PDA

View Full Version : Will Ron Paul announce Q2 Donations on This Week with GS?

buffalokid777
07-06-2007, 12:12 AM
With the sunday apperance confirmed on This week with George Stephanopoulos

Do you think the the Ron Paul campaign is waiting to announce Q2 figures for donations on the show?

It would be a great platform to announce Q2 donations if they are above expectations!

I think we might be pleasantly surprised.

Makes sense he would announce them on a national news program like this if they were above expectations....

austin356
07-06-2007, 12:14 AM

Do you think the the Ron Paul campaign is waiting to announce Q2 figures for donations on the show?

It would be a great platform to announce Q2 donations if they are above expectations!

Makes sense he would announce them on a national news program like this if they were above expectations....

good good rumor!!!

I did not even think of it! It sounds very plausible

I say most likely if >$5,000,000

Joe Knows
07-06-2007, 12:24 AM

I think that would be great. That makes sense. If fundraising is above expectations this show would be a great place to announce. Think about it. They should highlight the number of individual donors. We will probably win. Then they need to highlight cash on hand. McCain is down to $2 mil. Romney has $12 mil. but you could spin it that he only has $3.4 mil, because he loaned his campaign $8.6 mil and chances are Romney will never spend his own money. You can also spin it that Romney is trying to buy himself into office. So Ron might actually be in second place in cash on hand. But I am like you, I can't think of a more opportune time to release the info.

Bradley in DC
07-06-2007, 12:34 AM
While I think it would be great, I seriously doubt that they'll have the final number by then, honestly.

Harry96
07-06-2007, 12:36 AM
They have to release the numbers about a week after that anyway, so that makes perfect sense -- especially if the number is good.

austin356
07-06-2007, 12:43 AM
While I think it would be great, I seriously doubt that they'll have the final number by then, honestly.

Why not? The other candidates announced theirs on Sunday and Monday, albeit they do have a larger staff..

njandrewg
07-06-2007, 12:48 AM
+ it would give him the additional exposure. i.e. say he made 10 mil, MSM might not even talk about it....but if he comes out on a national show like that, some other shows might pick up on it + they'll have a video footage to roll

buffalokid777
07-06-2007, 12:49 AM

Even if they don't have the final number in...they could benefit by saying something like we have 4 mil counted so far and a bunch more still to count....

That kind of news could be a HUGE shot in the arm for the campaign if announced sunday.

I know I'm speculating....but It would make sense!

Bradley in DC
07-06-2007, 12:56 AM
Why not? The other candidates announced theirs on Sunday and Monday, albeit they do have a larger staff..

You answered your own question!

buffalokid777
07-06-2007, 12:59 AM
You answered your own question!

Not really, the reason he has less staff is he is not an overspender!

Ron Paul is fiscally responsible and I truly believe he knows how to get the most bang for his buck.

I feel if Ron Paul had $5 Million in Donations....It would get as much mileage as $50 mil from Hillary, Obama, Giuliani, or Mitt just because he doesn't have to buy support!

Vali
07-06-2007, 01:05 AM
I have read earlier comments by campaign staff that they had collected nearly 5 million after the first debate, or by March. I am sure the numbers will be greater than that. If you subtract what Romney has given of his own funds to his campaign he has raised less than Ron Paul I conclude. I asked Lew Moore two weeks ago about the Q2 numbers, and commented that he may not have a total? They know. He gets a total every day he said. He said we will be very happy. So, we just have to wait and see.....it is hard, but be patient, they say it's a virtue. :o

Bradley in DC
07-06-2007, 01:16 AM
I have read earlier comments by campaign staff that they had collected nearly 5 million after the first debate, or by March. I am sure the numbers will be greater than that. If you subtract what Romney has given of his own funds to his campaign he has raised less than Ron Paul I conclude. I asked Lew Moore two weeks ago about the Q2 numbers, and commented that he may not have a total? They know. He gets a total every day he said. He said we will be very happy. So, we just have to wait and see.....it is hard, but be patient, they say it's a virtue. :o

I'm not sure what rumor you're starting, but the numbers THROUGH MARCH have already been reported: $638,389 not $5m. We will have the numbers when they release them. They will release them after THEY have them. Patience everyone--and no reason to stop donating!!

d'anconia
07-06-2007, 01:32 AM

I'd love to believe you but with only 1 post along with the "5 million after the first debate or by March"... they definitely didn't have that much by the 1st debate and the 1st debate was on May 3rd anyway so that has nothing to do with March.

Terribliz
07-06-2007, 01:35 AM
I'm not sure what rumor you're starting, but the numbers THROUGH MARCH have already been reported: $638,389 not $5m. We will have the numbers when they release them. They will release them after THEY have them. Patience everyone--and no reason to stop donating!!

Yeah, he didn't have too much until after the second debate.

foofighter20x
07-06-2007, 01:40 AM
Not to mention word leaked from the campaign around early June that they had $2.2M at that point in time

austin356
07-06-2007, 01:46 AM
What is crazy is that the campaign has been able to "keep the lid" on the actual numbers..... Everyone is trying to find out. Nobody seems to know (at least anyone willing to tell).

I think the staff size contributes to this. If a leak comes out, it can be traced to a small number of people.

Bakeat98.6°
07-06-2007, 01:50 AM
I make a decent living, but because of debt live check to check...

I am digging my way out and will be free of it in less than a year, but I am also trying to marry the love of my life and that involves buying a house (BIGGEST DEBT EVAR) and raising a family... AKA DEBT!!!

I get paid tomorrow and will donate as much as I can to help meet the goal because I TRULY BELIEVE in what DR. Paul stands for and is doing!!

WTF else can I do??

foofighter20x
07-06-2007, 01:54 AM
It's for three reasons, likely the third:

1) It's really bad.
2) It's really good. Really good. Nachooooooo!
3) Dr Paul doesn't want to feed any speculation by accidentally having someone from the campaign saying one thing and then having it turn out to be false when the accounting is done.

foofighter20x
07-06-2007, 01:55 AM

I am digging my way out and will be free of it in less than a year, but I am also trying to marry the love of my life and that involves buying a house (BIGGEST DEBT EVAR) and raising a family... AKA DEBT!!!

I get paid tomorrow and will donate as much as I can to help meet the goal because I TRULY BELIEVE in what DR. Paul stands for and is doing!!

WTF else can I do??

Join your local meetup and volunteer with them.

ronpaul.meetup.com (http://ronpaul.meetup.com)

buffalokid777
07-06-2007, 01:56 AM

WTF else can I do??

Convince others to donate....it doesn't cost anything to try that!

d'anconia
07-06-2007, 05:37 AM
Yeah BuffaloKid and FooFighter got it right. Money donation is just one of several ways to help the campaign.

DjLoTi
07-06-2007, 05:39 AM
I doubt that even if they'd have the numbers by then, that Ron Paul himself would announce it. When it's announced, it will most likely be online, in a newsletter, on the campaign blog.

*edit*
Even if you just donate $1... that's ok too :) :D

walt
07-06-2007, 06:21 AM
who cares?

talking to voters is what matters.

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-06-2007, 06:34 AM
Not really, the reason he has less staff is he is not an overspender!

Staff? Who needs staff when you've got hordes of hardcore supporters like this. We ARE staff! (And we're cheap.)

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-06-2007, 06:38 AM
I can see reasons to wait on the announcement. One thought is, isn't Fred supposed to announce soon? You wouldn't want to announce the number, have it be news for thirty minutes and then have Fred's announcement totally eclipse that. I'm sure they have it planned for maximum exposure, provided it's good news.

beermotor
07-06-2007, 07:01 AM

WTF else can I do??

It's an investment, dude. Don't worry about your debt; inflation is going to become a serious problem (but would completely eliminate your debt, heh, so long as you held it relatively constant).

Look at it this way, dollar denominated assets are worthless anyway. Real estate isn't a bad purchase, and neither is investing in jewelry for your wife. Ditto contributing to Ron Paul's campaign ... it keeps the liberty message on the national stage!

beermotor
07-06-2007, 07:03 AM
Staff? Who needs staff when you've got hordes of hardcore supporters like this. We ARE staff! (And we're cheap.)

That brings up an interesting point.

Is there a way we could use the distributed computing model to do something for the campaign? I realize that a campaign doesn't do a whole lot of number crunching ... but is there something they do? Any kinds of demographics. Or maybe email polling? Hrm... come on you techies, any thoughts? It would be cool to be the first campaign to capitalize both on torrents and distributed computing (which has been around a hell of a lot longer).

ecliptic
07-06-2007, 07:06 AM
Welcome to the forums Vali and Bakeat98.6º

Thanks for joining the Ron Paul campaign.... where everyone is a patriot!

Let's not get our expectations too high just yet...

The key to winning a race is to put your head down and focus on the road ahead - don't waste your energy looking behind you! If we have the smallest donations total that's OK, and if we have a large total let's not get too excited about that either. The media won't give us fair coverage no matter what we have nor how many supporters... We are and will always be the underdogs. Doesn't matter - we will win. :)

Joe Knows
07-06-2007, 11:10 AM
I can see reasons to wait on the announcement. One thought is, isn't Fred supposed to announce soon? You wouldn't want to announce the number, have it be news for thirty minutes and then have Fred's announcement totally eclipse that. I'm sure they have it planned for maximum exposure, provided it's good news.

I could be mistaken, but I do not think Freddie Boy has to announce his numbers because he has only set up an exploratory committee. Since he has not formally announced he does not have to abide by the same rules.

foofighter20x
07-06-2007, 11:16 AM
I could be mistaken, but I do not think Freddie Boy has to announce his numbers because he has only set up an exploratory committee. Since he has not formally announced he does not have to abide by the same rules.

he's probably lying in wait to see who the front runners will be so he can steal their material

buffalokid777
07-06-2007, 11:36 AM
Looks like my speculation might be reality!!! My thread was first to speculate!!!

GO RON PAUL!!! Can't wait til Sunday!

http://thehill.com/campaign-2008/online-community-flocks-to-ron-paul-2007-07-06.html

Former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani may lead the polls and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney might have the most money among GOP presidential candidates, but Rep. Ron Paul (Texas) clearly leads his Republican colleagues in online support, and his second-quarter fundraising figures will reflect this, the campaign said Friday.
Paul leads all Republicans in YouTube channel views with nearly 2.1 million, according to the popular video website. The next closest Republican is Romney, who has fewer than 700,000 channel views. Only Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) has more among all presidential candidates, with close to 5.2 million.

But Paul’s communications director, Jesse Benton, pointed out that the Texan’s channel has been up and running only three months, while Obama has had a YouTube channel since September of last year.

Among YouTube channel subscribers, Paul is blowing away all competition, with 19,328 as of Friday morning, more than twice as many as Obama.

The Texas lawmaker also leads the GOP field in Facebook supporters and MySpace friends.

Benton credited Paul’s message with the online success, saying it is “really connecting with voters.”

Although Paul is widely viewed as an also-ran, the online support is translating in a bump in the polls, according to the campaign. In addition, several factors also contribute to Paul’s under-performance in traditional polls, Benton said.

For example, the Texas lawmaker has a lot of young followers, many of whom do not use landlines anymore and are not captured in telephone polls.

When the campaign releases its second-quarter fundraising figures, likely on ABC’s “This Week with George Stephanopoulos” on Sunday, Paul’s increasing popularity will become more evident, Benton said.

Contributions from April to June will be “significantly higher” than the $640,000 that Paul had raised in the first quarter, Benton added.