PDA

View Full Version : So what is the record?

manny
12-17-2007, 04:45 AM
Guys I'm a bit confused by all the differing opinions on what the record is for one day donations?

From what I understand RP now has all the one-day republican records. Guess this is the one that reall matters for now.

I think Kerry got $5.7m on the day of his nomination. We beat that.

The controversial one seems to be Hitlery - nearly everyone is in agreement she lied (surprise, surprise) about getting $6m+ in a day. Anyone got any links on this. I want to know if we actually set the all time/ all party one day record?:confused:

Either way it was a great haul - imagine how many ads that buys! But we will have to watch the media if they try to play down what was achieved yesterday.

ronpaulfollower999
12-17-2007, 05:02 AM
I think we raised slightly over 6 million.

Nihilist23
12-17-2007, 05:03 AM
The campaign has previously debunked the Hillary "record". They will do so again, and I am confident Ron Paul will do the same if it is brought up in an interview.

If the old media recites it is fact, let them know they are wrong.

tsetsefly
12-17-2007, 05:08 AM
we have the record for one day donations for a presidential candidate, period, dem or rep...

although not sure if this is just primaries or in general as well...

manny
12-17-2007, 05:11 AM
I've just been to the main site and there is no word about Clinton, just Kerry's 5.7 .... so I think that must mean RP broke the all-time one-day record for any party!

If there are any articles today which try to downplay it or say it's just the republican record we should email them to make them change. On nov 5, Mitt's lies never got anywhere, we shouldn't let Hillary's this time.

I remember last time they held a special little press conference to talk about nov5 ... does anyone know if they will this time? Will be interesting to hear the campaign's take on it.

jmn
12-17-2007, 05:20 AM
here is the video where RP campaign explains the different numbers on that, fast forward to 03:13 for part about Hillary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYk8UFSBPew

xexkxex
12-17-2007, 05:23 AM
The campaign is working on a press confrence to announce the official numbers.

...just sit back and chill....there is no rush ;) They are comin'

JohnCrabtree
12-17-2007, 06:30 AM
At 11:54 EST. the widget froze on me at $7,980,000. At the rate they were coming in we had to have broken $8 million before midnight, so thats just shy of $6.5 million, who knows with the last hour phone donations as well it could have topped $6.5.

brianbb98
12-17-2007, 06:33 AM
At 11:54 EST. the widget froze on me at $7,980,000. At the rate they were coming in we had to have broken $8 million before midnight, so thats just shy of $6.5 million, who knows with the last hour phone donations as well it could have topped $6.5.

you forgot the 1 :)

pickfair
12-17-2007, 06:34 AM
Thing is, no one knows for sure at this point. Maybe they're holding back to blow us away at the press conference. I can't wait 'til the official amount is released!