PDA

View Full Version : I am a bit concerned about the future

shoms_w
12-17-2007, 03:54 AM
Plan of action. So today we raised money. Lots of it. But we need to use it effectively. I am a loyal supporter, and I really want to make everyone notice us. My thoughts below:

a. The IOWA infomercial is average. Could we have one of our video experts give it a more refined touch? Elib3rty?

b. National Advertisements. The reason OM is not talking about us is: we are not spending $ on their channels. We need to advertise on the channels, they will have to discuss us. I know there was some talk about doing it if we raised 10M. We should do it irrespective.

c. People stealing our platforms. Huckabee etc have been conveniently borrowing Dr. Paul's views. We need to go on the offensive. Make some videos showing the flip floping and air them independent of the campaign. Something along the lines of operationNH. The offical campaign should not get their hands dirty doing this.

d. Dr. Paul needs to be a bit more clear about some of his views. i.e. his honesty is being mis-interpreted. For example, I just saw a video about his view on evolution, and I understood what he meant, but someone else could easily mis-construe it the way they want. What he said: Evolution is a theory. What he meant: Evolution is a valid theory but we are cannot prove with 100% certainty how it began. How people understood it: I do not believe in evolution. In this age of sound-bites, every word counts.

e. We need to go on the offensive. We have raised money. We need to rub that into the faces of every person who asks the 3rd party question. Ans should be: I have raised 18M, please ask Huckabee/Mcain etc why they are still running. Also, I hate it when he lets people talk over him. Being polite is good, but he should nicely tell the person he wants to finish his thought and then he will answer their question. Hannity etc need to be put in their place.

I hope we can add to this list, and maybe get the offical campaign involved. We obviously have the talent/resources/people to make a difference, and I would hate to see us miss opportunities.

tsetsefly
12-17-2007, 03:55 AM
I think you have a good point with C especially...

theantirobot
12-17-2007, 04:32 AM
I too am a bit disappointed by the Iowa infomercial. It just doesn't seem representative of our revolution. They open up talking about abortion, which in my opinion is the biggest non-issue. However, I will take that disappointment and use it to encourage people to make and air their own infomercial.

JosephTheLibertarian
12-17-2007, 04:50 AM
I too am a bit disappointed by the Iowa infomercial. It just doesn't seem representative of our revolution. They open up talking about abortion, which in my opinion is the biggest non-issue. However, I will take that disappointment and use it to encourage people to make and air their own infomercial.

They're trying to combat the "Ron Paul is a liberal" propaganda. I admit, it's not the best of ads, but it does make a connection with the base of the GOP, in Iowa anyway.

burningfur
12-17-2007, 05:06 AM
Excellent ideas.

I think you'll notice that the radio and tv ads have gotten consistently better though.

I'm really hoping that Eliberty will be making over the Iowa infomercial and I'm hoping that they'll still do a national commercial, hopefully if we pull in 20 million at the end of the quarter we can flex the ad muscles.

Point C is huge.

The very good thing is that the polls are starting to even out a bit more with Romney and Thompson climbing. With four/five top neocons to vote for, the traditional GOP vote will be broken 4/5 ways and we'll be able to win IOWA and NH.

eric_cartman
12-17-2007, 05:23 AM
ya, you made some good points.

however, with the infomercial... i wasn't a big fan of it personally. but a video that i would like is very different from a video that someone from Iowa might like. i'm canadian, so i don't really know all the differences between states... but i know that some people in America have really crazy views on things. so i donno... maybe to people in Iowa, this stuff is important. i would hope that someone on the campaign was smart enough to know what issues to talk about to voters in Iowa.

i've said this before, but what i love about ron paul, is that once a person becomes a ron paul supporter, they don't normally change their mind. obviously issues like abortion are very much split issues... but a ron paul supporter isn't going to turn around all of a sudden and vote for Hillary when she hears what he thinks about abortion.

and with the abortion issue, i don't think ron paul's either pro-life or pro choice. i always used to consider myself pro-choice... but after hearing ron paul's take... i think 2nd and 3rd trimester abortions should be illegal. tax payers shouldn't fund abortions. the morning after pill needs to be more widely available as well as all forms of birth control. so i think if pro-choice people really sit down and listen to the message, they may not agree 100%, but it's not going to turn them off. on the other hand, i'm sure some of these pro-life people feel very strongly about this, and all you have to do is say "i'm pro-life" and you're in their good books.

so ya, if this infomercial was being seen by the whole country, i would have major problems with it... but it's only being directed at one state... and i can only assume that someone on the campaign was smart enough to know what issues poll well in that state and what would be most effective topics to talk about in order to sway iowa voters.

fireworks_god
12-17-2007, 05:25 AM
The infomercial is for Iowa, that is pretty much the best way to portray Ron Paul to Iowa. I was raised in Iowa, and it felt like I was at my grandparent's house, on the farm, watching it on the television, picking up its signal from the antennae. :D