PDA

View Full Version : Anyone thought about holding a Ron Paul day?

d'anconia
07-06-2007, 12:54 AM
Seriously. All those willing to participate could meet on a specific date to march in Washington DC or something like that. Give it a few month's time and it would give people enough time to clear their schedule for that day and save money to buy the plane ticket cheap while it's still early. Plus it'd also give people time to spread the word.

What do you guys think?

Joe Knows
07-06-2007, 01:00 AM
Seriously. All those willing to participate could meet on a specific date to march in Washington DC or something like that. Give it a few month's time and it would give people enough time to clear their schedule for that day and save money to buy the plane ticket cheap while it's still early. Plus it'd also give people time to spread the word.

What do you guys think?

The Wash D C Jan 20, 2009 Inaugural Ron Paul Meetup has been scheduled. Please RSVP and bring 10 friends. :)

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/379/?gj=sj6

njandrewg
07-06-2007, 01:11 AM
i'm sure the $200 you'd spend on a plane ticket, would better serve as a donation to Ron Paul

Bluedevil
07-06-2007, 01:20 AM
I like the idea a lot, there are plenty of people in the area who would come and wouldnt need to buy plane tickets. I think a big speech in front of the Jefferson Memorial would be perfect. Maybe in September?

d'anconia
07-06-2007, 01:30 AM
^ Personally I think September would be too early. Late September at the earliest but then again we have to try to balance being able to plan ahead with getting the word out quickly so those people can then pass it on, etc.

i'm sure the $200 you'd spend on a plane ticket, would better serve as a donation to Ron Paul

Well that's the big calculation, isn't it? If we had a very strong showing then who knows, maybe other politicians would see it and be impressed and think twice about being the cowards they are.