other time.

This is sadly one more example of a prime opportunity missed.

People who gave deep until it hurts do have an expectation that the campaign will properly capitalize (ha-ha) on the situation.

It's disappointing to wake up and find out that the campaign staff fumbled the snap on the last play of the game, after we played 59 minutes of history making offensive game.

The intensity and shrill-ness of the OP is what's 'shocking' but...he's outraged, and while I am not as outraged - I've been there before, we all have I'm sure.

JDeVriese
12-17-2007, 07:44 AM
I think someone's tea got pissed in LOL

user
12-17-2007, 07:44 AM
It's tough to update a website when it's being crushed by tens of thousands of hits per second from people wanting to get in a last-minute donation or watch the tally tick over at midnight.

RonPaulFan should apologize for his crass diatribe. It's totally uncalled for. The $6 million speaks for itself.
What? I don't think that's right at all.

maxbish
12-17-2007, 07:45 AM
Myself & 1000's of other RP fans stayed up after midnight waiting to see the final tally. I can think of no good reason why HQ's website doesn't post a prominent update of the final record breaking tally yesterday.

We did the TeaParty in part to force the MSM to front page our record breaking story, but how can we get mad at the MSM for failing to cover this when our own candidate won't post this record breaking story on his own webpage? :(

To me, this is highly discouraging. For anything to be effective it seems the effort has to be in the hands of grassroots and out of the hands of HQ. Makes me rethink how much energy I should put behind the campaign vs. grassroots.

Todd
12-17-2007, 07:47 AM
Yes..We are having the same problems with Campaign in Virginia....Don't wait for them to do anything folks...Take Initiative

NocturnalC
12-17-2007, 07:48 AM
I just emailed them about this issue. They are dropping the ball big time and it's not rewarding to see ronpaul2008.com with old news after a big day like yesterday. I said to them "new people are going to be curious and are going to check out ronpaul2008.com". I thanked them in advance for more "attentiveness".

RonPaulOnline
12-17-2007, 07:50 AM
PUT THIS REALLY BIG ON THE HOME PAGE RIGHT NOW:

"Ron Paul Raises $6 Million in 24 Hours, a New U.S. One-Day Fundraising Record"

OMG!!! DO IT NOW!!!

Published HERE (http://www.ronpaulonline.com/content/view/246/161/)

davidhperry
12-17-2007, 07:51 AM
OMG, I was expecting Ron Paul to post a video update thanking everyone personally for donating yesterday. THIS SUCKS!!!!!!11 Fire the web guy, the videographer, and the rest of the staff.

There is always something to complain about in this world. If you truly feel this way, then I suggest moving your ass to Virginia and manage the site yourself. I'm sure they could use the help and would let you do it if you offered to.

jt_54321
12-17-2007, 07:51 AM

On the flip side, why not the webmaster apologize for the delay in updating the site? IMO, todays' morning time (12/17) is/was a very crucial one...

GHoeberX
12-17-2007, 07:52 AM
Published HERE (http://www.ronpaulonline.com/content/view/246/161/)

That looks like it's your site instead of the official campaign website :)

garyallen59
12-17-2007, 07:53 AM
remember there are new members here watch what you post that title was uncalled for completely

burningfur
Out of curiosity, wouldn't the obvious thing to do be to put the new press release as the first link?

We need a hacker to go and update the site.

jk, jk. But seriously, go do it. lol.

burningfur
remember there are new members here watch what you post that title was uncalled for completely

Definently agree. Change Title to something with less cursage.

xexkxex
12-17-2007, 07:55 AM
Definently agree. Change Title to something with less cursage.

+1

Jagwarr
12-17-2007, 07:58 AM
I'd also like to know why the campaign is not counting phone donations and why they say the $400K added last night will not count. This all seems so strange to me. If they are not going to add the offline totals to the 12/16 totals then which day are they going to add them to and why.

They don't have to fudge any numbers but don't hurt the Tea Party numbers either.

I don't remember anyone from the campaign informing us NOT to call in donations and in fact there were several posts on these forums asking people to use the call in method.

Seems to me the HQ should have posted a total of at least $6.3 million on the website last night.

burningfur
12-17-2007, 07:59 AM
Seriously, Ronpaulfan, I know you're upset at the campaign, but the last thing we want is people checking out ron paul sites because of news on google.com or politico.com and coming here to see you're (even if it is justified) hatred for the campaign.

(just in case you can't see normal text)

Please change the title.

RPFTW!
12-17-2007, 07:59 AM
They should have added the 400,000 before the teaparty

Cleaner44
12-17-2007, 08:00 AM
If we started the Tea Party with $11.5 and we finnished with $17.9, which we did, how do they not come up with $6.4 million???

Jagwarr
12-17-2007, 08:02 AM
They should have added the 400,000 before the teaparty

Why before? That money came in during the tea party or at least $300K of it did. If not then how much did they get from offline donations yesterday?

Todd
12-17-2007, 08:02 AM

Agree....That was not a good idea

We still need to deal with Campaigns loopholes though...They are not as savy as a majority of the grassroots.

traitorist
12-17-2007, 08:03 AM
i wake up this morning to see this post at the forums?

STFU ronpaulfan.

fire ronpaulfan, not the campaign webmaster.

RPFTW!
12-17-2007, 08:03 AM
Why before? That money came in during the tea party or at least $300K of it did.

Just so we would know what came from the teaparty itself and what came before it. So instead of adding both donations from before and during like they did this time and confusing everybody they would seperate both donations

burningfur
12-17-2007, 08:04 AM
PLEASE CHANGE THE TITLE

I say it again. And I will say it again and again until you do it. We don't anymore negative impressions of the RP campaign. Period.

burningfur
12-17-2007, 08:06 AM
thank you for not using blasphemy or curses.

Peace.

I believe someone has already emailed the campaign about this and hopefully they will get it fixed soon.

Jagwarr
12-17-2007, 08:07 AM
Just so we would know what came from the teaparty itself and what came before it. So instead of adding both donations from before and during like they did this time and confusing everybody they would seperate both donations

If they did not think of this prior to the beginning of the tea party then that is another fault with HQ.

Don't they have computers there? How difficult could it be to see how many offline donations came in DURING the Tea Party and simply add that to the total and post that complete figure on Ronpaul2008? It's basic stuff.

traitorist
12-17-2007, 08:08 AM
yea, the new title is changed and it isnt frackin funny at all. what a**hole childish behavior. imagine how many new supporters this will turn off, not to mention any press coming here. selfish prick the OP is. if you don't like it, DO SOMETHING besides posting some stupid foul-mouthed post.

after such a wonderful weekend, i wake up to this tripe?