PDA

View Full Version : $157K raised today....did some people wait too long?

Rob
12-17-2007, 06:39 AM
I was looking at today's totals and they're at $157K as of 7:35 AM EST. Did some people screw up and wait too long to donate? Oh well, at least it seems like we broke the fake Hillary record.

Paulitical Correctness
12-17-2007, 06:42 AM
No such thing as a screw up when it comes to donations.

xexkxex
12-17-2007, 06:45 AM
No such thing as a screw up when it comes to donations.

You would think that...

Some people were going by midnight their time...

....instead realizing that the cut off point was midnight eastern

So if some one in California donated at 11pm pacific...it was too late...

....some people:rolleyes:

Paulitical Correctness
12-17-2007, 06:47 AM
Ron Paul recieved a donation. Who cares if it's an hour later? How is this a screw up?

Some people.

xexkxex
12-17-2007, 06:49 AM
Ron Paul recieved a donation. Who cares if it's an hour later? How is this a screw up?

Some people.

Because it did not go toward the total of the 16th.

That was the whole point of donating on a single day...;)

If it there were huge unregular donations after the hour...then obviously some people missed the mark....

...this is simple logic...it happened on Nov 5th too...it's just the nature of the beasts....

...and by the way...the whole "Some people" thing....no need to be an ass

voytechs
12-17-2007, 06:50 AM
Same thing happened after the 5th, and before the 5th for that matter. People just can't get their timing right. We raised about $500K day after the 5th.

Paulitical Correctness
12-17-2007, 06:51 AM
Right, maybe some people didn't get off work in time.

They still donated to the cause.

You're a pessimistic one, aren't you?

xexkxex
12-17-2007, 06:54 AM
Right, maybe some people didn't get off work in time.

They still donated to the cause.

You're a pessimistic one, aren't you?

Work? ...so they worked the entire 24 hours and could not donate?....so they donated in the middle of the night.... right after the cut off time.....now you are just grabbin at straws...

I never said it wasn't for the cause....

I was answering the original question in this thread.

I was logically explaining why there was such a large donation for today...good lord.

What exactly is you problem kid??

xao
12-17-2007, 06:54 AM
Well he has a point. But we broke kerry's record I think. We'll find out when ron speaks today.

Paulitical Correctness
12-17-2007, 06:58 AM
I shouldn't feed trolls.

xexkxex
12-17-2007, 06:59 AM
Well he has a point. But we broke kerry's record I think. We'll find out when ron speaks today.

Exactly.....fact is, whether some missed the time or what ever...

....we still brought in a load that probably broke the records.

It was a good day. :)

xexkxex
12-17-2007, 07:05 AM
I just don't see how it's beneficial to call people that didn't quite make the cut off "screw ups".

And what is my problem? It was my assumption that we were having some sort of "feud", after observing your responses in my other thread as well as your sarcasm in this one. IE - "You would think that."

Again, don't patronize me. Age doesn't mean anything to me, but you come across as being very immature - even if you're displaying it in a subtle manner.

Anywho, speaking of things not beneficial...If you want to exchange e-insults, please PM me. This is ignorant.

Woah woah woah....man

I didn't mean "You would think that" to you as a personal attack buddy...It is used a general term as in "One would think that given the evidence..but"

How can you see tone of voice in a text message???? are you serious???

Please..calm down....no need to jump thread and get all sarcastic .

...and I never said anyone were "screw ups"...I have no idea where you go that from....go check it.

I'm immature...buddy...you saw "tone of voice" in text..in another thread and came over here to try to get me...lol....c'mon.

Calm down....no one is going to go pm'ing insults...the ignore feature would just be used an it would be no fun.

Lets just leave this be ......next time you feel that you read something that insults you...just PM the person and talk about it...don't jump threads and subtly attack them and push them....

If you are cool...just leave it alone...if not....whatever dude..

PS - I found the "Screw up" thing you mentioned.... you said it....;)

Some people.

Paulitical Correctness
12-17-2007, 07:14 AM
I shouldn't feed trolls.

xexkxex
12-17-2007, 07:16 AM
The last thing I want to do is argue with a fellow RP supporter. I just automatically assumed that since you were editing your posts to include negative remarks you were trying to start crap with me - in two distinctly different threads.

If I'm mistaken, hopefully you can at least see where the mistake was made.

Whatever though, if nothing else...I can agree with your sentiment that yesterday was a good day. :)

...editing my posts for spelling and addition of facts...every post I make is edited. :) But I like the last effort you made to accuse me of something....last little jab...nice. Not too classy...but still nice.

I'm not out to get you.... never was.;) I was answering someone else's question. Period.

Remember, the tone of voice a person has on the net is only the one you give them.

That was the mistake in my humble opinion...but would probably disagree. Thus, the beauty of opinions.

Just pretend everyone talks like Elmo....it gets me through the tough threads ;)

NerveShocker
12-17-2007, 07:28 AM
Well the website crashed at about 11:20 Eastern last night due to an amazing amount of late donors. There were more people donating per minute in the last hour than anytime earlier. Many I believe were unable to donate at all yesterday because of the crash and went to sleep (Most work tomorrow) and plan to donate it today. While I think it was foolish that they waited until then, I know many didn't understand that waiting tell the last minute would most likely just cause problems which it of course did (overloaded the website). Those who did wait though and couldn't donate should definitely do so today. It's better now than never.

westmich4paul
12-17-2007, 07:32 AM
This has got to be the most worthless thread posted so far. Why does it matter? A donation is a donation is a donation is a donation. For Christ's sake! Get a life!

xexkxex
12-17-2007, 07:32 AM
Well the website crashed at about 11:20 Eastern last night due to an amazing amount of late donors. There were more people donating per minute in the last hour than anytime earlier. Many I believe were unable to donate at all yesterday because of the crash and went to sleep (Most work tomorrow) and plan to donate it today. While I think it was foolish that they waited until then, I know many didn't understand that waiting tell the last minute would most likely just cause problems which it of course did (overloaded the website). Those who did wait though and couldn't donate should definitely do so today. It's better now than never.

True...there were many reasons. I only listed one.

I only gave that reason because it was the biggest issue/problem that happened on Nov 15th. ...well at least there were a lot of posts about it happening.

No worries. Soon the good doctor will be on a full hour on Beck and a full hour next Sunday on Meet The Press and hopefully the media will turn our way a little bit.

Air is smelling good fellas....real good :D

This has got to be the most worthless thread posted so far. Why does it matter? A donation is a donation is a donation is a donation. For Christ's sake! Get a life!

A fellow supporter had a question and a few tried to answer it....that's all.

If it is that worthless ...then why ad more negativity to it? That makes no sense at all.

I hope your next thread is better. ;)

On that beautiful note.....let us let this "worthless" thread die.

traitorist
12-17-2007, 08:16 AM
did they wait to long to donate? what kind of ridiculous question is that?

175K raised today and all the OP asks is did they wait too long???

what the frack?

im with westmich4paul on this one.

Jagwarr
12-17-2007, 08:21 AM
I gave my first donation to RP on November 6th, not because I missed the 5th but because I first really learned about his postions after hearing about the Nov. 5th moneybomb. I'd imagne some of today's totals will be the same.

ARealConservative
12-17-2007, 08:27 AM
waaaa, some people didn't donate when we told them to donate. waaaaaa.

housingpanic
12-17-2007, 08:56 AM
Most of my readers are off on Sunday so I'm telling them today to go donate (assuming they missed yesterday's Money Bomb)

It would be great if more people instead of congratulating themselves were out promoting more donations today. Sunday was a lousy day for a Money Bomb - people read the blogs at work on Monday!

$1 million today. A "Day After" Money Bomb

http://housingpanic.blogspot.com

Cheers

Keith

troyd1
12-17-2007, 08:59 AM
Unlike us chronic RP supporters, some people don't live and die RP. I am sure many were out of town and did not get their email to donate until later or today. Some may not have internet at home. I think we should have had the rallies yesterday and the donations today. We would have had much more. Not complaining on the total though. I was surprised with all the people donating large amounts that the total was not larger. I thought we would make 8 mill easy

bulloncoins
12-17-2007, 09:04 AM
Everything Ron Paul (site wise)........ is moving so slooow.

I have highspeed internet cable and it is still slooow.

So many people at one time. Took a lot of time to process the money coming in so fast.

Its all good!

housingpanic
12-17-2007, 09:10 AM
I haven't been able to get to ronpaul2008.com since early Sunday - home page down for me (from England)

I could get to the donate page but not the home page and ticker

Still can't.

Probably cost him hundreds of thousands in donations and still not resolved

Mani
12-17-2007, 09:14 AM
There's a spill over effect.

Some people are inspired by the dec 16th news and decide to donate when they didn't plan on donating.

Rob
12-17-2007, 11:41 AM
did they wait to long to donate? what kind of ridiculous question is that?

175K raised today and all the OP asks is did they wait too long???

what the frack?

im with westmich4paul on this one.

Ok toaster, let's think about it logically here.

First of all, I never insulted anyone for not donating on the 16th, nor do I think anyone else in this thread did.

I was simply wondering weather the large donation total before early morning EST, meant that people who intended to donate on the 16th failed to do so.

Of course all donations are good, (well except for ones from certain people, maybe), but most of the reason for donating on a single day is to get an impressive number that the media will throw around. Some of the media believed that Hillary has the record with 6.2 M. The number the campaign has been using is 6.04 something M I believe. IF those people had donated their 157K on the 16th, we would be the undisputed single day donation leaders. Therefore, it's a real and relevant concern. However, the campaign may issue another, larger number once it does the final tally, so it could all be a moot point.

People have been really keen on attacking people around here lately, what gives? By any measure we had a great day yesterday, as I noted in my original post.

Zero Ice
12-17-2007, 11:49 AM
Maybe they didn't have money yesterday, but now they do.

For example, they receive their pay check on Saturday morning, deposited it into their checking account, and it doesn't clear until Monday.. This is what happened to me yesterday, I managed to donate $5.00. I am gonna donate my final Q4 donation on the New Year's eve money bomb.

Rob
12-17-2007, 11:52 AM
Maybe they didn't have money yesterday, but now they do.

For example, they receive their pay check on Saturday morning, deposited it into their checking account, and it doesn't clear until Monday.. This is what happened to me yesterday, I managed to donate $5.00. I am gonna donate my final Q4 donation on the New Year's eve money bomb.

That would make sense, HOWEVER, I specifically mentioned the time, which would tend to refute your point. I noticed the large total early in morning Today (Monday). I doubt many people got up at 7 AM Monday (or 4 AM PST) to all run to their computers to donate to Ron Paul the day AFTER the big money bomb. Anything is possible though.

Zero Ice
12-17-2007, 01:13 PM
Yeah, its my fault for waiting to the last second to get the money donate... I should of collectively saved for the bomb... My bad for that one guys. :-(

But hey, I'm only 16, so it doesn't feel that bad.

hellah10
12-17-2007, 01:37 PM
1,742 new donors today :)

snaFU
12-17-2007, 01:43 PM
Cmon people money is money. The importance is that dollar per dollar will be used to promote the cause of freedom. Bickering about money being given to a worthy cause late should be an irrelevant discussion.

QuesoPantera
12-17-2007, 01:55 PM
We got our record.

We've branded the "6 million dollar man"

mission accomplished (sans flight suit), dude, the rest is icing on the cake

Cigaboo
12-17-2007, 01:56 PM
I was kind of irritated too. But it's time to get over it.

dsentell
12-17-2007, 02:00 PM
There were many large tea parties across the country (and world for that matter) yesterday. We can hope that some of these activities brought us some new supporters who have decided to contribute today!

Visual
12-17-2007, 02:44 PM
Freakin west coast people...

It dosen't matter too much, but it changes our standing on rankings based on amount in 24 hours...