PDA

View Full Version : Intrade.com Is A Total Scam!

buffalokid777
07-06-2007, 01:38 AM
I checked out Intrade from links on this forum.....

I think this site is a TOTAL Scam....

They are trying to suppress Ron Paul Supporters by releasing unlimited stock in the market...

I have only been playing the free play......Because I wanted to check it out before spending money.

One thing I notice is there is what seems to be Unlimited stock for Ron Paul on the Free play....

Soon as anything bought around 3.0 and someone has a chance to profit, instantly a whole lot more Ron Paul positions come on the market.

They not only don't tell how many positions are in circulation just like when the Fed stopped releasing M3 numbers.

Ron Paul has MORE Volume than any other candidate....

65,000+ trades, all the other candidates have about a third of that....

This seems to be suspicious like intrade is flooding the market with Ron Paul positions to keep his market value low...

Are they're any other intrade users who can defend this....

I think intrade is a rigged market from what I have seen!

ChooseLiberty
07-06-2007, 11:57 AM
Sorry. Intrade is not a "scam". You probably need to read their support pages.

Here's a tip - if you have a lot of money and it's legal for you to bet then you can bid Ron Paul up as high as you have money to push it. That's what's happening. People are betting real money. Intrade is just providing the market.

tacitt
07-06-2007, 12:31 PM
What you're seeing isn't a scam. The people who put out the bids and offers are independent market makers - not intrade itself. Some of the market makers use programs, or bots, which respond to order flow by placing new bids and offers and/or removing old bids and offers. This is not fraudulent or a scam - it is just a way to trade more efficiently - the orders given to the program or bot come from the market maker -- it is his opinion or strategy -- if he's wrong, or he is illogically supressing Ron Paul's odds, he will lose money if he doesn't change his strategy.