PDA

View Full Version : I'm beginning to get angry

Paulitical Correctness
12-17-2007, 02:06 AM
Some of my "Ron Paul supporter" friends are getting under my skin.

They claim to be supporters, but when I bring up new things regarding Dr. Paul they either ignore me, change the subject, shoot down the chances of his presidency, etc.

Today I was SO excited, as I'm sure many of you were. A couple of my friends seemed very apathetic when I gleefully informed them of his astounding donation numbers.

It's just so shocking to me. I sat here glued to the computer all day and each time the counter rose 3-4 thousand dollars all at once I couldn't help but smile and tell people.

I'm so freakin' tired of hearing "Well, he's not going to win so it doesn't really matter."

Not with that f***ing attitude he's not! What are YOU doing to make sure this ISNT the case?

*sigh*

I'm going to slap somebody soon. :mad:

matteh
12-17-2007, 02:13 AM
I have similar experiences with my friends. I got quite a few of them to change their parties though, and some of them even donated today. Voting is the primary is most important, as long as they're doing that, you can't fault them. Political fervency isn't for everyone. Some people like being apathetic for whatever reason.

When I asked my friend if he'd match my donation today, after he already donated once ($25), he acted like I was nuts or something.

Friend: "Why the fervor?"
Me: "Why the apathy?"

He basically just told me he's tired blah blah blah. We're all tired. I'm going through final exams and term projects, but you don't hear me complaining. Some people put themselves above everything else.

Sometimes you have to sacrifice. All of us here know that.

Cheers to a great day.

hillertexas
12-17-2007, 02:15 AM
it's gonna be ok, guys :)

idiotwind
12-17-2007, 02:16 AM
chill

Exarel
12-17-2007, 02:16 AM
I know.. i hate when people say that too. Who is to say who can and can't win. Support who you want, don't support who is "popular" because someone said he was popular..

hillertexas
12-17-2007, 02:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/swf/l.swf?video_id=klSek88t54w

Paulitical Correctness
Thanks for the words, I'm calming down.

I was getting pretty burnt up, though. :)

Seriously though, it's not enough to simply say "I support Ron Paul".

Freakin' do something about it.

At least they're registered to vote..:cool:

curtisag
Please read my signature below. That will tell you everything you need to know.

smartguy911
some people just don't care. Majority of my friends are like that and it's very hard to change a person especially when they simply don't care or don't have time to watch news or even learn about candidates. Majority of people still get their news from MSM and they will believe what they see on MSM polls.

I keep trying to educate them and hopefully they will change their mind in the future. Just don't give up. have patience and they will come around. I am actually ordering dvd-r (100 pack) and burning ron paul dvd and passing to out to all my friends. Maybe when they are bored, they might watch it.

ronpaulfan
12-17-2007, 02:18 AM
If you want to make a really really really hardcore supporter.....have them watch "Martial Law", "911 Mysteries" and then "Ron Paul: Stop Dreaming"

JosephTheLibertarian
12-17-2007, 02:24 AM

They claim to be supporters, but when I bring up new things regarding Dr. Paul they either ignore me, change the subject, shoot down the chances of his presidency, etc.

Today I was SO excited, as I'm sure many of you were. A couple of my friends seemed very apathetic when I gleefully informed them of his astounding donation numbers.

It's just so shocking to me. I sat here glued to the computer all day and each time the counter rose 3-4 thousand dollars all at once I couldn't help but smile and tell people.

I'm so freakin' tired of hearing "Well, he's not going to win so it doesn't really matter."

Not with that f***ing attitude he's not! What are YOU doing to make sure this ISNT the case?

*sigh*

Who cares? Just get their asses up to vote lol

teasea
12-17-2007, 02:30 AM
I get that from my friends also
but you have to look at why
its because they have been brain washed
and or dont give a sh t about this country
so just leave em behind

Wingman
12-17-2007, 02:34 AM
well yes their apathy is really annoying. its like.. "why bother? its not my planet earth.."

all the suggestions above are good ideas.

for me -- i think the act of donating or supporting is not something which I expect people around me to understand. Yes I feel it is important to involve them i dialogue and see if their positions will change, but no i do not expect them to change. It is only informing them to give them that opportunity if they so wish. The largest problem really is absence of information. I am usually very very surprised if I get anything close to a 40% favourable repsonse rate. In Ron paul's case, we get very high faviourable repsonse because his message is so clear.

so the financial giving, to me, is a personal matter. i know in our hearts we have done what is right.

Think12345
12-17-2007, 02:38 AM
Who cares? Just get their asses up to vote lol
+1
Majority of people I talk to agree to support Ron Paul, but only a few become hard-core supporters. Then it's our job to follow up with them and make them actually register republican and go the primaries. Slapping them will not help, it might just cost RP a vote.

Austin
12-17-2007, 02:39 AM

*sigh*

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one.

One of my friends was supposed to go to Iowa with me, but his parents wanted him to stay at home because the family is coming down. I felt that if he truly supported Ron Paul and wanted him to win, he would have worked harder, because his parents certainly can be swayed.

Ah well.

nathanmn
12-17-2007, 02:54 AM
Please read my signature below. That will tell you everything you need to know.

:) I've been using the same signature.