PDA

View Full Version : Contact your local radio talk show hosts

WhiteWhaleHolyGrail
07-05-2007, 11:05 PM
In an effort to get the message out at the local level, contact your local radio station talk show hosts to discuss Ron Paul. I sent the following email to some conservative Milwaukee radio show hosts: Charlie Sykes, Jay Weber, Mark Belling, and Jeff Wagner.

Mr. xxxx,

I listen to your show on occasion and have heard you discuss the presidential candidates. I would like to hear your opinion concerning Ron Paul. He is the only candidate that people for a limited federal government can count on. One topic you may disagree with him is the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, but it is traditionally Republican to oppose nation building efforts. Besides, Michael Scheuer, the former CIA Chief of the Bin Laden unit endorses Ron Paul's position that the wars are not reducing the threat of terrorism, but increasing it.

It would be refreshing to hear commentary about Ron Paul, rather than the uninspiring "top tier" media darling candidates.

LizF
07-06-2007, 06:51 AM
I thought this deserved a bump.

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-06-2007, 07:16 AM
Better yet, call in to the show. If they're talking about immigration, call in and say how great Ron Paul is on immigration. If they're talking about taxes or reducing the size of government, call in and say RP is the only credible candidate on that issue given his consistant twenty-year record.

Don't leave it up to the hosts -- they'll rip RP up.

MozoVote
07-06-2007, 07:20 AM
That's part of the reason I have not asked most of my local hosts to bring up RP directly as a topic. They are too immersed in neocon or foreign intervention slants.

WhiteWhaleHolyGrail
07-06-2007, 11:19 AM
That's part of the reason I have not asked most of my local hosts to bring up RP directly as a topic. They are too immersed in neocon or foreign intervention slants.

We want Ron Paul to be a part of the national conversation. That has to start at the local level. If biased talk show hosts disparage him so be it, at least they will be talking about him.

The Republican mainstream support for the war is starting to erode, and it would be better if people knew right now that Ron Paul is against the war and always has been. It still often stated that all of the Republican candidates are pro-war, so obviously more people need to hear his message.