PDA

View Full Version : HQ website: $5.4 for sunday

voytechs
12-17-2007, 06:09 AM
This is discouraging. Our own HeadQuarters are doing everything possible to screw this up.
Why haven't they updated the website. News sources are pulling this information and reporting it as $5mil.

Man....I'm pissed.

We are close to making history. In November, we mentioned that the all-time, single-day primary fundraising record is John Kerry’s $5.7 million in 2004. At this hour, Ron Paul stands at $5.4 million.

Won't you help Ron Paul make history?

If you are considering donating, please help us by making your donation before midnight EST tonight. And if you have donated already, won't you help us by contributing again? https://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate

By the way, we are closing in on 25,000 first-time donors today. That’s unbelievable! Help us hit this mark too by telling your friends about this historic day!

Jonathan Bydlak
Fundraising Director
Ron Paul 2008

RPFTW!
12-17-2007, 06:10 AM
No kidding!!!!! I have been a huge supporter of the campaign in the past but CMON!!!

Nihilist23
12-17-2007, 06:11 AM
You're right...I jumped on MSNBC for misreporting it, then I realized they would have no way of knowing the real number.

HQ screws up once again.

teasea
12-17-2007, 06:12 AM
#@&&*%*%

GHoeberX
12-17-2007, 06:16 AM
This is discouraging. Our own HeadQuarters are doing everything possible to screw this up.
Why haven't they updated the website. News sources are pulling this information and reporting it as $5mil.

Man....I'm pissed.

THAT IS A NEWS ITEM OF 16 DECEMBER 9 PM

During the night, the campaign made a press announcement in which it stated they raised 6.32 MILLION. They had reached 5.9 Million online and $400.000+ offline donations.

So, it's even more than the false record of Hillary Clinton!

pickfair
12-17-2007, 06:17 AM

During the night, the campaign made a press announcement in which it stated they raised 6.32 MILLION. They had reached 5.9 Million online and $400.000+ offline donations.

Where's the link to the official press announcement?

Rob
12-17-2007, 06:17 AM
I got that email a little after 10 PM EST yesterday, that's not the one reporting the total, it was SUPPOSED to be meant to get you to donate more on Sunday. NICE JOB HQ if it sent it to you AFTER Sunday.

GHoeberX
12-17-2007, 06:19 AM
Where's the link to the official press announcement?

I didn't use official btw; but if you insist, I guess a press announcement is 'official' then.
http://www.nolanchart.com/article565.html
(They put it on press agencies; that's how newsreporting system works; either you write it on your own website or else you make a press announcement to a press agency; just check the various sources coming in now with the 6.3 million number)

The number of the internet donations: 5.92 Million Dollar
Estimated number of offline donations: 400.000 Dollar

TVMH
12-17-2007, 06:19 AM
Settle down guys...I got that e-mail at like 11:00 last night.

Can yall not let them catch their breaths?

Let's celebrate the victory first before we start beating each other up again. :rolleyes:

voytechs
12-17-2007, 06:21 AM

At least they did something. But why isn't that on the front page where all the early news sources are pulling their info from?

austin356
12-17-2007, 06:22 AM
The campaign screws themselves up their own asses all day everyday.

Sorry but the truth hurts. Hurts everyone including myself.

pickfair
12-17-2007, 06:24 AM
It's just like them (MSM) not to mention the 6 million. Even AP reported "over 6 million", although it didn't give the exact figures.

jt_54321
12-17-2007, 06:27 AM
Anyone here know Jonathan Bydlak at a personal level? Can they talk to him directly and let him know our concerns?...

Is Jonathan Bydlak worried about we getting more attention??

Sorry, but i had to express my thoughts...

user
12-17-2007, 06:34 AM
At this point, why isn't $6 million plastered all over the front page of ronpaul2008.com??

walt
12-17-2007, 07:09 AM
uhm hello - earth to clueless ones - only give to chip ins from this point onward

maeqFREEDOMfree
12-17-2007, 07:11 AM
carrier people are not grass roots... don't be discouraged :-)

voytechs
12-17-2007, 07:13 AM
uhm hello - earth to clueless ones - only give to chip ins from this point onward

What are you talking about? This isn't about what they put on their front page, its about how they spend it. 30min infomercials, local ads in early states and major national ads sound good to me.

Yes, I'm pissed to that they haven't updated their site for early morning news sources, but lets not go overboard here.

TVMH
12-17-2007, 07:16 AM
What are you talking about? This isn't about what they put on their front page, its about how they spend it. 30min infomercials, local ads in early states and major national ads sound good to me.

Yes, I'm pissed to that they haven't updated their site for early morning news sources, but lets not go overboard here.

I'm guessing they're all very tired and exhilarated at the same time.

Cut 'em some slack.

We just raised over $6 MILLION IN ONE DAY!!!!

Ethek
12-17-2007, 07:17 AM
HQ sent the email out late last night to help spur an increase in donations. We had been averaging about 3.5~k per minute in fundraising. After the email it was a solid 5.5k and 7.5k in the final hour. I'm not sure we would have made that nice round 6 million number without it. They know what they are doing and have made an official press release with 6.023 million as the number and an official press conference today.

davidhperry
12-17-2007, 07:18 AM

Agreed. If people don't like how HQ is doing things then they should move to Virginia and get involved themselves.

voytechs
12-17-2007, 07:19 AM
I'm guessing they're all very tired and exhilarated at the same time.

Cut 'em some slack.

We just raised over $6 MILLION IN ONE DAY!!!!

The guy is suggesting we stop donating to the campaign. If you agree with that then this campaign is over with. I have to be more careful when starting these type of threads.

cien750hp
12-17-2007, 07:21 AM
maybe they are verifying totals as to not give out false information to get the campaign smeared by the media? come on guys.

voytechs
12-17-2007, 07:23 AM
maybe they are verifying totals as to not give out false information to get the campaign smeared by the media? come on guys.

Good point!

jenninlouisiana
12-17-2007, 07:24 AM
You have to click on "press releases"

saahmed
12-17-2007, 07:56 AM
They sent out a press release after midnight. You guys need to calm down.

TruckinMike
12-17-2007, 08:05 AM
"cut'em some slack..."
"move to VA ..."

excuse after excuse. The Do NOT get a pass this time!
This is THE day. They should have a preliminary number PLASTERED BIG and BOLD on the site. The reason for the money bomb is to illicit media attention. --- (free advertising remember?) When you place uninspiring (less than record breaking in the eyes of the media) numbers on your own website --- how do you expect to garner the media's attention? WAKE UP!

TruckinMike

allyinoh
12-17-2007, 08:06 AM
There's no way it was only 5 million. I went to bed at 11 pm ET and it was almost 5 million...

Proemio
12-17-2007, 09:54 AM
"cut'em some slack..."
"move to VA ..."

excuse after excuse. The Do NOT get a pass this time!
This is THE day. They should have a preliminary number PLASTERED BIG and BOLD on the site. The reason for the money bomb is to illicit media attention. --- (free advertising remember?) When you place uninspiring (less than record breaking in the eyes of the media) numbers on your own website --- how do you expect to garner the media's attention? WAKE UP!

TruckinMike

Right on.

This is part of what I just wrote somewhere else, where it will get the right attention (at least it did before):
"Incompetence?
Hardly... Incompetence is what scum-bucket politicians regularly and gladly plead when their sellouts are revealed. Incompetence has become the favorite excuse for skullduggery, ever since holding anyone but regular people accountable has become 'insensitive' or worse."

This is a political campaign. 36 hour stretches in crucial moments are the norm, not the exception. I've done crazier stunts for a lot less at stake. You don't punch a card at 5 sharp and go home. Besides, how 'hard' is it to watch donations coming in?

It's totally unacceptable. Even if one wants to believe in Santa Claus, this is yet another punch in the face of all those tireless people working their hearts out in howling winds and feet of snow. Not to mention the 50,000+ donors.

As I mentioned before, Ron Paul and theCampaign are not the same thing. Just like we have to cover his back by paying attention when he is president, so do we have to cover his back now - it's called being a responsible citizen. This crap is not going to derail the election victory in the end, but it's certainly not needed...

unklejman
12-17-2007, 10:00 AM
Front page is updated.

Ron Paul Raises $6 Million in One Day (12/17/07)

Candidate has most successful fundraising day in American political history

ARLINGTON, VIRGINIA -- Texas Congressman Ron Paul’s presidential campaign had a record fundraising day yesterday.

In a 24-hour period on December 16, the campaign raised $6 million dollars, surpassing the one-day record of $5.7 million held by John Kerry.

During the day, over 58,000 people contributed to Dr. Paul’s campaign, including 24,940 first-time donors. Over 118,000 Americans have donated to the campaign in the fourth quarter.

The $6 million one day total means the campaign has raised over $18 million this quarter, far exceeding its initial fourth quarter goal of $12 million.

"The outpouring of support shows what a powerful message freedom is," said campaign chairman Kent Snyder. "Americans are tired of the same old Washington, and they are rallying around Dr. Paul’s message of freedom, peace and prosperity."

Congressman Paul will be campaigning in Iowa today and will be holding a press conference at 12:45 pm at the Des Moines Marriott in the Des Moines Room. Members of the press are strongly encouraged to attend.