PDA

View Full Version : How about a GET YOUR ASS REGISTERED TO VOTE BOMB

free.alive
12-17-2007, 04:55 AM
Seriously, there's a bad bit of news floating around. If WA is any indicator, 1/4 - 1/3 of you may be unregistered. If you DON'T register to vote, you CAN'T vote for Ron Paul.

Check your registration. Check it twice. This is so easy to fix...

For more ideas:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=60627

tsetsefly
12-17-2007, 05:03 AM
someone shoudl set up a website registerforpaul.com ... to get people to register republican!!

free.alive
12-17-2007, 05:32 AM
Tsetse -

Best idea i've heard yet

everyone please bump until someone with webs skills, time and initiative sees this!

tsetsefly
12-17-2007, 05:37 AM
I dont have the money or web skills to develop it, sorry, lol...
out of curiosity what would be a good host for the site and what is a good place to register a website?

tsetsefly
12-17-2007, 05:54 AM
I could register the domain name on godaddy for 10 bucks but then I would need to know where to host it and who can support it because I have no skills at web development...

Yaron Nahari
12-17-2007, 05:58 AM
My God! This is, bare none, the single most important idea that has been published on this forum. It is critical that this be done- both so that people are registered to vote and because it will be even better publicity then a money bomb.

If you read this thread, type in your support and ideas.

MicroBalrog
12-17-2007, 06:18 AM
So wait, I thought there were huge efforts to get people registered to vote all over, and it was mentioned on all the activist sites, etc.

HOW THE HELL ARE A THIRD OF THE PEOPLE NOT REGISTERED?

People, many of your states let you register online, DO THAT if you can.

pickfair
12-17-2007, 06:20 AM
It'd be tragic if people miss the deadlines. Registering is very simple! Any tech savvy people out there who can whip up this website?

Paulinista4TW
12-17-2007, 06:23 AM
Were all thinking this. We are one. If we don't make a push to get all those youthful supporters of Ron registered it's just not going to happen. I've been telling myself I'm going to register but for one reason or another I have put it off.

Somebody already suggested Groundhog's day as a great day to get people out of their holes and doing something and also the other great day is Jan 2 as part of your New years resolution . We need to make a big deal about getting registered so people actually do it. New years resolution and Groundhogs Day fit perfect.

Keep pushing this Idea until somebody who knows ho to make databases can help us out. We can track how many are newly registered in each state and make a big deal about it.

defcreative
12-17-2007, 06:35 AM
Any tech savvy people out there who can whip up this website?

I'm extremely busy right now and I may be taking on a very important huge grassroots organization architecture project as well. I will admit a site like what you're describing should be very easy.

What kind of time frame are we talking here?

RP4U&ME
12-17-2007, 06:44 AM
bump.

tsetsefly
12-17-2007, 06:45 AM
i woudl be willing to register the domain name and maybe the host I just need a good hosting service to do this... or a godd domain name registration service that is flexible in allowing me to host in other sites...

Paulinista4TW
12-17-2007, 06:46 AM
I just checked Primarily Paul and if we have our voter registration drive through the week of Jan 2-5 we will be in time for most states registration cutoff except Iowa which is January 3.

But it's easy to tie in the whole effort to New Years resolution since for some of us this will be out first time voting for anyone. Once the site is built then it's up to the grassroots to spread the word around about registering.

Have people pledge to register at the very lates by the end of the week of jan2-5 and then tally up the registrations by state. Also a widget that shows the last ten registered voters per state would probably be popular.

pickfair
12-17-2007, 06:47 AM
Have people pledge to register at the very lates by the end of the week of jan2-5 and then tally up the registrations by state. Also a widget that shows the last ten registered voters per state would probably be popular.

Great idea. This is the best & most important idea we've had yet. Let's make this happen.

Paulinista4TW
12-17-2007, 06:48 AM
People will get excited about seeing the new registrations and hopefully the pile on effect will drive more registrations.

tsetsefly
12-17-2007, 06:54 AM
hey what webhosting site would be best for this type of site?

http://webhostinggeeks.com/?PHPSESSID=2614c60e48388951c46cafd509a86bcb

MicroBalrog
12-17-2007, 06:59 AM
There is ALREADY a site that lists the primary deadlines with all the states AND links to online registration procedures.

http://www.primarilypaul.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/i-want-you-for-the-gop.jpg (http://www.primarilypaul.com/ron-paul-in-the-primaries/)

tsetsefly
12-17-2007, 07:04 AM
oh well, that shows us how well publicized its been lol, email them to pick up registerforpaul.com

Paulinista4TW
12-17-2007, 07:11 AM
Looking at the site again I say we need to have on online registration drive as an organized happening. There's not even a sub-forum in grassroots projects dedicated to this cause. It's one of the most important things we can stress at the grassroots level. And I also see that some of those deadline are looming either today or very very soon or have already passed. BTW I checked my Missouri deadline quite a while back which is why I am comfortably cruising unregistered.

tsetsefly
12-17-2007, 07:14 AM
Looking at the site again I say we need to have on online registration drive as an organized happening. There's not even a sub-forum in grassroots projects dedicated to this cause. It's one of the most important things we can stress at the grassroots level. And I also see that some of those deadline are looming either today or very very soon or have already passed. BTW I checked my Missouri deadline quite a while back which is why I am comfortably cruising unregistered.

agree that site needs an overhaul or someone design a new one.. like I said id be willing to register the site/host(it wasnt as expensive as I thought) but someone needs to run the thing because I have no skills...

RonPaulFTFW
12-17-2007, 07:17 AM
this is very important.

if you can click and donate you can click and check your status.

please do or we're wasting our time.

jmag
12-17-2007, 07:22 AM
bump - become a delegate - bump - read my sig - bump - become a delegate

pickfair
12-17-2007, 07:30 AM
Bump. Anyone?

Paulinista4TW
12-17-2007, 07:30 AM
I just checked the whois information for teapart07 which is registered to Nathaniel Yao right here on RonPAul Forums. It says that teapart07 was registered with Yahoo so I would say get the domain registered with yahoo since it's less then ten bucks?

Every political campaign that I've ever heard of has an offline voter registration drive and we are really the first online campaign of any note so either we should contact the main campaign and ask why aren't they doing this online registration drive or we should go ahead and do it ourselves.

burningfur
12-17-2007, 07:49 AM

+9000

BUMP!!!

NocturnalC
12-17-2007, 07:53 AM
I know this is a very important issue, but can we just cut down on the swearing on thread titles? Especially in caps and with these >>>!!!!!!

We get tons of visitors on our site that we don't know and this stands out like a sore thumb.

campaignjunkie
12-17-2007, 08:03 AM
Bump

burningfur
12-17-2007, 08:07 AM
I know this is a very important issue, but can we just cut down on the swearing on thread titles? Especially in caps and with these >>>!!!!!!

We get tons of visitors on our site that we don't know and this stands out like a sore thumb.

+1

Don't need the swearing, there are gonna be lots of new people and guests.

Liberty Star
12-17-2007, 08:26 AM
:)

Registration should be main focus now.

pickfair
12-19-2007, 01:06 AM
bump

shagywashere
12-19-2007, 01:40 AM
Wow, I love how I make this topic earlier today, everyone hated the idea and more concerned about money. But now you make it and everyone loves it? WTF?

picoligance
12-19-2007, 02:38 AM
I can register/host/design the site. Someone make a list of what I need for the site and I'll design it asap (after my last final exam tomorrow morning). You guys can provide feedback as we go as to how to improve it. I'm not the best designer, but I can code the thing pretty easily.

Rhodes
12-19-2007, 02:44 AM
I can register/host/design the site. Someone make a list of what I need for the site and I'll design it asap (after my last final exam tomorrow morning). You guys can provide feedback as we go as to how to improve it. I'm not the best designer, but I can code the thing pretty easily.

Do you have aim/msn? I would be happy to register the website and host it for free on my dedicated server.

picoligance
12-19-2007, 03:00 AM
Do you have aim/msn? I would be happy to register the website and host it for free on my dedicated server.

I have a 1and1 shared hosting server with 3TB of bandwidth and a free domain I haven't registered yet. Either way would work I guess. I have aim (dczraptor), but I won't be available to talk until tomorrow afternoon or so since I have a final exam.

iloveronpaul
12-19-2007, 03:05 AM
bump

Rhodes
12-19-2007, 03:12 AM
Everybody, we need help picking a domain name! Me and picoligance are going to set it up.

See this thread:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=60036

Or feel free to suggest names here.

I have thought of RonPaulRegister.com RegisterRonPaul.com RegisterBomb.com and then, RegisterForPaul.com (doesn't should very spiffy).

microsect
12-19-2007, 03:13 AM
Please go here if you have not register:

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/states/

we need to make a site for this ASAP!

Rhodes
12-19-2007, 03:14 AM
Please go here if you have not register:

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/states/

we need to make a site for this ASAP!

Please see my past post, thanks.

AbuHatem
12-19-2007, 04:09 AM
It is a good idea.

What we do is give a link to every single state's register to vote Republican area. We also give a link to the open primaries where people can register independent.

Then we have a "registration bomb," on the internet and try to get 500,000 people registered in one day.

We also have to get a TON of people to try to be delegates.

free.alive
12-19-2007, 05:59 AM
Ok, ok,

I was just trying to be silly, but I guess it was unnecessary to swear in the title. However, every time I try to change titles it doesn't work for some reason.

InfantryNCO
12-19-2007, 10:48 AM
How about in addition to the links to each State's voting registration sites we also link to each State's delegation application process/requirements?

Lots of Ron Paul imagery.

Basic info on RP's stance on the major issues.

Things of that nature.

InfantryNCO
12-19-2007, 10:50 AM
Might also consider making this a sticky...

Rhodes
12-19-2007, 02:27 PM
free.alive,

Would you mind linking to my project help wanted thread in your original post?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=60036

microsect
12-19-2007, 05:48 PM
or

signup4ron.com

signup4paul.com

Rhodes
12-19-2007, 06:34 PM
The project has started, we need help!

See my thread here:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=60627

free.alive